Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1351876 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2985 on: November 08, 2015, 03:20:17 pm »
Did aspects from alternate versions of Wakanda make into this new reality?

While I'm not sure it does make sense as this is a insular Marvel Universe type amalgam. The only thing screaming alternate reality in the picture above is the Panther Zombie. Maybe the apparatus T'Challa is connected to is permitting T'Challa to see alternate versions of himself and Wakanda or it is reading T'Challa himself and finding he is somehow connected to these alternate realities. Any way we will get closer to some answers come Wednesday.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2986 on: November 08, 2015, 03:43:06 pm »
You might be right Ture!?!  It appears Ewing's T'Challa will operate out of the Triskelion which could indicate Fury-esque authority.  The Wakandan embassy being imbedded is intriguing. 

On the other hand, it seems clear that Coates' Black Panther will be situated in Wakanda, dealing with Wakandan issues and threats.

Great find Brother Ezyo!  The T'Chaka vision and zombie panther are rather ominous, especially with BP falling through.  I hope it's not tied to Hickman's shaming of T'Challa?

Peace,

Mont

Cosign Brother Kimoyo. I'm liking the idea that the Black Panther is going to be on two fronts. It is long overdue that the Black Panther and Wakanda had stories that were cosmic epics, plus an ongoing series that can handle the depth of culture and politics that are so necessary for the viability of Tchalla and his nation.

If both series hold up in story content, character iteration and development; combined with an impressive first time live action presentation delivered in Civil War, I will officially announce
Epoch Tchalla - The Dawning of the Panther Age.

Of course by that time you, Sal and myself will be enjoying all this Wakandan side courtesy of Brother Supreme;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 08, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »

While I'm not sure it does make sense as this is a insular Marvel Universe type amalgam. The only thing screaming alternate reality in the picture above is the Panther Zombie. Maybe the apparatus T'Challa is connected to is permitting T'Challa to see alternate versions of himself and Wakanda or it is reading T'Challa himself and finding he is somehow connected to these alternate realities. Any way we will get closer to some answers come Wednesday.

I was thinking this might be a scientific study of the "King of the Dead".

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2988 on: November 08, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »

Great pictures Brother Ture as usual. The one of Shuri looks hot, who ever did that really made her look like a badass that she is. She really needs to make it into the ANAD marvel, I think she has gained enough popularity to make it back as a supporting cast member of the BP mythos

Thank you Brother Ezyo. I'm really feelin' the Shuri pic.  ;D

I am confident that Shuri will be in one if not both Black Panther series, especially the ongoing by Coates. Tchalla has to redeem himself in the eyes of Shuri and the rest of Wakanda (and us readers) after Doomwar, taking a job in Hell's Kitchen, the flooding of Wakanda, the failed marriage, deceiving his people about weapons of mass destruction secretly housed on Wakandan soil, the fall of the Golden City at the hands of Thanos and the condemnation of his ancestors.

Yessir, a lot to atone for. Tchalla the Black Panther has to remind everyone just how far ahead of the curve he is.

Here are a few more pics of Queen Shuri. Long Live The Queen

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2989 on: November 08, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »

Interesting idea Kip. I wonder what could be revealed. Wednesday is almost upon us.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2990 on: November 08, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
There's more Brothers! Check this out:

http://www.newsarama.com/26688-the-ultimates-get-pretty-damn-cosmic-in-new-ongoing.html

Thoughts?

We are witnessing the Dawning of the Panther Age. Epoch Tchalla.

pleaseohpleaseohplease let this sentiment by Brother Ture be proven to be true!!!

Why are you pleading?

You were quite sure that Hickman's take on T'Challa would "elevate" the character, so why you're sounding so desperately suprised is a mystery to me.

Ewing isn't about tearing characters apart and dumbing them down to service stupid stories.

He's more about respecting pre-established characterisation and proper continuity so if Ewing writes T'Challa and Wakanda, you can rest assured that there will be no Hickman/Maberry type chumping involved.

Clearly, thre is mor than one way to take my comment. And you, Salustrade, are making a habit of getting my meaning wrong.

Wasn't pleading. You ever see hood gamblers talk to the dice they're rolling?  The words sound like pleading, the inflection and meaning ain't nuthin close. They're spittin game. Not shame. Not pleading. That's what I was doing.

And. My prediction for both SECRET WARS and Panther's solo is already coming true. Remember that between the two of us my predictions have been more accurate, more consistent and more specific.

More importantly? This whole static thing between us? Well...mostly one sided static. From you to me?  Ridiculous. Bottom line? TChalla is coming up in major ways. Exactly how I predicted. Whether or not the twists and turns were liked? Bottom line? TChalla is gettin major shine. Exactly how we all want him to have.

So if it makes you feel better to throw shade at me? Go head. I will shine even in the shade, and burn it away. Have fun. Not responding to this stuff anymore. I've got better more grown Black man stuff to do, bruthas and sistuhs.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2991 on: November 08, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »

Interesting idea Kip. I wonder what could be revealed. Wednesday is almost upon us.

Absolutely gorgeous art, Brother. You be kiiiillliiiin it with that.

And for the record? Like many others, I prefer th CJP era MK era BP habit with black color and gold highlights overall for TChalla, even though I like all of his habits the RH armor and stuff. Yes, I know CJP's main color for his habit was midnight blue [ like the color for TChalla's habit when he faced Solomon Preyy back in the day; I had that 4 issue book series. That time was the first time I saw BP rock a  midnight blue colored habit. The painted art was dope for back then ] but I like it better when his habit is black with gold highlights.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 09, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »
There's more Brothers! Check this out:

http://www.newsarama.com/26688-the-ultimates-get-pretty-damn-cosmic-in-new-ongoing.html

Thoughts?

We are witnessing the Dawning of the Panther Age. Epoch Tchalla.

pleaseohpleaseohplease let this sentiment by Brother Ture be proven to be true!!!

Why are you pleading?

You were quite sure that Hickman's take on T'Challa would "elevate" the character, so why you're sounding so desperately suprised is a mystery to me.

Ewing isn't about tearing characters apart and dumbing them down to service stupid stories.

He's more about respecting pre-established characterisation and proper continuity so if Ewing writes T'Challa and Wakanda, you can rest assured that there will be no Hickman/Maberry type chumping involved.

Clearly, thre is mor than one way to take my comment. And you, Salustrade, are making a habit of getting my meaning wrong.

Wasn't pleading. You ever see hood gamblers talk to the dice they're rolling?  The words sound like pleading, the inflection and meaning ain't nuthin close. They're spittin game. Not shame. Not pleading. That's what I was doing.

And. My prediction for both SECRET WARS and Panther's solo is already coming true. Remember that between the two of us my predictions have been more accurate, more consistent and more specific.

More importantly? This whole static thing between us? Well...mostly one sided static. From you to me?  Ridiculous. Bottom line? TChalla is coming up in major ways. Exactly how I predicted. Whether or not the twists and turns were liked? Bottom line? TChalla is gettin major shine. Exactly how we all want him to have.

So if it makes you feel better to throw shade at me? Go head. I will shine even in the shade, and burn it away. Have fun. Not responding to this stuff anymore. I've got better more grown Black man stuff to do, bruthas and sistuhs.

Oh please fall back with the pseudo "grown man" BS.

Your "predictions" amounted to nothing more than a ground zero reset that does nothing to wash away the stench of failure that Hickman steeped T'Challa and Wakanda in for 99'9% of the entire three year snoozefest that characterised the Everything Dies/Time Runs Out nonsense Hickman presented to gullible idiots like yourself.

Hickman gave us a T'Challa who....

(1) Lied to his kith and kin whilst breaking bread with confirmed enemies of the Wakandan State.

(2) Cried like a starving baby deprived of its mothers breast milk at the prospect of acting like a King to protect his people and the 616 Earth and...

(3) Failed to make good on his promise to end Namor even though he had Black Bolt along to hold his hand.

So in conclusion, since you seem to be one of those diehard scrap from massa's table type clowns who believes that the end is more important than the journey, stay enjoying the lying/crying King T'Challa under the pain Coates as he rehashes the tired trope of revolution and conflict within Wakanda for the umpteenth time.

Grown man poodoo indeed.

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: November 09, 2015, 06:16:43 pm »

And for the record? Like many others, I prefer th CJP era MK era BP habit with black color and gold highlights overall for TChalla, even though I like all of his habits the RH armor and stuff. Yes, I know CJP's main color for his habit was midnight blue [ like the color for TChalla's habit when he faced Solomon Preyy back in the day; I had that 4 issue book series. That time was the first time I saw BP rock a  midnight blue colored habit. The painted art was dope for back then ] but I like it better when his habit is black with gold highlights.

I agree I like the MK version of Panthers habit. It looks more royal and like T'Challa to show his royalty whyike he knocks heads.

I think his updated habit works as well but I think having the gold would make it perfect.

Also Brothers, lets set aside our difference's. We have different opinions about what happened with T'Challa and I think it's now time to focus on what's going to happen inn Ewings rub to see what he does with BP. The sneak peaks we are getting are looking like we are gonna actually see CJP Panther. And that's something to be excited over. Brother Sal I understand the whole revolution doesn't sound appealing, but I have hope that Coates can provide a rich story with lots of focus on what we all love about BP and possibly give us more about Wakanda and why its the place to be.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 10, 2015, 09:36:03 am »
Also Brothers, lets set aside our difference's. We have different opinions about what happened with T'Challa and I think it's now time to focus on what's going to happen inn Ewings rub to see what he does with BP. The sneak peaks we are getting are looking like we are gonna actually see CJP Panther. And that's something to be excited over. Brother Sal I understand the whole revolution doesn't sound appealing, but I have hope that Coates can provide a rich story with lots of focus on what we all love about BP and possibly give us more about Wakanda and why its the place to be.[/size][/b]

Agreed. Let past beef stay in the past and let's keep it moving.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:42 pm »

I agree I like the MK version of Panthers habit. It looks more royal and like T'Challa to show his royalty whyike he knocks heads.

I think his updated habit works as well but I think having the gold would make it perfect.

Also Brothers, lets set aside our difference's. We have different opinions about what happened with T'Challa and I think it's now time to focus on what's going to happen inn Ewings rub to see what he does with BP. The sneak peaks we are getting are looking like we are gonna actually see CJP Panther. And that's something to be excited over. Brother Sal I understand the whole revolution doesn't sound appealing, but I have hope that Coates can provide a rich story with lots of focus on what we all love about BP and possibly give us more about Wakanda and why its the place to be.

I hear you brotha Ezyo.

As I've said elsewhere, Shuri's presence (alive and well) in Coates Black Panther book will be the determining factor as to whether I support the book with my money or not.

Hickman succeeded in doing something that even Maberry failed to achieve in making me hate T'Challa's character with a passion via the Everything Dies/Time Runs Out crapfest of a story so it goes without saying that Coates citing Hickman's drivel as an inspiration, has already soured me to his take on Wakanda already.

Oh and just in case you may be wondering, I'm Mr MajestiK who posts over on CBR.

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:27 pm »
You know when I would read your posts over there I always thought what you said sounded very familiar glad to know another brother is in the mix as well.

And I agree I was less then thrilled for him to say he was inspired by Hickman. And hopefully by inspired he meant that he liked his story telling being engaging (while cutting out the waste such as poor rep of T'Challa and lack of action in favor for more dialog) but the interview he and Stelfreeze had a while back gave me aa little hope that they were wanting to dive in to the vast and rich culture of Wakanda and really make us fans feel like we are apart of Wakanda. Of course such a thing can only be done right if Shuri is there. And again i think she will make it because despite the piss poor job Hickman did for T'Challa, I can't deny how great he made Shuri look, even her death was a warriors death. So I have high hopes that she will survive beause really she has to, there isn't much in terms of supporting cast he has to work withnif she isn't around. And she also brings with her, the outlook of traditional, isolated Wakanda which i think plays well off of T'Challas worldy views

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2997 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:17 am »
Spoilers!!!

Secret Wars #7 is out and there is evidence that Hickman does troll the boards. For years now we have been looking for some explanation regarding Tchalla's King of the Dead title. Well the Black Panther is truly the king of the dead and not just Wakandan dead but apparently all of the dead... at least on Battle World.

The Black Panther segment of the story begins with Reed implying to Maximus that the "secret plans" they are putting into effect are Tchalla's. Reed is then informed by Tchalla that "death is just a different kind of journey... to the land that I am king of." He says this while facing his ancestors.

At the Shield, Tchalla then addresses his side kick Namor after the latter says he was nearly moved to tears by Tchalla's comments to Reed. Namor goes on to chide Tchalla by saying "This king of the dead appellation you've been spouting since before our first incursion... its ambiguous and frankly... don't you think its getting a bit old?"

Tchalla destroys a wall and then makes an appeal to the dead to follow him in glory and honor. Hickman then does his usual deflation of Tchalla by having the deceased hem and haw until Namor spears one of them.

Hickman is to be credited for starting the closure process for Tchalla and attempting to commit on the foibles  that have plagued his iteration of the Black Panther. The damage has been done however and the remaining two issues may not be enough to undo the destruction wrought in the past few years.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:49:06 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2998 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:53 am »
Mario Di Giacomo of CBR says:

You could put it that way, since Hickman basically pulls a new power for T'Challa out of his backside, one which we've never seen before, and has nothing to do with any of the other times we've seen T'Challa use his "King Of The Dead" powers.

spoilers:

Apparently, he has the power to compel zombies to obey him, more or less.
end of spoilers

The fact that spoilers:

Namor himself complains about how ambiguous the KOTD title has been this whole time
end of spoilers reminds me of this classic bit of net advice:

"When the characters themselves are complaining about the plot, you know something's wrong."

It is, because we had no clue that T'Challa could do this. Everything we've heard for all this time was about "the strength and skills of the past Panthers". Introducing this power, without foreshadowing, in the final act of the story is the very definition of an asspull. Just like the "magic Renaissance LMD" back in Secret Warriors.

And what's worse, it didn't even seem to work until spoilers:
Namor killed zombie MODOK with his trident
end of spoilers.
I'm not impressed. Wait three years just so Hickman can riff on Return Of The King.

I like T'Challa MUCH better in Ultimates.

QFT!!!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2999 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:25 am »
Hickman and Brevoort had these comments.

Let's move away from the big battle to the final scenes of the issue with Black Panther and Namor. Over the last several years you explored the idea of kings losing their kingdoms, but here when all hell is breaking loose on Battleworld Black Panther appears to have found and embraced a new kingdom. Jonathan, do you consider this is a big payoff to the story you began with T'Challa back during your "Fantastic Four" run?

Hickman: Yeah, all the Black Panther stuff pays off here at the end. This is the conclusion of all of the "King of the Dead" story we've been doing.

Brevoort: Yeah, boy there's a payoff that took a long time to come, but it actually came. I believe you're right that line does first get talked about in "Fantastic Four." [Laughs] Here's what it meant and here's what it's been about the whole time. I hope nobody saw it coming despite the fact that there's an entire map area filled with dead zombies. I hope no one put two and two together and said, "All right! The Black Panther can go down there and get an army!"

I think that's a supremely cool moment. I love it to death.

Hickman: Yeah, it further underscores the working theory that I'm just writing one big comic and this is like issue #178 of Jonathan Hickman's "Marvel Comics." [Laughs]

Brevoort: [Laughs]

[Laughs] So it looks like the Black Panther is in place to be one of the most significant figures in the endgame of this story.

Brevoort: Or he gets killed in the next panel! [Laughs] That's been known to happen, too.

Hickman: [Laughs] This is true.

Full article
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hickman-explains-black-panther-payoff-in-secret-wars-7-plunging-battleworld-into-chaos?utm_campaign=hickman-explains-black-panther-payoff-in-secret-wars-7-plunging&utm_medium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner

Told ya he trolls.  ;D ;) ;D