Author Topic: The YouTube thread: gems and garbage  (Read 160321 times)

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
Re: The YouTube thread: gems and garbage
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 04:46:49 am »
AWWWWW MANNNNNNN!

who can remember this classic GEM?  My uncle has this album (RIP uncle) and this is awesome.  yeah, I was a shorty when the show came out but I did not missed it.  Ol skool lovers stand up and shout.  New jacks better recognize

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 08:22:45 am »
AWWWWW MANNNNNNN!

who can remember this classic GEM?  My uncle has this album (RIP uncle) and this is awesome.  yeah, I was a shorty when the show came out but I did not missed it.  Ol skool lovers stand up and shout.  New jacks better recognize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9jPShp9x8

Sweet Jesus this was nice. Was this from their summer variety show on CBS? 

Watching this makes me remember that Michael has been lip syncing on TV most of his life.  But still a great performer even when not live.

And this jam...that's a really underrated era in their history.

The last time they were regular brothas.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 09:03:45 am »
AWWWWW MANNNNNNN!

absolutely and totally missed this joint,didn't even know the SONG until I saw this video,for real.I remember many a Jackson performance,I vaguely remember their TV special...and I concur with RH on this as well...this was amongst the last time (if not THE LAST TIME) that they were together as "regular" brothas,ya feel me? And yeah,it was painfully obvious to me that they were lip-synching,lol...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 01:48:35 pm »
AWWWWW MANNNNNNN!

Sweet Jesus this was nice. Was this from their summer variety show on CBS? 

Watching this makes me remember that Michael has been lip syncing on TV most of his life.  But still a great performer even when not live.

And this jam...that's a really underrated era in their history.

The last time they were regular brothas.
AWWWWW MANNNNNNN!

absolutely and totally missed this joint,didn't even know the SONG until I saw this video,for real.I remember many a Jackson performance,I vaguely remember their TV special...and I concur with RH on this as well...this was amongst the last time (if not THE LAST TIME) that they were together as "regular" brothas,ya feel me? And yeah,it was painfully obvious to me that they were lip-synching,lol...

this was from their variety show on CBS.  this song is a classic jam that make you feel good all over, no doubt!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 03:57:27 am »
The Rapping Song
from spoof science series Look Around You.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 06:00:07 am »
I miss Arsenio Hall.

this is a classic gem.  I could not decide if THIS should be under feel the funk or here.....BUT get ready to turn up your volume and bop your head to the beat.  this is RAW and they did not hold back on the lyrics.  Listen well cuz they ripped it and KRS had the coldest part

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:02:54 am by zulu801 »

Jenn

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 07:56:08 am »
Ooooh, I miss the old Janet. Not this Baby Jane imposter running around now, but the OLD, dope Janet. I'll never forget the night this came on SNL. Heather Locklear was hosting and I was in Catholic school (calm DOWN, I was in the 6th grade!) My mother was HORRIFIED. She took my Janet tape and listened to it all the way through, then said I could never listen to her music again...cut to eight years later and this is in the small of my back.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 03:16:57 pm »
janet was partyin' on stage.  The group routine was classic JJ, no doubt.  janet just wanted to party on stage jackin* her body to the beats.  Hell,  I still have a one, two step (party moves) in me.  and that clip made my body just start "jackin* to the beat"  (*chi-town phrase for partyin)

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:58 pm »
Jin. One of the best freestyle/battle rappers I've ever heard (BET 106th & Park
Freestyle Friday Hall of Famer).

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 09:09:49 pm »
Criss Angel. A real-life superhuman, pretending to be a regular magician.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 03:28:48 pm »
Can you believe her lil young ass?

I'm not that young y'know. In fact I'll be 18 in 6 hrs. 

Taking it back to the year of my birth - the EIGHT DEUCE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwTTGnDcwoA

Good G-d, no comments.  :o
...Rassclaat.

michaelintp

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 08:04:50 pm »
Here is a "trailer" for Apocalypto done by SNL from youtube.  Sorry guys, no dancin' and no sex in the Champaign Room ... but it is pretty dang funny ...   

(I posted this on the Apacalypto thread in the movies section but that discussion got so involved with a discussion of Mel Gibson that, er ... I thought I would post this here as well ... I was cracking up when I saw it ... particularly the very last subtitle).

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 08:33:09 pm »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iu2eSzOZQrA

Jin got that azz tore out on Fight Klub by Serius Jones

The Rapping Song from spoof science series Look Around You.

And WS, WTF is this?  "I'm rapping, I'm rapping, I'm rap-rap-rapping"  Hilarious!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 08:35:01 pm by Mr.Wright »

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 07:20:20 pm »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iu2eSzOZQrA

Jin got that azz tore out on Fight Klub by Serius Jones

Considering that the battle went into a "sudden death" round, because the judges
originally scored it even, I'd hardly call it getting "tore out." He lost. It happens.
And it wasn't the first time he's lost a battle. But his score of wins vs losses is
overwhelmingly in favor of wins.

And let's not forget what happened a month after that Fight Klub battle:

http://www.allhiphop.com/Hiphopnews/?ID=4892

Rapper Jin won a $50,000 purse at the Fight Klub battle in the Bahamas on Saturday (Sept. 1) and effectively reclaimed his throne after suffering a high-profile loss in August at an AllHipHop.com sponsored rap battle.

Jin won the money after lyricists Professor Green of the UK, AX of the Bronx and Serius Jones all battled for the $50,000 prize.

In the first round, Green bested AX after the pair traded barbed verses towards each other.

Through his rhymes, Green gained advantage over the Bronx native by referring to his skin complexion and eventually won with raps like, "I'm an OutKast, and your girl gave me 'the love the below.'"

Professor Green then battled Serius Jones, the New Jersey native that defeated Jin for $10,000 at the August Fight Klub that was a part of AllHipHop Week 2005.

At the AllHipHop event, Serius eliminated UK rapper 2Much and utilized a similar approach saying quips such as "I'll eat you like an English muffin."

However, the British rapper was able to accumulate a number of jabs against Serius.

"Serius Jones, Serious no/ I was with ya mom and she's a serious hoe," said Green firing back.

Green eventually won the judges and the crowd over as they exclaimed, "UK, UK, UK."

Only Jin stood between Professor Green and the $50,000 prize.

Instead of the coin toss, Jin opted to rap first and immediately referred to his loss and established that he was there to take the money.

"I took an 'L' a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't that 'Serius'...You couldn't take the 50 home if you was Vivica Fox," Jin said from the stage.

With rappers like Smitty, Webbie and Cory Gunz in the audience watching, Green responded with rhymes that referred to Jin's album The Rest Is History by saying, "he needs the 50 G's to recoup for his video."

Eventually, Green began to stammer and the crowd expressed their displeasure by throwing hotel towels on the stage and booing thunderously.

Jin was pronounced the winner.

But the rapper wanted to settle an old score with Serius Jones from the AllHipHop Fight Klub in New York, where he lost in a mortifying manner.

Jin offered $10,000 of his winnings to Serius Jones for a rematch in which the crowd would play as judge.

Although host International P. stated that Serius was coming to the stage, he never appeared after over five minutes of waiting.

'nuff said.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 09:26:28 pm »
Considering that the battle went into a "sudden death" round, because the judges
originally scored it even, I'd hardly call it getting "tore out." He lost. It happens.

Oh, I give him props -- he can definitely battle but in THAT comp, in terms of Punch Lines, he just didn't have it that day and Serious ran him through, f**k what the judges say.  He was stammering and looking around for stuff to use and came up empty.  As far as his albums, I haven't heard anything from him worth pumping so it seems battling is really all he's good for. :-\