Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1081227 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1080 on: October 18, 2013, 07:57:16 am »
Proxima has a spear that turns into a energy beam that chases you around until it hits you.

Shuri has...a regular spear. And we've seen that Proxima is about as tough as Luke Cage.

Proxima isn't mocking Shuri because she is using a spear. She is mocking Shuri because she brought
a pointed stick to a death ray fight.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #1081 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:23 am »
How do you reload a spear once you have thrown it? ;)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1082 on: October 18, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »
Proxima has a spear that turns into a energy beam that chases you around until it hits you.

Shuri has...a regular spear. And we've seen that Proxima is about as tough as Luke Cage.

Proxima isn't mocking Shuri because she is using a spear. She is mocking Shuri because she brought
a pointed stick to a death ray fight.

EX
ZACTLY

RIGHT!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 18, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »
How do you reload a spear once you have thrown it? ;)

Proxima's worked like Thor's hammer.  It returns.

Plus high tech spears, which I think Wakanda should have, could fit energy bolts from their tips.  Realizing,  once you go high tech, there is no difference between a spear and a staff,  Atlanteans had ones that could take down Great White with a touch of the head.

Sure Wakanda should have other weapons like guns,  but like Thangar on Justice League cartoon, advance civilizations can make deadly powerful ancient weapons.  They just should be more than a pointy stick.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:56:03 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 18, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »
One should also note that the spear did more damage to her than any thing else.   If Shuri hit her head,  PM probably would have died.   If the spear worked like PM's, she would have been taken out by poison.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:57:02 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1085 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
Tchalla, Shuri and Wakanda all need to display advanced weaponry and equipment that matches their prominence on the world stage.  Visualize M"Baku entering  the fray with a battalion of these. Makes one want to re-think M'Baku's eschewing technology.

"Gorilla Bots", by Quentin Marmier
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 20, 2013, 07:29:03 am »
That's a great illustration!   Would love to see something like this transformed into a live-action demo.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1087 on: October 21, 2013, 10:57:42 am »
You're right about that Battle. The live action Black Panther is ripe for the picking.

One final comment on Wakanda's use of spears. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (a quality cartoon that expired way too prematurely) had the right idea in how it depicted Tchalla's energy daggers.

The Black Panther's energy daggers could also be used as a projectile and morf into a staff, with other possible applications. The spear should be depicted in a similar fashion. Shuri could have a shoulder mounted energy spear dispenser, something akin to what a Predator uses. This would go nicely with her armor.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1088 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:54 am »
While the Black Panther was neither on the cover of Infinity #5 nor mentioned in CBR's The Infinite War Report with Brevoort, he is without a doubt present in the upcoming issue. As he is front and center, I wonder if this battle is taking place in Wakanda? Do the Illuminati return just in time to help Wakandan forces repel the armies of Proxima Midnight? The second question remaining is; if this is true would Namor actually be engaged in the conflict? Guess we'll find out on the 30th.       

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 21, 2013, 02:18:57 pm »
Wait,  Maximus is with them?

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 21, 2013, 06:49:09 pm »
I thought this issue came out this week??

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1091 on: October 21, 2013, 07:17:08 pm »
Solicits stated the 30th Moose 100, I'll double check tomorrow.

Over at CBR , Shikidum posed an interesting question. "What do Wakandans think of US African Americans? "
I like this question. This was my reply.

First and foremost Wakandans would value the fact that American Afrakans writers like Priest, Hudlin, McDuffy and EJD chose to chronicle their leaders exploits. :smile:

Wakandans having a warrior's tradition of successfully fighting against would be conquerors would view American Afrakans as a strong and noble people; be supportive of their struggle and respectful of their accomplishments. They would be impressed with the fact that such a "minority" was capable of direct action on so many fronts to invoke their liberation from captivity. The revolts of Gabriel Prosser, Denmark Vesey, Nat Turner and the more than 250 other campaigns for freedom would fill the hearts of Hatut Zeraze. The Dora Milaje would praise the bravery of the thousands of American Afrakan women like Harriett Tubman and marvel at Celia’s Conspiracy, one example of the many slave revolts initiated by American Afrakan woman. The Black Panther would exalt the sovereign Maroon societies of Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina and Virginia.

Wakandans would bare witness to the significant political influence of the American Afrakan in the USA and the world, their remarkable discoveries and contributions in the fields of science, medicine and technology. The fact that there are over one hundred Historically Black Colleges and Universities. They would appreciate American Afrakans use of traditional spirituality; their Afrakan centeredness which earmarks much of their cultural autonomy. Wakandans would admire the American Afrakans contributions to the arts, fashion and music.

The Wakandans would be proud of their American Afrakan sisters and brothers.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1092 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:57 pm »
A little something from CBR's UltimateTy.

The fact that there is conversation about a Black Panther film, I guess, can be considered positive.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 23, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »
Damn Ture, you are the Man!  How did you get that page?

I'm all jacked up for I5 now!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1094 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »
Appreciate that Kimoyo.  I got the page from CBR's The Infinite War Report with Brevoort.

The "What do Wakandans think of US African Americans? " discussions continues over at CBR. Here in part is an update.

Whirlwind Dinamo had this to say

Well you need to put things in context, what I mean is politically, socially and cultural. I have friends who consider the term "African American" to be almost offensive, they seem themselves as American or Black Americans, they find the African thing a little disparaging, they are Americans not African first. You see everyone came from Africa, EVERYONE, Carthaginians, Egyptians, Moses which lead to the Christians, the Arabs, even the whiteman before they moved to regions in present day France, Armenian, Georgia, Britain, they were all African at one point in time...everyone has ancestry in Africa, EVERYONE. Through science today you can check people's family history DNA, most 'African-Americans' were thought to come only from a West African region where slaves were taken from what is now Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone but DNA tests are proving in ancestral bloods were mixed, "African-Americans" also have DNA markers showing roots as Europe, East Asia, West Africa, Native American (Indeigenours America)....so even as Slaves people were mixing with American Indian or Whites or people who had Chinese blood, this mixed root is almost in every black American's DNA, its almost impossible to find someone who is pure African unless they have just recently come to America from Congo or Nigeria or some place. I have a friend in NYC, he's not from Africa, he's from the United States of America but I'm sure there are people who for some reason want to label him, he has mixed Latino and African heritage, what should he be calling himself "Caribbean-American" maybe? Why not just American? what should Americans call French blacks who study in America? Why not just French?

In addition Whirlwind Dinamo added this.

let us not forget how Wakanda is historically wrote during the slaving years, they could have done something to prevent a horrible event in human history, instead they chose to live in an Island bubble away from international events, Wakanda could gloat smugly about how enlightened they all are, while people were dying and being slaved, Wakanda put on their oxygen masks, more or less lived in their cyrstal city on the Moon or Mars and protected their own. Vibranium and this idea of 'elite' and 'enlightened' has corrupted the Wakanda mind over time, maybe not as corrupt as Anthony Johnson but the corruption is there. Wakanda was playing a role here not directly but by closing their gates and blocking their ears.

Brandon McKinnis had this to say in reference to my post (reply #1091).

I think this is conflating two issues. They probably would appreciate the collective contributions of black Americans to the world, but I think they would take a seperate view of singular black Americans. I'm basing that opinion on the distrust shown for Monica Lynne, Kasper Cole, and Storm. I don't see them as having any great animosity towards black Americans in general, but the individual person is still going to be viewed as not Wakandan and therefore suspect.

My responses were as follows.

Whirlwind Dinamo, I have friends who also consider the term African American near insulting. They prefer the term Afrakan in America or just plain Afrakan. They view themselves as Afrakan first who have American citizenship by virtue of being born here.

While it is true that Afrakanity is responsible for the peopling of the Earth, those Afrakans that migrated out had to adapt to different environs and situations thus necessitating spiritual, genetic and cultural adaptations. These adaptations over thousands of years were effective enough to distinguish those who left from those who stayed.

The propaganda used to divide and supress Afrakans was not exclusive to only so called blacks. Germans and Jews, the Roma, so called Native Americans, Poles, Cambodians, many other Asians groups, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and other Hispanic and Latino groups have all been subject to some form of Willie Lynch.

I quote you.
most 'African-Americans' were thought to come only from a West African region where slaves were taken from what is now Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone

This very statement is problematic and edemic of the fact as it illustrates a fundamental propaganda technique. Slaves were not taken from Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, the Akan, the Ashanti, the Igbo, the Fulani, the Yoruba,the Temne, the Mende... Afrakans were taken form these places.

Why is race mixing so often seen as one sided. So some Afrakans have some mixed DNA. The same holds true for some American Indians, Whites, Chinese etc... They have Afrakan blood in them. I quote you again
its almost impossible to find someone who is pure African
In that case shouldn't it be equally as impossible to find Europeans of pure blood?

Why not be who we are? American Afrakan, Canadian Afrakan, British Afrakan, Jamaican Afrakan, Nigerian Afrakan, Angolan Afrakan or just plain Afrakan.

Wakandans did in fact help their fellow Afrakans to resist. Wakandans were shown fighting the slave trade. Wakandans attacked slave ships. They freed captive Afrakans and even took some of them back to  Wakanda. Instead of indicting Wakanda put the responsibilty were it belongs.The Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, and the Americans.

Brandon McKinnis I think the conflating of the issue goes without saying as it applies almost universally. During the European Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, Wakandans freed captive Afrakans and even took some of them back to  Wakanda.

Everett K. Ross (who actually became regent), Achebe (who became de facto leader). No outrage or uproar from the Wakandan populance on these two foreigners and there should have been. Captain America, Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos were treated well and they were invading the country. The Fantastic Four and their Future Foundation were very well received. The large contingent of non-Wakandan wedding guests didn't run into a problem. I don't even want to mention some Wakandans attitude towards Dr. Doom. In truth Brandon McKinnis, it all comes down to the perspective of the writer.

The end for now of my CBR update, however a question still lingers. Post his introduction, which series writer best captured the quintessential  Black Panther? McGregor, Kirby, Priest, Hudlin, Mayberry, Liss, Hickman, other? I don't mean aspects, but the consummate, the terminal Black Panther. Maximizing  the Panther to his logical conclusion.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:13:00 pm by Ture »