Author Topic: My Last Soda  (Read 13090 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
My Last Soda
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:10:32 pm »
As of April 1 (and not a joke) I've had my last soda.  Wish me luck!!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Re: My Last Soda
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »
You're awesome, Marv.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:24:50 pm »
Congrats!!!!!

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »
As a personal trainer I must say that soda is one of the key ingredients to keeping me in business! ;)

Make sure you offset this with lots of pizza and an occasional jelly roll and I'll cut you a good deal on some sessions! :)

Seriously...

If you have withdrawal symptoms get some carbonated water and squeeze some fruit into it for flavor and you will do fine!

Soda with it's "liquid candy" ingredients has a dehydrating component that keeps you thirsty the more you drink it so it can be sort of a pseudo additive thing that is never mentioned in the soda commercials!

Avoid parties if you can because old habits die hard and drink plenty of water... That means that the money you would have spent on soda should go to bottled water just to have something to hold in your hand (It's a psychological thing trust me).

If you can get a juice machine which gives you a more natural sugar water from fruit and vegetables but do not live exclusively by this for sugar is still sugar even if it is not the processed kind like soda has... A blender will keep the fiber along with the juice so get one of those two and moderate between them.

And... If you ever slip back don't condemn and judge yourself you are only human but your body will thank and reward you for the effort to at least try to do better and in time you will be so purged from this subtle narcotic that you will feel more refreshed, energetic and cleansed.

Now get down and give me 50 push ups... What, you thought that was the end of it? ;D

Hit a couple of laps around the forum too to get the metabolism flowing to help the cleansing process!

Stay Strong... Stay Positive... Good Luck!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:38:51 am »
You're awesome, Marv.

Thank you Max, likewise.

Congrats!!!!!

hehe, thanks Reg, it's gonna be hell after all these years, at least I dont smoke.  lol

As a personal trainer I must say that soda is one of the key ingredients to keeping me in business! ;)

Make sure you offset this with lots of pizza and an occasional jelly roll and I'll cut you a good deal on some sessions! :)

Seriously...

If you have withdrawal symptoms get some carbonated water and squeeze some fruit into it for flavor and you will do fine!

Soda with it's "liquid candy" ingredients has a dehydrating component that keeps you thirsty the more you drink it so it can be sort of a pseudo additive thing that is never mentioned in the soda commercials!

Avoid parties if you can because old habits die hard and drink plenty of water... That means that the money you would have spent on soda should go to bottled water just to have something to hold in your hand (It's a psychological thing trust me).

If you can get a juice machine which gives you a more natural sugar water from fruit and vegetables but do not live exclusively by this for sugar is still sugar even if it is not the processed kind like soda has... A blender will keep the fiber along with the juice so get one of those two and moderate between them.

And... If you ever slip back don't condemn and judge yourself you are only human but your body will thank and reward you for the effort to at least try to do better and in time you will be so purged from this subtle narcotic that you will feel more refreshed, energetic and cleansed.

Now get down and give me 50 push ups... What, you thought that was the end of it? ;D

Hit a couple of laps around the forum too to get the metabolism flowing to help the cleansing process!

Stay Strong... Stay Positive... Good Luck!

Thanks Flex and all for the info and encouragement, helps a lot.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »
I'm down to my last four...two at work and two at home. I know these last 10 pounds I need to lose (not to mention my crappy adult acne) is directly connected to my soda habit. But dammit, you deal with 27 screaming 4th graders day after day and then tell me to give up my morning Vanilla Coke(s). Sh*t, I'd do better with crack at this point.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »
A soda is a rare thing in my diet.  I might get a ginger ale at a sushi spot, just to keep my sensitive stomach in line. 

My goal is to reduce my fruit juice intake and drink more water.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 03:57:21 pm »
My weakness was Kool-Aid, I was going through a bag of sugar every week. I switched to diet orange soda a month ago and dropped 10 pounds. If I suck in my gut you can see abs, summer can't get here fast enough. :)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:40 pm »
Do they make a soda patch?   >:(

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:33:10 pm »
Just cryogenically freeze yourself for 10 years and when you come out those ten years count towards your goal and can be a confidence booster!

You don't need no stinking patches! ;)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:41 pm »
I only drink soda on the weekends at a movie, the rest is orange juice water or green tea. I LOVE green tea.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:48:31 pm »
My wife has green tea from all walks of life!

She swears it's the preventive cure for all types of things from radioactive spider bites to kryptonite rashes so I steal some from her when she is not looking!

She also drinks a South African tea called Rooibos (Hope I spelled it right) that is pretty good... She is on that Uncle Iroh from the Last Air Bender trip and collects various teas!

How are you doing thus far Marvelous?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 03:19:19 pm »

Mostly water, an occasional Crystal Light packet for my water with a meal but its going pretty good for not.  Sometimes tea unsweetened.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »
Last night wifey sent me out on a stealth mission to buy a Nutribullet at Target (Pronounced Tar-zhay... It's a French store or something) ;)

Used it last night and this morning and it works fine!

I am the official bartender of super drinks now!

Keep going Marvelous I may start that thread on juicing and blending soon!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »

Mostly water, an occasional Crystal Light packet for my water with a meal but its going pretty good for not.  Sometimes tea unsweetened.

Crystal Light? Are you CRAZY?

That fake sugar is the WORST!