Author Topic: My Last Soda  (Read 13048 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: My Last Soda
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 10:21:22 am »
How are you doing thus far Marvelous?

Mostly water, an occasional Crystal Light packet for my water with a meal but its going pretty good for not.  Sometimes tea unsweetened.

Crystal Light? Are you CRAZY?

That fake sugar is the WORST!

Yea, I know but water with some of my food tastes like sh!t.  Crystal Light is in no way a substitute...just a lil flavor from time to time. 

Any suggestions for substitutes?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 11:09:31 am »
How are you doing thus far Marvelous?

Mostly water, an occasional Crystal Light packet for my water with a meal but its going pretty good for not.  Sometimes tea unsweetened.

Crystal Light? Are you CRAZY?

That fake sugar is the WORST!

Yea, I know but water with some of my food tastes like sh!t.  Crystal Light is in no way a substitute...just a lil flavor from time to time. 

Any suggestions for substitutes?

Flavor the water with mint and lemon. If you must get some sugar drink Aloe Vera juice.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:17 am »
Ice T... No not the rapper the drink ice tea! :D

Drop a peach or strawberry in it after you cut it open and squeeze a little of the juice in it!

There are also drinks like almond milk or coconut milk/water and never forget homemade tomato juice made in a blender with your own ingredients like celery, spinach, parsley and a sprinkle of your choice of spices!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 09:03:17 pm »
Surprising Side Effects of Dehydration
3 days ago, Reluctantly Healthy

In this episode "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" trainers and life coaches Chris and Heidi Powell educate host Judy Greer on the importance of staying hydrated. A huge plus for hydration, Judy says, is that it helps prevent wrinkles. But another unflattering side effect of dehydration is weight gain, Chris and Heidi caution. Even mild dehydration can slow down your metabolism by as much as 3%. Ninety percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and the body often misinterprets thirst for hunger. The effects are far from skin-deep: Lack of water is the #1 trigger for daytime fatigue and headaches. What's the best temperature for your water? It depends, Chris says. If you want to hydrate yourself quickly drink it cold. But if you want to fill up and suppress your appetite, choose warm because it stays in your system longer and expands the stomach, sending a signal to your brain that you're "full." Watch for more of Chris and Heidi's tips on hydration, including how to use your body weight to determine how much you should drink daily.

http://screen.yahoo.com/surprise-side-effects-dehydration-050000603.html

Discuss?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 12:44:24 am »
Water Deficiency...

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/422916/nutritional-disease/247977/Water-deficiency-dehydration

Depending upon how much hydration you lose from sweat, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding out from an all out ninja sword attack you will need to replace the water that you lost!

There is no way to tell if you are hydrated but there are 1001 ways to tell if you are dehydrated once you start going into those massive convulsions like the Aliens movies and your chest opens up from the inside out! ;D

You also have to take into consideration the loss of salts in your body so you notice that things like Pedialyte (Babies Gatorade) is given to sick children so don't neglect your own mineral intake along with your vitamins as well!

Think of the human body as something that regularly needs to fill in the blanks of missing substances for optimal performance around the clock!

Keep oxygen in mind too because if you are not getting fresh air to go with the water that harms you much sooner... You would be surprised how often people don't take time to breathe deeply expecting the involuntary action to take care of itself.

Yawning is not always a sign of lack of sleep many times it is because people literally hold their breathe or take small breathes due to the stresses of life or anxiety and the body forces an air intake to make up the slack!

Good rest and sleep also contributes to hydration as the body shuts down to repair fatigued cells... This period of less work can stabilize the body and allow natural distribution of water to do it's thing!

Now you know why sometimes you are more tired even after a long nights rest!

Air... Water... Food... Comics... Life!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 04:13:43 pm »
I don't suppose this is a good place to mention that I visited the 'World of Coca-Cola' Museum in ATL last week... Lots of cool, interactive exhibits on the history of the company (also, there are some vintage posters and placards of African-Americans, including celebrities, promoting the brand).  And of course, at the end there is the 'global taste village' where all the domestic and foreign-only soda brands can be sampled (it's a mixed bag; I found an iced-tea beverage sold in Israel/Turkey to be quite tasty; on the other hand, an Italian-only soda called 'Beverly' I found to be awful, almost doing a spittake. ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 12:26:38 pm »
Coca-Cola in Spain is delicious. Made of sugar, not corn syrup.

Okay, so I drank my last 12-pack of Vanilla Coke (again) and I'm going to try to kick this Coke addiction (again). God, I am so f*cking miserable right now. #firstworldproblems
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:44:39 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »
Coca-Cola in Spain is delicious. Made of sugar, not corn syrup.

Okay, so I drank my last 12-pack of Vanilla Coke (again) and I'm going to try to kick this Coke addition (again). God, I am so f*cking miserable right now. #firstworldproblems

but I bet it was so good!

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »
Gotta get that organic water

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »
Gotta get that organic water

Organic Water: A New Marketing Wave

A funny thing happened at the Fancy Food Show in Washington the other day.

We were cruising through the various food exhibits from around the world, checking out the latest goodies, including gluten-free snacks, quinoa in a bag, and relaxation drinks, and then we came upon the food display from Wales.

Perched on a white tablecloth we noticed some very sleek water bottles, labeled Illanllyr SOURCE. A serious guy named Eric Ewell eagerly offered us a taste, "Try this pristine organic water." We choked back a giggle. Organic? Really?

As the company's website says, "Illanllyr ... comes from our sources beneath certified organic fields in west Wales in the UK." So, Ewell says, the water has never been tainted with chemicals, making it organic as it as it emerges from the ground.

OK, so the soil above the water source is organic. We get that. But the water itself, organic? Maybe it's time to separate out the marketing buzz words from the science.

Remember the properties of water? H2O means each molecule of water contains two atoms of hydrogen (H) joined to one atom of oxygen (O). In order for something to be organic as in alive it needs carbon. So water, by definition is inorganic.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which defines the term organic when it comes to agricultural products in this country, specifically excludes water and salt. Table salt, or NaCl, is made up of sodium (Na) and chlorine (Cl). No carbon there, either, folks.

"This is kind of silly. Of course, people can buy and sell what they want, but this is an example that people know so little about water," Charles Fishman tells Shots. He's the author of The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water.

Illanllyr isn't the only one using the term organic loosely. A quick Google search turns up dozens of brands of waters claiming to be organic. "Marketing water this way doesn't make it look special," Fishman says. "Let's go with cosmic water it all came from space in the first place how about selling it that way," Fishman quips.

Clean, pristine, and cosmic. Now that's catchy. Try that for a label.

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 12:22:56 pm »
Diet Cosmic water

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »
Day two. How much tea and juice does it take to offset whatever benefits not drinking soda is supposed to be giving me?
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 06:01:38 pm »
Diet Cosmic water

Its hard to get the calories out of Cosmic Water.