Author Topic: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).  (Read 532233 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).
« Reply #1335 on: June 25, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »
After the divorce they didn't talk for half a year or more. They could have had them amicably split or give each other the big F YOU both good with me. Eventually they went the former. Fine but don't come with all this poor wronged Storm sssh. They both failed.

I think the problem is that it depends on which version of the breakup you buy. Remember, there's a version where T'Challa broke it off, and a version where Storm broke it off, just like there are two versions of their engagement - Claremont's and Hudlin's. The problem is that the breakup LITERALLY came out of nowhere. There wasn't even a lead-up to the sh*t. So it's impossible, IMO, to figure out who was wrong because neither of them were wrong.

But I definitely agree that Marvel could've just gone with a "let's call the whole thing off" mode and left them as friends. What they did to both Black Panther/Storm and Wolverine/Storm is unforgivable. T'Challa comes off smelling like roses either way. Wolverine's going to be Wolverine, regardless. It's Storm who has been utterly ruined.

Let's be real. The breakup happened the instant that RH was removed from BP. Let's just acknowledge that every one of us called that one.

Insofar as TChalla coming off smelling like roses? Well. I think they smashed TChalla pretty good and he's still reeling from the virtually nonstop deconstruction that he's undergone...but yeah. What they did to Storm? Violation. Repugnant. Repulsive. Even when they used her to tear down and diss TChalla more. The writers sucked Hater Phallus on that one.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:26:58 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:14 pm »
After the divorce they didn't talk for half a year or more. They could have had them amicably split or give each other the big F YOU both good with me. Eventually they went the former. Fine but don't come with all this poor wronged Storm sssh. They both failed.

I think the problem is that it depends on which version of the breakup you buy. Remember, there's a version where T'Challa broke it off, and a version where Storm broke it off, just like there are two versions of their engagement - Claremont's and Hudlin's. The problem is that the breakup LITERALLY came out of nowhere. There wasn't even a lead-up to the sh*t. So it's impossible, IMO, to figure out who was wrong because neither of them were wrong.

But I definitely agree that Marvel could've just gone with a "let's call the whole thing off" mode and left them as friends. What they did to both Black Panther/Storm and Wolverine/Storm is unforgivable. T'Challa comes off smelling like roses either way. Wolverine's going to be Wolverine, regardless. It's Storm who has been utterly ruined.

And since the whole "annulment" was written by X-writers that just goes to show how "highly" they regard Storm. :smh:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:01 pm »

And since the whole "annulment" was written by X-writers that just goes to show how "highly" they regard Storm. :smh:

since the X-fans purchse it, doesn't that same disregard shown by the X-authors extend to a majority of the paying X-Fans? Or am I incorrect?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:53 am »

since the X-fans purchse it, doesn't that same disregard shown by the X-authors extend to a majority of the paying X-Fans? Or am I incorrect?

Before the MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY, it was said by many that Ororo wasn't doing much of anything as an X-Man and that there didn't seem to be much of anything in particular planned for her going forward. She was seemingly "disregarded". While Ororo was Queen of Wakanda, some of the MPFFF ("paying X-Fans), complained that Ororo was snatched away from the X-Men, ruining the "big plans" in store for her character, just so she could prop up a C-List character nobody enjoyed reading about. The annullment happens. Ororo returns to the X-Men. The "big plans" she was snatched from are revealed to be Headmistress of the Jean Grey School, Logan's bed mistress, and not much of anything else. Disregarded, her character begins a slow descent to where it languished prior to the MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY.

The X-writers and MPFFF manifested a high regard for Ororo which in the long run wasn't all it was put up to be. Storm isn't the first lady of the X-Men. She never was. She never will be. Contrast her character trajectory with the Green Lantern, John Stewart. Bruce Timm's favorite GL, Stewart was chosen to be the representative of the GL Corps in the DCAU Justice League and JLU animated programs. There was resistance from those who preferred Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner, but Timm stuck to his guns and with John Stewart. Today, while Ororo is simply just another X-woMan, John Stewart is believed by many to be not simply another Green Lantern, he is believed to be THE Green Lantern. You've heard it. You've read it. When the GL movie came out, many fans could be heard to say, "But I thought the Green Lantern was black..."

The X-writers gave lip service to having a high regard for Storm. Bruce Timm talked having a high regard for John Stewart and then, Timm walked what he talked. You see the results.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:44:16 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 02, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »
"But, If I did, Id use the illest reference possible. Yes, Im giving away a major-jewel out of the treasure chest." ~apexabyss

Last but not least... I mentioned this before, remember? Last year! Tinker-Bell & her Fairy Friends? No more jewels until July.
I'll start droppin' W.W.O. pages! OUCH!!! Here comes the pain. The take over! I gave them an advanced warning. Again, I'm not askin'...

LLLLOOOOOOOOVE IT!!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: