Author Topic: Life of Pi  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Life of Pi
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:24:42 am »
Loved it.  Visually stunning.
Pretty dead-on with the book.
I recommend it!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Life of Pi
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:56:56 am »
The ads on television compares Life of Pi  to Avatar but I think John Carter, the prequel Star Wars movies and that other movie with the CG lion coming out of a mirror should also be included in that group.

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »
Just saw it. The issues raised in the film were fascinating. Regarding spirituality, belief in God, how we choose to perceive reality, what we are most comfortable with, and how many of us meaninglessly distract ourselves as part of a throng.

Uses a lot of symbolism.

The whole thing, the message, came together in the final half hour, which was very cool.

Leaving us with the question, "Which do we prefer?"

I won't say more as I don't wanna ruin it for anyone. 

The way you interpret the end may say more about you and your world/spiritual view than anything objectively revealed in the plot itself.  That's what I've found, from my discussions with friends.  Which is itself interesting.

If you plan on seeing this movie "someday" ... I urge you to see it in 3D while it is still in theaters (if you can still find it).
The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline alviataylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »
It was undoubtedly one of the best movies last year and won many Oscars Awards fairly,
Bollywood Videos

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:30 am »
Finally saw it!  So glad I caught it in theaters in 3D.

I didn't expect to be that entertained BEFORE anyone gets on the boat.  The exploration of childhood challenges (teasing, young love, spiritual exploration and flirtations with danger) were so well done.  And of course the lyricism of the visuals while lost in the ocean is awe inspiring.