Author Topic: Star Wars TV Series  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Star Wars TV Series
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
ABC Eyes Star Wars TV Series
Source: EW January 10, 2013

It's been some time since there was last an update on the proposed live-action "Star Wars" television series. Today, EW reports that, with the property now owned by Walt Disney, ABC has a tentative interest in bringing a galaxy far, far away to the small screen.

“We’d love to do something with Lucasfilm," ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told the outlet. "We’re not sure what yet... We haven’t even sat down with them. We’re going to look at [the live-action series], we’re going to look at all of them, and see what’s right. We weren’t able to discuss this with them until [the acquisition] closed and it just closed. It’s definitely going to be part of the conversation.”

ABC is already hard at work bringing a major film franchise to television in the form of "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." Lee says that, while "Star Wars" plans are currently nascent, he could imagine the series going a similar route.

“It’s going to be very much up to the Lucasfilm brands how they want to play it,” he adds. “We got to a point here with Marvel, a very special point, where we’re in the Marvel universe, and very relevantly so, but we’re not doing 'The Avengers'. But S.H.I.E.L.D. is part of 'The Avengers'. So maybe something oblique is the way to [approach the Star Wars universe] rather than going straight head-on at it.”

Earlier plans for the "Star Wars" were postponed due to budgetary concerns. It remains to be seen as to how that same issue might affect new plans, but check back for updates as they become available.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Star Wars TV Series
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »
TNT was supposed to have dibs on a live actions Knights of the Old REpublic show.
This was all of the rage when they started off with Clone Wars: The Series on CN & TNT.  I guess it wasn't a good fit for TNT so they stopped getting the rebroadcasts.
I doubt it's cheaper to make a Star Wars show now, or is it?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:02 am »
wow, neat.. I wonder if/when production on something like this would get going.. sounds like lots of jobs...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:20:21 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:48 am »
wow, neat.. I wonder if/when production on something like this would get going.. sounds like lots of jobs...

I hope it begins. I really want a Knights tv series.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!