Author Topic: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).  (Read 533029 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The sad return O'oroe Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 09:41:18 pm »
Post-Hudlin Storm was supposed to be Michelle Obama the Marvel Universe, instead she's the Evelyn Lozada of the Marvel Universe.  :)

dayam!
you came with it on that one Se7en!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »
It's the truth though. during Hudlin's run and Mcduffie F4 that's kinda what she was...instead she's a VH1 Basketball Wife. It's kinda sad...

Think about BP #1 were she is speaking to the youth of Wakanda, to me that was growth in the right direction.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 05:18:04 am »
I still wonder how that was a problem of her being a role model for the wakandan kids.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:01 am »
"O'Oreo Munroe". Yeah I'll admit while I liked her and wanted more  I looked at her like Marvel's  Starfire sad to say. As a WoC she really didn't have any substance to her and what is more she was stunted with no character growth. The fetish, mammy, exotic piece...I liked her having a home and a close family and a people. The X Men were "family" like the other kids in the orphanage. But, with all that damn baggage I would have been ok if they stayed together but I'm not mad they are apart.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:40 am »
"O'Oreo Munroe". Yeah I'll admit while I liked her and wanted more  I looked at her like Marvel's  Starfire sad to say. As a WoC she really didn't have any substance to her and what is more she was stunted with no character growth. The fetish, mammy, exotic piece...I liked her having a home and a close family and a people. The X Men were "family" like the other kids in the orphanage. But, with all that damn baggage I would have been ok if they stayed together but I'm not mad they are apart.

QFT, sadly a large part of her fan base is delusional. This one person says to me that he would rather see her as wall paper them be with BP. Lmao.

And a lot of them are cool with her being a fetish-animal in chains, with little care for the sub-text...I mean I want to know what feminist think...because there is no way a true one would champion this character..in this state.

again, the my Pitch for Storm would have her cast as M.Obama with powers...that's compelling, that something you can sale..this fetish crap is nothing I would want ANY young WoC to read.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 08:43:48 am »
"O'Oreo Munroe". Yeah I'll admit while I liked her and wanted more  I looked at her like Marvel's  Starfire sad to say. As a WoC she really didn't have any substance to her and what is more she was stunted with no character growth. The fetish, mammy, exotic piece...I liked her having a home and a close family and a people. The X Men were "family" like the other kids in the orphanage. But, with all that damn baggage I would have been ok if they stayed together but I'm not mad they are apart.

QFT, sadly a large part of her fan base is delusional. This one person says to me that he would rather see her as wall paper them be with BP. Lmao.

And a lot of them are cool with her being a fetish-animal in chains, with little care for the sub-text...I mean I want to know what feminist think...because there is no way a true one would champion this character..in this state.

again, the my Pitch for Storm would have her cast as M.Obama with powers...that's compelling, that something you can sale..this fetish crap is nothing I would want ANY young WoC to read.

In all fairness a lot of that anti BP rhetoric is because some of you guys are fighting some crazy culture wars on those boards.Nobody hates a cartoon figure on a page, that's insane. Some of them hate the idea of her with a Black man for their various issued-related reasons. Some are trolling the Panther fans and there is some symbiotic crazy going on where some elements of BP fans are thirsty for their approval and they enjoy tweeking and rejecting them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:16:51 am by Princesa »

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:56 am »
I have been loathe to say this but as a woman and a WoC I love Storm...but I just don't think she is good enough for him. Yeah she would have been good enough for Cage or Falcon but not the Panther. He is to the manner born and has always carried himself so. With all her super-size me baggage I could and did readily accept he loved her and chose her, the past doesn't matter, cool. They aside that were perfect. But then she DID betray him with Namor and if you want to give her a pass she doesn't get one for not coming clean. She did assault him on another man's directive. She defamed the Nation. She's not good enough for him and I have no problems with her being booted or her own volition out the door. Her pass isn't her pass it's her character and who she is.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:48 am »
At this point we know that Storm will be appearing in All-New Xmen.

We don't know where BP will show up next if anywhere.

So if we are for some reason keeping score, that character is doing better.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »

We do know that the Black Panther will show up in Marvel Now!...we're just waiting for Hickman to reveal the plans.

And Storm will also appear in "Wolverine and the X-Men," but we can't say that she is doing better as a character because of her appearances there (or anywhere else in the X-Men books) when she is being shown on a cover, locked in chains with a lockpick sticking out of her mouth.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »
I have been loathe to say this but as a woman and a WoC I love Storm...but I just don't think she is good enough for him. Yeah she would have been good enough for Cage or Falcon but not the Panther. He is to the manner born and has always carried himself so. With all her super-size me baggage I could and did readily accept he loved her and chose her, the past doesn't matter, cool. They aside that were perfect. But then she DID betray him with Namor and if you want to give her a pass she doesn't get one for not coming clean. She did assault him on another man's directive. She defamed the Nation. She's not good enough for him and I have no problems with her being booted or her own volition out the door. Her pass isn't her pass it's her character and who she is.

I can only lay blame at the feet of the writer who had Ororo behaving that way. I think we have to ask ourselves why certain writers have Storm and the Black Panther behaving in certain ways, especially against each other.

Is the problem really with the characters, or the writers? I say it's the writers, and they need to be held accountable for the stuff they think up when it hurts the reputation of characters who are meant to be heroes and heroines.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 02:10:19 pm »

Not really, since we DO know that he is showing up with the Avengers. Hickman has repeated it several times already. I don't think she's doing better at all.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

We do know that the Black Panther will show up in Marvel Now!...we're just waiting for Hickman to reveal the plans.

And Storm will also appear in "Wolverine and the X-Men," but we can't say that she is doing better as a character because of her appearances there (or anywhere else in the X-Men books) when she is being shown on a cover, locked in chains with a lockpick sticking out of her mouth.

Exactly...the whole fetish-animal thing...wow.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »

Not really, since we DO know that he is showing up with the Avengers. Hickman has repeated it several times already. I don't think she's doing better at all.

That and we know as confirmed by Axel and Hickman that he wil be hugely important to marvel now. Plus he's going to be handled by Hickman while storm gets aaron and bendis neither of whom has a good track record with her. He will be important to the main mega plot to marvel in general while there has been no indication so far that storm will be important to the x men mega plot much less the general MU mega plot like BP will be. Tchalla wins.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:41:42 pm by Shade »
Kiss the sky!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

That and we know as confirmed by Axel and Hickman that he wil be hugely important to marvel now. Plus he's going to be handled by Hickman while storm gets aaron and bendis neither of whom has a good track record with her. He will be important to the main mega plot to marvel in general while there has been no indication so far that storm will be important to the x men mega plot much less the general MU mega plot like BP will be. Tchalla wins.

Is the Black Panther role a big reveal? I'm guessing that he's has spoilers connected to him?

JonathanHickman 6h
The entire book is a reveal. So we're not talking about it.

See what I mean. Hickman has and IS being straight up about things. For me, look at how many brown minority males that are on the team?

Eden Fesi
Sunspot
Falcon

And T'challa is tied to something that is a total reveal. Storm loses...she wasnt even important enough to be used as a spoiler. They just released covers, one where she was a after thought...the other were they just said she's back to being fetish-mammy Jean's school on Wolverines team!

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »
It's a shame.  I rather enjoyed the badass Storm from Worlds Apart!

Peace,

Mont