Author Topic: Why you NEVER trade words with a student  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Why you NEVER trade words with a student
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »
Just had a similar situation today with not one, but TWO middle school boys. Thank goodness I'm at the age where my brain moves a leeeeeeetle faster than my tongue, because that was about two cutting remarks away from a full-scale "incident."

A teacher has to learn to diffuse and disengage when s/he sees things headed in this direction. My heart bleeds for this poor teacher. Honestly, I've worked in grades K-12 - including alternative school - and nothing is worse than middle school.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2013/02/08/arundel-middle-teacher-screams-at-student-in-facebook-video/

Arundel Middle School Teacher Loses it
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Why you NEVER trade words with a student
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »
I'm wondering how this got on the interwebs to begin with.

Since everybody has a camera these days, God forbid you as a teacher lose it with a kid in public.

The students will be more than happy to document it.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:31 am »
The teacher wasted too much instructional time with that confrontation. Ignore the obviously belligerent student and continue to teach.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:20:47 am »
The racial dynamic surrounding this will be very interesting. Inavariably, whenever a student of color gets into a confrontation with a White teacher the sense of outrage towards the student is pronounced.