Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - New Black Panther, New Black Power, Ourstory!  (Read 639315 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Hickman's Black Panther as depicted in Fantastic Four #s 607 & 608 and New Avengers # 1-5  was a much needed redirecting of the Black Panther from the path of impotency and irreverence due to the  irrelevancies occurring in Defenders #7 and the debacle that was Avengers vs X-Men. Hickman posits a formidable Black Panther.

While Tchalla has been given a new title, a new power, a new base of operations and some new equipment, I don't see Hickman's Black Panther as new as much as I see the incorporation and expansion on some of Black Panther's existing themes and that is a good thing if they remain cannon and are unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.

Appointing Tchalla the King of the Dead (I assume only the Wakandan dead) is a dubious attempt at replacing his title as King of Wakanda. It  is not a failed effort and Hickman certainly has time to flesh it out...but the throne of Wakanda was something unique to Tchalla.

Crowning the Black Panther King of the Dead may be exciting but it supplants an essential and iconic element of the Black Panther; that being his inheritance of the throne, thus the political responsibilities and global ramifications of possessing such. It is akin to taking Superman's ability to fly and replacing it with teleportation.

Endowing him with the ability to access the accumulative knowledge of his ancestors is something Tchalla should have been able to do all along. Ancestral communication is an Afrakan trademark. Priest first demonstrated Tchalla's inseparable bond and ability to commune with his ancestors in issue six of his run.

I'm not sure if Hickman was demonstrating Tchalla as having hyper speed (something I imagined akin to Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 2 Black Panther) or not, but it looked good.

I hope Hickman can stabilize the Black Panther's place of residence, business, headquarters and secret base. Tchalla has been moving around a lot over the past few years. the Caves of Bast, the Nowhere Room, Hell's Kitchen and now the Necropolis at Wakanda. I thought the Royal Palace and the Techno Jungle were more than adequate if exploited to their full potential.

The force shield and teleportation device are both welcomed and logical additions to one who is a prep master. The cloaked phasing effect was long over due. I used to hate how the Hatut Zeraze were shown phasing but not the Black Panther. I  appreciate Hickman's inclusion of the morphing costume, energy dagger and vibranium as well.

Consistency has often been one of Tchalla's greatest opponents. During Hudlin's run Tchalla confronted Doom on two occasions. Once with an armor and once without. Nuff said. One time uses or editorial lapses delete Tchalla's credibility and lend themselves to the deus ex machina effect.

If Hickman wishes to avoid the faux pas of some of his predecessors he better up Tchalla's battle strategies. Having the Black Panther jump on the back of the cosmic powered Terrax only to be swatted off like a minor annoyance does not bode well. It would have been better played if Tchalla suggested everyone fall back (without the short lived obligatory fisticuffs) and let Black bolt do his thing.

In the future Hickman should demonstrate the Black Panther's genius in solo efforts comparable to or surpassing the other members of the Illuminati  Personally I think Stark's Dyson Sphere was more impressive than the reverse engineered bomb it took both Reed and Tchalla to construct. Subjective I know, however Starks presentation outclassed them both.

And I shall attempt to refrain from discussing the fact that the Illuminati has been and is primarily comprised of white men. I guess no women of any race qualified for an invitation. Tchalla should have had Shuri represent him, thus killing two “minority” birds with one stone.

If Tchalla has any problem with Black Swan it should be that she gave the order that resulted in the death of 3 Wakandan children... unnecessarily I might add. If you want the Black Panther to appear bad ass his force shield should have protected the “Makers.” Not to mention the fact that Hickman could have written it so that Tchalla could have successfully teleported the children to the safety of the city. Since he didn't do either, he would definitely hold her accountable. Last and probably least, how does Black Swan get away with sitting in the Black Panther's Bast throne seat?...  ??? and without so much as a curt glance from the King. She doesn't hold membership.

It is most important that Tchalla follow through on his threat to Namor. If he does not kill him, which is more than likely the case, the Black Panther should brutally demonstrate the severity of his threat by decisively beating Namor within an inch of his life. Remember the Red Skull's broken jaw. Remember the Skrulls who attempted to infiltrate and colonize Wakanda. If  Hickman really wants to show off the Black Panther: next issue show Tchalla humiliating Doom in some significant way. For example by having Victor burn in his armor via the nanites Tchalla infested Doom's castle with when the New Avengers were there. Revenge is a dish best served hot.

Hickman's success in writing the Black Panther lies in his subtly introducing what I term the Panther Effect. Originally introduced by Kirby, deftly mastered by Priest and often dismissed by too many writers; the  Panther Effect is demonstrating the intelligence, powers, resources, prowess and attitude of Tchalla the Black Panther in a consistent, organic manner that would logically manifest in a given situation

Hickman like Priest, Hudlin and all his predecessors should be given the necessary time for character development and engaging story telling. So far he has written an entertaining tale that has both super-heroics and depth. Hickman has sown strong seeds for an emblematic rendering of the Black Panther, true to his potential... again only time will tell.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:11:44 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »
I agree with most of what you said about "The King of The Dead" aspect and could care less about this new title!

The only real problem this franchise had was not the powers or the stories but the overall support and confidence in the character by Marvel as a whole!

The goalposts have not only been moved they have been teleported all over the place to prevent this character from making A-list status no matter what attempts are made to do so!

Until the parent company goes all in Black Panther will always be frontrunner out the gate character that loses fans along the way towards another cancellation!

And also the racism inside the editorial office either needs to be dealt with or just kill off all the black characters at Marvel openly and move on already!

Oh... And Storm and Wolverine are coming to Wakanda on Hickman's watch so that can mean only more chumping out T'challa via the X-office!

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »
I agree with most of what you said about "The King of The Dead" aspect and could care less about this new title!

The only real problem this franchise had was not the powers or the stories but the overall support and confidence in the character by Marvel as a whole!

The goalposts have not only been moved they have been teleported all over the place to prevent this character from making A-list status no matter what attempts are made to do so!

Until the parent company goes all in Black Panther will always be frontrunner out the gate character that loses fans along the way towards another cancellation!

And also the racism inside the editorial office either needs to be dealt with or just kill off all the black characters at Marvel openly and move on already!

Oh... And Storm and Wolverine are coming to Wakanda on Hickman's watch so that can mean only more chumping out T'challa via the X-office!

Armed with the " Deus Ex, X-Writer, Anti-Black Male Protocols". Which are not only more powerful, but predate "T'challa's Anti-Weather Protocols".

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »
Yeah, the consistency will be compromised in one word: X-titles.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 06:06:00 am »
It is most important that Tchalla follow through on his threat to Namor. If he does not kill him, which is more than likely the case, the Black Panther should brutally demonstrate the severity of his threat by decisively beating Namor within an inch of his life. Remember the Red Skull's broken jaw. Remember the Skrulls who attempted to infiltrate and colonize Wakanda. If  Hickman really wants to show off the Black Panther: next issue show Tchalla humiliating Doom in some significant way. For example by having Victor burn in his armor via the nanites Tchalla infested Doom's castle with when the New Avengers were there. Revenge is a dish best served hot.

The last time this Black Panther fan remembers T'Challa administering a righteous and brutal beat down to an enemy was in Priest's run vs Kraven the Hunter. In that instance however, it appeared that Kraven "craved" the punishment he was absorbing. Other than T'Challa's dispatching Hudlin's "bizarro Klaw", the Panther has never - to my recollection - ever demonstrated/enjoyed the type of physical retribution he has deserved and his fans have desired.

T'Challa should have killed Anton Pretorious - the South African scumbag who'd abducted T'Challa's stepmother, holding her captive for decades, sexually assaulting her repeatedly and sending photos of those assaults to T'Chaka by means of tormenting him. T'Challa was about to do just that, but the writer in that case decided to allow Ramonda to persuade her son to allow Pretorious to live.

T'Challa should have beaten Killmonger more decisively than he has ever been portrayed as doing. Yes, T'Challa should have seriously "marked" Doom in some way as to be obvious from the end of doomwar going forward as punishment for the villian's attack on and defeat of Wakanda. Doom received more humiliation from the late Dr. Voodoo when the latter smote Doom on the nose and told him to "go home" in his short-lived Remender-written series. Cloak (Tyrone Johnson), realized a more satisfactory victory over Doom than did T'Challa.

The LCB-RD would not have tolerated T'Challa's humiliating/maiming of Doom following doomwar and I have no doubt the same is true where Namor is concerned.

Full disclosure, my Dear Friends...I have not read a comicbook in years and have only recently become acquainted with current developments concerning the Panther. I've only seen this Black Swan character through preview art and scans provided. IMO she is the "type" that has in the past seemed "physically attracted" to T'Challa...that "blonde bombshell" type. Susan Storm was a married woman. That didn't stop her from having the hots for T'Challa. T'Challa also had a significant romance with another Black Swan lookalike...Nikki whateverhernamewas.

Wouldn't it be something if Black Swan and Nikki were one and the same...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:09:21 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:17:31 am »
Once his design evolved beyond the name "Coal Tiger" and that clown suit concept discarded for the sleek, black Panther's "habit", T'Challa, the Black Panther has always been an exciting, enigmatic, visually-excellent character. It seems however, that the success he should have had as a character has always been hamstrung by the fact that T'Challa is a black man. T'Challa might be Marvel Comics' one and only character whose costume was designed so as not to offend the sensitivities of any fan who might not have opposed the black costume itself, but would have had a definite problem with the black character wearing the costume. There wasn't much of anything wrong with the "old" or original T'Challa.

While Tchalla has been given a new title, a new power, a new base of operations and some new equipment, I don't see Hickman's Black Panther as new as much as I see the incorporation and expansion on some of Black Panther's existing themes and that is a good thing if they remain cannon and are unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.

Exactly so.

With Mayberry being the single possible exception IMO, I don't have the "feeling" that those artists who have written the character ever did so with malice aforethought and premeditated designs that the Panther should fail. Blinded as I was by what I believed to be a highly annoying character - Everett Ross - I couldn't appreciate until years later, the sheer excellence of Christopher Priest's take on the character. His "A Man Called Hawk" Avery Brooks-like T'Challa is far and above the best rendition ever.

Hawkeye, who in my opinion has always been a whining, self-absorbed, pain in the ass with questionable taste in costume design, has long been a fan favorite of many members of the LCB-RD. Like Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Hawkeye appeals to the LCB-RD demographic in ways T'Challa never has and likely, never will. Some of them relate to certain aspects designed into those characters I'm not at all sure Marvel's creative talent is totally at fault for the Black Panther's failure to make A-List status. The LCB-RD is like the many NBA fans who resented the fact that LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh had the audacity to usurp the GM's position and form what by all appearances is a near-unbeatable team. The nerve of those 3 negroes. Unfortunately, there is no Doctor Doom to declare doomwar on the Miami Heat...no Namor to send a tsunami to wash them away.

So the LB-VD...(Larger Basketball-viewing Demographic), must suffer the successes of the Miami Heat choosing if they must, to give credit to the white coach of the team or "the Birdman", to make it easier to do so. If that member of the LB-VD also happens to belong to the LCB-RD, he might be able to find comfort in the pages of comicbooks featuring Doom's annihilation of Wakanda and emasculation of T'Challa, Namor's destruction of Wakanda and Ororo's/Logan's cuckolding of T'Challa.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Online Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »
...If Hickman wishes to avoid the faux pas of some of his predecessors he better up Tchalla's battle strategies. Having the Black Panther jump on the back of the cosmic powered Terrax only to be swatted off like a minor annoyance does not bode well. It would have been better played if Tchalla suggested everyone fall back (without the short lived obligatory fisticuffs) and let Black bolt do his thing.

In the future Hickman should demonstrate the Black Panther's genius in solo efforts comparable to or surpassing the other members of the Illuminati  Personally I think Stark's Dyson Sphere was more impressive than the reverse engineered bomb it took both Reed and Tchalla to construct. Subjective I know, however Starks presentation outclassed them both.

As astute as ever Brother Ture!  I was disappointed at T'challa's mere nuisance of an attack on Terrax which was totally reminiscent of past supporting appearances relegating BP to an underpowered team player, game but posing no real threat to the enemy.  Shouldn't it have been a simple matter for T'Challa to evade Terrax's blow with the purpose of his attack being not only to distract the herald from Iron Man but to turn him into the path of Black Bolt, setting him up to deliver the coup de grace like an all-star point guard setting-up his big man for a slam dunk?  A missed opportunity to establish budding team rapport and effective field leadership for T'Challa without being accused of exaggerating his skill set.

It is starting to feel like Reed is the actual team leader in New Avengers too.  Here's hoping we don't continue to get more of the same ole, same ole!?!

Peace,

Mont 

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:05 am »
True indeed Flex, as much as some people are confused about the reasons that manifest the current status of the Black Panther, I am convinced that the challenge has its origins in interpreting the culture, (an Afrakan one at that) of the Black Panther.

I see writer Paul Cornell and artist Alan Davis are doing a new arc entitled Killable in which Wolverine is suddenly capable of being killed. I've always understood Wolverine as being hard to kill not immortal. It comes out in August's Wolverine #8. The story begins with a trip to Wakanda  that brings the newly vulnerable Logan with Storm in tow into direct conflict with the Black Panther. Why we ask ourselves.  Any way for more info here's a link – http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=45156.

Sinjection  your thoughts mirror my own. The experimentation and the deconstruction that the Black Panther has undergone during Mayberry and Liss  is analogous to what happened to Afrakan people during the systematic deconstruction of  identity that comes from captivity and cultural enslavement.

Sometimes the Black Panther is a looking glass to me, one that reflects the cultural sign of the times that Afrakan people find themselves in.

The Black Panther was created in the sixties when Afrakan people were viewed as freeing their countries from colonial rule, fighting for Civil Rights, developing Black Power organizations and exploring the cultural mores that uniquely defined themselves. Lee and Kirby's reflects this.

During the seventies Afrkan people were viewed as being somewhat divorced from the "white main stream" often being seen as having their own world. The Black Panther reflected this insular tone in McGregors Panther's Rage.

The Black Panther under Priest was refocused and reinvigorated in the nineties just post the Afrocentric explosion. During the first half decade of the new millennium the Black Panther was reincarnated to be congruent with the Hip Hop generation by Hudlin.

His "A Man Called Hawk" Avery Brooks-like T'Challa is far and above the best rendition ever.

I most heartily concur.

Kimoyo as usual you and I see eye to eye on this. If Tchalla is the de facto leader then the book is not only going to have to center on him, it is going to have to make the Black Panther intelligently formidable. I think our real litmus test is coming soon with the Wakanda Atlantis war.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 10:08:46 am »
Right out the gate, I must say that my confidence in Hickman...while still strong...was shaken by how horrible TChalla looked vs Terrax. I completely agree that TChalla could have set up Black Bolt very skillfully and intelligently with a sensible application of his skill set.

For instance, a hyperquick series of nerve strikes and unbalancing martial arts techniques followed by a swift evasion of Terrax's expected counterattack, which sets Terrax directly in line for a combo Iron Man repulsor ray+whisper from Black Bolt coup de grace would be very effective.

I would actually prefer a full demo from the full team of the Illuminati, such as:

BEAST and TCHALLA use their massive genius in tandem with their physical prowess to engage Terrax via a combination of strikes and tech, which Terrax would show his formidable skills against. Terrax should be able to effectively neutralize the strikes and attacks of Beast and TChalla, but only after suffering the nerve strike damage and martial arts powered unbalancing and height width and depth manipulation that places him in the ideal position for Reed Richard's and Iron Man's intelligent hypertech cosmic power draining assault...the majority of which Terrax would neutralize. As expected.

Namor in the interim has flown around Terrax, grabbed a massive rock, and flies at Terrax from the rear. Terrax uses his cosmic power to destroy the hurled rock. Beast activates a fission particle gas cone on Terrax, causing him pain before Terrax neutralizes it. TChalla uses a version of the same force field he dropped on Mephisto to temporarily make Terrax vulnerable to physical attacks, then follows with a combination hyper speed side kick to Terrax's plantar--bending Terrax backward--and driving his disruption energy dagger into Terrax's hand, weakening Terrax's grip on his massive battle axe.

Terrax counterattacks with a massive blade swing, which would have decapitated TChalla if it landed, but TChalla acrobatically bounds over Terrax's head , thus eluding the blow.

At that precise instant, Namor and Hank simultaneously attack. Namor takes advantage of the position that TChalla manipulated Terrax into being with the kick to Terrax's plantar by landing a massive full strength blow on Terrax, while at that exact moment the bounding Beast does a Blanka attack on Terrax, wresting Terrax's axe from his grasp.

Terrax counters with a mighty blow to Namor, sending him flying.

These previous Illuminati attacks were setups for Dr. Strange and Black Bolt to finish Terrax with their coup de grace: Terrax's cosmic power has been drained sufficiently enough for Dr. Strange to easily entrap Terrax in the Rings of Raggador, and Black Bolt KO's him with his power.

At the end of this assault, TChalla--referring to the disagreement that Reed and he had regarding reverse engineering the bomb Black Swan had--can say to Reed: "Apparently the sword and the scalpel can be used quite well in concert during combat."

Reed: "Agreed. You Namor and Hank did a genius job of nerve strikes and physical placement of Terrax for the followup assaults that we launched. It took me a moment to divine the specifics of your plan against Terrax, TChalla. Well done."

"You, Doctor Strange and Black Bolt should be equally commended. The finish was intelligently and skillfully executed." TChalla replies.

Or something similar.

However, it's also very easy to Monday morning quarterback this situation. I still have confidence in Hickman, and I hope that the rest of this year's stories and the rest of the series makes amends for what I hope to be aberrations in TChalla's depiction and expands TChalla's formidable skills beyond that of all previous predecessors.

But I must confess...these next two events...the fight with Namor and the upcoming visit of Logan and Ororo [ something I had NO IDEA was coming ] will be true tests. I expect TChalla to get chumped out by the X-Office in that "Killable" thing...something I never heard of until now...but I hope and pray that Hickman has TChalla put serious hands on Namor, and perhaps be stopped from killing Namor by Reed Richards Black Bolt and Beast.

Or better yet, TChalla kills Namor, but Doctor Strange brings him back because they still need him for some upcoming event.

Honestly, though...I don't see TChalla fighting Namor until he's neutralized the Incursions Threat and The Great Destroyer. Which it seems they'll be doing by book 6, thus setting up the throwdown between TChalla and Namor in book 7 or whatever it is.

And Doom is very much overdo for a beatdown, but I don't see Hickman letting Doom getting merked by TChalla. Maybe a good smacking after they all jointly halt the Incursion. I am actually very much looking forward to this issue, because I can see how the scheming TChalla may forego laying a finger on Doom because TChalla's needs--saving the planet and this universe--vastly outweigh his wants--putting Doom in a box for his incursion on Wakanda. Even though TChalla already humbled Doom in front of the whole world with a flick of the switch.

Everybody forgets that about Doomwar. TChalla clowned Doom in the end with a flick of a switch. That's...embarrassing. Not anywhere near as satisfying a much deserved, much needed to give TChalla his props, thorough beatdown and comprehensive humbling of Doom FOLLOWED BY a flick of the switch neutralizing all of Doom's advances across the world.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:22:34 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »
And yet the entire cast got their asses handled to them but Black Bolt (rightfully so) and for some reason that isnt enough? This is a man of cosmic abilities. I dont care how smart they are all Black Bolt is pretty much the powerhouse and big fist of the group as he should be.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Online Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:30 pm »
I have no problem with Black Bolt being the Powerhouse component of the team, but this is supposed to be a badass team of capable individuals not to be trifled with.  While Terrax is a powerful entity and a credible enemy he is not someone that anyone of these Avengers couldn't conceivably figure out how to handle alone.  The scenario presented did not appropriately represent the abilities of this team.

Peace,

Mont
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:19:57 pm by Kimoyo »

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »
To add to the last two posts, Namor did absolutely nothing after getting smacked away.  He did less than T'Challa.

Online KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 05:20:23 am »
I have no problem with Black Bolt being the Powerhouse component of the team, but this is supposed to be a badass team of capable individuals not to be trifled with.  While Terrax is a powerful entity and a credible enemy he is not someone that anyone of these Avengers couldn't conceivably figure out how to handle alone.  The scenario presented did not appropriately represent the abilities of this team.

Peace,

Mont

I don't think it was meant to be.  I think it was more the cliff notes version of the fight t than the actual fight.  It wasn't impotent enough of a conflict to earn a full fight, just cliff notes.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:15:52 am »
Teamwork and tactical engagements have often been demonstrated as an after thought. There isn't much thinking in the slugfests comicbook fans have come to expect and appreciate. For superheroes like the Thing, Hercules, The Hulk and Thor etc. brawling is trademark and works for them.

This methodology works against a powerhouse like Superman simply because of the variety of powers and the education he received. It often makes him look feeble and demonstrates way too much vulnerability.

Nonstrategic engagements are antithetical to the Black Panther. Tchalla's very inception and first appearance posits his abilities as one who manifests extensive and detailed preparation. This ability was ignored soon after during McGregor's, Thomas' and Kirby's runs on the character. Of all the writers of the Black Pather, Priest proved to be the most deft in articulating Tchalla's gifts in this area.

Blackbolt being the powerhouse of New Avengers is fine but without doubt or hesitation the Black Panther should be the strategic master of the team. In this Kimoyo and I agree.

Namor and Iron man could almost be considered jobbers. This team should face anything short of incursion level, cosmos shaking  events with a facile decorum. While I agree with Kip about this being the abbreviated version it still demonstrates a lack of tactical expertise.

So while Hickman is presenting us with the best interpretation of the Black Panther post Hudlin, he has to be mindful of that  residue of impotence that too often plagued the Black Panther.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 08:07:12 am »
So basically "they didnt use enough of their mind" to take this guy down. If it wasnt for BP Iron Man would've been cut in half. What more do you want? I get it if BP for some reason had some type of a back up prep time gadget sitting around then it is all good.

Peace,

Mont
They are a "badass team of capable individuals" for earthlings. This is a herald of galactus.  You cannot convince me that any other minus Black Bolt can handle him alone. I would call BS for anyone of them all.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.