Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - King in Black!  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - King in Black!
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 11:05:12 am »
I think honestly we haven't seen T'Challa this powerful since before Hickman. Hickmans BP talked but never was allowed to Carry the weight behind his threat's.

Frankly, Redjacks panther is wholly unique to CJP always prepared panther, abd RH hardcore Panther. I would say RJ Panther is straight up the most dangerous man alive imo.

As much as I usually agree with and always respect and appreciate Ezyo's opinions? I have to both agree and disagree here. I completely agree that Hickman BP was too often NOT carrying through his threats, and NOT acquiring decisive, satisfactory, solo and unaided victories ON PANEL that were unambiguous and permanent. However...

My brother, I think you forgot three major feats HICKMAN BP pulled off which have trumped everything that any iteration of BP has done since. And that would be? KING OF THE DEAD UNITING MARVEL ZOMBIES Black Panther. INFINITY GAUNTLET Black Panther. REALITY GEM wielding Black Panther, who literally rewrought and brought into existence the current MCU as it exists.

Brother S.I I would counter with: Unfortunately Hickman decided he needed Namors help to get the zombies to actually follow him, this heavily cheapening what would of been a wonderful feat. Yes he wielded the IF gauntlet and it's impressive how well he held up and survived god Doom, he still got utterly trounced and was lying broken at dooms feet. Abd yes we see that he rewrote the mu and brought back 616, that unfortunately was also overshadowed by the FF sacrificing themselves and remaking the multiverses. Too much tell, bot enough show, and too much over reliance on outside forces when it should of been his own doing.

Whereas Redjack shows T'Challa turn the tide for his people, decimate the enemy forces when he jumps into the battle,  immediately figures out and crafts a plan to beat back knulls forces and his dragon, and does what Every hero in this event has failed to do, rid part of the planet of knulls control. Abd he did it with his own power and resources and introduced us to T'Challas (his own creation btw) contingency to take down the Phoenix. No speeches, no outside help, no empty threats. Just T'Challa taking command and leading his forces to victory while being THE guy to beat knulls forces. How is that not showing the the most dangerous Black Panther?

Again
Priest- Always prepared Panther
Hudlin- Unapologetic hardcore Panther
Redjack- Most dangerous Panther 

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: BLACK PANTHER - King in Black!
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 03:51:02 pm »
I think honestly we haven't seen T'Challa this powerful since before Hickman. Hickmans BP talked but never was allowed to Carry the weight behind his threat's.

Frankly, Redjacks panther is wholly unique to CJP always prepared panther, abd RH hardcore Panther. I would say RJ Panther is straight up the most dangerous man alive imo.

As much as I usually agree with and always respect and appreciate Ezyo's opinions? I have to both agree and disagree here. I completely agree that Hickman BP was too often NOT carrying through his threats, and NOT acquiring decisive, satisfactory, solo and unaided victories ON PANEL that were unambiguous and permanent. However...

My brother, I think you forgot three major feats HICKMAN BP pulled off which have trumped everything that any iteration of BP has done since. And that would be? KING OF THE DEAD UNITING MARVEL ZOMBIES Black Panther. INFINITY GAUNTLET Black Panther. REALITY GEM wielding Black Panther, who literally rewrought and brought into existence the current MCU as it exists.

Brother S.I I would counter with: Unfortunately Hickman decided he needed Namors help to get the zombies to actually follow him, this heavily cheapening what would of been a wonderful feat. Yes he wielded the IF gauntlet and it's impressive how well he held up and survived god Doom, he still got utterly trounced and was lying broken at dooms feet. Abd yes we see that he rewrote the mu and brought back 616, that unfortunately was also overshadowed by the FF sacrificing themselves and remaking the multiverses. Too much tell, bot enough show, and too much over reliance on outside forces when it should of been his own doing.

You already know that I absolutely agree with the criticisms you level above. How is it that Hickman and every other White writer who touches BP except Ellis, Aaron [ and he still has an "asterisk" after his name ], Liss and Cates seem unable to write BP without diluting his victories in some way...whereas they can write White characters who're arguably LESS CAPABLE than BP somehow doing far more than they allow BP to do; without besetting the White characters with the dilution and disrespectful and "needing outside help from someone nonWhite" requirements and tropes they routinely beset BP with? Answer: because these writers are either blatantly or casually racist, that's why.

Whereas Redjack shows T'Challa turn the tide for his people, decimate the enemy forces when he jumps into the battle,  immediately figures out and crafts a plan to beat back knulls forces and his dragon, and does what Every hero in this event has failed to do, rid part of the planet of knulls control. Abd he did it with his own power and resources and introduced us to T'Challas (his own creation btw) contingency to take down the Phoenix. No speeches, no outside help, no empty threats. Just T'Challa taking command and leading his forces to victory while being THE guy to beat knulls forces. How is that not showing the the most dangerous Black Panther?

Aaaaand aaaaaand aaaanad he faced down, outmaneuvered and outfought Knull Shuri without having to beat her down, showing once and for all that BJ BP is overall superior to Shuri, which is as it should be. Being "THE 616 AND MCU ALL AROUND BEST AROUND" is BP's thing...but with them constantly on the sly and in our faces with the consistent reduction in excellence and prominence of the Afrakan male in T'Challa the true BP and elevation of Shuri [ as if both siblings can't be spectacularly unequaled at the same time without such unflinching peerless achievement coming at the expense of the other ] as an excuse for their not so subtly hidden, ingrained impulse and desire to not show the prominent Afrakan male at all; and most especially not show the gargantuan possibilities of the union of the hypercapable Afrakan man, Afrakan woman and Afrakan family as a result of the tragic passing of Boseman? We in comicdom more than anyone else needed to see this sibling confrontation and resolution. The resolution having come without T'Challa having to physically strike Shuri is extremely important for many many reasons [ which we all likely know here and don't need me to delve into ], aaaand it reenforces the canon established by RH BP who...on some G code mode... stated that: "I would never fight a woman. I have people for that..."

All of which you know that I and airyone on HEF including you are here for. Won't catch any disagreement from me on that. I would however add a double supplement: One. The feats enumerated above still don't overshadow rockin the IG solo and facing God Doom solo. Two and my Counterpoint [ part of the reason I want RJBP in 2021 and beyond ]: It took Hickman two whole entire books..with weekly releases no less...to finally cobble together two feats for BP that are of cosmic WHOA factor. RJBP? Did it in ON HIS FIRST TRY AT WRITING JUST ONE BP BOOK. A TIE IN TO A MAJOR EVENT, too.  Aaaand had BP decisively score a win that nobody else in the 616 MU has gotten for THEIR favorite character. Aaaand not only did RJBP just defecate on Coatesverse BP and drew zero racist hatin backlash from the LCBRD in the process, he drew their support...a feat that was heretofore nigh impossible, prior to the world changing and hate smashing power of MCU BP. We long suffering Afrakan Black Panther comic book nerds are forever in your debt, Coogler and Boseman.

Again
Priest- Always prepared Panther
Hudlin- Unapologetic hardcore Panther
Redjack- Most dangerous Panther 

I would add one more name to the above to form the original Afrakan Writer Triumvirate which is now a Quartet...Iqele Labane, "Group of Four" in Xhosa...Dwayne McDuffie the OG whom we must never forget.Co-creator of the most popular "pure Afrakan comic creation" in this world to my knowledge...Static Shock...

it was "The Maestro" Dwayne McDuffie [ aka DMD like DMC from Run DMC ] who wrote the original blend of Priest BP and RH BP, plus added his own flava with DMD BP when he wrote BP in the F4. I know you never forgot him, but we must not allow the internet gods to profane the memory of any one of our family; including our brother, our inspiration, our elder, and yes even our leader Dwayne McDuffie for any particle of any fraction of time.

[/color]
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:41:27 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw