Author Topic: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).  (Read 533021 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: The sad return O'oroe Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »
It's a shame.  I rather enjoyed the badass Storm from Worlds Apart!

Peace,

Mont
Agreed..that Storm is great..that other Storm or O'oreo is not.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: CONSEQUENCES #1
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 11:19:28 am »
AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: CONSEQUENCES #1

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:21:22 am by Seven »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 11:36:37 am »
"Some people were questioning, 'What are they going to see? I don't get it.' How about 16-year-old Cyclops discovers that he murdered Xavier, and is hanging out with Magneto?" Bendis said. "Poor Jean and Scott, they're so filled with young love for each other, and then she has to see, "Oh, you grow up to be this?"

Despite the story potential in a dead Xavier, Bendis said that it was still a "hotly debated" decision at Marvel. It was also never a situation where someone "had" to die in order to give weight to AvX, Alonso stressed.

"We could have done this event without killing Professor X, easily," Alonso said. "We could have done it without killing anyone. But it made sense. This is more than just a set piece we use in AvX; it enriches the story when you see son kill father. We wouldn't have done it if we didn't think it created an interesting dynamic for the future, and where we're headed.

Since the (temporary) demise of Hawkeye in 2004's Avengers #502, Bendis has had something of a reputation for killing beloved Marvel characters — and now he's bumped off the guy who started the X-Men, two months before he starts his run as writer of the new flagship title.

"I decimated the mutants, gave Wolverine his memories back, and killed Charles Xavier, and I haven't even started the X-Men yet," Bendis said, with a laugh. "That's just nuts."

With All-New X-Men #1 not out until November and the blood of Charles Xavier already on his hands, Bendis has some advice for X-Men fans who might not be pleased with him over the latest developments:

"Let us follow in the teachings of Xavier and be tolerant and accepting of other people's ideas, and not yell at me."

----Newsarama:

Smh. Thank goodness Bendis (and I like him) isn't writing T'challa (because he can't). I still worry for Storm and Logan is going to be 'hitting' it.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
Although there are some X-Men fans that want to see Storm with Wolverine, there seem to be a lot of X-Men fans that don't want her with Wolverine. They'd probably start fighting amongst themselves in their forums, if they don't already.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:01:09 pm by moneyspider »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:16 am »
Although there are some X-Men fans that want to see Storm with Wolverine, there seem to be a lot of X-Men fans that don't want her with Wolverine. They'd probably start fighting amongst themselves in their forums, if they don't already.

Forge is back from the dead...so now you have Forge also. Which would ok with the x-board tea party.

Brian Wood's 'Security' team (a decent book btw) has been gutted (Domino, Colossus, Nemesis [tech-support]) So I'm not sure how that's going to work out, besides Wood leaving the book. Right now Storm is with two oversized team books. Not really a good look and even if she got a team book she was leading with focus...this current book was dropping in sales WHEN Storm started getting more focus, prior to that the book sold better with the other writer Gishler.

That's Marvels problem, the 'fans' on the X-boards DON'T really support Storm...at all. They just hate on Black Panther..... AND they hate on Storm too...even when Panther has nothing to do with it. They aren't really supporting.

So look for Forge I think. smh.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:40 pm »
Gabriel also said Milo Manara will be doing a Marvel NOW! cover that heavily features Psylocke, with her name in italics in the interview like it's the title of a book, suggesting the mutant ninja will be getting her own ongoing series as part of Marvel NOW!.

So Psylocke is getting a solo.  :)

Storm can also fight in Hand to Hand, they could make her sort like the Avatar when she does fight, which would be visually different.

Again, is Storm really the Flag Ship Marvel woman or even X-woman? The answer is no. She has never been that, EVER even back in the 80's, Jean was the focal point and Storm pretty much came after Jean and all her various meta moving story lines. Again, Mr. Hudin's marriage of Storm was the correct direction for the character.

Look at the awesome NEW Avengers squad that is SURE to be a big hit like Hickman has exclaimed. Wouldn't it be much better is she was there with a writer who actually likes the marriage, likes her former Husband so much that he has made him a center piece in a Flagship book of Marvel and also likes her and can actually write strong female characters? Not that Bendis and Aaron don't. I just think she is going to be wallpaper for the most part and just there, making a statement here and there instead of actually being a part of the mega plot.

And Bendis likes to kill, big characters. She is certainly not immune to this...especially when they don't think she can carry a title and with Frenzy and Idie (who as a major role in Aaron's book coming up) are also black females. Food for thought.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »
Seven...you need to let it go...and quit worrying about fictional sex between two cartoon characters  ;D

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »
Seven...you need to let it go...and quit worrying about fictional sex between two cartoon characters  ;D
Lol, lmao. Be quite. My head is not in the gutter.  :D

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41053

Storm is on Uncanny Xforce.

So..part of me says she has killed before, but the other feels that it's not a standard thing for her. Is this too far fetched?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 03:25:26 pm »

So..part of me says she has killed before, but the other feels that it's not a standard thing for her. Is this too far fetched?

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

Humphries further noted that the focus of the series would be on Psylocke

No thank you.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »
[sarcasm]Oh yeah, Storm is much better off now that she's no longer married to T'Challa.[/sarcasm]

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »
This is a clear downgrade for the character. Period. As Kris points out, Psylocke has pretty much bumped her out of the way. WOW.

Storm was the center, the focus, the leader, and moral compass of Wood's X-MEN Storm was all those things? Karma.

Marvel.com: You say all these characters have darkness in their past. Who—if anyone—provides the book's moral center?

Sam Humphries: "Moral center" is an interesting term for a book like UNCANNY X-FORCE. In this context, it won't mean the same thing to all people. Psylocke will be the center of the book, both morally and otherwise.

Marvel.com: What makes Psylocke the right person to headline the series and lead the team?

Sam Humphries: She's a great character with deep contradictions. Her history is a mess. She's a survivor who doesn't fear the darkness. She's one of my favorite X-Men. And it's her time. Watch the throne.

So Storm's is just a supporting character in three books.  :-\ sure she's showing up, but like I said, she was the star of X-MEN.

It's her time, and I guess O'oreo's time is over. Really, Psylocke leading Storm? Lmao

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:59:27 pm by Seven »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:53 pm »
[sarcasm]Oh yeah, Storm is much better off now that she's no longer married to T'Challa.[/sarcasm]

Indeed Bro. O'oreo fans are getting what they asked for! Karma.

Meanwhile T'challa is a star of NEW Avengers, according to it's Writer and the EIC of Marvel. Storm would have been better off with T'challa and Hickman.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:26 pm »
Marvel.com: Storm seems like the odd-one-out in this team, as she tends to see killing as a last resort. Is she here to keep an eye on the others, or do the events of AvX force a change in her attitudes?

Sam Humphries: Odd one out? Don't forget Storm is still the same person who ran off into the Tokyo night and reappeared sporting leather street wear and a mohawk! I see everyone in this book as a wild card, especially Storm. Without saying too much, the events of AvX creates a bond between her and Betsy that will take them into the events of the book together.

Characters in Uncanny X-Force aren't always going to be on the same page when it comes to killing. Same goes for some of the other bizarre surprises we have in store. We've got a wide spectrum of strong personalities and it's been fun to decide where they stand on some core values—and how their positions could change over time.

So basically, she's going backwards.

And the Villian is Bishop! All Storm needs to do is invite Hate-monger, the Red Skull, and her hunting buddy Nemesis and she go to go.

Smh.

Marvel.com: The villain for the first arc is Bishop, who has been going through a rough patch since his days on the X-Men. Does Psylocke see him as someone she needs to stop or as someone she needs to save?

Sam Humphries: That question is going to be largely immaterial as they try to dodge his bullets.

Marvel.com: What about Storm's relationship with Bishop? Reunited and it feels so good?

Sam Humphries: Bishop is the man she remembers, but not the man she remembers. He was abandoned in the year 6300 AD. The dude has been alone, thousands of years in the future. A man goes through a lot of changes trying to get from 6300 AD to the present day. It is going to be an ugly reunion all around.