Author Topic: Is It A Crime To Be Skinny?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Is It A Crime To Be Skinny?
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:48:52 am »
Is It A Crime To Be Skinny?
By Rose Garcia on August 14, 2012

Have you heard that a Canadian gym wrongly bans skinny people because they ‘bring down morale’ of their clients? Although this question can make you raise your eyebrows, the fact is, it is really happening. The Body Exchange, which is the latest body building gym, is the one who does the banning of skinny people, as they think it can bring down the spirit of their overweight clients. At the first glance, you will agree with the owner of the gym, but as you start to ponder the possible reasons, you will also start questioning the logic of the skinny people banning.

Most people will feel that the gym above is racist and is practicing discrimination to skinny people. Why would this gym ban the skinny people inside their premises? There is nothing wrong on being thin and having a waistline that most women would like to have. In fact, these skinny people are admired and are used as role model of the people who also want to be skinny or thin. So, at the view of the ordinary people, the banning that Body Exchange made is simply outrageous and is out of the line.

However, the owner of the gym and CEO, Louise Green has a prepared explanation behind the decision. When asked if the decision is being rude in skinny people, she simply reiterated that the gym is just protecting the interest and welfare of their clients. Every time the gym’s member see a person whose size is 3x less than his weight, it will be noticed that the morale of the fat member diminish and make him think that it is impossible for him to achieve that weight. This situation is one of the reasons why banning to the skinny people has to be made.

After getting the sides of the gym, it is now up to you to make your final assessment for this matter.
http://www.newweightlosstricks.com/is-it-a-crime-to-be-skinny/?fb_action_ids=4098053726958&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Skinny?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
It's wrong to ban anyone but I don't know if I have a problem with them marketing to the less than skinny.  Reminds me of Curves, which is supposed to be a gym for women.  I found this quote at livestrong.com: "The vast majority of Curves centers do not allow men to workout in their facilities. This protects the marketing principles and purpose of the brand, which is strictly marketed toward women. Still, you may find some franchises that are open to men working out, especially at designated times when women aren't frequenting the gym."  It seems like this gym is trying for a similar model though I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Anyone know the laws on this kinda stuff?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Skinny?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »
Don't know the laws, but I can't boo hoo about the svelte having one place where they are not favored.