Author Topic: The Future of Black Panther and Storm?  (Read 38259 times)

Jenn

Re: The Future of Black Panther and Storm?
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:28 am »
*resisting the urge to point and laugh at the HEFfa in denial*

Offline mariah

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 11:22:34 am »
What the hell's a heffa?

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 11:23:15 am »
Um...I'm just saying it sounds like we're all saying the same thing, just coming at it from different angles. And seriously, I want that holiday to happen.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Jenn

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 11:27:44 am »
Seconded. America may want people to forget their differences, but I'll never let that sh*t happen. No one is going to strip my black identity away from me, and if that makes white people uncomfortable and wannabes afraid, f*ck 'em.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 12:29:51 pm »
What the hell's a heffa?
HEF = Hudlin Entertainment Forum
HEFFA = member of HEF  (i.e. all of us)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 01:01:35 pm »
I've always had problems with the phrase "color blind" when it comes to race and interracial relationship. I get the idea, but the wording seems to suggest that there's something wrong with whatever race you're talking about or dating, you're just being "blind" to it to enjoy that person. I think you SHOULD see race, just don't see it as something bad or awful. its a part of who you are or who the person is, so why pretend you don't see it? Just put it all into perspective. Every race has good and bad in their history, its nothing to be proud or ashamed of, it simply is and should be accepted. Just saying.

When young-minded people get into interracial relationships, color is EXACTLY what being seen in many cases.

Either your a dude (White or Black) with an Asian fetish.

Or a Sister who had bad experiences with the Brothers and wants something else or Vice Versa.

Or a Latina whose tired of her men playing her or vice versa.

Many I.R. relationship are ALL ABOUT seeing color, seeing your own color and running in the other direction. 

When folks are comfortable in their own skin and have the damn sense to not lump THEIR OWN KIND in a category because of a couple of bad experiences, there might be some more honesty involved.

But I'm a cycnic who lives in New York and I freely admit I've an axe to grind ;D.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:49 pm »
i have NO probs with Interracial relationships.
I CAN admit that I didn't really kick it with this one white chick who was REAAAAAAALLY feelin' becuz of family reasons..which is kinda silly since my aunt married a white dude.
oh well... maybe i didnt want the sistahs to think that i was leavin' them... but there were sooooo many women at UGA... ;)

i'm sorry...what was the question again.
i had some flashbacks.
 8)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Jenn

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 01:39:27 pm »
Like I said, ain't nobody here said a damn thing about interracial relationships being wrong.  ::) And I fully support a woman's right to choose any color mate that she chooses, as long as MY right to choose a BLACK man as my mate is equally respected.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 01:40:55 pm »
And so another thread hijack begins....

:D

Jenn

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 01:43:13 pm »
Sorry! Back to the royal family of Wakanda!

lovecrafty

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 02:23:03 pm »
Being Black with very strong African and Latin cultural roots and also being a lifelong adherent of the martial arts,I tried to purchase this mini,but my local comics shop kept telling me that they were sold out.I asked if they were getting more,but they told me that they probably weren't becasue the series isn't selling well and that the story is lame.That's a quote."The story is lame."

You need to find a better LCS!!!  My LCS would never pull that sort of nonsense on me, if I said I wanted an issue that was sold out but still available, I'd get it.  And seriously, what kind of moron logic is that guy using?  It sold out completely, therefore it's not selling well?  Uh, something does not compute.  1 + 1 = 0?  That guy is full of something.

Is the story lame?

Not at all!  It's excellent.  It's not particularly original -- it's basically Daredevil Redux, but considering all that has happened to Daredevil in the last five years (Out, The Murdock Papers, and Devil In Cell Block D in particular), it's kind of impossible to tell traditional Daredevil type stories, the story of one person's war on crime.  So White Tiger fills a niche that Daredevil can no longer fill, and is a vehicle for telling stories that can't be told in Daredevil.  It's a story about a green street-crimefighter learning the ropes of crime-fighting, and it's good.  That it's being written by a woman also brings a lot of fresh perspective to the story.  White Tiger questions a lot of traditional presumptions about crime-fighting, and doesn't come off like some female crime-fighters do, as a man-with-boobs.

Also a new Cobra has been introduced (the original's nephew), and he's cool and menacing.

There are a few problems with the series.  In the first issue there is an appearance by Spider-Man that is totally inexplicable.  It's a bit jarring, he just shows up at random in a place it makes no sense for him to show up at.  And the conceit that Danny Rand is an "uncle"-like figure to Del Toro is a bit implausible.  I mean, maybe if they had let Danny Rand age a bit since he was introduced in the seventies that would make sense, but given the conciet of Marvel Time, you end up with a twenty-something Danny Rand remembering when the twenty-something Angela Del Toro was a kid.  Um.  Doesn't quite work.  But I don't think they are presenting Danny as a love-interest, just a mystery that Del Toro is trying to solve.  Given the nature of comics, I wouldn't expect a successfull, happy relationship for Del Toro for quite some time.  I mean, it's a staple of the genre that heroes always have to choose between the soft happiness of relationship and their moral duty as superheroes.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 02:30:45 pm »
Being Black with very strong African and Latin cultural roots and also being a lifelong adherent of the martial arts,I tried to purchase this mini,but my local comics shop kept telling me that they were sold out.I asked if they were getting more,but they told me that they probably weren't becasue the series isn't selling well and that the story is lame.That's a quote."The story is lame."

You need to find a better LCS!!! My LCS would never pull that sort of nonsense on me, if I said I wanted an issue that was sold out but still available, I'd get it. And seriously, what kind of moron logic is that guy using? It sold out completely, therefore it's not selling well? Uh, something does not compute. 1 + 1 = 0? That guy is full of something.

Is the story lame?

Not at all! It's excellent. It's not particularly original -- it's basically Daredevil Redux, but considering all that has happened to Daredevil in the last five years (Out, The Murdock Papers, and Devil In Cell Block D in particular), it's kind of impossible to tell traditional Daredevil type stories, the story of one person's war on crime. So White Tiger fills a niche that Daredevil can no longer fill, and is a vehicle for telling stories that can't be told in Daredevil. It's a story about a green street-crimefighter learning the ropes of crime-fighting, and it's good. That it's being written by a woman also brings a lot of fresh perspective to the story. White Tiger questions a lot of traditional presumptions about crime-fighting, and doesn't come off like some female crime-fighters do, as a man-with-boobs.

Also a new Cobra has been introduced (the original's nephew), and he's cool and menacing.

There are a few problems with the series. In the first issue there is an appearance by Spider-Man that is totally inexplicable. It's a bit jarring, he just shows up at random in a place it makes no sense for him to show up at. And the conceit that Danny Rand is an "uncle"-like figure to Del Toro is a bit implausible. I mean, maybe if they had let Danny Rand age a bit since he was introduced in the seventies that would make sense, but given the conciet of Marvel Time, you end up with a twenty-something Danny Rand remembering when the twenty-something Angela Del Toro was a kid. Um. Doesn't quite work. But I don't think they are presenting Danny as a love-interest, just a mystery that Del Toro is trying to solve. Given the nature of comics, I wouldn't expect a successfull, happy relationship for Del Toro for quite some time. I mean, it's a staple of the genre that heroes always have to choose between the soft happiness of relationship and their moral duty as superheroes.

good lookin out lovecrafty,I appreciate the concise summary and criticism.I'm going to avail myself of back copies forthwith...and whassup with that IMMORTAL IRON FIST thingy? Anybody read it yet?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 02:33:54 pm »
issue 1 of immortal iron fist was GOOD!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

lovecrafty

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 03:37:09 pm »
issue 1 of immortal iron fist was GOOD!

It really was.  Far, far better than the last Iron Fist mini, which was total crap.  The art is kind of lackluster though.  Better than that cheesey quasi-manga garbage the last one had, but I'd still like to see a cleaner artist on the series.

Back to the topic:  In another thread, I suggested a Black Panther: The End that would reveal that T'Challa eventually transcends and becomes the Panther God, freed from the constraints of time, and becomes the sources of wisdom that has guided Wakanda from the beginning.  Of course, that idea doesn't really account for Storm (maybe they merge?).  Since is a thread about the future of Black Panther and Storm, how would you guys want to see Black Panther: The End play out?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 05:45:17 pm »
I think that BP becoming the Panther God or an avatar thereof would be quite plausible.One of our brilliant HEFfers..Wise,or Curtis or Vic or somebody,sorry I don't recall whom it was...pointed out that there was some linkage between THE PANTHER GOD and BAST back in the day,and BAST had some linkage with or maybe was the Goddess that Storm's line are linked to.So,that means that BP and STORM could have been divinely paired by their gods,whom are the male and female aspects of the same entity...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw