Author Topic: IRON MAN 3  (Read 8355 times)

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
Re: IRON MAN 3
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 06:56:14 am »
Took the family and enjoyed the movie very much. Ben Kingsley cracked me up. I liked the fact that Pepper got to kick a little ass too.
"Happiness is dancing when the drumming is good."

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »
'Iron Man 3' Zooms to Second-Best U.S. Debut Ever

Disney's and Marvel's "Iron Man 3" got the summer movie season off to an explosive start, rocketing to $175 million in its first three days, the second-best U.S. box office debut ever.

That topped the $169 million rung up "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" in 2011, but wasn't nearly enough to catch up with "The Avengers." That Disney-Marvel superhero mash-up, which also featured Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, kicked off last summer with a staggering $207 million three-day debut.

No one at Disney was disappointed. The opening is easily the year's best and, after adding another $176 million from overseas this weekend, "Iron Man 3" has now taken in more than $680 million worldwide since debuting on April 24.

The opening number far surpassed the $128 million debut of "Iron Man 2" in 2010, with "Iron Man 3" playing more like a sequel to "The Avengers" than that film.
"What (Marvel President) Kevin Feige has done in terms of not just extending the story, but delivering something that's just as compelling with the same sort of wide appeal is truly impressive," Disney's head of distribution Dave Hollis told TheWrap.

Audiences at the market-high 4,250 theaters loved the film, and gave it an "A" CinemaScore. That positive word-of-mouth helped on Saturday, as grosses dropped just 9 percent from Friday's, which were swelled by Thursday night screenings.
The movie's audience skewed male at 61 percent, but played broadly overall. Forty-five percent was under 25 years of age, couples made up 52 percent of the crowd, families were 27 percent and teens 21 percent.
Roughly 45 percent of the grosses came from the 3,193 3D screens. The 325 Imax screens brought in 9 percent of the total.

"Iron Man 3" co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley. Shane Black ("Lethal Weapon") directed the project from a screenplay he co-wrote with Drew Pearce. Favreau, who directed the first two films, is an executive producer.
The other studios gave Disney's $200 million box-office behemoth a wide berth; it was the weekend's only wide opener.

Last week's No. 1 film, Michael Bay's "Pain & Gain," was a very distant second with $7.6 million. The Jackie Robinson movie "42" finished third in its fourth week at $6.2 million.
Despite the big showing by "Iron Man 3," the overall box office was off roughly 15 percent from the comparable week last year, when "The Avengers" led the way.
Roadside Attractions expanded the Matthew McConaughey drama "Mud" into 576 theaters and it broke into the top ten with $2.1 million.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »
I was really impressed with this.

The movie is complete unto itself, but it follows the
character development we saw Stark get in The Avengers.

There might be complaining about the lack of Iron Man in this one, but this
movie is about Tony and his demons, not the tin suit.

Besides the more time we see RJD interact with Don Cheadle and Paltrow the better.
And the entire cast is given cool stuff to do.

The Mandarin twist: something I should hate, but don't.

It would have been far worse to try and shoehorn the classic yellow peril character into a modern movie.

These movies do worldwide business now, I don't see the Asian audience being down with classic Mandarin.
As a matter of fact, in the Chinese version of the movie, minor character Dr. Wu (minor as in he only has one line in the American version) get a much bigger role and saves Iron Man's neck.

If this is RJD's last Iron Man movie, this is a good ending for him and the character.

The_Scribe

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
Great One, I am stocking your issues of the Black Panther.  I got the issue before the wedding but don't have the wedding.  I tried to buy it online once but had system trouble. 

First though, I need a very interesting issue of your Black Panther.  Gotta remember cuz' I don't.  SCENE:  Storm and The Panther are in some open area - Africa perhaps - anywho, in this scene, Storm hears the approach of war planes before the Panther or at the same time.  What issue# was that?  I saw something very interesting to me.  I need to get that issue.  Please respond and Thank you. 

The_Scribe

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »
Oh, the folks at work say they loved I3, special effects were great, storyline a little lacking, loved the ending.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »
Great One, I am stocking your issues of the Black Panther.  I got the issue before the wedding but don't have the wedding.  I tried to buy it online once but had system trouble. 

First though, I need a very interesting issue of your Black Panther.  Gotta remember cuz' I don't.  SCENE:  Storm and The Panther are in some open area - Africa perhaps - anywho, in this scene, Storm hears the approach of war planes before the Panther or at the same time.  What issue# was that?  I saw something very interesting to me.  I need to get that issue.  Please respond and Thank you.
Don't remember individual issues...just get all the trades!

The_Scribe

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 08:14:19 am »
Okay.  By the way, what is the artist's inspiration for his drawings.  How do you decide what T'challa face or Storm's face should look like. 

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 04:50:03 pm »
Saw it in 3D....good one and better than second....hats off to Don Cheadle....and Ben Kingsley.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:48 pm »
From Entertainment Weekly:

Robert Downey Jr. has reached a two-picture deal with Marvel Studios to appear in The Avengers 2 and The Avengers 3 but notably not for a possible Iron Man 4.

The news was confirmed by Marvel, which declined to offer specifics on the nature of the deal.

He reportedly earned more than $50 million for The Avengers, and although his multi-picture contract with the comic-book moviemakers was fulfilled by Iron Man 3, everyone involved was moving forward as if a deal for more films was inevitable.

Id go start another one tomorrow, but its not tomorrow, Downey told EW when Iron Man 3 was debuting. And there are a lot of other considerations. But I also dont like the idea of leaving people hanging or leaving people in the lurch.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/20/robert-downey-jr-to-return-as-iron-man-for-two-avengers-movies/

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 09:23:10 pm »
I'm a fan of all three Iron Man films. That the 3rd one was fantastic. The only thing that really bothered me was no ACDC!!!! What were they thinking?!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
Finally saw 'Iron Man 3'!

Great movie!  Lotta fun!

Robert Downy Jr.  is a hilarious!  Don Cheadle was spectacular!

Bloody hell! Bloody Hell!  :)