Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Forever King - Chadwick Boseman - My STA Interview  (Read 1308727 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2310 on: April 07, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »
Okay we'll see how it goes...which was a foregone conclusion anyway. If you're right, Salustrade? We'll know. Before the year's out, in fact, we will know. SECRET WARS starts in May. Battleworld starts next May or June in 2016. We'll know way before then.

I bet that by issue 8 of Secret Wars we will have TONS more information than we have now; making our whole spirited debate and discussion pretty pointless. Interesting and fun during the time we had the debate, but basically...feckless and clueless.

Doc Doom plays a big role in Secret Wars? Not surprised. He played a humongous role in the first Secret Wars, too. Moreso than any single character. But. The song and dance continues with Battleworld. It's Battleworld which is the real monster; the final saga prior to the launch of the new MU. That's where TChalla will shine and really shine in the new MU.

Look at the movies. Avengers Infinity War after Hickman's Infinity War. Etc etc. Despite some recent energetic declamations by MU, it really seems like the cinema universe and the MU comic universe are aligning. They are clearly clearly without real dispute heavily inspiring and influencing each other...and the MU cinema heads admit that.

I think that Wakanda will be in the movies and that...if it is destroyed...it will probably be destroyed either by Ultron or during the Avengers INFINITY WARS two part movie thing that The Russo Brothers are heading.

Black Panther will be in those INFINITY WARS movies. And all The Avengers stuff, too. I actually think that Spidey should be there with The Avengers too, but...that's another topic.

BP will also have his own trilogy. Setting BP's movies in a place other than Wakanda won't be  very sensible, although it does place him closer and in the thick of things with The Avengers on a day to day basis. However, it removes the distinction of the character and makes stories a little harder to tell in the DISTINCTION phase. It's okay for Cap and Spidey an Iron Man and The Avengers to be based in NYC, but not TChalla.

TChalla being based in Wakanda has always been a issue in the MU, and nobody really found a slick way to permanently fix that. But leave it to the Black writers to create a slick way to address both. Maybe the BP cinema research team will take a flyer from RH and CJP.

CJP and RH addressed this mixed response to Wakanda by sometimes having TChalla based in The Wakandan Embassy; one of which is in NYC. That Wakandan Embassy thing neatly skirts a lot of stuff. Keeps Wakanda real and valuable while solidly cementing BP in NYC for American moviegoers to identify with. And allat stuff.

We'll see what Hickman's legacy will really be. Calling it efoe it's done? Unwise. Hickman already showed...many times...how often we and you Salustrade and most of us period...get faked out by his long game storywriting and KAPOW he hits us with something we never saw coming and/or never guessed/lost hope that such and such would happen
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:32:34 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 08, 2015, 04:21:41 am »
Eh, Bendis (or the artist) having T'challa break his neck while falling is worse than anything Hickman does.   Not only does he reduce T'challa to the level of Canonfodder, but he had him fail in the most basic and know of his powers-agility.   

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 08, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »
Eh, Bendis (or the artist) having T'challa break his neck while falling is worse than anything Hickman does.   Not only does he reduce T'challa to the level of Canonfodder, but he had him fail in the most basic and know of his powers-agility.

I absolutely postitvely agree. That mess was stupid beyond imagining. A clear diss to BP from Bendis.

And. Let's not forget that TChalla's habit is made of vibranium. Falling won't hurt because his vibranium will absorbe the kinetic energy of the impact.  Also? Ultron's light based and EMS [ Electromagnetic Spectrum ] based attacks won't work because TChalla's habit is specifically treated to defeat those attacks. That's why CJP didn't have Iron Man attack TChalla with real repulsor rays because the would have been ineffective.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 08, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »

The fact that Hickman has portrayed T'Challa as the tactical buffoon responsible for Wakanda's demise as well as cheerleader/backing singer to Reed Richards within New Avengers for close to three years now trumps whatever Bendis did in ONE issue of Age of Ultron.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 08, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »
It may not surprise that I side with Salustrade on this.  Bendis' misuse of T'Challa in AOU was so contemptibly ridiculous that it is easy to ignore, much like his Age of Ultron.

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 08, 2015, 05:51:51 pm »

The fact that Hickman has portrayed T'Challa as the tactical buffoon responsible for Wakanda's demise as well as cheerleader/backing singer to Reed Richards within New Avengers for close to three years now trumps whatever Bendis did in ONE issue of Age of Ultron.

Reed is the first hero of the modern Marvel Age.  (His family are basically his side kicks)  Correctly written,  he belongs to the mold of Doc Savage, not the absent minded professor.  He is the smartest man on earth, and that is not just limited to the sciences.

His tactical mind had been proven over and over again.   The FF is one of the weakest teams out there and they constantly defeat forces far beyond their power level and that is all because of Reed's scientific and tactical mind.

Second to Reed is not an insult.   Written correctly Reed is that good. 

When Hickman makes Reed second to a toddler, that is an insult.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 08, 2015, 06:02:56 pm »
Something I noticed today,  the characters that suffered the most under Hickman-BP, Namor, BB and Doctor Strange, are all characters that he had total control over.   Cap, Tony and Beast all have their own titles or belong to other titles.   But the homes that were destroyed --Wakanda, Atilian, Atlantis- are the nation's he controlled.

The reason T'challa has lost more than Cap or Reed is because,  Hickman can't kill those supporting casts because someone  else controls them.  (BB now has that protection too since Inhumans got necessary to Marvel and they got their own title.   That might be the only reason Medusa lives. )
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:05:44 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 08, 2015, 06:40:22 pm »

Reed is the first hero of the modern Marvel Age.  (His family are basically his side kicks)  Correctly written,  he belongs to the mold of Doc Savage, not the absent minded professor.  He is the smartest man on earth, and that is not just limited to the sciences.

His tactical mind had been proven over and over again.   The FF is one of the weakest teams out there and they constantly defeat forces far beyond their power level and that is all because of Reed's scientific and tactical mind.

The difference between me and you is that I would never seek to justify the dumbing down of one character to prop another which is why you'd be hard pressed to find any posts from me denigrating Reed Richards or his recognized attributes.

Unfortunately, where T'Challa is concerned, there are many who see no problem downgrading his character or having play 2nd, 3rd or 8th fiddle behind everyone else despite the fact that when he was created in 1966 by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee he was launched as an intellectual on par with reed Richards and second to no one.

What is it about T'Challa as a character that has even some of his supposed fans so quick to cape for writers who take great pride in watering down his attributes?

I find it most puzzling.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 08, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »
Something I noticed today,  the characters that suffered the most under Hickman-BP, Namor, BB and Doctor Strange, are all characters that he had total control over.   Cap, Tony and Beast all have their own titles or belong to other titles.   But the homes that were destroyed --Wakanda, Atilian, Atlantis- are the nation's he controlled.

The reason T'challa has lost more than Cap or Reed is because,  Hickman can't kill those supporting casts because someone  else controls them.  (BB now has that protection too since Inhumans got necessary to Marvel and they got their own title.   That might be the only reason Medusa lives. )

It's funny how this theory of yours doesn't seem to affect Doom who doesn't have his own title and is not being used anywhere else outside of Hickman's current storyline.

Next excuse.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 08, 2015, 06:46:17 pm »

It's funny how this theory of yours doesn't seem to affect Doom who doesn't have his own title and is not being used anywhere else outside of Hickman's current storyline.

Next excuse.

Actually Doom is controlled by FF writers.  He can't do anything they don't let him.   Latveria and Doom has been a major factor in the FF title as Doom is raising Reed's daughter.    Plus Doom isn't part of the Illuminati.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:24:58 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 08, 2015, 06:53:23 pm »

The difference between me and you is that I would never seek to justify the dumbing down of one character to prop another which is why you'd be hard pressed to find any posts from me denigrating Reed Richards or his recognized attributes.

Unfortunately, where T'Challa is concerned, there are many who see no problem downgrading his character or having play 2nd, 3rd or 8th fiddle behind everyone else despite the fact that when he was created in 1966 by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee he was launched as an intellectual on par with reed Richards and second to no one.

What is it about T'Challa as a character that has even some of his supposed fans so quick to cape for writers who take great pride in watering down his attributes?

I find it most puzzling.

Two reasons,  until the story is done we don't know what we are seeing yet.   Last page I read Namor shows up with BB as Reed's surprise.  What if all or some of what we have seen between BP and Namor was staging And nothing is real?  It may not be,  but until it is over it is still in play.

Two good story writing puts the heroes through hell  and didn't have then operating at their best asl the time.

Three,  I can seperate the parts I like from the parts I don't like and still enjoy the story.   i like stories of massive destruction.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 08, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

Like I said, more excuses.

Next excuse.

Next excuse.

Actually Doom is controlled by FF writers.  He can't do anything they don't let him.   Latveria and Doom has been a major factor in the FF title as Doom is raising Reed's daughter.    Plus Doom isn't part of the Illuminati.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 08, 2015, 06:57:08 pm »

I find it most puzzling.

Two reasons,  until the story is done we don't know what we are seeing yet.   Last page I read Namor shows up with BB as Reed's surprise.  What if all or some of what we have seen between BP and Namor was staging And nothing is real?  It may not be,  but until it is over it is still in play.

Two good story writing puts the heroes through hell  and didn't have then operating at their best asl the time.

Three,  I can seperate the parts I like from the parts I don't like and still enjoy the story.   i like stories of massive destruction.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 11, 2015, 11:09:44 pm »

I find it most puzzling.

Three, I can seperate the parts I like from the parts I don't like and still enjoy the story.   i like stories of massive destruction.

Excellent response.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 12, 2015, 03:55:45 am »

I find it most puzzling.

Does anything you've typed here change the fact that Hickman has written T'Challa as a tactical failure across the freaking board?

No it doesn't but hey, if Hickman's take on T'Challa is what floats your boat, more power to you.

I on the otherhand, expect better and unlike some, see no reason to settle foer scraps from massa's table.