Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN  (Read 1129334 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3570 on: May 31, 2016, 08:39:10 pm »
Kind of like this cover.

Alexandra Shipp on Playing Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse, Movie with Black Panther

BP Q&A at 3:48

Update on Storms of Carnage 3 and Black Panther Civil War

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:48:11 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3571 on: June 01, 2016, 09:07:22 pm »
Ultimates #8 Preview

Captain America: Sam Wilson #10 Preview

In this politically correct, diversity obsessed climate we live in, I'll wager that Marvel is testing the waters for an all so called black Avengers team.

Civil War 2 Spoiler

Like Bill Foster Black Goliath fell in the first Civil War... Jim Rhodes War Machine takes one for the team. His wasn't the only death, She Hulk too was a casualty.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 02, 2016, 01:55:39 am »
^
I read they are hedging on She-Hulk's death. But that Rhodes death is a definite, for this story at least. He'll likely be back because he's still in the movies.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 02, 2016, 05:44:53 am »
Spoilers

I read in one article that Ta-Nehisi Coates advised them to NOT do this.  http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvels-civil-war-ii-1-reveals-one-major-casualty-maybe-second
But basically they killed him because of his connection to both leads (Carol and Tony).

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3574 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:49 am »
Marvel Senior Vice President of Publishing and "Civil War II" editor Tom Brevoort discussed the development in an interview with Newsarama. "We were not unaware that killing Rhodey meant we’d have a story where an African American character dies, which is something that happens prevalently in our medium," Brevoort said. "That's a conversation that we had. In our particular retreat where we talked about this, ["Black Panther"] writer Ta-Nehisi Coates was in the retreat for the first time. He heard all of this, and afterwards, he sent a long missive to myself and Axel, which we forwarded to Brian and we all spoke about, in terms of what he thought the reaction would be and what the ramifications would be, that we had to consider that from all sides. And we have."

There is more than one way to "kill" a so called black character.

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO ISSUES AND...

Black Panther is the New Black.  Popular writer in Coates; comic book selling out at more than a quarter million issues making it one of the highest selling comic of 2016. A breakout debut performance in Civil War the highest grossing film of the year so far; products and merchandising; in the midst of developing an all star line up for his upcoming solo. There's little room for argument that the Black Panther has arrived.

Yet though little it may be, the space left for argument resides in what iteration of the Black Panther has arrived... specifically in his comic book? Thus far Coates' Panther lacks the maturity and sophistication of Priest's. Coates wrote a Panther with a deficit in tactics and strategy thus belying any true preparation in confronting his opponent. The fact that atrocities such as enslavement are occurring on T'Challa's watch demonstrates a Black Panther who is ill equipped to protect his people. Judging from the first page where we see Coates's Black Panther for the first time, taking a knee due to what looks like a head wound, his Black Panther seems ill equipped to protect himself.

12 Years a Eunuch...while it hasn't been quite that long (there was a one nighter with Storm under Hickman's pen), post Hudlin, the Black Panther has been void of any serious romantic and sexual relationships. For all practical purposes principal Black Panther writers Hickman, Liss and Maberry have put T'Challa through an intense dry spell. Coates' has yet to present any evidence that he will end this trend, quite the contrary in fact, Coates shifts the focus of a romantic and sexual relationship  to the Dora Milaje.

Wakanda: The Most Technologically Advanced Society in the World. As we begin our tour of Wakanda, we visit the Great Mound, devoid of any high tech, where we witness a worker's strike. You mean to tell me that Wakanda still has miners physically digging up vibranium? No wonder there was a work stoppage. Our next stop is the beautiful Golden City where we see a woman in a slave collar on her knees receiving a death sentence for a righteous kill. We pass the Nigandan Boarder where a hostile anti Wakandan army is gathering and we visit the Wakandan Prison Cells. We stop by the Necropolis aka the city of the dead and then on to the Bandit Compound of enslaved women. Did I neglect to mention we visited a class at the Hekima Shule and the Plane of Wakandan Memory? "Wakanda a hell of a place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there." said a departing visitor.

The Black Panther a comic book in which T'Challa's new ability appears very useful against normal non powered individuals, however by now I'm sure someone has probably informed Coates that he should state that the no name that body slammed the Black Panther was super human.

The Black Panther a comic book in which T"Challa's own people are ashamed of him for no other reason than poor storytelling by uninformed writers too consumed with their own agendas to be bothered with writing the character according to the precedence and  mandates previously established.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have described how Wakanda was able to rebuild so quickly after the biblical flood that killed thousands, a coup orchestrated by Doctor Doom, an invasion by the villain Thanos and maintained its cultural cohesion, social and moral integrity all under the auspices and guidance of T'Challa.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have focused own how a mature T'Challa and a mature Ororo handled their annulment. He could have explored their relationship and began to drop hints of a love undying, a romance still flowering and the sexual tension of a man and woman who duties and responsibilities keep them too often apart.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have shown how T'Challa repaired his relationship with the Dora Milaje by following the tradition of having only two and dismantling and decommissioning the all female army. He could have shown the Doras having a problem with loving a man who they feel cannot commit to them fully as his heart belongs to another.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have demonstrated the ancestral Black Panthers paying homage and obeisance to T'Challa for his restoring both Wakanda and the world back to normal. He could have used the bordering countries of Azania, Canaan, Narobia and Niganda to tell his tale of worker's rights, miscarriages of justice, LGBT tales of love, and the rape and enslavement of women. Hell that could have been the reason why the two betrothed Dora Milaje go rogue.

So the question that begs the asking is why are hundreds of thousands being introduced to the Black Panther for the first time by showing an iteration of the character and his country at their nadir while at the height of his exposure?

While it is indeed possible for Coates to turn this around and deliver a truly impressive Black Panther (its only been two issues but what a two issue introduction), that wait and see game has been played too long and too often with too few results worth waiting for in regards to the Damisa-Sarki.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:08:31 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3575 on: June 03, 2016, 04:48:09 am »
Rose McGowan Calls Out ‘X-Men’ Billboard That Shows Jennifer Lawrence Being Strangled

As 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse stormed theaters over the long weekend, critics took aim at billboards featuring Oscar Isaac’s Apocalypse choking Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique.

Among them was Rose McGowan, who elaborated on a May 25 Facebook post to THR: "There is a major problem when the men and women at 20th Century Fox think casual violence against women is the way to market a film. There is no context in the ad, just a woman getting strangled. The fact that no one flagged this is offensive and frankly, stupid. The geniuses behind this, and I use that term lightly, need to to take a long hard look at the mirror and see how they are contributing to society. Imagine if it were a black man being strangled by a white man, or a gay male being strangled by a hetero? The outcry would be enormous. So let’s right this wrong. 20th Century Fox, since you can’t manage to put any women directors on your slate for the next two years, how about you at least replace your ad?"

She continued: "I’ll close with a text my friend sent, a conversation with his daughter. It follows: ‘My daughter and I were just having a deep discussion on the brutality of that hideous X-Men poster yesterday. Her words: 'Dad, why is that monster man committing violence against a woman?' This from a 9-year-old. If she can see it, why can’t Fox?"

THR reached out to Fox and producer Lauren Shuler Donner, who didn’t respond as of press time.

The image has met with criticism on the East Coast as well. New York blogger EV Grieve posted a photo of the poster above a subway station in the city at First Avenue and 14th Street that had been covered with eight pieces of paper that connected to say, "This violence in my kid's face is not okay."

"I do see it as problematic," says Jennifer McCleary-Sills, director of gender violence and rights for the International Center for Research on Women, a global research institute that seeks to empower women, advance gender equality and fight poverty in the developing world. "I understand that some might not see it as an issue because it is a film about violence … with male and female characters who are warriors and fighting each other as equals."

She continued that even though the image depicts a fictitious scene in a fantasy film and features characters who are "mutants," it can still have an affect on anyone who sees it.

"Here's the thing: Where do we draw the line?" she asks. "They morph into humans and most of their interactions are similar to what humans would have while as mutants. … The fantasy life can involve violence against women, and that shows how normalized it is. The argument that it shouldn't be offensive because they are mutants doesn't hold any water, … and what really is the challenge here is the intentionality of it. You could have chosen any from the thousands of images, but you chose this one. Whose attention did you want to get and to what end?"

She adds that the "striking image" of Apocalypse choking Mystique is a reminder of how violence against women is used as a default and "seen as sexy for all the wrong reasons."

"There are no silver bullets," McCleary-Sills adds. "I'm glad that a bit of a stink has been raised about this and that people are being provoked to think about why this image isn't OK and why [the studio] could've done better."

Devin Faraci, editor-in-chief of the blog Birth.Movies.Death agrees, calling the billboard "tone deaf as hell."

"Images of violence against women are pretty common in the X-Men universe, which is a pretty violent universe. The problem is taking this one image out of context and having it be an image that is not fantastical in nature. Setting aside that Apocalypse and Mystique look like Smurfs, it's just an image of a big guy choking out a smaller woman. I have wracked my brains trying to come up with an example of a marketing image like this featuring two men, and I've come up empty," he tells THR.

Should the studio have picked another image? Writer and editor Jay Edidin, an X-Men expert who is one half of the podcast “Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men," says "unquestionably."

"It's gratuitous, it's offensive in completely useless ways. Offensive isn't always necessarily bad, but this is offensive in ways that serve absolutely no purpose, and while it does depict a scene from the actual film, it's also a terrible representation of the movie as a whole," Edidin notes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/rose-mcgowan-calls-x-men-898538

Interesting given my criticism of Coates depiction of Afrakans in general and Wakandans specifically or more so Afrakan women in general and Wakandan women specifically.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: June 03, 2016, 06:55:43 am »
People think that picture is sexy?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:34 am »

There are some sick sick people out there in the world... Brother Ture I will say i agree that depictions of Africans and African women has been a hot issue, i do not think Coates is trying to do anything offensive, quite the opposite actually by having WOC be heroes and fighting against it (though it in turn may be harming T'Challa's rep since it got that bad, though thats another discussion) I think though what Coates is doing is vastly different then that Billboard and i highly doubt Coates or Stelfreeze (since he does the covers) would pick  scene like from the bandit camp for instance, and use that as a cover art to promote people to read the story.. 

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3578 on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:34 am »

There are some sick sick people out there in the world... Brother Ture I will say i agree that depictions of Africans and African women has been a hot issue, i do not think Coates is trying to do anything offensive, quite the opposite actually by having WOC be heroes and fighting against it (though it in turn may be harming T'Challa's rep since it got that bad, though thats another discussion) I think though what Coates is doing is vastly different then that Billboard and i highly doubt Coates or Stelfreeze (since he does the covers) would pick  scene like from the bandit camp for instance, and use that as a cover art to promote people to read the story.. 

Brother Ezyo, I would agree that Coates is not trying to do anything offensive but his lack of effort belies the fact that for literally hundreds of thousands of readers of his Black Panther comic, many of whom I'm sure are women, Afrakan women (so called black women), have to witness violence against women in a country that should be far removed from such acts. Remember my criticism is that these abuses are occurring in Wakanda, a nation that is not unfamiliar with female rulership and warriorship. If ever there was a safe haven for women to never fear such atrocities... Wakanda should be that place.

This is one of my strongest criticism. That and the fact that such occurrences happen on T'Challa, the Black Panther's watch, a man with a contingency plans for the world devourer, is the height of insult. T'Challa wasn't born in or inherited a Gotham City.

For readers of Coates Black Panther they are immersed in a story where an Afrakan man (the hero) may have to physically fight one or more Afrakan women (anti heroines and villain) who are victims of abuse and justified in many of their actions. While scenes of women being abused have not made the cover the interior is salient with them. The circumstances and situations Coates is applying to Wakanda offend its sensibilities.  How's that for a two issue introduction.

Coates would have been better served if he made the villainess truly evil and had the atrocities occurring someplace other than Wakanda. Use some imagination and have Wakanda afflicted with some other social maladies and challenges not just those straight out of the headlines or some hot button topics.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:10:18 pm by Ture »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: June 03, 2016, 03:10:31 pm »
^
Is this the cover for the next issue? If so, I guess T'Challa is taking another loss.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #3580 on: June 05, 2016, 12:33:42 pm »
New Black Panther, New Black Power!

driven by Soul Power

excerpts from the sketchbook 2016

"Beast-Mode"

BP God

practice makes perfect

lots more to come. remember, I been on it!

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: June 05, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

driven by Soul Power

"Beast-Mode"

BP God

practice makes perfect

Very nice! Is there a link of more pics like it? Great stuff!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3582 on: June 05, 2016, 10:50:00 pm »

driven by Soul Power

"Beast-Mode"

BP God

practice makes perfect

Absolutely superb renderings APEXABYSS. You never cease to amaze. Since you and The Wakandan are killing the BP art check out these.

Black Panther Concept Art For Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
Jay Jayson- 06/05/2016

“The concept for the Black Panther costume came from Marvel's visual development. Ryan Mynerding, their head of visual development, and I worked very closely to try to get this costume realized," Judiaanna Makovsky, Captain America: Civil War costume designer, told Tyranny of Style. "It has many patterns intertwined, particularly etched into the helmet, hands and feet.

The suit itself had to be very malleable and flexible, but still look like it has vibranium woven into it. The actor needed to have very feline movement so to find a fabric that would convey that was a challenge. It is made up of a stretch with three different interwoven textures as well as molded pieces. The hardest part was getting the suit to not be bulky and reflect the body of a gymnast instead of a big muscular superhero.”

full article
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/06/05/black-panther-concept-art-for-marvels-captain-america-civil-war/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:12:13 pm by Ture »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: June 06, 2016, 02:37:35 pm »
Who wrote this magnificent post?  8) 8) 8)

There is more than one way to "kill" a so called black character.

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO ISSUES AND...

Black Panther is the New Black.  Popular writer in Coates; comic book selling out at more than a quarter million issues making it one of the highest selling comic of 2016. A breakout debut performance in Civil War the highest grossing film of the year so far; products and merchandising; in the midst of developing an all star line up for his upcoming solo. There's little room for argument that the Black Panther has arrived.

Yet though little it may be, the space left for argument resides in what iteration of the Black Panther has arrived... specifically in his comic book? Thus far Coates' Panther lacks the maturity and sophistication of Priest's. Coates wrote a Panther with a deficit in tactics and strategy thus belying any true preparation in confronting his opponent. The fact that atrocities such as enslavement are occurring on T'Challa's watch demonstrates a Black Panther who is ill equipped to protect his people. Judging from the first page where we see Coates's Black Panther for the first time, taking a knee due to what looks like a head wound, his Black Panther seems ill equipped to protect himself.

12 Years a Eunuch...while it hasn't been quite that long (there was a one nighter with Storm under Hickman's pen), post Hudlin, the Black Panther has been void of any serious romantic and sexual relationships. For all practical purposes principal Black Panther writers Hickman, Liss and Maberry have put T'Challa through an intense dry spell. Coates' has yet to present any evidence that he will end this trend, quite the contrary in fact, Coates shifts the focus of a romantic and sexual relationship  to the Dora Milaje.

Wakanda: The Most Technologically Advanced Society in the World. As we begin our tour of Wakanda, we visit the Great Mound, devoid of any high tech, where we witness a worker's strike. You mean to tell me that Wakanda still has miners physically digging up vibranium? No wonder there was a work stoppage. Our next stop is the beautiful Golden City where we see a woman in a slave collar on her knees receiving a death sentence for a righteous kill. We pass the Nigandan Boarder where a hostile anti Wakandan army is gathering a and we visit the Wakandan Prison Cells. We stop by the Necropolis aka the city of the dead and then on to the Bandit Compound of enslaved women. Did I neglect to mention we visited a class at the Hekima Shule and the Plane of Wakandan Memory? "Wakanda a hell of a place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there." said a departing visitor.

The Black Panther a comic book in which T'Challa's new ability appears very useful against normal non powered individuals, however by now I'm sure someone has probably informed Coates that he should state that the no name that body slammed the Black Panther was super human.

The Black Panther a comic book in which T"Challa's own people are ashamed of him for no other reason than poor storytelling by uninformed writers too consumed with their own agendas to be bothered with writing the character according to the precedence and  mandates previously established.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have described how Wakanda was able to rebuild so quickly after the biblical flood that killed thousands, a coup orchestrated by Doctor Doom, an invasion by the villain Thanos and maintained its cultural cohesion, social and moral integrity all under the auspices and guidance of T'Challa.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have focused own how a mature T'Challa and a mature Ororo handled their annulment. He could have explored their relationship and began to drop hints of a love undying, a romance still flowering and the sexual tension of a man and woman who duties and responsibilities keep them too often apart.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have shown how T'Challa repaired his relationship with the Dora Milaje by following the tradition of having only two and dismantling and decommissioning the all female army. He could have shown the Doras having a problem with loving a man who they feel cannot commit to them fully as his heart belongs to another.

The Black Panther is a comic book in which Coates could have demonstrated the ancestral Black Panthers paying homage and obeisance to T'Challa for his restoring both Wakanda and the world back to normal. He could have used the bordering countries of Azania, Canaan, Narobia and Niganda to tell his tale of worker's rights, miscarriages of justice, LGBT tales of love, and the rape and enslavement of women. Hell that could have been the reason why the two betrothed Dora Milaje go rogue.

So the question that begs the asking is why are hundreds of thousands being introduced to the Black Panther for the first time by showing an iteration of the character and his country at their nadir while at the height of his exposure?

While it is indeed possible for Coates to turn this around and deliver a truly impressive Black Panther (its only been two issues but what a two issue introduction), that wait and see game has been played too long and too often with too few results worth waiting for in regards to the Damisa-Sarki.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3584 on: June 06, 2016, 02:53:15 pm »
Wassup Chaos Bringer! I was about to pm you to entice you to drop by the ole HEF