Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1351512 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2940 on: October 20, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »
Killmonger. His whole deal is that TChalla never beat him. The weilder of The Infinity Gauntlet lost to Rasta Roids? Nah. His deal has to be more than that. And in my fanfic, Njadaka Eric Killmonger is much more than that. Eric, among other things, used his post as Panther Regent to synthesize a non lethal version of the HSH. He has given the SHSH ( Synthetic Heart Shaped Herb ) to a host of people...but those who take the most potent SHSH become his minions. A small army of super powered minions sharing some of Kasper Cole's abilities. He's also offering to sell his SHSH to people like Baron Mordo, Diablo, Fu Manchu aka Han,the Hand, various vodun  foes of Doctor Voodoo, Hydra, etc.              Supreme

That'll work Brother Supreme.

The Black Panther never defeating Killmonger is a tagline Priest gave to Killmonger as a successful attempt at strengthening the character. There is evidence to the contrary however.

Undisputed defeat of Killmonger

Physically won the fight

For all intents and purposes was not dominated physically and clearly had the upper hand until distracted

Killmonger makes sense if a villain is to be the antagonist of the hero. Re-envisioning him as an intellectual peer in some respect to Tchalla seems only logical. Klaw and Killmonger should be genius level intellects.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2941 on: October 20, 2015, 02:12:18 pm »
BLACK PANTHER SIGHTINGS!!!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: October 20, 2015, 04:23:06 pm »
Killmonger. His whole deal is that TChalla never beat him. The weilder of The Infinity Gauntlet lost to Rasta Roids? Nah. His deal has to be more than that. And in my fanfic, Njadaka Eric Killmonger is much more than that. Eric, among other things, used his post as Panther Regent to synthesize a non lethal version of the HSH. He has given the SHSH ( Synthetic Heart Shaped Herb ) to a host of people...but those who take the most potent SHSH become his minions. A small army of super powered minions sharing some of Kasper Cole's abilities. He's also offering to sell his SHSH to people like Baron Mordo, Diablo, Fu Manchu aka Han,the Hand, various vodun  foes of Doctor Voodoo, Hydra, etc.              Supreme

That'll work Brother Supreme.

The Black Panther never defeating Killmonger is a tagline Priest gave to Killmonger as a successful attempt at strengthening the character. There is evidence to the contrary however.

Undisputed defeat of Killmonger

Physically won the fight

For all intents and purposes was not dominated physically and clearly had the upper hand until distracted

Killmonger makes sense if a villain is to be the antagonist of the hero. Re-envisioning him as an intellectual peer in some respect to Tchalla seems only logical. Klaw and Killmonger should be genius level intellects.

Interesting.. I always thought that Killmonger had never been defeated by T'Challa in a physical conflict. You know i actually think it is better how it was shown in Iron man, I always thought it was a little cheesy how BP couldn't beat him, it would be better if everytime they fought, it was a long, slow affair in which by the end of it, both are fully exhausted and weakened from the fight and both of them taking victories, Killmonger's Niche is that he is the only opponent to push T'challa to the limits of his being.

Killmonger and Klaw being genius level intellects also works great too, with each of them requiring something of T'Challa. Killmonger requiring T'Challa to push the physical limits, and Klaw requiring him to push the technical limits (since that seems to be the only way to destroy him) seems appropriate.

Achebe is like the joker causing all types of mayhem for the hell of it. M'Baku is the mystically powered Shaman who is the T'Challa if driven by his emotions... Yes.. That could work

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:52 pm »
BLACK PANTHER SIGHTINGS!!!

Brother Ture... Where you find such sightings is a blessing. as usual great stuff. The first Picture is like a revamped MK version Black Panther, The fourth looks awesome, dunno if that is suppose to be storm or a Dora Milaje but looks great regardless, and the 5th has a mystery woman in the back round but it equally awesome.

The first one though is my fav as MK BP is my favorite look out of all of BP's showings

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2944 on: October 20, 2015, 06:08:44 pm »
Brother Ture... Where you find such sightings is a blessing. as usual great stuff. The first Picture is like a revamped MK version Black Panther, The fourth looks awesome, dunno if that is suppose to be storm or a Dora Milaje but looks great regardless, and the 5th has a mystery woman in the back round but it equally awesome.

The first one though is my fav as MK BP is my favorite look out of all of BP's showings    Ezyo

Brother Ezyoy, my contacts at the Vibranium Trumpet permit me to dig deep in their Wakandan archives for those unique, one of a kind, hard to find shots.  ;) ;D

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2945 on: October 20, 2015, 06:09:16 pm »
The Black Panther taking some team photos.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: October 20, 2015, 07:01:02 pm »
Klaw isn't a bad villain but he just isn't a good regular villain for BP.

First there is his powers.   He is a sonic being fighting a man who specializes in anti-sound tech.   If this was reversed (the hero with sound powers and the villain with anti-sound tech),  it would make sense like Superman vs Kryptonite Man.  But really Klaw should be useless against BP.

Then it is who he is.  He killed T'Challa's father and BP can never truly give him justice because super villains always come back.  So this killer is running around and nothing BP does can bring justice to his father.   I mean if people want real vengeance against Doom and Namor, then what is just for him? If anything, his encounters with T'challa have made him a stronger, more powerful man.  He used to be just flesh and blood.  Now he is a potentially immortal, being made of pure energy.  For a power-mad man like him, T'challa blessed him rather than humbled him.  (While Reggie's version doesn't fit, it is more justice.)

Personally I find Klaw is a better Thing villain than BP.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:25:15 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: October 21, 2015, 09:27:00 am »

The first one though is my fav as MK BP is my favorite look out of all of BP's showings    Ezyo

Brother Ezyoy, my contacts at the Vibranium Trumpet permit me to dig deep in their Wakandan archives for those unique, one of a kind, hard to find shots.  ;) ;D

Indeed those are pretty awesome, good contacts to have bringing us top notch work as usual.

Klaw isn't a bad villain but he just isn't a good regular villain for BP.

First there is his powers.   He is a sonic being fighting a man who specializes in anti-sound tech.   If this was reversed (the hero with sound powers and the villain with anti-sound tech),  it would make sense like Superman vs Kryptonite Man.  But really Klaw should be useless against BP.

Then it is who he is.  He killed T'Challa's father and BP can never truly give him justice because super villains always come back.  So this killer is running around and nothing BP does can bring justice to his father.   I mean if people want real vengeance against Doom and Namor, then what is just for him? If anything, his encounters with T'challa have made him a stronger, more powerful man.  He used to be just flesh and blood.  Now he is a potentially immortal, being made of pure energy.  For a power-mad man like him, T'challa blessed him rather than humbled him.  (While Reggie's version doesn't fit, it is more justice.)

Personally I find Klaw is a better Thing villain than BP.
Really the only way then to present Klaw as a dangerous foe fo T'Challa is to have him working like he was in the Sturm Und Drang arc. where he is more so trying to get the super powers to destroy each other rather then taking BP on head to head (of course it will inevitably come to blows between the two, Maybe Klaw would try to use his intellect to counter BP's anti-sound Tech) as i like the political aspects of BP as well has the standard throw downs.

All the more reason though to bring back villains such as Nakia (Malice) as she would be a reminder to T'Challa of how he failed her and let her become what she is now, and since she was a former Dora Milaje, and trained by the elite, as well as her knowledge of Wakandan Tech and the palace layout, she can be another interesting villain to be played with. of course she isn't a match for T'Challa h2h, but she can definitely be lethal in her own regard still, especially in her ability to bend men to do her bidding.

Solomon Prey is also another villain that could be brought back and an interesting one as T'Challa's sharp senses don't work very well against him. At this point though there would need to be upgrades the the point still stands that he could be brought back. But if a writer really wanted to make it interesting, there could be a villain that would, in dealing with this particular villain, incorporate the Strength of the Wakandan military. I always wanted someone to show all aspects BP has at his disposal.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: October 21, 2015, 09:30:04 am »
The Black Panther taking some team photos.

Doesn't the ANAD title actually look like they artis simply confused T'Challa with Miles? there wasn't any indication that he would really run with them and so the roster looks odd... Still good he is getting seen still.

The Ultimate's cover is again one of the few times that his habit looking a bot more animal like it ok. The whole roster looks badass

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2949 on: October 23, 2015, 12:09:48 am »
Doesn't the ANAD title actually look like they artis simply confused T'Challa with Miles? there wasn't any indication that he would really run with them and so the roster looks odd... Still good he is getting seen still.

The Ultimate's cover is again one of the few times that his habit looking a bot more animal like it ok. The whole roster looks badass

Interesting, I guess they all look alike... so called black heroes that is.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2950 on: October 23, 2015, 12:33:36 am »
Anthony Mackie Doesn't Care If 'Black Panther' Director Is Black: "They Didnít Get a Horse to Direct 'Seabiscuit'"
OCTOBER 22, 2015 1:17pm PT by Graeme McMillan

Unlike many fans, Anthony Mackie ó AKA the Falcon in Marvel's Captain America and Avengers movies ó isn't concerned whether or not the studio hires an African American director to take charge of its first black superhero movie, 2018's Black Panther.

"I donít think itís important at all," the actor told The Daily Beast during a promotional appearance for his current project, Our Brand is Crisis. "As a director your job is to tell a story," he continued. "You know, they didnít get a horse to direct Seabiscuit!"

Mackie went on to say that he doesn't believe that the race of a director "has to do with their ability to tell a story," adding, "I think itís all about the directorís ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends."

At one point, Selma director Ava DuVernay was in the mix to take on Black Panther, which features Chadwick Boseman in the title role, before dropping out because she didn't "see eye to eye" with Marvel over the direction of the project. The studio is in negotiations with Joe Robert Cole to write the movie. Relatedly, Marvel's publishing arm announced last month that MacArthur "Genius" grant winner Ta-Nehisi Coates will write its new Black Panther comic book, launching in January.

The comments, which have already drawn criticism on social media, put the actor into hot water for the second time this week. An interview with BET on Monday, in which he appeared to endorse Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, required a hasty takeback on Twitter after fan complaints.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anthony-mackie-doesnt-care-marvels-834032

C'mon dude, really. That's almost analogous to saying "As an actor your job is to play a character." followed by  "You know, they didnít get a dolphin to play Jaws." So lets recap; the Black Panther can be played by a white man as long as said white man can act and despite Flipper's excellent screen test he'll never play the shark. Have no fear, soon the so called color line will vanish and all so called blacks will be just another shade of white.  For real.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:12:35 pm by Ture »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:30 am »

It was very odd. But who knows maybe they intended on putting them on it on purpose, but there hasn't been any indication that he will work with them.

Anthony Mackie Doesn't Care If 'Black Panther' Director Is Black: "They Didnít Get a Horse to Direct 'Seabiscuit'"

Unlike many fans, Anthony Mackie ó AKA the Falcon in Marvel's Captain America and Avengers movies ó isn't concerned whether or not the studio hires an African American director to take charge of its first black superhero movie, 2018's Black Panther.

"I donít think itís important at all," the actor told The Daily Beast during a promotional appearance for his current project, Our Brand is Crisis. "As a director your job is to tell a story," he continued. "You know, they didnít get a horse to direct Seabiscuit!"

Mackie went on to say that he doesn't believe that the race of a director "has to do with their ability to tell a story," adding, "I think itís all about the directorís ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends."

At one point, Selma director Ava DuVernay was in the mix to take on Black Panther, which features Chadwick Boseman in the title role, before dropping out because she didn't "see eye to eye" with Marvel over the direction of the project. The studio is in negotiations with Joe Robert Cole to write the movie. Relatedly, Marvel's publishing arm announced last month that MacArthur "Genius" grant winner Ta-Nehisi Coates will write its new Black Panther comic book, launching in January.

The comments, which have already drawn criticism on social media, put the actor into hot water for the second time this week. An interview with BET on Monday, in which he appeared to endorse Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, required a hasty takeback on Twitter after fan complaints.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anthony-mackie-doesnt-care-marvels-834032

C'mon dude, really. That's almost analogous to saying "As an actor your job is to play a character." followed by  "You know, they didnít get a dolphin to play Jaws." So lets recap; the Black Panther can be played by a white man as long as said white man can act and despite Flipper's excellent screen test he'll never play the shark. Have no fear, soon the so called color line will vanish and all so called blacks will be just another shade of white.  For real.

I mean... I get what he is saying and agree with it in the general sense that I don't think it matters if the director is White, Black, Green, man, or woman if  they portray T'Challa, Wakanda, and African Culture in a accurate and positive manner, showing why BP is so awesome and you can do that regardless of Race or Gender. If they spend all this time trying to find a "Black" director and miss a potential good direct because they are so set on race, that can be a problem, especially if they are grabbing anyone who has some negligible experience but fits the "Black" Quota.

I will say i would prefer a Black Director as they are more likely to bring the character to life in a way that will be the best showing of T'challa but i wouldn't narrow the scope if there was potential for another good direct to be used as well, thats different from casting a white actor to play the king of Wakanda of course, but i kinda get that he is trying to say atleast don't be so set that it has to be a black director and because of that mindset, have a poor showing because the person picked doesn't have the qualities needed for this movie. That being said I think Ryan Coogler would be an excellent choice as he is an up an coming director who has already shown that he can make good movies and Creed looks absolutely fantastic. 

I would also like to add that i think Anthony Mackie translated his thoughts terribly and all this will do is cause those ignorant people to say "Hey look! a black guy said it to so my ignorance is backed with this guy!"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:14:59 am by Ezyo »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2952 on: October 23, 2015, 01:03:35 pm »

It was very odd. But who knows maybe they intended on putting them on it on purpose, but there hasn't been any indication that he will work with them.

I mean... I get what he is saying and agree with it in the general sense that I don't think it matters if the director is White, Black, Green, man, or woman if  they portray T'Challa, Wakanda, and African Culture in a accurate and positive manner, showing why BP is so awesome and you can do that regardless of Race or Gender. If they spend all this time trying to find a "Black" director and miss a potential good direct because they are so set on race, that can be a problem, especially if they are grabbing anyone who has some negligible experience but fits the "Black" Quota.

I will say i would prefer a Black Director as they are more likely to bring the character to life in a way that will be the best showing of T'challa but i wouldn't narrow the scope if there was potential for another good direct to be used as well, thats different from casting a white actor to play the king of Wakanda of course, but i kinda get that he is trying to say atleast don't be so set that it has to be a black director and because of that mindset, have a poor showing because the person picked doesn't have the qualities needed for this movie. That being said I think Ryan Coogler would be an excellent choice as he is an up an coming director who has already shown that he can make good movies and Creed looks absolutely fantastic. 

I would also like to add that i think Anthony Mackie translated his thoughts terribly and all this will do is cause those ignorant people to say "Hey look! a black guy said it to so my ignorance is backed with this guy!"

Brother Ezyo you've stated your position much more lucid than did A-Mac. The question I pose in regards to this position as it concerns BP's director is; why is it necessary for a so called black person to make such a statement? At one point there are screams for diversity and inclusion and at the other end denial of one's ethnic identity, cultural uniqueness and a lack of ethnic solidarity. Such is the cost.

Of course its true that a non so called black person  could successfully direct a BP film, however this penchant for stating the obvious seems to rear it head whenever so called blacks want to show race, culture, gender and political neutrality. The reasons for such behaviors are all too transparent. Its like saying a search for a black director will not yield a qualified candidate.

Of the more than 600 major Hollywood films released since 2007, less than 7 percent had black directors according to a study released  by the Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism at the University of Southern California. With ďa ratio of over 16 non-Black directors working to every 1 Black director,Ē and only two black women directors among the films considered.

I can appreciate Marvel hiring Afrakans (so called blacks) to write and draw the BP's comic as well as their attempt to bring Afrakans (so called blacks) to write and direct the BP movie.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Afrakans at the helm of the Black Panther franchise, in fact it is most right.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:18:22 pm by Ture »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: October 23, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »

Brother Ezyo you've stated your position much more lucid than did A-Mac. The question I pose in regards to this position as it concerns BP's director is; why is it necessary for a so called black person to make such a statement? At one point there are screams for diversity and inclusion and at the other end denial of one's ethnic identity, cultural uniqueness and a lack of ethnic solidarity. Such is the cost.

Of course its true that a non so called black person  could successfully direct a BP film, however this penchant for stating the obvious seems to rear it head whenever so called blacks want to show race, culture, gender and political neutrality. The reasons for such behaviors are all too transparent. Its like saying a search for a black director will not yield a qualified candidate.

Of the more than 600 major Hollywood films released since 2007, less than 7 percent had black directors according to a study released  by the Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism at the University of Southern California. With ďa ratio of over 16 non-Black directors working to every 1 Black director,Ē and only two black women directors among the films considered.

I can appreciate Marvel hiring Afrakans (so called blacks) to write and draw the BP's comic as well as their attempt to bring Afrakans (so called blacks) to write and direct the BP movie.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Afrakans at the helm of the Black Panther franchise, in fact it is most right.

I agree that there needs to be more black directors actors, script writers, etc etc. I fully 100% agree with that, and i also like how marvel is being very progressive in increasing the diversity in their company. I just want the best director to be chosen and i have confidence that a Black Director can take on the job. I just want BP movie is the best it can be. But of course there is a potential candidate that im sure we would all agree would do BP some serious justice

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2954 on: October 23, 2015, 09:25:25 pm »
RH is by far. By far. The best director for the BP movie job. Which is why he won't get he job. Which in my mind calls into question how really really really dedicated Marvel is to BP. My manz from Creed is fire too. So is Antoine etc etc. But RH is top dawg. Next.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw