Author Topic: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).  (Read 522177 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The sad return O'oroe O'Snooks Thomas (The demise of Ororo Munroe).
« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2012, 08:12:30 am »

Mind you, this is the same fanbase that kept its tongue up Jonathan Maberry’s ass after his Black Panther run was so terribly written that I’m still not fully convinced that guy wasn’t a mole. This is the same fan base that cheered for David Liss and T’Challa running around Hell’s Kitchen while his own country was in shambles and at the mercy of his spoiled, inexperienced, dimwitted sister.
Can we at least have an arc written by Maberry first before we go up and arms? I think what is happening to T'Challa is a good thing and it humbled him. His arrogance and overconfidence got the best of him and he learned the hard way. Now it gives a chance for T'challa to explore this "darkside" and get his revenge. He can't do it as King because it would or could jepordize Wakanda. While everyone is busy getting to know Shuri, T'challa is behind the scenes plotting his payback. What's wrong with that?
This was a post by me and by golly i'll own up to me not seeing it with the "lets see what he is up to"
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »
still up wrapping gifts... how do you wrap a skateboard?

devil's advocate... i joined this forum to learn more about storm & BP. i was gonna publish a unauthorized version of ororo & t'challa. instead, i decided to become a student of the characters/ storyline & history. my focus is not so-much on the past... only the future of the beloved black superheroes. the wakandan legacy is truly legitimate. that's why it means so much to all of us.

anyway, i say all this to say, i plan to remain in an student position & learn. my grievances & fan-insight stretch beyond blogs or forums. i have taken my artistic creativity to convey my own message about our heroes. my artwork of storm & BP is just an extension of my position & opinion. the art is no different than any written post made on this site. in fact, it's exactly the same thing, only in a different format.

before i dive deep into written declarations about the characters, i need to be clear that my thought process has been intentionally developed to think 'outside' the box. making an unauthorized story was my way of blogging. for now, i've haulted on the project to study. i'd rather pay respects for what already has been done before i blindly move forward. i'm not here to sell or promote anything... only to network, be advised & promote alternative ideas for the legacy.

still a newbie... 

OMG YOU ARE DOPE, SON!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »
oh yeah... i did have a post ready to go.

i thought i needed to explain myself. i wouldn't want to offend anyone accidently or on purpose. i haven't read every thread so i may miss a subject that has already been discussed. if so my apologizes.

the following comments are not my words. i support some of the opinions expressed but not all of them.

"here's what they think about you..." --ice cube

here is the source:
http://hellyeahtchoro.tumblr.com

HATE-ED IT!!!”

Marvel never did a spectacular job of proving that these characters needed to be married in the first place, but nor have they done much to suggest the two are better off divorced now. From start to finish, it was a relationship that never received the attention it deserved. - IGN

Fans of the Black Panther and Storm should steer clear of this story, which is not what you want to hear about the stars of a comic. But as a whole, there’s not much more spark than throwing random sets of action figures together. Other installments of AvX: Vs. have managed to pull off some cool fights with quirky combinations — heck, Aaron and Fraction have written plenty of them — but this is worse than a dud. It’s a bomb. - Newsarama

You wanna skip to the part where the Black guy takes a swing at his wife and she tells him he was always a “terrible husband” and she just noticed. Yeah, that’s where you wanna go … if by “go” you mean “drop this comic book and run as rapidly as you can away from it.” - CBR

I’m also glad to see a lot of complaints about the domestic violence that marriage haters are cheering. Watching Storm go off and beat on her husband like she just learned that he had an out-of-wedlock child is absolutely disgusting and should be universally condemned. (Never mind that Storm is nowhere near T’Challa’s level when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.) So before we get chained up like a slave on the auction block Storm, we get Angry Black Bitch Storm. Wonderful.

For the record, T’Challa and Ororo did not get into “a fight,” as the marriage haters have said. T’Challa was attacked by his hoodrat wife. And they say Hudlin wrote Storm out of character?

This really needs to be said.

The Black Panther fanbase is the single most bitchmade fanbase in the history of comics. Now that the marriage is over, these guys are actually sitting around asking, “What’s next?” What’s next? Isn’t it obvious how few f*cks Marvel gives about Black Panther? Hasn’t this complete dressing down of Panther not shown you enough? First they took away his country and his title, and now his wife. Why the hell would you even stick around to find out what’s next? Who GIVES a f*ck? I said years ago that I would not spend a dime on Marvel Comics until they portrayed T’Challa in the right way - as a king and a loving husband - and I am proud to say that I’ve stuck by that. But when you’re a Black Panther fan, it’s pretty easy to have no pride at all.

Mind you, this is the same fanbase that kept its tongue up Jonathan Maberry’s ass after his Black Panther run was so terribly written that I’m still not fully convinced that guy wasn’t a mole. This is the same fan base that cheered for David Liss and T’Challa running around Hell’s Kitchen while his own country was in shambles and at the mercy of his spoiled, inexperienced, dimwitted sister.

I don’t blame the pussyfication of T’Challa on Marvel - I blame it on Black Panther fans. Black Panther fans made so many excuses and sucked so much lily-white dick that they don’t even have the right to be pissed off right now. Miss me with your “we’re going to write Marvel and tell them how we feel” bullsh*t. You HAD that chance during Maberry’s BP run, when Storm was reduced to nothing…during Doomwar, when T’Challa casually threw her away without blinking an eye…during Hell’s Kitchen, when he instructed Storm not to come see him and then got pissed off when she did (and saved his sorry ass yet again). As long as T’Challa is in it, these idiots will gladly fork over their dollars, no matter how badly T’Challa is portrayed, and that’s why Marvel can continue with these bad T’Challa betrayals - I mean, portrayals.

And boy, his portrayal has never been this bad. Storm isn’t kidding when she says that T’Challa was a terrible husband. Even though I knew the breakup was inevitable, I never thought it would be little more than “kick rocks, bitch.” Doesn’t this reek of some leftover Doomwar sh*t? Storm - who had endured so much and sacrificed so much for this to work and saved his ass three times by my count didn’t even get the dignity of calling it off herself. Which is why I guess they had to go back and write in this sh*t.

Speaking of Storm…I couldn’t give less of a f*ck about her anymore. I hadn’t cared about her for quite a while pre-marriage and I sure as hell don’t give a f*ck about her now. I don’t remember who said this, but someone said that Storm’s character has been broken beyond repair - a black character that Marvel has to pretend isn’t black. There’s nothing like f*cking a black man to remind people that you’re black, so how does Marvel fix this? Not only do they break this marriage up for no good goddamn reason whatsoever, they do it to where their entire relationship is beyond repair. I don’t even think these two could bake a cake together at this point. Their marriage is destroyed…their love is destroyed…even their friendship is destroyed…and all because too many so-called fans couldn’t stand a black woman making love to and being married to a black man. And as the product of a black woman and a black man in a black marriage, that is so sad to me.

That’s not to suggest that all of the haters who had a problem with the marriage was racist…but let’s keep it real: most of them were. The wedding and the events leading up to them were questionable - everybody agrees on that - but up until Maberry’s run, T’Challa and Ororo had a fantastic marriage built on mutual respect and trust and genuine admiration and love. They were wonderful together, and people still bitched about it. These are the people who are way too happy that this marriage is over, ignoring the fact that Storm wasn’t being used at all prior to the marriage and will probably be marched right back to the X-Plantation to go back to being the mammy character that those fans know and love. Because that’s the Storm they like. Docile and sexless…unless she’s beating up her black ex, that is. I mean, you really have to give Marvel credit for making an entire issue just to appease the krazy Klan krowd, even if Storm does come off like a third-rate jumpoff on an episode of Love and Hip-Hop: Wakanda.

So what happens to this Tumblr? Mmmdunno. I’ll probably get rid of it - we’re talking about two characters that I can honestly say that I no longer like - but I may keep it around as a reminder of what used to be. *shrug*

Remember, kids: a black woman chained up in a circus setting is much, MUCH more dignified and respectable than f*cking a black man being a queen and the wife of one of the richest, most brilliant men alive. Good thing T’Challa isn’t around to drag down Storm anymore!

I read this blog already and I agree with a helluva lot of it. Even some of the vitriol thrown at us BP fans is understandable. Man, I do get ticked at what they do to BP...but we frankly don't have any other options if we still want BP to be alive. They'd flat out kill that brutha if we didn't keep supporting him. And with him would go any genuine Blackness in Marvel. Real talk.

Unless they get CJP to do Falcon.

And maybe somebody like RH to do Luke Cage. RH's Luke Cage is THEE DOPEST Luke Cage. The Realest. Period.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2012, 03:28:53 pm »

Can we at least have an arc written by Maberry first before we go up and arms? I think what is happening to T'Challa is a good thing and it humbled him. His arrogance and overconfidence got the best of him and he learned the hard way. Now it gives a chance for T'challa to explore this "darkside" and get his revenge. He can't do it as King because it would or could jepordize Wakanda. While everyone is busy getting to know Shuri, T'challa is behind the scenes plotting his payback. What's wrong with that?
This was a post by me and by golly i'll own up to me not seeing it with the "lets see what he is up to"

I was in the same boat with you, bruh. but you know what? We got okey-doked by some Editorial decisions that NOBODY saw coming. Maberry haters are just haters...not accurate prognosticators.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »
What is AX-X3? what's this talk about Storm jealously blasting rivals into zero?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »

I was in the same boat with you, bruh. but you know what? We got okey-doked by some Editorial decisions that NOBODY saw coming. Maberry haters are just haters...not accurate prognosticators.

I agree. The problem wasn't Marberry. Yes, Doomwar was a let down. But real talk, it was a mini, that had ZERO impact on MU meta plot. The issue was the aftermath and the lack of direction. Maberry had plans, but Marvel had other plans. I liked Liss run a lot and like Liss even more as a person and writer. He was a cool dude, and he's a big part of what is going on now...that's how Marvel became aware of how pissed BP fans were.

I' m not opposed to deconstruction. Good characters are deconstructed. But good stories also reconstruct the character afterward. Marvel has this funny thing were they don't seem to do that with T'challa. At the same time they are upgrading characters left and right...

I'm glad someone finally go the picture (Hickman).

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »
What is AX-X3? what's this talk about Storm jealously blasting rivals into zero?

You will have to read the issue. Lol. Opinions differ on the portrayal.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
I read this blog already and I agree with a helluva lot of it. Even some of the vitriol thrown at us BP fans is understandable. Man, I do get ticked at what they do to BP...but we frankly don't have any other options if we still want BP to be alive. They'd flat out kill that brutha if we didn't keep supporting him. And with him would go any genuine Blackness in Marvel. Real talk.

And maybe somebody like RH to do Luke Cage. RH's Luke Cage is THEE DOPEST Luke Cage. The Realest. Period.
OMG YOU ARE DOPE, SON!!

thanks, nothing but respect, bredren.
right-on, storm & "supa cat" (BP) have been one of my projects. sketch designs are jus the tip-of-the-iceberg. realtalk. 

yeah, i read it a few times before i posted it. f'ck it.
you can't agree with all of it. some statements were too sensationalized but the image with storm in chains... lord have mercy!

cage & maybe iron fist on some "rush hour" sh*t?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 30, 2012, 08:31:48 pm »
Do you miss the X-boards? BTW is Iron Man's new suit secretly Danger?

KieronGillen
I do a bit. Occasionally I pop in to see what this week's genuinely mental thread title is.

(This week: " Gentle: the last X-Virgin?")

And if Danger was, would I admit it?

These guys read the X-boards...so Pandering to them is second nature.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2012, 10:58:46 pm »

You will have to read the issue. Lol. Opinions differ on the portrayal.

But what is the issue? What's it called?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2013, 10:04:01 am »

Here's hope! Only thing is this guy killed Synch, which I will never forgive. I'm not to Keen on Uncanny X- force and Justin Biermer comparisons that Sam Humpries was making. But with Copliel this book it will have some great art. I hope Storm ends up here...he wrote her really good.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »

OMG YOU ARE DOPE, SON!!

thanks, nothing but respect, bredren.
right-on, storm & "supa cat" (BP) have been one of my projects. sketch designs are jus the tip-of-the-iceberg. realtalk. 

yeah, i read it a few times before i posted it. f'ck it.
you can't agree with all of it. some statements were too sensationalized but the image with storm in chains... lord have mercy!

cage & maybe iron fist on some "rush hour" sh*t?

cage, iron fist. yeah that could work. So could Cage Kasper Cole Josiah X and Falcon. Blackwatch, X-Clan cum Marvel style. FOUR THE HARD WAY, riffin off RH and Jim Kelly and nem back in the blaxploitation days.  Lololol. Or Cage, Kasper, Josiah, Falcon, Hellcat, Tigra, Colleen Wing and the blue eyed girl, daughter of Orson Randall the Iron Fist before Daniel Rand.

And in a all martial arts slang em up? Iron Fist and Shang-Chi, just wrecking bad guys.

Elektra and Psylocke?

X-23 and Taskmaster, sent to smash some BGs?

Josiah X and Echo?

Triathlon and Sunfire?

Battlestar and Dagger?

Tarantula [ male ] and White Tiger, the first all Latino crew?

Or Miles-Spiderman and White Tiger, the first interracial Latino crew?

White Tiger, Tarantula [ female Latina, used to be part of Heroes for Hire ] and Echo, the first all Latina crew smashin heads?

All female interracial martial artists smashin heads? Sexy image, that. Elektra, blue eyed girl from K'un Lun, Colleen Wing, Psylocke or some street level version of Mantis, and that sistah who whooped on Elektra and for a short time became her sensei in Elektra's short lived series...what was her name? Drake? She was looking way too much like a dude...pretty her up. A lot. But omg she was dope.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:32:52 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »
Well' Marvel is going to have two all female books possibly. They have all white, all Asian (big hero 6) and Uncanny Avengers has onemminority (Sunfire).

It's about time for a team that has some black males, some Latino males or something.

Even though Avengers has possibly five black members (Falcon, Manifold, Sunspot, Captain Universe [a female] and possibly Nightmask from New Universal) and T'challa headlining New Avengers.

Fearless Defenders is kinda a team up book between Val and Misty Knight. Honestly, I don't thnk its going to last unless they add some more characters.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:19:21 pm by Seven »