Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1077422 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1035 on: August 28, 2013, 11:07:18 am »
And.

Back to TChalla.

Who besides me thinks that TChalla vs Thanos in a tactical throwdown sounds sweet?

And who is that wizard guy who rolled on Doctor Strange at the opening of INFINITY?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 28, 2013, 01:12:18 pm »
And.

Back to TChalla.

Who besides me thinks that TChalla vs Thanos in a tactical throwdown sounds sweet?

And who is that wizard guy who rolled on Doctor Strange at the opening of INFINITY?

Ebony Maw is his name, and deception is his game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:54:16 pm by Salustrade »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:23 pm »
In response to a question about John Stewart. He doesn't have a solo book per se, but he does have top billing currently in the Green Lantern Corps books. He shares that billing with Fatality, his former enemy turned lover and (hopefully) his soon to be long term love interest. However the book also has other Corps members in it and I'm guessing over time other Lanterns will get more face time and attention.

Not to derail, since this is a BP thread; but in regards to John, in the future he's married to Fatality when he becomes a senator.

Now whether or not they'll actually go through with this, we'll have to see.

Fatality? Whozzat? Got scans? And thank you very much for the run down on John Stewart, brutha.

I wholeheartedly agree with your position visavis Panther and Storm's marriage and its non/effect on movie interests.

Thank you very very much for these scans! You've gone a long way toward filling a lot of questions that I have. And DAYAMN Fatality is FOOIIINE, yo! Lol.

Is Stewart getting his swerve on? Who's this BLUE girl that Fatality is referring to?

Merayn, who was John's co-worker in the Darkstars then his lover.

To make a long story short after Hal offed the Guardians, there were no G.L.s left (aside from Kyle) so John joined another group of space cops, the Darkstars.

They didn't have as much power as the G.L.s did(pretty much just flying and zapping stuff is all they can do), so they tend to get stomped out quite a bit.

John just happed to get stomped all the way into the wheel chair mentioned above. The blue honey moved in with John when retuned to Earth to recuperate. They were the lucky ones. The rest of the Darkstars got killed. 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Merayn_Dethalis_(New_Earth)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »
And.

Back to TChalla.

Oh I have said for a while, Thanos is a perfect foe for BP.

The challenge is, Thanos is powerful enough to seriously hurt or maybe even kill Bast. 

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 28, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
And.

Back to TChalla.

The challenge is, Thanos is powerful enough to seriously hurt or maybe even kill Bast.

I agree big time. I always said that both these characters are exploring different aspects of Death. Also Like you said I think we will see some type of show down at Necropolis between the two.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:59 pm »
And.

Back to TChalla.

I agree big time. I always said that both these characters are exploring different aspects of Death. Also Like you said I think we will see some type of show down at Necropolis between the two.

Looks like you all are about to get your wish! Nice issue, Infinity is smokin'!

Peace,

Mont   

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #1041 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41:48 am »
This post is awe inspiring.

Beautiful.  :)

Thanks so much.  It's hard for me to keep up with this fast moving thread, but I always try to bring something useful to the table.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #1042 on: August 29, 2013, 04:49:48 am »

Thanos strikes me much like Apocalypse.  They're both seriously underwritten for what their backstories are.  Thanos has gotten more serious attention as Darkseid's popularity has surged.

I don't think there's a good reflection of Apocalypse in DC -- maybe Vandal Savage, but they don't really compare very well.

A limited series where Thanos and Apocalypse merge to kill Celestials, while T'Challa (maybe with Norrin Radd) stand up to stop them might be my favorite story concept ever.

Maybe the folks at Griot Comics could ...
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 29, 2013, 10:15:12 am »

Thanos strikes me much like Apocalypse.  They're both seriously underwritten for what their backstories are.  Thanos has gotten more serious attention as Darkseid's popularity has surged.

I don't think there's a good reflection of Apocalypse in DC -- maybe Vandal Savage, but they don't really compare very well.

A limited series where Thanos and Apocalypse merge to kill Celestials, while T'Challa (maybe with Norrin Radd) stand up to stop them might be my favorite story concept ever.

That would be a truly ill story, bruh. You should write it. Fanfic it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 29, 2013, 11:10:59 am »

Apocalypse is someone who's been greatly underused and I guess Uncanny Avengers is a way to change that and get him out of the x-books( I don't read it ), it was a huge blessing that Hudlin used him for his HoM tie in as I always thought Apocalypse would see Wakanda as a huge threat since they fit his "survival of the fittest" mantra and would want to stamp them out

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 29, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »
Along those lines,  you would think Kang would love BP and Wakanda.  He loves fighting and beating the strong.  He'd want to prove himself against Wakanda.

Think about it;  he comes with future Wakandan tech.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 29, 2013, 04:01:44 pm »
I never thought Kang was a very interesting villain.  He came across as a sniveling snot with advanced toys until I saw how he was presented in the recent Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. That Kang might indeed be an interesting foe for T'Challa.

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 29, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »
I never thought Kang was a very interesting villain.  He came across as a sniveling snot with advanced toys until I saw how he was presented in the recent Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. That Kang might indeed be an interesting foe for T'Challa.

Peace,

Mont
even though I suggested him, it took me a long time to like the character. His costume is dorky looking and like you said, a sniveling snot but in the right hands you can be a strong villain. Kurt Busiek in one of his stories gave us a very military minded, strategic thinker.  He was someone only Captain America could out fight.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #1048 on: August 30, 2013, 08:58:59 am »

I have a platform for it, but my calendar is a little full until the end of 2014. :-(
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

I have a platform for it, but my calendar is a little full until the end of 2014. :-(

HAHAHAHA
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: