Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN  (Read 1127496 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2430 on: May 27, 2015, 08:26:03 pm »
Ok... when I say uberprep king that Priest added I am talking about his room of files to deal with every problem that could possibly come up.  That is uberprep.  Normal genius prep is planning how to solve a current situation problem like when he prepared traps for the FF in his first appearance.  The Priest version would have made those plans ten years prior to the event. 

COMPLETE COSIGN

And if we take SI's take on things,  those plans are perfect and will actually always work.   That is where I take issue,  never we have not actually seem him use enough of these plans to prove they work consistently.  That is why I don't think people see him as prep-king SI keeps describing, because it hasn't happened enough to make his defining characteristic.

I don't think that TChalla's plans are flawless. I made that point when I said that TChalla can be defeated. However. TChalla's plans are very very very reliable. Very. Reliable. And Hickman hasn't brought that out in this story. I completely understand; there wasn't enough time to explore all the twists and turns, moves counters and countermoves that the massively powerful massively gifted supremely arrogant Illuminati would bust out. However. A more formidably written Illuminati...not just TChalla, but ILLUMINATI...would make the menace of the foes they face and the emotional heft of their eventual failure all the more palpable and heavy in impact.

But true, we haven't gotten to see enough of normal regular prep type work like we see with Reed or Steve; he is always playing second to someone.  He's never the one in charge of making these plans when he stands among a gathering of heroes.  And that's why people don't see him that way; because they don't get any real repeated opportunity to see his mind at work.

COSIGN.

But.

Who is an author that Marvel should have be the BP scribe, and rectify the issues and missteps that we see above? Besides RH and Priest? Someone who can make sales happen? Someone who can take the Battleworld and/or post Battleworld BP, incorporate the best of Priest, RH, Liss and Hickman BP and add their own reader grabbing innovative sales poppin spin? Who we could trust to write a BLACK Panther? Grevioux?

Would anybody here trust Ellis with BP? Or Millar? I like both of them. They wouldn't write a BLACK Panther, they would write a black panther, if I can use italics to metaphorically make my point. Despite their drastically different styles, I think each could write a potent, innovative BP. And it would sell well. Especially if they were paired with superstar artists for 2 years. And kept the story of BP linked to The Various Avengers, Fantastic Four, Moon Knight, Brother Voodoo [ isn't he with an Avengers team or Defenders or something? ] and...other solo heroes and groups. For periodic cross overs and guest shots in each other's books. Arcs n stuff.

Where da hell is Blade at? RH had the master stroke of having FOUR THE HARD WAY. That really really really should be built on, and it's still my favorite arc of his. And. We need. Absolutely must have. Blue Marvel and BP workin it out in a arc. That is a DOOOOPE team up. I don't believe for one second that they haven't worked together before, and don't know each other. In my fanfic, it's revealed that TChalla never lost sight of Blue Marvel, and they are fast friends.

You know who's a WHITE author who I think would write an EXCELLENT TChalla? Geoff Johns. He could smash a series. Is he still with DC, or is he jumping ship along with many of those other writers due to how sucktastic DC Editorial can be?

You know who else is a White author who I think...if properly motivated...could write a good Panther yarn? Frank Miller.

And the brilliant. Underrated. Peter Anthony David. And Mark Waid. And. Maybe. Just maybe. Matt Fraction. Remember Scott Snyder from DC? Wrote Nightwing? Innovated The Owls? Wrote other dope stuff? He could get it in pretty good on BP. And the guy who wrote the indie story NINJAK.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »
Geoff Jones would be a good writer for Panther, but he's not leaving DC. I think he's in charge of their Entertainment Division or something now.

Frank Miller I think is off his rocker. I don't want to see what he would do with BP.

Warren Ellis rubbed me wrong with his depiction of Africa in one of the X-Men comics. So I can pass on him.

Mark Millar, I'm not sure what you would get with him. It could be jewels or garbage.

I thought Judd Winick did a decent job writing Batwing. I haven't read Joshua Dysart's Unknown Soldier, but that seemed to be well received.

I liked Jeff Lemire's take on Green Arrow. I think he could do a good job with BP perhaps.

I wonder what some of the Valiant writers might be able to do with BP.

I wouldn't mind seeing where Mark Waid would take the character. I'm not necessarily on board with his Daredevil take, but still if he wants to do BP I say give him a chance.

As for black writers, David Walker is taken with Cyborg. Mat Johnson has impressed me with his Papa Midnite graphic novel and some of his original work. I would like to see sci-fi writer Steven Barnes take a crack at BP. Maybe John Ridley, though his respectability politics rant a few years ago in GQ I think turned me off him a little bit. I'm curious to see where our own Redjack would take the character.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:13:03 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2432 on: May 28, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »
Marvel Preview: Secret Wars #3

Marvel Comics has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive preview of Secret Wars #3, the next chapter in Marvelís universe-reshaping mega-event.

From writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic, Secret Wars #3 continues to explore Battleworld, where Doom is God-King, and Doctor Strange is tasked with upholding his sacred law. As seen in the preview below, Strange may also be the only person on Battleworld, besides Doom, who remembers what came before.

Check out the preview
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/28/exclusive-marvel-preview-secret-wars-3/#Image4

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)
Publisher: MARVEL COMICS
(W) Jonathan Hickman (A) Esad Ribic (CA) Alex Ross

From his use of the Purple Man to conquer the world; to using Galactus' tech to swipe the Beyonder's power; Doom continues to demonstrate what the right writer can do for a character if they stay true to the character's reason for being. However in regards to Tchalla's interaction with Victor this has become nauseating. From Maberry to Hickman, Doomfest continues. In the future I hope Tchalla and company can avoid being Doom fodder at such festivities.

Ending on a happy note...

courtesy of CBR's Ekie
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 28, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »

Marvel Comics has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive preview of Secret Wars #3, the next chapter in Marvelís universe-reshaping mega-event.

From writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic, Secret Wars #3 continues to explore Battleworld, where Doom is God-King, and Doctor Strange is tasked with upholding his sacred law. As seen in the preview below, Strange may also be the only person on Battleworld, besides Doom, who remembers what came before.

Check out the preview

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)

From his use of the Purple Man to conquer the world; to using Galactus' tech to swipe the Beyonder's power; Doom continues to demonstrate what the right writer can do for a character if they stay true to the character's reason for being. However in regards to Tchalla's interaction with Victor this has become nauseating. From Maberry to Hickman, Doomfest continues. In the future I hope Tchalla and company can avoid being Doom fodder at such festivities.

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

LOOOVE the costume. Livin LARPer, lol. Now, to read everyone's excellent posts...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 28, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »
Geoff Jones would be a good writer for Panther, but he's not leaving DC. I think he's in charge of their Entertainment Division or something now.

Frank Miller I think is off his rocker. I don't want to see what he would do with BP.

Warren Ellis rubbed me wrong with his depiction of Africa in one of the X-Men comics. So I can pass on him.

Mark Millar, I'm not sure what you would get with him. It could be jewels or garbage.

I thought Judd Winick did a decent job writing Batwing. I haven't read Joshua Dysart's Unknown Soldier, but that seemed to be well received.

I liked Jeff Lemire's take on Green Arrow. I think he could do a good job with BP perhaps.

I wonder what some of the Valiant writers might be able to do with BP.

I wouldn't mind seeing where Mark Waid would take the character. I'm not necessarily on board with his Daredevil take, but still if he wants to do BP I say give him a chance.

As for black writers, David Walker is taken with Cyborg. Mat Johnson has impressed me with his Papa Midnite graphic novel and some of his original work. I would like to see sci-fi writer Steven Barnes take a crack at BP. Maybe John Ridley, though his respectability politics rant a few years ago in GQ I think turned me off him a little bit. I'm curious to see where our own Redjack would take the character.

Emperor. Thou hast royally schooled me. I didn't even know there were that many Black writers in comics. I don't recognize more than half of the Black scribes you mentioned. I vaguely recall Pap Midnite. I might have seen the name John Ridley. I never heard of Steven Barnes. Or David Walker. Or Jeff Lemier or Lemire or whatever.

Judd Winick DID do a good job on Batwing. Good point. I wouldn't be too apprehensive if he took the controls for BP for a little while.

And I think almost all of HEF loves REDJACK. He'd do a great job.

Which means that the good writers won't be given BP to rock.

Do you think that Marvel will give BP the solo comic a push commiserate with the effort it's putting behind BP the cinematic property?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:49:31 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:56 pm »

Check out the preview

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

If Doom and Strange are the only beings on Battleworld that recall the previous reality, then Reed and everybody else...including TChalla...won't remember it, either.

This right here is a very clear set up. The Beyonders let Doom survive and make Battleworld. It somehow furthers or doesn't endanger their plan. I am officially lost and have no idea what the End Game might be. Or how Doom the God-King factors into it.

Unless The Beyonders want to allow this Battleworld experiment to be the new seed for the new MCU. Which seems to be exactly the case for the setup of the current situation. I wonder how the heroes will one up The Beyonders?

They probably won't. They'll probably have to settle for one upping Doom.

Has Thanos survived? If so...he might remember everything. And give Doom hell.

There is so much potential in this totally new set up. It's an incredible opportunity for the MCU.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 29, 2015, 05:35:07 am »
I'm curious to see where our own Redjack would take the character.
For an idea of where Redjack does his writing is to pick up Prodigal Egg of First Light. That is a great read. http://www.amazon.com/Prodigal-Egg-Of-First-Light/dp/1934944149

I had the time of my life reading that book
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:37:04 am by BmoreAkuma »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2437 on: May 29, 2015, 01:08:35 pm »
The thing with the Black Panther is to go forward. There is no undoing the utter decimation of Wakanda, the Black Panther's empty death threats and the senseless killing of Shuri (not to mention Uncle S'Yan, Zuri and Wakabi); the shameful and utter dismantling of the Black Panther and Storm's marriage and relationship, Namor's inundation of Wakanda and the debacle that was Doomwar. While a good writer could negate these acts or simply ignore them, the fact these occurrences made print says it all.

There is no going back and remaking the Black Panther in the image he was originally conceived to be. All we have witnessed thus far are at best peeks into his potential and at worst, the dismissal and deconstruction of said potential. The clarion call is not for new writers, especially just for the sake of them being quote unquote good so called white writers; nor should it be for said writers to be employed simply to ensure sales.

The clarion call is for a well researched and passionate writer working with an inspired artist, both of whom are assisted by a dedicated editorial team supported by intense marketing. Comic book companies (Marvel and DC) in general and Black Panther specifically have become too formulaic. The company formula: the cross over event and the reboot. The killing, race lifting and outing of characters. The Black Panther formula: consistent disenfranchisement from his defining traits.

The Marvel comic book universe use to represent diversity in terms of its character. Every major character had a distinct voice and circumstances that defined their heroism. Look at the range between characters that is now so absent. Black Panther and Luke Cage, Spider-man and Iron Man, Daredevil and Blackbolt, She Hulk and Storm, Black Widow and Ms Marvel, Shang Chi and Falcon, White Tiger and Ghost Rider, Monica Rambeau and Medusa, Red Wolf and Brother Voodoo, Wolverine and Northstar, Dr Strange and Ben Grim, Sue Storm and Wonder Man.

To identify what this means to Tchalla and the loss he has suffered just read Priest's entire run of BP up to #49. Read Hudlin's The Bride and Civil War trade paperbacks and Dickey's Storm to witness the potential that was squandered. A character's integrity is an expensive commodity. The writer has to be willing to pay that price. What does it service the Black Panther to be a so called black Batman? Thor doesn't suffer such detracting labeling in deference to Superman.

Without a doubt there are plenty of good writers out there; but who among them is willing to write an Afrakan centered ongoing about an Afrakan polymath, who lives in a magical, futuristic city in Afraka, having romantic relationships with Afrakan women, while manipulating others to help him save the world? Who out there is ready for this?
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 29, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »

Check out the preview

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

If Doom and Strange are the only beings on Battleworld that recall the previous reality, then Reed and everybody else...including TChalla...won't remember it, either.

This right here is a very clear set up. The Beyonders let Doom survive and make Battleworld. It somehow furthers or doesn't endanger their plan. I am officially lost and have no idea what the End Game might be. Or how Doom the God-King factors into it.

Unless The Beyonders want to allow this Battleworld experiment to be the new seed for the new MCU. Which seems to be exactly the case for the setup of the current situation. I wonder how the heroes will one up The Beyonders?

There is so much potential in this totally new set up. It's an incredible opportunity for the MCU.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 29, 2015, 03:29:48 pm »
The thing with the Black Panther is to go forward. There is no undoing the utter decimation of Wakanda, the Black Panther's empty death threats and the senseless killing of Shuri (not to mention Uncle S'Yan, Zuri and Wakabi); the shameful and utter dismantling of the Black Panther and Storm's marriage and relationship, Namor's inundation of Wakanda and the debacle that was Doomwar. While a good writer could negate these acts or simply ignore them, the fact these occurrences made print says it all.

There is no going back and remaking the Black Panther in the image he was originally conceived to be. All we have witnessed thus far are at best peeks into his potential and at worst, the dismissal and deconstruction of said potential. The clarion call is not for new writers, especially just for the sake of them being quote unquote good so called white writers; nor should it be for said writers to be employed simply to ensure sales.

The clarion call is for a well researched and passionate writer working with an inspired artist, both of whom are assisted by a dedicated editorial team supported by intense marketing. Comic book companies (Marvel and DC) in general and Black Panther specifically have become too formulaic. The company formula: the cross over event and the reboot. The killing, race lifting and outing of characters. The Black Panther formula: consistent disenfranchisement from his defining traits.

The Marvel comic book universe use to represent diversity in terms of its character. Every major character had a distinct voice and circumstances that defined their heroism. Look at the range between characters that is now so absent. Black Panther and Luke Cage, Spider-man and Iron Man, Daredevil and Blackbolt, She Hulk and Storm, Black Widow and Ms Marvel, Shang Chi and Falcon, White Tiger and Ghost Rider, Monica Rambeau and Medusa, Red Wolf and Brother Voodoo, Wolverine and Northstar, Dr Strange and Ben Grim, Sue Storm and Wonder Man.

To identify what this means to Tchalla and the loss he has suffered just read Priest's entire run of BP up to #49. Read Hudlin's The Bride and Civil War trade paperbacks and Dickey's Storm to witness the potential that was squandered. A character's integrity is an expensive commodity. The writer has to be willing to pay that price. What does it service the Black Panther to be a so called black Batman? Thor doesn't suffer such detracting labeling in deference to Superman.

Without a doubt there are plenty of good writers out there; but who among them is willing to write an Afrakan centered ongoing about an Afrakan polymath, who lives in a magical, futuristic city in Afraka, having romantic relationships with Afrakan women, while manipulating others to help him save the world? Who out there is ready for this?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 29, 2015, 03:58:01 pm »

Check out the preview

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

OK... My understanding is that Red Capes  means the same thing as Red Shirts in Star Trek; people who are basically canon fodder.  I can't figure out how canon fodder fits.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 29, 2015, 04:04:27 pm »

Check out the preview

Secret Wars #3 (of 8)

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

OK... My understanding is that Red Capes  means the same thing as Red Shirts in Star Trek; people who are basically canon fodder.  I can't figure out how canon fodder fits.

Are you familiar with the term "caping"?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: May 29, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »
Ahh... No.

Red Capes refer to knights in Merlin who always get killed like Red Shirts on the Orginal Star Trek so when I see a red cape I thought you have been calling someone canon fodder.  Hmmm.... That changes all the times you have used this before.

Caping.... The only definition I found says calling means wearing a cape out in public or making a dramatic entrance or exit off enclosed space.  Still not sure how that would fit so must be another definition.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:57:21 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 29, 2015, 04:29:38 pm »
Ahh... No.

Red Capes refer to knights in Merlin who always get killed like Red Shirts on the Orginal Star Trek so when I see a red cape I thought you have been calling someone canon fodder.  Hmmm.... That changes all the times you have used this before.

Caping.... The only definition I found says calling means wearing a cape out in public or making a dramatic entrance or exit off enclosed space.  Still not sure how that would fit so mu ;Dst ;D be another definition.

Caping is the slang term for blindly defending the indefensible.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 29, 2015, 04:58:32 pm »
so mu ;Dst ;D be another definition.

What in the world did autocorrect do to the word "must'?