Author Topic: priest is back  (Read 16749 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
priest is back
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:28:01 pm »
hey just for you all to know. christopher priest after a two to three month absence is back. is it me or is he one of the smartest brother's on the web today. michael you would love/hate his blog with his extream left views i can see you guys debate for hours. he also has in interesting view of the superman returns movie. his site:

digitalpriest.com

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
Re: priest is back
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:20 pm »
everyone gotta have his website bookmarked on their PC.  priest is one hell of a writer. 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:08:10 pm »
true.
so true.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 06:24:57 pm »
He seems to be critically accailmed and a fan favorite.
...Rassclaat.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 06:32:42 pm »
He seems to be critically accailmed and a fan favorite.

purchased TPB of BP (priest run)  and enjoy yourself.  IMO, you will not be sorry for your purchase.  For the past year I have been purchasing all comic issue, instead of TPB and I will be done with all after Wizard Con Chitown.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 06:41:22 pm »
I will, I have two comicshops I can check tommorrow, since I'm going to be in the city.
...Rassclaat.

michaelintp

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 11:43:30 pm »
hey just for you all to know. christopher priest after a two to three month absence is back. is it me or is he one of the smartest brother's on the web today. michael you would love/hate his blog with his extream left views i can see you guys debate for hours. he also has in interesting view of the superman returns movie. his site:
digitalpriest.com

Yeh Blue.  Priest and I had very extensive discussions on a comic book site regarding his Cap & the Falcon, and I also did a critique of The Crew ... all of which kind of led to getting me banned from the site, hahaha (the moderator objected to my bringing up the political content of Priest's writing -- it is not only the extreme Right that is interested in censorship). 

I enjoyed talking with Priest, actually.  He's an interesting guy.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 05:17:00 am »
lol ^^^^ mike i could totally see that happening. its like with priest though he is sooo left. im liberal but with a southern old fashion sensability about myself that prevents me from going all over the edge but priest could be a used car salesman how he is able to get you to consider his thoughts.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »
I finally found a Priest TPB but it was slightly torn and stuff, so I didn't get it. It's like beggars can't be choosers but at least give me a discount on it. Shoooot.
...Rassclaat.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 03:25:26 pm »
I finally found a Priest TPB but it was slightly torn and stuff, so I didn't get it. It's like beggars can't be choosers but at least give me a discount on it. Shoooot.
----------------
in the meantime go to his site and read over his post on his time in comics. some very interesting topics on there. this guy's time in the industry is invaluable and the saddest thing is unless something changes i don't think his contribution as a man of color to the world (yes this very small nich that we enjoy) will be given its proper due.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 03:32:49 pm »
----------------
in the meantime go to his site and read over his post on his time in comics. some very interesting topics on there. this guy's time in the industry is invaluable and the saddest thing is unless something changes i don't think his contribution as a man of color to the world (yes this very small nich that we enjoy) will be given its proper due.

I thought Christopher Priest was white. I'll still look around for the TPB and in the mean time I'll check out digitalpriest.com.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 04:33:58 pm »
he is definitely NOT white.

:D

priest is THAT DUDE.

my vote is for priest and hudlin to co-write Black Avengers (aka The New Avengers... which means the current team will move over to Mighty Avengers) with Velluto and Almond drawing.

i'm just saying.
;)

make my dreams come tru reg? puhleez?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 06:34:54 pm »
Think Priest renamed himself and may be known to some back in the 80s as Jim Owsley or by some other name...not sure why the name change happend.  Respect him immensely as the man who got me into BP years ago..........and after reading his story on his website the respect runs deeper.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 09:05:10 pm »
IMO, for all new and future BP readers (current), collecting comics or TPB of Priest's run is almost like registering yourself for a course in college.... a prerequisite. 

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 05:42:18 am »
im just speculating but from what i can tell after him and his wife divorced he kind of had/wanted to. also when he gave his life to god was around the same time. but yea guys check out his site and you will see how he paved the way for soo many. to this day the best fight scene ever in comics was the spiderman  v/s wolverine graphic novel from back in the day. this was before the walls came down in germany and you had international espinoge with wolverine and spiderman fighting in a graveyard. me and my boys almost came to blows as 13 year olds about who won the fight. oh yea the falcon limited series is also one of the best limited series marvel produced in the 80s even had us thinking falcon was a mutant for a while.