Poll

Who's the baddest brother in armour?

Hardware
7 (63.6%)
War Machine
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: HARD CHOICES: Black Armoured heroes  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
HARD CHOICES: Black Armoured heroes
« on: December 05, 2006, 04:13:58 am »
Hardware (Curtis Metcalfe)

War Machine (Jim Rhodes)

Two very similar heroes, from separate universes. Two brothers, both heads of their own companies, both armoured fighters. Rhodey may think of the actual IM armour as 'the most powerful weapon on [616] Earth', but his War Machine armour isn't bad either. Curt was constantly updating his armour, and had some impressive stuff in there.

Both of them could probably take down small armies on their own, but who's your pick, for whatever reason?

Note: I might have included Technique, Hardware's female counterpart / sometimes enemy, as Dwayne McDuffie said she would have eventually taken over the Hardware name, but I like the similarities / contrasts of these 2 guys so much, I'm just limiting it to them, for now.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: HARD CHOICES: Black Armoured heroes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:42:01 pm »
Definitely a Hard Choice.  ;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:03:39 pm »
I say hardware because HE created the amor. Rhodey was hooked up by his boy Stark

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 03:26:06 pm »
Hard Ware. That character needs to come back before it's too late.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 01:15:24 am »
Hard Ware. That character needs to come back before it's too late.
The animated feature that Milestone are making for BET isn't Hardware, but apparently looks vaguely similar. Also, Hardware was namechecked in Static Shock, which means a version of him exists somewhere in the DCAU. It's not much, but we can dream of a future appearance. Hell, DC never let Black Lightning appear in the cartoon, but he recently headlined the comic. Maybe there could be an issue set in Dakota, starring Static andGear, maybe have appearances from Hardware and Augustus Freeman?

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 05:51:28 pm »
I'm picking Hardware.  looking at the pics Wise gave us, WM got the guns, but Hardware got raw power

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 12:40:15 am »
I'm picking Hardware.  looking at the pics Wise gave us, WM got the guns, but Hardware got raw power
Damn straight. Plus, when he does bring out the guns, they truly rock. I love his omni-cannons if only for the KLATCHETT! sound effect. For me it's right up there with 'snikt' or 'BAMF'. Plus, in a tight situation, there's the PLASER, so powerful he can only use it 3 times.

Also, in the DC crossover, when he ended up fighting Steel, he just dissolved Steel's armour right off him, then rebuilt a superior version for him, from scratch, before the next issue. That is a serious win. ;D

-Harriet Tubman

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 07:16:33 am »
There is also my the extensible whip capable of delivering plasma bursts.  And my personal favorite, the retractable sword for when you need to get medieval.   Also, the programmable shell for augmented martial arts sequences.  By the way, we're talking MK II here.  Don't forget the inertia winder that allows the user to wield the heavy armor and weapons systems with dexterity and agility.  Thanks to Mr. Freeman. 
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 10:45:19 am »
By the way, we're talking MK II here. 
Oh, and the few glimpses we had of Mk III and beyond... Damn! Plus you he had the whole army of suits down before Iron Man,

-Harriet Tubman

Offline Static Froggy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:59:34 pm »
Damn straight. Plus, when he does bring out the guns, they truly rock. I love his omni-cannons if only for the KLATCHETT! sound effect. For me it's right up there with 'snikt' or 'BAMF'. Plus, in a tight situation, there's the PLASER, so powerful he can only use it 3 times.

Also, in the DC crossover, when he ended up fighting Steel, he just dissolved Steel's armour right off him, then rebuilt a superior version for him, from scratch, before the next issue. That is a serious win. ;D
      damn, steel got OWNED. I guess that amkes up for supes working the blood syndicate

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 02:31:49 pm »
I say hardware because HE created the amor. Rhodey was hooked up by his boy Stark

yup yup.  Hardware yo.  For that very reason.

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 08:56:43 pm »
Harware. He wasn't just a stand-in for a White man.