Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1091513 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1110 on: November 01, 2013, 07:31:37 pm »
Then what are you waiting for?  Priorities!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1111 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
Then what are you waiting for?  Priorities!

Hahahaha!!!

I purchased and devoured the book. This is going to be my 3rd time through it. Me love it. I will share my impressions of it shortly...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1112 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:05 pm »
Some Black Panther vids to pass the time until New Avengers #12.

BLACK PANTHER Movie . Does Marvel & Disney have a problem  (courtesy of CBR's FLEX HECTIC)

Why ANT-MAN Instead Of BLACK PANTHER? (courtesy of CBR's FLEX HECTIC)

Black Panther Capcom style by Arkady teaser

UPDATE

Found another one.

Shuri sparring with her big brother,T'Challa ...

I think you were right Kip about Lockjaw doing the teleporting.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:30:32 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1113 on: November 09, 2013, 04:40:41 pm »
Some Black Panther vids to pass the time until New Avengers #12.

BLACK PANTHER Movie . Does Marvel & Disney have a problem  (courtesy of CBR's FLEX HECTIC)

http://youtu.be/rtEjgYfSOGs

Why ANT-MAN Instead Of BLACK PANTHER? (courtesy of CBR's FLEX HECTIC)

http://youtu.be/CWZI01gjqoQ

Black Panther Capcom style by Arkady teaser

http://youtu.be/LNPuRJEbL3s

UPDATE

Found another one.

Shuri sparring with her big brother,T'Challa ...

http://youtu.be/ef354nSsuYs

I think you were right Kip about Lockjaw doing the teleporting.

+1!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 10, 2013, 07:26:39 am »

Good gosh, that's an amazing drawing of Thanos!
Mike Deodato Jr. has done it the way George Perez used to do it back-in-th'-day!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:53 am »

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 21, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »

Good gosh, that's an amazing drawing of Thanos!
Mike Deodato Jr. has done it the way George Perez used to do it back-in-th'-day!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49296

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 21, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49296

I see your Jim Starlin and raise you 1 George Perez!  :)

Yes, Mike Deodato has re-drawn a panel from Jim Starlin (the inker is Pablo Marcos, I can tell by just lookin at it) but George Perez can do it. too.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 21, 2013, 11:51:20 pm »

Hmmm, interesting preview page.

T'Challa casually swatting aside a Hatut Zeraze with one backhander is impressive and (suprisingly) done on panel which makes a change for Jonathan Hickman as this clearly illustrates that T'Challa's physical strength is definitely in the superhuman range.

It would have been nice for Hickman to have shown T'Challa's Battle with Black Dwarf on panel as was the case in the recent issue of Avengers where Black Dwarf was one shot crushed by a Ronan The Accuser delivered hammerblow to the cranium.

That's how you show a character getting beat down so it's a bit of a piss take that Hickman did not accord T'Challa the same on panel pugilistic respect.

Nevertheless, the good news comes with the revelation that though their outer wall was breached, Wakanda still stands which is definitely cause to celebrate for any true fan of the Black Panther mythos and cause to lament and stay hating for the confirmed haters of T'Challa and Shuri as characters and Wakanda as a concept.

They get the gas face and middle finger all rolled into one.

Frak them all to hell.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 22, 2013, 02:15:00 pm »
I wonder what Shuri's reply will be? She looks at her men and at her brother like she is deciding something.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 22, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »
I wonder what Shuri's reply will be? She looks at her men and at her brother like she is deciding something.

I'm Shuri will have something to say because after all's said and done T'Challa should have told her what was going on with the Illuminati especially since he invited a wanted war criminal onto Wakandan soil.

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 22, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »
I think that was a theme of Avengers 23 and will be a theme of this next NA issue in that the people that surround the Illuminati(like Cap in #23) are getting whiffs of what is actually going on.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1122 on: November 22, 2013, 09:31:31 pm »
The previews for New Avengers #12 have certainly whetted my appetite for all things Black Panther.

While I will reserve commenting until the issue has been read, I am most curious about the Black Panthers and their Wakanda post Infinity.

The second image should have been first but aesthetically I preferred viewing Tchalla first.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:37:02 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 22, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »
Well, I'm choosing to post the scans in their proper sequence because though T'Challa remains important, I'm more interested in seeing where Hickman is planning to take Shuri as a character.

T'Challa regardless of whatever he may think, is still residing upon Wakandan soil and as such, had no business keeping secrets from his sister especially where Namor and the Infinity Gems were concerned.

If he'd kept her in the loop she would have at least had a clearer idea as to what was ae stake and prepared accordingly.

It was T'Challa's giving the Avengers refuge in Wakanda during AvX that led to Namor's near genocidal attack on the nations sovereign soil and it's T'Challa's invitating the Illuminati into Wakanda via the backdoor of the Necropolis, that led to Thanos and his death merchants visiting war upon Wakanda once again leading to the loss of many lives.

At what point will T'Challa be portrayed taking responsibility for his many mistakes as regards always seeming to put the interests of outsiders before those of his fellow Wakandans?

These are questions that really need answering as the New Avengers storyline continues apace and I for one, believe that the time was never righter for a Black Panther monthly ongoing being launched to provide a proper forum for these issues to be examined in more detail.

T'Challa backhanding the Hatut Zeraze trooper for questioning his courage isn't the kind of thing I'd expect from a character of his standing especially as T'Challa hasn't really been shown really putting his foot down in proper defence of Wakandan needs for quite sometime now.

The fact that he went running off to deal with someone elses problem in the aftermath of Doomwar rather than staying home to help with the rebuilding of Wakandanwould have made anyone giving him the side eye let alone Wakandans who have grown fed up with the spectacle of a T'Challa seemingly more invested in the concerns of the West than that of the people he's supposed to really be looking after.

I know these characters don't write themselves but sometimes, it really pays to sit back and really analyze what's going on with most of them and the writers who weave their own particular worldview perspectives into the characters storylines.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 23, 2013, 04:40:25 am »
It was T'Challa's giving the Avengers refuge in Wakanda during AvX that led to Namor's near genocidal attack on the nations sovereign soil and it's T'Challa's invitating the Illuminati into Wakanda via the backdoor of the Necropolis, that led to Thanos and his death merchants visiting war upon Wakanda once again leading to the loss of many lives.

Actually Thanos came partially because Shuri destroyed Atlantis.  Namor was so devastated that he told Thanos' commander that what they sought was in Wakanda.  If she had agreed to the peace offering from Namor, he would never have surrendered that information and lie.   Without that lie Thanos might have waited till later to invade and Thanos initial attacks had nothing to do with the Illuminati's actions.  Thanks attacked initially looking for his son and the stones that the previous Illumunati collected.   BP was not one of them.