Author Topic: CW's "ARROW"  (Read 13347 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: CW's "ARROW"
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2019, 02:04:13 am »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2019, 12:03:27 pm »
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/crisis-on-infinite-earths-cw-crossover-behind-scenes-interview-920570/

fascinating that out of all of DC's canon, Green Arrow ended up being the anchor of it's TV universe.  I'm thinking most in comic fandom would have not submitted his name first, 10+ years ago.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2019, 02:52:43 pm »
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/crisis-on-infinite-earths-cw-crossover-behind-scenes-interview-920570/

fascinating that out of all of DC's canon, Green Arrow ended up being the anchor of it's TV universe.  I'm thinking most in comic fandom would have not submitted his name first, 10+ years ago.

Being a Batman knockoff helped Green Arrow by having him be a stand-in for Batman on Smallville, and also allowing him to star on Arrow and be the heart of the Arrowverse. I'm glad for it because WB/DC has been way more willing to let Green Arrow be used than Batman. And so far, up until Gotham and Batwoman I suppose, Arrow was the closest show we had to getting another Batman show. The downsides of that were I felt they took away some of Oliver Queen's personality. I think he finally ate/made chili like in Season 6 or 7. They also didn't do a good job attempting to turn Count Vertigo into the Arrowverse Heath Ledger-like Joker either. Gotham did much better with their take on Joker.