Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - MOST DANGEROUS  (Read 1273988 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3555 on: May 15, 2016, 01:02:48 am »
Isn't Carol involved with War-Machine lately?

She is? 

I don't know how Rhodey is being depicted in the comics now but of he's military I guess they both have that similarity...

The two of them have been dating since the 1st issue of her previous solo book. When the "Carol Corps" fanbase blew up.

But in the same aforementioned issue, she and Rhodey were also separated, because Carol wanted to go in space. Their relationship was  implied to have been going on for a while, before we first saw it, has been briefly shown about 3 or 4 times total across multiple books. It's a wasted opportunity, tbh. Since they actually do compliment one another.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 15, 2016, 08:22:18 am »
Another reason why War Machine's death and the emotional attachment from her seemed forced. We as readers haven't really seen any on screen evidence to support their invested 'relationship'.

Offline White Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 16, 2016, 05:25:37 am »

Seriously though, I've been campaigning hard for T'Challa and Monica/Pulsar since Reggie's vampire arch way back when.

I could go for a pairing like that right now. I can't see T'Challa with anyone else besides her or Storm.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3558 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:51 pm »
The Black Panther Has Arrived...

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3559 on: May 20, 2016, 08:09:14 am »
Black Panther and Storm - A second chance maybe in the wind...

if Caotes  decided to integrate her in his tales of Wakanda...

especially now that Black Panther is outselling X-Men.

first pic https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...39451768311808
second pic https://www.instagram.com/p/BFdDLR8LSOw/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 20, 2016, 08:23:08 am »
Black Panther and Storm - A second chance maybe in the wind...

if Caotes  decided to integrate her in his tales of Wakanda...

especially now that Black Panther is outselling X-Men.

first pic https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...39451768311808
second pic https://www.instagram.com/p/BFdDLR8LSOw/

Unfortunately the first pic was basically just a shot out to Hudlin (which is good that they did the shout out) and i dont think there was anything more of it then just the cover itself. 

Coates did say though that he intended to bring Storm into the arc at some point though so who knows how that will go.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 21, 2016, 09:34:50 am »
Ooff. That just can't let that ship be sunk, huh?

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 21, 2016, 11:36:10 pm »
Black Panther is outselling the X-men? As...of the 2nd issue? Or just because of the first issue?

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:14 am »
Why hasn't that costume been put in the comic yet? That was a badass suit and it should be rocking all across the media landscape.

Where is Marvel vs Capcom 4? Panther vid's would all over YouTube by now, owning chumps.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 22, 2016, 05:11:41 am »
Why hasn't that costume been put in the comic yet? That was a badass suit and it should be rocking all across the media landscape.

Probably for the same reason none of the movie costumes are on their comic book version.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3565 on: May 22, 2016, 07:31:51 am »
Black Panther is outselling the X-men? As...of the 2nd issue? Or just because of the first issue?

TOP 300 COMICS ACTUAL--APRIL 2016
Sales Estimates for April Based on Diamond Indexes and Publisher Title Data
Posted by ICv2 on May 16, 2016 @ 9:47 am CT

Top 300 Comics – April 2016
BLACK PANTHER #1
$4.99
MAR

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #1
$4.99
MAR
DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #4
$5.99
DC
STAR WARS SPECIAL C-3PO #1
$4.99
MAR
BATMAN #51
$3.99
DC
GWENPOOL #1
$4.99
MAR
STAR WARS #18
$3.99
MAR
DARTH VADER #19
$3.99
MAR
HARLEY QUINN & SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOLS SPEC #1
$4.99
DC
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10
$3.99
MAR

It's official. the Black Panther is number one!

for full details
http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/34493/top-300-comics-actual-april-2016

Not to mention...

'BLACK PANTHER' #1 A MILLION DOLLAR BOOK
Posted by Milton Griepp on May 16, 2016 @ 10:01 pm CT

Sales on Black Panther #1, the first issue of the new Marvel title written by National Book Award winner Ta-Nehisi Coates, were over 250,000, and at the title’s premium $4.99 retail price, the book generated over $1,263,000 in retail sales, according to estimates by ICv2 based on indexes released by Diamond Comic Distributors (see "Top 300 Comics Actual--April 2016").

While million dollar comics aren’t as rare as they used to be (Dark Knight III #1 generated over $2.6 million last November, as a recent high), it’s still an impressive showing, especially for what has historically been a second tier character.  But Marvel had done a great job of introducing the character to broader audiences through Captain America:  Civil War image reveals (see "The Black Panther Unleashed") and trailers, and the publicity surrounding Coates’ involvement has been significant.

Sales are undoubtedly going to drop significantly last month, without the variants and retailer exclusives that helped to drive sales up on #1, so we’ll see where it settles in over time.

So far just the first issue however his second issue has also sold out.

"Black Panther" #2 was released on May 11 last week, and was announced today as sold out on the distributor level. The issue, the second part of the "A Nation Under Our Feet" is written by the "Black Panther" team of National Book Award-winner Ta-Nehisi Coates and superstar veteran artist Brian Stelfreeze. The second-printing cover is scheduled for release on June 15. The upcoming second-printing cover for the recently released "Black Panther" #2, in which artist Rahzzah depicts Black Panther and Shuri putting their spin on the "Run the Jewels" album cover.

full article
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/black-panther-2-sells-out-gets-run-the-jewels-variant-cover

Excellent questions Blanks, good answer Kip.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:26 pm »
Sorry but I've read both issues and im bored out of my mind. I mean it is "ok" but I may need to wait for the trade instead. Im not too excited in following the continue ramifications of Hickman.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 22, 2016, 01:55:53 pm »
^
I feel you Bmore. Like a dummy I subscribed beforehand to this book and also David Walker's Power Man and Iron Fist and aren't feeling either. I want to support black writers and black characters, but man, I want to bounce on these. That being said, I will give them several more issues. And if I'm not a glutton for punishment because I was thinking about subscribing to Walker's Nighthawk series. But I will pick up the first issue before I do that.

That being said, I enjoyed the heck out of Walker's Shaft series (the first arc). Though I'm iffy on his Cyborg.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3568 on: May 27, 2016, 03:50:33 pm »
Sorry but I've read both issues and im bored out of my mind. I mean it is "ok" but I may need to wait for the trade instead. Im not too excited in following the continue ramifications of Hickman.

^
I feel you Bmore. Like a dummy I subscribed beforehand to this book and also David Walker's Power Man and Iron Fist and aren't feeling either. I want to support black writers and black characters, but man, I want to bounce on these. That being said, I will give them several more issues. And if I'm not a glutton for punishment because I was thinking about subscribing to Walker's Nighthawk series. But I will pick up the first issue before I do that.

That being said, I enjoyed the heck out of Walker's Shaft series (the first arc). Though I'm iffy on his Cyborg.

Points well taken gentlemen. There are however some nice collectibles to cheer you up. For example...

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3569 on: May 29, 2016, 06:01:39 pm »
CBR's KidStranglehold

...this is going to be a very long rant. Something that has been on my mind for some time and I think I need to let it out. I already told people this in real life and they even agreed. I'm a big Black Panther fan and I've been a huge fan of the character before everyone hoped on the trend since the Civil War movie. I've been a fan of him since the Priest days and he is my second favorite comic book character behind the Sentry(I have my reasons).

The reason why he is mines and other (original) Black Panther fans favorite character is because not only does the Black Panther basically the personification of "black excellence", but he is basically the "idol black man", a king and leader, a very good one at that. Warrior who whoops ass, can take on the likes of Wolverine and embarrassed him in two situations. In the top ten of the smartest persons of Marvel and his genius rivals that of Batman or is possibly greater based on feats, this is the same character that embarrassed Mephisto, who is a hell lord and that is just one instance of his prep skills. And finally he is the king of the most advanced nation on Earth which is SET IN you guessed it... Africa.

All of this is why Black Panther will not only be a very great Marvel film, especially it being directed by Ryan Googler, but possibly the greatest black films we've seen in a while. Though that is not the main point point of this thread, the main point of this thread is WHY the Black Panther film is so important.

Black Panther is going to be a unique film for us black audience from Hollywood since a while. I have been tackling this topic since first took creative writing as my hobby and loved writing fiction, especially fiction based around black people. Basically since I was 16. Black Panther is a super hero and a sci-fi film... Black Panther is a super hero and sci-fi film with a 90% black cast with a BLACK repeat BLACK star power!!!

90% Of The Black Panther Cast Will Be African Or African American
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/13/90-of-the-black-panther-cast-will-be-african-or-african-american/

Yes, a 90% BLACK(with a 'b') cast with BLACK star power from the likes of Chad, Michael B Jordan and hate or love her freaking Lupita! :mindblown:

This is what makes the Black Panther film unique among black films. It has a large black cast with a lot of star power, but it is set in genres that most DO NOT associate with black films.

Now when it comes to black films I have a term called "the four safe black genres." It doesn't matter what entertainment whether it is books, films or TV shows, these are the genres that most associate with black entertainment and are what most black film makers make. Hell, they are what Hollywood EXPECTS black people to only be into and they are...

Comedies:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1xwjZ3_yW8E/maxresdefault.jpg

Dramas:
http://crazy4tv.com/wp-content/uploa...pire-pos-3.jpg

Crime:
http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-c...wer-slider.jpg

And slavery:
http://africana-studies.williams.edu...rs-a-slave.jpg

Now I have COMPLETELY NOTHING repeat NOTHING wrong with these genres besides slavery. I love Empire and Power! I love the nonsense of Empire, I just love Power in general. But here's the problem those type of TV shows while they are KILLING it in ratings among other things are still in, "the four safe black genres." You can bring up NWA which made a complete killing in the Box Office and was an amazing movie, but that film is too still in the four safe black genres. Once again these genres are what people only associate with black films.

They think blacks only like the typical Tyler Perry esque comedy and drama films with the stupid stereotypes. They think black people only like the slave movies like 12 years a slave. We know this is not true. We know blacks do enjoy OTHER genres like sci-fi, super hero films, fantasy, horror, action, thriller, etc. But again Hollywood does not see this or its the fact that THEY DO NOT want to see it.

Which why they say the same o'le cliche statement of, "buh! buh! they wont relate to black characters!" This is due to them think blacks are only interested in Tyler Perry like films.

But I can glad say that if Black Panther is a box office hit that its going to annihilate ALL of this! Sure we had black films outside of the "four safe black genres" like Blade, but films like Blade was not only a long time ago, but their cast were not almost entirely black with a black star power plus it did not really kick down the door.

With Black Panther its us finally getting ready to kick down the door. Its us finally being able to dismiss all the myths and dismiss them forever. But more importantly its FINALLY repeat FINALLY black Hollywood being able to expand into other genres instead of the same o'ld four safe black genres. We may finally see genres like Sci-fi, action, fantasy, horror or thriller with a majority black cast and they'll be common. Hell maybe we'll get an historical black film that isn't slavery, but something like the Queens of Candance from Nubia fighting the Romans or a movie about Mansa Musa and the Mali Empire. Who knows? The possibilities are endless. But the fact is no one will dare question if the movie relates to non-blacks...

Though this is if the film succeeds and to me it is looking that way, but still the film has not been released. But in the mean time I have high hopes for this film, not just because I am a huge fan of the character, but also because I feel it is the most important film in black Hollywood in a long while.