Author Topic: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).  (Read 522180 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
Also, where did he confirm it? Fb or twitter?

Facebook , Someone asked if this was a Peaceful Close or a small step towards rebuilding it and Jason Aaron Replied:

"Peaceful close. Doesn't mean we won't still see them together. Just not romantically."

Jesus Christ
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:45 pm »
Tilt at the Windmills all you want Storm and the Panther are done. It's a wrap. And I say good. It had become toxic. Seven says they tried to character assassinate T'Challa, listen the X verse writers and editors WROTE him as a wife beater but Marvel editorial and Aaron intervened (which is why I'm giving Aaron a pass on AVX 5) Storm didn't "lie" about him knocking her out  he was supposed to be a wifebeater had the X writers had their way. But not anymore. They are dearly departed and the road has been walked. Don't worry. there will be another woman in the Panther's life soon enough. Hickman is not using Storm, he doesn't want the grief. NONE OF US DO. No more trolls. No more b.s. We love ya 'RO...but ya gots to go.

I think you said it best. Ororo isn't the problem, the X verse writers are. They are...as you said...toxic. To their core. I truly think that Ororo and TChalla are the highest profile, best made for each other, and only power couple of color in all of comics history. I'm serious. I'd like to see other power couples of color, too.

I didn't know anything about TChalla being written as a wifebeater, and Marvel editorial and Aaron intervening. What is this about Storm saying something about TChalla knocking her out? Never heard of it, but that simply goes to show the repulsiveness of the X-Verse writers sans Marvel Editorial and Aaron. Yeah, in light of this new information? I give him a pass for AvX 5 aaannnd that thing where Ororo and TChalla smack the hunter in Wakanda [ how'd that whole conversation go and  how'd it end? Anyone got scans of the whole thing? I want to know but I'm not trying to give those X-Klan...not X-Clan...hatas my money ].

With that said...who's Black Swan? I thought it was a movie...a pretty good one at that...

The X Verse writers have been problematic. Personally I would call them "petty" and "insipid" and more than "racist". They do pander to the lowest. Seven I think summed it up as to the "fight". Storm was recounting getting carried off after getting coldcocked. I'll be honest while it was a bad look I wouldn't call him a "wifebeater" for fighting back against someone trying to fry him.

Okay, I missed this whole "fight" that I suppose happened in AvX. I really wanted to see it, too. Can anyone provide details as to this fight that Storm is referring to? And bottom line...I wouldn't call it a bad look when a weather witch is tossing billion volt lightning bolts with frying intentions at you, and you don't control the weather. Because you know what? TChalla could've just killed her instead of cold cocking her. This dude was chopping off the heads of Super Skrulls with the combined power of Thor, Loki and Beta Ray Bill. Dude handled the Super Skrull with all the h2h skills of all of Marvel's streetfighting and slightly above street level fighters, including Danny Rand's iron Fist, Bullseye's super accuracy, Wolverine's claws. H2h he could literally kill Ororo should he choose.

And since you know the X-dweebs far better than I ever want to? I'll bow to your characterization of them. "Petty," "Insipid" and more than "racist" it is. Or did you meant that in your opinion they're more "petty and insipid" than racist? Either way...I'm willing to capitulate to your superior knowledge of them.

Jesus Christ .Storm and Logan. Jesus Christ.

So. Who's Black Swan? Anybody got a scan? Anybody got a scan of the full fight in Wakanda between TChalla, magneto, Storm, Namor, etc?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:10 pm »
I say "petty" and "insipid" than "racist" because "racist" is like tossing a stink bomb in the room that ends all conversation. Was Bush racist or inept in handling Katrina? Doesn't matter folks still died but talking about the ineptitude gets you somewhere in preventative. But I don't think they are racist just because I don't like some of their work. There probably racist people whose work I do like.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2012, 02:54:03 am »
I say "petty" and "insipid" than "racist" because "racist" is like tossing a stink bomb in the room that ends all conversation. Was Bush racist or inept in handling Katrina? Doesn't matter folks still died but talking about the ineptitude gets you somewhere in preventative. But I don't think they are racist just because I don't like some of their work. There probably racist people whose work I do like.

Both.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2012, 04:34:02 am »
SI said: .

Okay, I missed this whole "fight" that I suppose happened in AvX. I really wanted to see it, too. Can anyone provide details as to this fight that Storm is referring to? And bottom line...I wouldn't call it a bad look when a weather witch is tossing billion volt lightning bolts with frying intentions at you, and you don't control the weather. Because you know what? TChalla could've just killed her instead of cold cocking her. This dude was chopping off the heads of Super Skrulls with the combined power of Thor, Loki and Beta Ray Bill. Dude handled the Super Skrull with all the h2h skills of all of Marvel's streetfighting and slightly above street level fighters, including Danny Rand's iron Fist, Bullseye's super accuracy, Wolverine's claws. H2h he could literally kill Ororo should he choose.

Ha, I've heard a Storm fan who would say that Storm would beat all of them by heerself in H2& combat too.  Realize to some Storm fans, there is nothing he can do that she can't beat.   True, I still think Aaron totally doesn't get Storm's power (How else do you explain Secret Wars?), bu t that story was all around bad.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2012, 06:53:41 am »

Both.

Agreed. Both. They are the tea baggers of the comic world.

And I agree with KIP, they are delusional Storm fans that think she can beat everyone, in everything. This one clown on CBR actually said that Storm was a better strategist, tactician and prep person then T'challa. Lmao.

They also claim, she is on par physically, as in peak human perfect. Lmao....like I said delusional. That's like claiming T'challa can fly and shoot lasers out his eye. He cannot.

And Aaron is writing her. I don't know if he doesn't understand, I just dont  think he views her as all that powerful as she was in the past. Most writers don't seem to think so either. Look at Val owning her or her being knock out cold off panel, over and over.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:02:57 pm by Seven »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2012, 08:46:05 am »
Eh, Valkerie won that fight for two reasons; a) she has thousands of years of battle experience; and b) Storm wasn't really trying.  Val isn't an enemy, so she held back and Val didn't.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2012, 09:21:38 am »
Eh, Valkerie won that fight for two reasons; a) she has thousands of years of battle experience; and b) Storm wasn't really trying.  Val isn't an enemy, so she held back and Val didn't.

You need to explain the others. She's owned over and over off panel as well. In the Avengers by Bendis who is writing her and by other X- writers. Like Hope saving her, which is worst then anything Aaron has wrote, and that was by X-writers. Storm is in a bad place.

Gillen (sp?) even stated that she was not very important in the  X-Perts" interviews. There is a trend.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »

Both.

Cosign the points made by Princesa and Battle
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2012, 09:59:23 am »
Also, where did he confirm it? Fb or twitter?

Facebook , Someone asked if this was a Peaceful Close or a small step towards rebuilding it and Jason Aaron Replied:

"Peaceful close. Doesn't mean we won't still see them together. Just not romantically."

In my opinion, this is just Jason Aaron's opinion about what will or will not happen in HIS run. But he does not have the final say on whether Storm and Black Panther will ever get back together. He 's just one writer working for a bunch of editors that will be gone from the company at some point in the future. To me, the FUTURE is always promising, because as Princesa pointed out a few posts ago, the people currently in charge of the X-books right now won't always be working there.

And this is one of the reasons why I refuse to give up on Storm (as her own character) and her romance with T'Challa, because I believe things can and will get better in the FUTURE for them. Right now? Yeah, the conditions at Marvel are extremely toxic, but I'm mainly fighting for the future here.

And I cannot and will not be satisfied to say "Oh, well, let the Storm fans have this messed-up version of Storm while our man Black Panther is going to new and better places" because I want Storm and Black Panther going to those new, exciting and better places together. I don't like the idea of Storm's character suffering and being limited in the X-universe.

I'm not interested in toxic Storm fans receiving karma and getting what they deserve by having Storm become a notch in X-Males belts, etc....because that to me just further ruins her character. She should be a queen, she should be a goddess, and she should not be limited to being the love fantasy and love thing of every male Caucasian mutant in the Marvel Universe.

And I've already writtern letters to Nick Lowe and I'm definitely going to write more to him and just about everyone in that X-office, not to mention other people with power at Marvel. As a literal investor in the company, I'm going to tell them exactly what is on my mind, and I'm going to let them know that they are running Storm's character into the ground (Seven, you might think they are LITERALLY running Storm into the ground...although I think if they ever killed Storm off, they would have an immediate backlash from the Storm fans who have no problems voicing their opinions to the company).

As I've stated before, the dismissal of the Storm and Black Panther marriage is way bigger than comics...to me this is an overall dismissal of a black marriage (although fictional) when this was the only representation of a black marriage that we had. And that is extremely important to me.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 22, 2012, 11:31:26 am »
Money, no its not.  It's not just Aaron's opinion. Hickman has also said it was over and that it's time to move on. Brevoort seems really disinterested in Storm. He has said the same as well.  Here is the thing, what you are suggesting will be at T'challa expense. It's really time to move on man. Push for Storm to do well, hope they treat her right. Hope they explore new things, show her powers better. That will booster the argument about the marriage, but it's over man.

Storm was kicked out of the Avengers basically. Kicked out. She could have still been a member. But they willingly gave her back. She's a extremely rigid character, with rigid fanbase...and as long as that part of her fanbase is being listened to, she will suffer IMHO.

When Hickman says she is not showing up at all in NA...and he's writing T'challa exclusively for 4 years and maybe after that. It's over.

Axel said T'challa is a candidate for a new book, Storm is not. So keep your head up. We are right.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:32 pm »
I agree with Spider and Seven. It is over? Certainly it is. Now do I EVER see them getting back together? Sure. Ever is a long time. Four-five, seven, shoot, ten years from now someone will come up with a  story arc that revisits them. I see T'Challa as Hickman's Hal Jordan or Aquaman potentially, he'll be in a different sphere. He'll be one of the in demand leading men.  Likely he'll have been with someone we will love him with as much as many did Storm by then. Hopefully so. It could be very likely the fans of the couple may not even want them back by then. A lot of people loved John and Shayera--but they thought Vixen was pretty cool too.

I honestly don't think Hickman or Brevoort want Storm. In some ways I see the Avenger-side of editorial pushing for T'Challa to be single so they can use him unencumbered.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 22, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »
...but I sure don't want to see T'Challa held hostage to that. Let him move forward.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2012, 04:58:03 am »
still up wrapping gifts... how do you wrap a skateboard?

devil's advocate... i joined this forum to learn more about storm & BP. i was gonna publish a unauthorized version of ororo & t'challa. instead, i decided to become a student of the characters/ storyline & history. my focus is not so-much on the past... only the future of the beloved black superheroes. the wakandan legacy is truly legitimate. that's why it means so much to all of us.

anyway, i say all this to say, i plan to remain in an student position & learn. my grievances & fan-insight stretch beyond blogs or forums. i have taken my artistic creativity to convey my own message about our heroes. my artwork of storm & BP is just an extension of my position & opinion. the art is no different than any written post made on this site. in fact, it's exactly the same thing, only in a different format.

before i dive deep into written declarations about the characters, i need to be clear that my thought process has been intentionally developed to think 'outside' the box. making an unauthorized story was my way of blogging. for now, i've haulted on the project to study. i'd rather pay respects for what already has been done before i blindly move forward. i'm not here to sell or promote anything... only to network, be advised & promote alternative ideas for the legacy.

still a newbie... 

APEXABYSS

« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22:49 am »
oh yeah... i did have a post ready to go.

i thought i needed to explain myself. i wouldn't want to offend anyone accidently or on purpose. i haven't read every thread so i may miss a subject that has already been discussed. if so my apologizes.

the following comments are not my words. i support some of the opinions expressed but not all of them.

"here's what they think about you..." --ice cube

here is the source:
http://hellyeahtchoro.tumblr.com

HATE-ED IT!!!”

Marvel never did a spectacular job of proving that these characters needed to be married in the first place, but nor have they done much to suggest the two are better off divorced now. From start to finish, it was a relationship that never received the attention it deserved. - IGN

Fans of the Black Panther and Storm should steer clear of this story, which is not what you want to hear about the stars of a comic. But as a whole, there’s not much more spark than throwing random sets of action figures together. Other installments of AvX: Vs. have managed to pull off some cool fights with quirky combinations — heck, Aaron and Fraction have written plenty of them — but this is worse than a dud. It’s a bomb. - Newsarama

You wanna skip to the part where the Black guy takes a swing at his wife and she tells him he was always a “terrible husband” and she just noticed. Yeah, that’s where you wanna go … if by “go” you mean “drop this comic book and run as rapidly as you can away from it.” - CBR

I’m also glad to see a lot of complaints about the domestic violence that marriage haters are cheering. Watching Storm go off and beat on her husband like she just learned that he had an out-of-wedlock child is absolutely disgusting and should be universally condemned. (Never mind that Storm is nowhere near T’Challa’s level when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.) So before we get chained up like a slave on the auction block Storm, we get Angry Black Bitch Storm. Wonderful.

For the record, T’Challa and Ororo did not get into “a fight,” as the marriage haters have said. T’Challa was attacked by his hoodrat wife. And they say Hudlin wrote Storm out of character?

This really needs to be said.

The Black Panther fanbase is the single most bitchmade fanbase in the history of comics. Now that the marriage is over, these guys are actually sitting around asking, “What’s next?” What’s next? Isn’t it obvious how few f*cks Marvel gives about Black Panther? Hasn’t this complete dressing down of Panther not shown you enough? First they took away his country and his title, and now his wife. Why the hell would you even stick around to find out what’s next? Who GIVES a f*ck? I said years ago that I would not spend a dime on Marvel Comics until they portrayed T’Challa in the right way - as a king and a loving husband - and I am proud to say that I’ve stuck by that. But when you’re a Black Panther fan, it’s pretty easy to have no pride at all.

Mind you, this is the same fanbase that kept its tongue up Jonathan Maberry’s ass after his Black Panther run was so terribly written that I’m still not fully convinced that guy wasn’t a mole. This is the same fan base that cheered for David Liss and T’Challa running around Hell’s Kitchen while his own country was in shambles and at the mercy of his spoiled, inexperienced, dimwitted sister.

I don’t blame the pussyfication of T’Challa on Marvel - I blame it on Black Panther fans. Black Panther fans made so many excuses and sucked so much lily-white dick that they don’t even have the right to be pissed off right now. Miss me with your “we’re going to write Marvel and tell them how we feel” bullsh*t. You HAD that chance during Maberry’s BP run, when Storm was reduced to nothing…during Doomwar, when T’Challa casually threw her away without blinking an eye…during Hell’s Kitchen, when he instructed Storm not to come see him and then got pissed off when she did (and saved his sorry ass yet again). As long as T’Challa is in it, these idiots will gladly fork over their dollars, no matter how badly T’Challa is portrayed, and that’s why Marvel can continue with these bad T’Challa betrayals - I mean, portrayals.

And boy, his portrayal has never been this bad. Storm isn’t kidding when she says that T’Challa was a terrible husband. Even though I knew the breakup was inevitable, I never thought it would be little more than “kick rocks, bitch.” Doesn’t this reek of some leftover Doomwar sh*t? Storm - who had endured so much and sacrificed so much for this to work and saved his ass three times by my count didn’t even get the dignity of calling it off herself. Which is why I guess they had to go back and write in this sh*t.

Speaking of Storm…I couldn’t give less of a f*ck about her anymore. I hadn’t cared about her for quite a while pre-marriage and I sure as hell don’t give a f*ck about her now. I don’t remember who said this, but someone said that Storm’s character has been broken beyond repair - a black character that Marvel has to pretend isn’t black. There’s nothing like f*cking a black man to remind people that you’re black, so how does Marvel fix this? Not only do they break this marriage up for no good goddamn reason whatsoever, they do it to where their entire relationship is beyond repair. I don’t even think these two could bake a cake together at this point. Their marriage is destroyed…their love is destroyed…even their friendship is destroyed…and all because too many so-called fans couldn’t stand a black woman making love to and being married to a black man. And as the product of a black woman and a black man in a black marriage, that is so sad to me.

That’s not to suggest that all of the haters who had a problem with the marriage was racist…but let’s keep it real: most of them were. The wedding and the events leading up to them were questionable - everybody agrees on that - but up until Maberry’s run, T’Challa and Ororo had a fantastic marriage built on mutual respect and trust and genuine admiration and love. They were wonderful together, and people still bitched about it. These are the people who are way too happy that this marriage is over, ignoring the fact that Storm wasn’t being used at all prior to the marriage and will probably be marched right back to the X-Plantation to go back to being the mammy character that those fans know and love. Because that’s the Storm they like. Docile and sexless…unless she’s beating up her black ex, that is. I mean, you really have to give Marvel credit for making an entire issue just to appease the krazy Klan krowd, even if Storm does come off like a third-rate jumpoff on an episode of Love and Hip-Hop: Wakanda.

So what happens to this Tumblr? Mmmdunno. I’ll probably get rid of it - we’re talking about two characters that I can honestly say that I no longer like - but I may keep it around as a reminder of what used to be. *shrug*

Remember, kids: a black woman chained up in a circus setting is much, MUCH more dignified and respectable than f*cking a black man being a queen and the wife of one of the richest, most brilliant men alive. Good thing T’Challa isn’t around to drag down Storm anymore!