Author Topic: Why I Hate Blacks, by Kenneth Eng  (Read 13148 times)

Jenn

Why I Hate Blacks, by Kenneth Eng
« on: February 27, 2007, 12:18:19 pm »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:41:00 pm by Jenn »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Why I Hate Blacks, by Kenneth Eng
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:17:59 pm »
I kept waiting for the punch line only there wasn't one...

Thanks for scanning it, Jenn.  Apparently they yanked the online version.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:22:14 pm »
sad.. hopefully people can learn from this to be more respectful..

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 01:26:40 pm »
There is something about the college evironment that just produces this kind of idiocy. Young Repubokiddies trying to tilt at the Bad Ole' Monolith of P.C.  The writers of these kind of things are usually the small, out of shape dudes who rock camo fatigues everywhere they go.

Somebody's trying really hard to be Ed Anger here.

A desperate cry for attention. I mean, Rush Hour?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:30:43 pm »
Yeah, well...you know he's not the only one at the paper that shares that view...it had to get by an editor or someone to get put in the paper.  I'm not mad at him for saying what he said, I like to know what clowns and idiots and racists look like.  Hell, judging from the sfgate article, he's mad at everybody anyway...even has a good amount of self-hate in his heart.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:08:01 pm »
I heard this article on my way to work this morning. I really wondered what made him write it, some big brother steal his woman, a black person got the last space in a class he wanted. It just showed how silly people can be and get away with it.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:36:04 am »
Being an Asian in living in Philadelphia, I had more black friends whom I respected than others who weren't. Yes, I encountered some black guys off the street who ridiculed me. But I didn't meet them again and they weren't my friends. Neither is this Kenneth Eng.

Russo-Japanese War? A guy called Eng - which doesn't sound Japanese - shoudn't be boasting about that.  >:(
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 11:41:19 am »
Hell I met some Black folks I wasn't so crazy about either, then there were so whites oh yeah and some koreans , those mixed raced people. At some point I think you realize you don't like every body nor do you dislike everybody you judge people on who they are.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 11:45:25 am »
Russo-Japanese War? A guy called Eng - which doesn't sound Japanese - shoudn't be boasting about that.  >:(
That's the problem with supremacists of any race. They want to take credit and pride from things they have nothing to do with.
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 03:17:57 pm »
Being an Asian in living in Philadelphia, I had more black friends whom I respected than others who weren't. Yes, I encountered some black guys off the street who ridiculed me. But I didn't meet them again and they weren't my friends. Neither is this Kenneth Eng.

Thank you for saying that.  I don't think idiots like Eng should be censored, but I do feel that when any fool jumps and proclaims to speak for all his people, then it becomes more important than ever for other representatives to stand up and give a counterpoint.  That way it prevents people from thinking "See what they feel about us?".

People are just reveling in showing their ignorance these days aren't they?   I'm of the belief that you'd be hard pressed to truly hate any individual let alone an entire race of people based upon the few you've met in your life.  That's just STOOPID.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 06:49:01 pm »
Yeah, well...you know he's not the only one at the paper that shares that view...it had to get by an editor or someone to get put in the paper.  I'm not mad at him for saying what he said, I like to know what clowns and idiots and racists look like.  Hell, judging from the sfgate article, he's mad at everybody anyway...even has a good amount of self-hate in his heart.

pretty much.  People like that can sound off all goddamn day if they want to, its nothing new. 

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »
I would like to quote a phrase from MC Lyte's cut, "Paper Thin"

"in one ear and right out the other......"  bull$#it  the avg college campus has someone writing an artice like this every single year through the US.

Jenn

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 08:05:35 pm »
I don't think idiots like Eng should be censored

Censored, no. But as the saying goes, just because we CAN say anything we want to, does it mean that we SHOULD?

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 08:15:43 pm »
I don't think idiots like Eng should be censored

Censored, no. But as the saying goes, just because we CAN say anything we want to, does it mean that we SHOULD?

Those of us with a lick of sense know better than to run off at the mouth and to speak without thinking, but I feel it's important that people be allowed to make these kinds of mistakes.  That way we know who and where they are and how far they've creeped into the system.

It's like sinking an inner tube in water so you can see where the leak is.  Their mouths are the best way we can identify them.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 12:01:58 am »

Thank you for saying that.  I don't think idiots like Eng should be censored, but I do feel that when any fool jumps and proclaims to speak for all his people, then it becomes more important than ever for other representatives to stand up and give a counterpoint.  That way it prevents people from thinking "See what they feel about us?".

People are just reveling in showing their ignorance these days aren't they?   I'm of the belief that you'd be hard pressed to truly hate any individual let alone an entire race of people based upon the few you've met in your life.  That's just STOOPID.

I wasn't suggesting he be censored. I'm saying he's an idiot.  :)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?