Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1077202 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1050 on: September 09, 2013, 01:54:38 pm »
I wonder if this means the outcome of BP's threat to kill Namor has been taken out of Hickman's hand.

http://www.newsarama.com/18870-invaders-inhuman-lead-all-new-marvel-now-lineup-this-winter.html

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1051 on: September 09, 2013, 02:50:59 pm »
I wonder if this means the outcome of BP's threat to kill Namor has been taken out of Hickman's hand.

http://www.newsarama.com/18870-invaders-inhuman-lead-all-new-marvel-now-lineup-this-winter.html

Good eye. Sad to say? You might be right.

Or...

...TChalla specified that when his needs have been satisfied, and he can indulge his wants? That's when he'll kill Namor. With INFINITY going on for 5 issues...that's 5 months...and the New Invaders facing a "God-controlling" weapon? TChalla needs to keep Namor alive.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 09, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »
Here is a question.  T'challa is king of the dead, right?  So what happens if Namor (or anyone really) kills him? Would he become more powerful?

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 09, 2013, 03:01:10 pm »

I don't think so. Personally I always thought it was going to be at the end of Hickmans run if it were to happen.

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 09, 2013, 03:02:40 pm »
Here is a question.  T'challa is king of the dead, right?  So what happens if Namor (or anyone really) kills him? Would he become more powerful?

No one knows b/c we don't know the extent or nature of Tchalla's new abilities We just have a cryptic(understandably) statement by Hickman that he is superhuman now. ANd maybe that one frame in AvX.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »

No one knows b/c we don't know the extent or nature of Tchalla's new abilities We just have a cryptic(understandably) statement by Hickman that he is superhuman now. ANd maybe that one frame in AvX.

What is this one frame in AvX?

I don't think so. Personally I always thought it was going to be at the end of Hickmans run if it were to happen.

That's a good point too. But didn't Hickman say that he has THREE YEARS worth of stories, or something like that?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 09, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »

What is this one frame in AvX?

That's a good point too. But didn't Hickman say that he has THREE YEARS worth of stories, or something like that?

Oh crap wait..who was the one that deflected that Phoenix attack Iron Fist or Tchalla? lol

Yes he said he has 36 issues or something like that of Avengers planned. I effectively look at it like a trilogy.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:57 pm »
Only that was before James Robinson came to Marvel with the Invaders. 

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 10, 2013, 12:49:28 pm »
If I was going to make a candid confession about how I feel about T'Challa's handling post AvX it would revolve around 60% approval of what Hickman has done to return T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda back to well deserved and long overdue prominence, 30% dissatisfaction with the lack of a solo book wherein T'Challa's thoughts on his personal future post Ororo as well as the future of Wakanda on the 616 MU international stage could be explored in depth and 10% annoyance at Hickman's failure to recognie that having T'Challa besting foes off panel is definitely not a good look for the character in light of the amount of hate he gets from hyper critical haters.

T'Challa needs a solo title wherein all of these disparate issues can be further expanded upon and it would be an added bonus if Marvel had the professional guts and certified stones to humble themselves and bring David Liss back to the table to redress the utter stupidity that guided they're decision to can the Black Panther monthly ongoing that Mr Liss wrote so well.

Such a move coupled with Jonathan Hickman's continued handling of T'Challa in the New Avengers book would ensure that there were at least two writers safeguarding T'Challa's trajectory and forward momentum whilst reducing the chances of other writers misusing T'Challa and generally crapping on the BP mythos.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject of T'Challa and his future in the 616 MU.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 11, 2013, 08:17:24 am »
I never expected or wanted T'Challa to "kill" Namor.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57:55 pm »
I never expected or wanted T'Challa to "kill" Namor.

I love you Princesa, and even though I wouldn't be surprised that Marvel would refuse to let TChalla kill Namor...I absolutely want TChalla to kill Namor. Mess up my country, causing thousands of fatalities? I gotta kill you. A whole lot. And I want you to bead in the worst way. And TChalla was written into a corner, once Namor screwed Wakanda. How could such a massive act of destruction and war be allowed to pass by the premier warrior of Earth's premier warriors?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11:28 pm »
Oh and btw, did yall see that episode where LL Cool J specifically mentions TChalla of Wakanda in NCIS L.A.?  I love it, I saw the episode.

http://ncis-los-angeles.hypnoweb.net/guide-episodes/saison-4/episode-423/script-vo-423.152.1894/

"...CALLEN: You're hungry. I know hypoglycemic-induced hostility when I see it.

SAM: I'm just thinking.

CALLEN: About what?

SAM: You want to know what I was thinking?

CALLEN: About eating?

SAM: I was thinking about Wakanda.

CALLEN: What is that, a camp in Wisconsin?

SAM: Seeing Abdul Habaza's picture reminded me of Moe and Jada, the time I spent in Chad and Sudan. I started thinking about Wakanda.

CALLEN: Where is Wakanda?

SAM: It's nowhere. It's a fictional African country. The most technically advanced society in the Marvel Universe. And the richest.

CALLEN: Hold on a second. In a comic book? You just geeked out on me in a real moment?

SAM: Hey, man, when I was a kid, comic books were the only thing that made sense. It was simple—good guys versus bad guys. For me it was all about T'Challa, the Black Panther.

CALLEN: Of course.

SAM: Not just 'cause he was a brother who was richer than Tony Stark. T'Challa was a leader, he was a president, he was a superhero all at the same time. He was all about justice. When I left Brooklyn, the only thing I wanted to see was the motherland and-and to witness that world up close. But instead of finding Wakanda, I found poverty, starvation, child soldiers, death squads.

CALLEN: Waaldt's bread and butter.

SAM: I thought I could save Moe. I really thought I could help Jada.

CALLEN: That whole motherland thing's overrated. I mean, look at me. I come from a line of blood-feuding gypsies who keep trying to kill me. How's that justice?..."
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 12, 2013, 01:58:20 am »
It's great that T'Challa got this mention on a big show like NCIS: LA. I wonder how much of that came from LL Cool J and not the writers? That being said, I found the conversation problematic because while it does a good job of describing T'Challa and complimenting the character it trashes Africa in the process. It reinforces many negative portrayals of the continent. Granted LL's character might not have been sent to the best places in Africa, but still I wish there had been a line or two in there about places that weren't infested with poverty, child soldiers, and the like.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:56 am »
SAM: You want to know what I was thinking?

CALLEN: About eating?

SAM: I was thinking about Wakanda.

CALLEN: What is that, a camp in Wisconsin?

SAM: Seeing Abdul Habaza's picture reminded me of Moe and Jada, the time I spent in Chad and Sudan. I started thinking about Wakanda.

CALLEN: Where is Wakanda?

SAM: It's nowhere. It's a fictional African country. The most technically advanced society in the Marvel Universe. And the richest.

CALLEN: Hold on a second. In a comic book? You just geeked out on me in a real moment?

SAM: Hey, man, when I was a kid, comic books were the only thing that made sense. It was simple—good guys versus bad guys. For me it was all about T'Challa, the Black Panther.

CALLEN: Of course.

SAM: Not just 'cause he was a brother who was richer than Tony Stark. T'Challa was a leader, he was a president, he was a superhero all at the same time. He was all about justice. When I left Brooklyn, the only thing I wanted to see was the motherland and-and to witness that world up close. But instead of finding Wakanda, I found poverty, starvation, child soldiers, death squads.

Wow.
That's a huge chunk of dialogue about Black Panther.
Not just a punch-line.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 12, 2013, 11:37:10 am »
Awesome pub for T'Challa, but I agree with the Emperor.  It's a shame that the story couldn't have been support for some of the progressive aspects of Africa which could lend credence to the ideal which is Wakanda.

Peace,

Mont