Author Topic: DISNEY/PIXAR & MARVEL ANNOUNCES...  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
DISNEY/PIXAR & MARVEL ANNOUNCES...
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:40:56 pm »
Finally!
...A NEW HOWARD THE DUCK MOVIE!
*Waaaugh!*

In the beginning, there was... Howard the Duck, MARVEL's first comicbook movie which 25 years ago, was considered by many to be one of the worst movies ever, however, I've always loved the character from the actual comicbook because of its brilliant social commentary of American pop culture, politics and people.  I'm not certain that this announcement from GeekTyrant dot com is just an elaborate April Fool's joke but I pity the fool who doesn't believe that Howard the Duck doesn't deserve a second chance to shine on the big screen.

Would You Like To Know More?
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/1/disneypixar-and-marvel-announce-a-new-howard-the-duck-movie.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:31:26 am by Battle »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: DISNEY/PIXAR & MARVEL ANNOUNCES...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:57:28 am »
It reveals itself at the bottom of the page.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:11 am »
It would be great to see Howard re-interpreted in animation.  My hope is that a TV show would have the same satirical themes as took place in the original comics.. It can have all sorts of characters, especially from the comedic and nutty side of the Marvel Universe.. [the return of Obnoxio the Clown?  Irving Forbush?]  Howard could be Marvel/Disney's answer to The Simpsons , Futurama or Family Guy, shows that owe a certain debt to the comics.. and if The Simpsons is really ending in a few years maybe they can get Matt Groening involved.. Obviously Fox-TV has carved a niche with its Sunday shows.. who knows, maybe ABC can start their own block of shows.. pair Howard with a show based on Damage Control which satirized corporate culture and city politics in the backdrop of Marvel's NYC...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:28:53 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:39:57 pm »
Here's a very, VERY rare Steve Gerber interview from 1975 (originally recorded on analog tape) I found on Youtube where he talks about his run writing Man-Thing and The Defenders.
What's interesting to note here is that he mentions creating the new character, whom he calls [Howard] the Duck (at 12:10) and wanting to write a new black female character named Storm (at 14:20) from the all-new, all different X-Men who we all know are mainstream right now.  It's a fascinating dialogue of what's sure to come...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:04:51 am by Battle »