Author Topic: Oprah at a Crossroads  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Oprah at a Crossroads
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:55 am »
Nah.

Oprah actually did something to improve other peoples lives that actually seems to work and is effective(thought not without bumps) when she frankly didn't have to do jack.

So what if it benefits folks in Africa rather than America? The "We've got it bad over here too" argument only goes so far.

Nobody here is trying to live in South Africa. 

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 07:25:24 am »
I have to SMH at us. We complain when we are mocked. We complain when we don't have. We complain complain, complain. The people who can help and are willing to help are frowned upon. And yes if we did set them(computers) next to some Jordons or some weave hair there maybe an interest. Of course I am being facetious I do get frustrated sometime. I see pictures all over the mags, news etc about Jaye_Z and Beyonce on their yacht, or Obama took too much vacation. I hear nothing of the children and families still without power in cold ass New York and New Jersey. And I know that kind of stuff doesn't sell but this world needs to know that mean and ugly things are not going to prevail I do not care how much it sells or doesn't. :-[ I am sure Oprah tried here first. It is such a shame that some still have the same mentality I found in the movie Django. Still SMH. ::)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 10:49:42 am »
Nah.

Oprah actually did something to improve other peoples lives that actually seems to work and is effective(thought not without bumps) when she frankly didn't have to do jack.

So what if it benefits folks in Africa rather than America? The "We've got it bad over here too" argument only goes so far.

Nah, what?

Oprah is a proxy for millionaires and billionaires that seek to privatize education for their own profit. Any endeavor that she engages in is one that supports that agenda. Her comments about "Sneakers and Ipods" is the type of self-hating idiocy that these high powered house niggers use to get people to go against their self-interest.

Oprah can spend her money however and whenever she wants but don't expect everyone to fall for the Saint Oprah trash.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:55 pm »
Nah.

Nah, what?

Oprah is a proxy for millionaires and billionaires that seek to privatize education for their own profit. Any endeavor that she engages in is one that supports that agenda. Her comments about "Sneakers and Ipods" is the type of self-hating idiocy that these high powered house niggers use to get people to go against their self-interest.

Oprah can spend her money however and whenever she wants but don't expect everyone to fall for the Saint Oprah trash.

Wanting to do an end run around the American educational system and everything that goes with it doesn't necessarily make you a house nigger. If anything it only means you are sane.

I'd have more sympathy for the say, Teacher Unions if I'd didn't know as a practical fact how many f*ck ups they are shielding from termination as a matter of course. As it is over here they are the New York Union that's used to make the other New York Unions look bad (and I'm including the Housing Overtime crooks and Sinitations featherbedders in that). 

And unlike the much commented on Mr. Canida, Oprah's kids actually graduated and are going to schools like Wellsley. So she's got results on her side.

Which is should be the bottom line but weirdly never is. 

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 02:34:07 pm »
Nah.

Nah, what?

Wanting to do an end run around the American educational system and everything that goes with it doesn't necessarily make you a house nigger. If anything it only means you are sane.

I'd have more sympathy for the say, Teacher Unions if I'd didn't know as a practical fact how many f*ck ups they are shielding from termination as a matter of course. As it is over here they are the New York Union that's used to make the other New York Unions look bad (and I'm including the Housing Overtime crooks and Sinitations featherbedders in that). 

And unlike the much commented on Mr. Canida, Oprah's kids actually graduated and are going to schools like Wellsley. So she's got results on her side.

Which is should be the bottom line but weirdly never is.

Your missing the point, or should I say points.

First, Oprah built her brand in a city with an abysmal record on Public education. Oprah's response, she reduces the cause of this urban disaster to a fascination with rap, sneakers and hoop dreams among Black youth. This isn't my assesment of her approach, this is what she actually presented on her talk show. Simultaneously, she backs the failed policies of Eli Broad and Bill Gates in terms of education reform where again, the disaster can be seen in Chicago in the form of Arne Duncan's renassaince  2000.

She doesn't want to invest her money into the school system in the city that made her famous but she has no trouble investing criticism to those on the bottom. You call it sanity, I call it neo-housenigger.

To the teachers union. There are over a 100,000 teachers in New York state, how many of those teachers were hired by the UFT? The answer would be none. Unions don't hire teachers. Unions don't grant tenure. And unlike what saint Oprah said on her show, tenure does NOT mean a "Job for life". The UFT, specifically the NY branch is the only union that actively campaigns against its membership. Research the following, 2005 contract, ATR agreement, Weingarten supports Gates, and VAM.

If you still think the NY branch of the UFT is the mighty advocate of teachers, both qualified and unqualified after reading the aforementioned topics, I don't know what to say.

Results. I'll tell you what; I'm a fair man so I will ask for only a third of what Oprah put into her school. That would mean I receive a 100 million dollars to start a school. In addition, just like Oprah I get to screen all of the applicants to the Sergeant visionaries academy. Of course I also get to dismiss any and all students whenever I wish as well.

You give me or any individual with a modicum of intelligence and connections all of the aforementioned advantages and they will get results too.

In the Sergeant Hood academy with all of the public school regulations the following happens. ANYONE with proof of address is accepted, period. That means special education students, ELL students, students with behavioral problems, even students that are 19 or 20yrs old. Did I mention the budget will be significantly less and shrinking given anti-teacher reforms pushed by ..wait for it , Eli Broad and Bill Gates?

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »

If anyone wants the opportunity to build an academy that meets the ideals we share on this site, please contact me immediately.  I have the following opportunities available for K-16 students.

Oxbridge Academic Programs
http://www.oxbridgeprograms.com/index.php

Ivy Learning
http://www.ivylearning.org/

Court Street School
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Court-Street-School/304984968746

If you're not interested in NYC-area programs, we can also develop similar initiatives in your area.
Metro
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56:59 am »
Nice Metro! It is so important to share our knowledge, wealth and opportunities. Thanks  ;D

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:32 am »
Nice Metro! It is so important to share our knowledge, wealth and opportunities. Thanks  ;D

My pleasure.  I'm blessed enough that I can give back to the world community every day.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor