Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - PANTHER X  (Read 1064973 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #4560 on: May 28, 2019, 11:56:22 pm »
Has not the white race (which is arguably a minority in the world as the majority are so called people of color) manage to make their customs, traditions and heritage one of the most predominant cultures in existence? The very definition of a survival mechanism.

White people's perceived dominance can be attributed to mistruths, murder & deceiving other racial ethnicities for material gain. 

Survival mechanism is learning to hunt food for subsistence when hungry or drinking water when dehydrated or the need to procreate to produce more individuals; all humans do this but not all humans are liars, murderers or deceptive.

Racism is a by-product of fear, resentment and the fear of retribution not a survival mechanism. 

I'm not explaining away white people who don't practice racism, I'm merely attempting to operationally define the term racism.

I never implied this misunderstanding, my friend.  This is a completely different question as it relates to your 'Star Trek: Enterprise' example with the Andorian.

...but...

What I'm asking you relates to your Chapter 3 story;  If you're telling a story where Namor has an issue with T'Challa's skin tone, where does this off-hand remark originate from?

Like you said ealier, you haven't fleshed out your story (or timeline) clearly enough.

All I asked for is clarification.

I understand Brother Battle and will attempt some clarification. As I said when I first suggested doing our own BP stories, the HEF is the best place for all things BP. Thank you for your support, questions and critiques. This is really fun and encouraging. I can't wait to drop the another chapter.

In light of my posting the conclusion to the battle with Namor, I wanted to redress your earlier concerns Brother Battle. While I will not contest "White people's perceived dominance"  their cultural influence over others remains self evident. The survival mechanism I refer to lends itself more to the psychology they developed for themselves in their dealings with other people, thus their vacillation between the ideological modalities of racism and race first. As for white people who don't practice racism they get the benefits of such regardless. This by no means diminishes those who championed civil rights, equality and justice. In reference to Namor calling T'Challa a black lung man... this is merely descriptive observation on his part not an objectionable pejorative.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Y'know, an idea just came to mind. 

There has been a rash of several beached whale reports off the coast of Southern California lately.  There has also been a few vicious shark attacks, as well.

If I were writing a Namor story, a few ideas for MARVEL Studios to play with would be an unfortunate series of several beached whale reports on a port city beach that garners no attention by public officials.

Days later, a few random vicious shark attacks on private beach area targeting public servants' younger family member would happen that appear to be random.

The shark attacks on private beaches become a daily, if not, weekly occurrence on public servant family members.

These shark attacks eventually gets the attention of mayors and governors to call an emergency press conference.

Alright, I'll stop right here. 

Reading  BP710:THE PROTOCOLS, CHAPTER 3 Battle of the Sub Mariner got me going.

Glad to hear it Battle and I feel you on Namor going faux eco-terrorist. Did this part of the chapter help address the genocide issue?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:05:46 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
BP710:THE PROTOCOLS

CHAPTER 3 Battle of the Sub Mariner

T'Challa runs across the surface of the ocean as Namor jettisons his flag ship sea flying, within seconds they are within arms reach of one another. Tchalla feels the pressure from Namor's trident in his mid section as he is forcibly thrust into the air.

Namor : "Was I supposed to be impressed by messianic feat?"

T'Challa : "More a battle tactic to get you out of the water."

The Black Panther finger strikes both sides of Namor's head simultaneously, his claws ripping into Namor's ear cavities. In one fluid move Tchalla delivers a palm strike to Namors chin, back flips and drop kicks Namor in his chest and silently lands feet first on the surface of the sea. Namor groggily splashes into the water.

Namor : "IMPERIOUS REX!!!"

Tactical officer : "All ships raise hard water shields to maximum! Brace for impact!"

Namors trident begins to glow like a sun going nova. It discharges an omni-directional energy wave buffeting the Black Panther and the Atlantean war fleet for several seconds. There is an incessant ringing in Namor's head as he notices his equilibrium is impaired. Namor sees T'Challa listless form bobbing in the waves and notices his fleet moving in for the kill. Namor gestures them to stop. Using an ancient aquatic sign language Namor instructs a trained great white shark to bring the Black Panther to him.

The shark bumps T'Challa twice before biting down on his unmoving figure. As the shark brings T'Challa within striking distance of Namor, the Black Panther springs into action dislodging several rows of teeth by violently shoulder rolling out of the sea creature's grasp. Namor's trident begins to glow again and T'Challa grabs hold of it.

T'Challa : "Please allow me the courtesy of returning the favor."

The redoubled energy discharge sends both combatants flying opposite directions. While gathering his wits, Namor is met with a swift kick to the head. Namor momentarily sees the Black Panther running back towards him then disappear. Namor is again struck, this time with a sliding knee to the chin. Namor submerges and the Black Panther follows, the vibranium micro turbine impellers in his boots engage keeping T'Challa just outside arms reach.

T'Challa : "Swimming deep will not save you Namor."

Namor smiles as he leads T'Challa into the stygian depths of the deepest part of the ocean called the Challenger Deep, located beneath the  southern end of the Mariana Trench. The Black Panther's vibranium enhanced tapetum lucidum lenses engage allowing T'Challa to view both his surroundings and opponent as if they were bathed in daylight. Suddenly Namor begins to writhe in pain, feeling as if his head were about to explode. As the blackness closes in Namor sees a purple outlined fist before the darkness consumes him. Sunburn and dehydration return consciousness to the Sub Mariner.

T'Challa : " The Sahara Desert."

Namor : "I know where I am."

T'Challa : "You looked a bit confused."

Off to his left Namor sees his trident standing upright in the sand. He walks over to it, grabs it out of the sand and points it towards T'Challa, who stands arms folded against his chest unflinching.

Namor : "You altered your habit. It is embued with the Ba Em Pet."

T'Challa : "That didn't defeat you. You lost... "

Namor : "I know how I lost. You ruptured the protective pressure regulating membrane of my inner ears. Typical Wakandan, always finding some way to fight dishonorably. You do your ancestors proud."

T'Challa : "You lost, just like your ancestor did because of arrogance. You believed there was no way I could best you underwater."

Namor : "You dare mention my ancestors!

T'Challa : "Your ancestor attempted to subjugate ancient Wakanda by controlling international sea routes through the policing and seizure of vessels and their cargo. Your people worst affront was the subterranean hydro siphoning technology they used to embargo and traffic fresh water. Look what it did to the very land we now stand on. Once thriving, plentiful of water and lush with vegetation now a near barren wasteland. This was your people's threat to Wakanda, to the world."

Namor : "My people were not criminals and pirates! We were the greatest mariners the world has ever known. The oceans themselves were our home. We belong to them and they to us. All who were not Atlantean were trespassers and dealt with accordingly."

T'Challa : "You spoke of genocide yet how many suffered and died here? Your people's hydo technology and incessant drilling doomed your continent. We merely accelerated the process."

Namor : "Finally you admit complicity!"

T'Challa : "Some of those old ships in the ancient Atlantean fleet were miles long. You had the means to evacuate everyone continent wide. And you had the time. We saw to that. Had not the Atlantean elite chose to gorge themselves on extravagance, exploit your countries resources for their sole gain, your people might have lived better lives and avoided becoming warmongers.  As it was in the past and so it is today,both you and your people invited defeat."

T'Challa turns and walks toward a waiting Talon Fighter.

T'Challa : "I will notify your fleet where to find you a few hours after they leave Wakandan territory."

Namor : "I will bring you and your country to heel!"

The Black Panther reaches out his arm and Namor's trident flies out of his hand and into T'Challa's grasp. It glows purple and disintegrates into dust.

T'Challa : "Make that a few days."

I really liked this chapter. Got the creative juices going! T'Challa calling Namor's trident to his palm, disintegrating it with a rush of power, and then saying: "Make that a few days."...was just so clearly a thing T'Challa would do!

Those of us familiar with Atlantean genius know that the hypertech of Atlantis allows them to find Namor in microseconds. If that long. But just as subtly and clearly, T'Challa is deliberately disrupting the Atlantean search from being successful with Wakandan uboratek...superior technology/hypertech...which must be significantly greater thant hat of Atlantis if Wakanda can block Atlantis from finding her Prince nearly instantly, and prevent Atlantis' success for DAYS.

I'm glad you dug this chapter SI. What did you think of the martial arts moves T'Challa used?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Maybe its in a earlier chapter, but why is Namor attacking WK?

Here you go Bro Cville. These two conversations sum it up pretty well.

Convo 1

N'Yami : "Centuries before your births,  your Atef championed  the great continental unification of Afraka, based on the pact no nation shall war against another. While Wakanda has always held a unique sovereignty, two additional nations were chosen to usher in this era of prosperity." 

Ramonda : "So'Naht of Shilongo Bankule quietly sought to usurp Wakanda. He began secretly cloning those Outriders and surreptitiously allied himself with the war loving ruling family of Atlantis, the Thakorrs. In addition to this he formed a clandestine alliance with En Sabah Nur of Egypt. The former for their military tech and the latter for the Soul Gem." 

N'Yami : "With the soul gem in his possession, So'Naht found a way to force the spirits of deceased warriors to inhabit the cloned bodies of the Outriders." 

Ramonda : "So'Naht and En Sabah Nur agreed to entrust the Thakorrs  with safeguarding the Soul Gem in exchange for their military support. T'Chaka was forced to commit regicide in the attempt to retrieve the Soul Gem. Unfortunately their deaths were the needed blood sacrifice that ritually gave So'Naht control over his imprisoned deceased. He had his army.

Convo 2

King T'Chaka : "You speak of honor and tradition while lacking the former and desecrating the latter. For centuries, we three Founding families guided and protected the mother/father land. It was you and En Sabah Nur who were responsible for the Soul Wars."

So'Naht : "And it was you, Founder Supreme, that decided we should unify the continent. You who stated that the three most powerful nations should rule Afraka.

King T'Chaka : "Rule? No. The founding nations of Egypt, Shilongo Bankule  and Wakanda governed the mother/father continent in accordance with the laws of the Neteru hur Neterutu... and governed well until lust and ambition corrupted the hearts of two  individuals."

So'Naht : "Why settle for a continent when one can have a planet. As goes Afraka so goes the world. Speak truth King T'Chaka. It was you who initiated the Soul Wars when you slayed Namor's parents."

King T'Chaka : "The truth is Namor's parents were seduced by En Sabah Nur the Apocalypse and  So'Naht, Worshiper of War. Our pact was no war of nations. Any dispute would be handled by the governing families.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Envision a BP comic with this art.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
And these covers.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
There is a lot of talent out there.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Glad to hear it Battle and I feel you on Namor going faux eco-terrorist.

My little synopsis wasn't intended for anyone to know what's behind the beached whales or why the sharks are targeting humans on private beaches.   

Hell, I don't even know!  ;D

I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #4568 on: May 29, 2019, 05:57:33 am »
In light of my posting the conclusion to the battle with Namor, I wanted to redress your earlier concerns Brother Battle. While I will not contest "White people's perceived dominance"  their cultural influence over others remains self evident. The survival mechanism I refer to lends itself more to the psychology they developed for themselves in their dealings with other people, thus their vacillation between the ideological modalities of racism and race first.

White folks' cultural influence is self evident as a result of assimilation, which, again was achieved through the technique of mistruths, murder & deception.  Not too difficult to understand.

The survival mechanism you write about is not about survival; it is insecurity...  It is  fear...  It is inner guilt...  These are not survival traits in a civilized society.  Lying, murder and cheating are crimes in a civilized society.

As for white people who don't practice racism they get the benefits of such regardless. This by no means diminishes those who championed civil rights, equality and justice.

Agreed.

In reference to Namor calling T'Challa a black lung man... this is merely descriptive observation on his part not an objectionable pejorative.

oh... I see.

Whenever I see fictional white characters remark about a fictional black characters' skin tone, those kinds of comments leap out at me.

I got the 'lung man' portion considering Namor is a sea dwelling creature, however, going into skin tone sounds confrontational.

The remark had to come from somewhere especially if they're gonna 'lock horns' as Supreme once wrote.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:36:55 am by Battle »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

T'Challa runs across the surface of the ocean as Namor jettisons his flag ship sea flying, within seconds they are within arms reach of one another. Tchalla feels the pressure from Namor's trident in his mid section as he is forcibly thrust into the air.

The Black Panther finger strikes both sides of Namor's head simultaneously, his claws ripping into Namor's ear cavities. In one fluid move Tchalla delivers a palm strike to Namors chin, back flips and drop kicks Namor in his chest and silently lands feet first on the surface of the sea. Namor groggily splashes into the water.

Tactical officer : "All ships raise hard water shields to maximum! Brace for impact!"

Namors trident begins to glow like a sun going nova. It discharges an omni-directional energy wave buffeting the Black Panther and the Atlantean war fleet for several seconds. There is an incessant ringing in Namor's head as he notices his equilibrium is impaired. Namor sees T'Challa listless form bobbing in the waves and notices his fleet moving in for the kill. Namor gestures them to stop. Using an ancient aquatic sign language Namor instructs a trained great white shark to bring the Black Panther to him.

The shark bumps T'Challa twice before biting down on his unmoving figure. As the shark brings T'Challa within striking distance of Namor, the Black Panther springs into action dislodging several rows of teeth by violently shoulder rolling out of the sea creature's grasp. Namor's trident begins to glow again and T'Challa grabs hold of it.

The redoubled energy discharge sends both combatants flying opposite directions. While gathering his wits, Namor is met with a swift kick to the head. Namor momentarily sees the Black Panther running back towards him then disappear. Namor is again struck, this time with a sliding knee to the chin. Namor submerges and the Black Panther follows, the vibranium micro turbine impellers in his boots engage keeping T'Challa just outside arms reach.

Namor smiles as he leads T'Challa into the stygian depths of the deepest part of the ocean called the Challenger Deep, located beneath the  southern end of the Mariana Trench. The Black Panther's vibranium enhanced tapetum lucidum lenses engage allowing T'Challa to view both his surroundings and opponent as if they were bathed in daylight. Suddenly Namor begins to writhe in pain, feeling as if his head were about to explode. As the blackness closes in Namor sees a purple outlined fist before the darkness consumes him. Sunburn and dehydration return consciousness to the Sub Mariner.

Off to his left Namor sees his trident standing upright in the sand. He walks over to it, grabs it out of the sand and points it towards T'Challa, who stands arms folded against his chest unflinching.

Namor : "I know how I lost. You ruptured the protective pressure regulating membrane of my inner ears. Typical Wakandan, always finding some way to fight dishonorably. You do your ancestors proud."

T'Challa : "You lost, just like your ancestor did because of arrogance. You believed there was no way I could best you underwater."

T'Challa : "Your ancestor attempted to subjugate ancient Wakanda by controlling international sea routes through the policing and seizure of vessels and their cargo. Your people worst affront was the subterranean hydro siphoning technology they used to embargo and traffic fresh water. Look what it did to the very land we now stand on. Once thriving, plentiful of water and lush with vegetation now a near barren wasteland. This was your people's threat to Wakanda, to the world."

Namor : "My people were not criminals and pirates! We were the greatest mariners the world has ever known. The oceans themselves were our home. We belong to them and they to us. All who were not Atlantean were trespassers and dealt with accordingly."

T'Challa : "You spoke of genocide yet how many suffered and died here? Your people's hydo technology and incessant drilling doomed your continent. We merely accelerated the process."

T'Challa : "Some of those old ships in the ancient Atlantean fleet were miles long. You had the means to evacuate everyone continent wide. And you had the time. We saw to that. Had not the Atlantean elite chose to gorge themselves on extravagance, exploit your countries resources for their sole gain, your people might have lived better lives and avoided becoming warmongers.  As it was in the past and so it is today,both you and your people invited defeat."

T'Challa : "I will notify your fleet where to find you a few hours after they leave Wakandan territory."

The Black Panther reaches out his arm and Namor's trident flies out of his hand and into T'Challa's grasp. It glows purple and disintegrates into dust.

I really liked this chapter. Got the creative juices going! T'Challa calling Namor's trident to his palm, disintegrating it with a rush of power, and then saying: "Make that a few days."...was just so clearly a thing T'Challa would do!

Those of us familiar with Atlantean genius know that the hypertech of Atlantis allows them to find Namor in microseconds. If that long. But just as subtly and clearly, T'Challa is deliberately disrupting the Atlantean search from being successful with Wakandan uboratek...superior technology/hypertech...which must be significantly greater thant hat of Atlantis if Wakanda can block Atlantis from finding her Prince nearly instantly, and prevent Atlantis' success for DAYS.

I'm glad you dug this chapter SI. What did you think of the martial arts moves T'Challa used?

I was definitely going to go into detail about my thoughts regarding the Montu Ra Kupambana...we don't say "martial arts", as that phrase literally means 'the arts of Mars" the War God of Rome; and Rome was an implacable enemy of Afrika so we of course would never be adherents of "the arts of Mars' but we DID study them in order to defeat them all the more easily [ which we did for centuries ]...as I found them to be both impressive and a little difficult to follow in one or two areas.

The claws piercing the membrane of Namor's inner ear...probably parallel to the "tempanic membrane"...was a dope and inspired move. The technique is a REAL TECHNIQUE. In various parts of Afrika, it's called Mkuki Mkono or Mkono Ya Mkuki...and translates roughly as "Spear/Javelin Hand".  I was surprised...pleasantly...that T'Challa didn't use Makucha Ya Chui...Claws of the Panther...for this attack. If he did? He would have reduced his chances of success, although the technique would have had the added benefit of gouging Namor's eyes.

After T'Challa kicked Namor in his noggin in your battle above, T'Challa used a movement that allowed him to disappear on Namor. That is a real life Principle in the Afrakan warrior arts of Montu Ra drawn from literally hundreds of thousands of variations on the theme of Harakati ya kutoonekana...."invisible movement"...that accesses Pembe Ya Udanganyifu..."Angle of Deception", all of which are prized concepts in my family's fighting system of Njia Uhuru Kipura... before the use of the "sliding knee" [ nice description ] to the chin.

I actually would have thought that T'Challa would have targeted the equivalent of the liver for such a shot [ it's closer and harder to defend when the attack comes from an angle that isn't seen until AFTER the attack connects ]. It also has the humongous advantage of causing excruciating pain and manipulating the height, width and depth of Namor [ and pretty much anyone else hit there ] in such a way that they are reliably vulnerable to a swift and vicious head butt. Head butts are very common in the Afrakan fighting arts and Afrakan warriors are EXTREMELY proficient with head butts. A single head butt by and Afrakan warrior has been known to kill their opponents...for millenia. This is where both the Asians [ who are Afrikans themselves in many instances ] and Europeans have copied their head butts from, but they don't use the angles, creative entries, full body commitment, and the psychological and physical setups that we do.

A sliding knee to the chin tends to be automatically defended against by the experienced warrior, especially once a kick to the noggin has landed first. If a high knee follows a high kick? It's usually because the opponent is dazed with their defenses momentarily down, and the attacker is within close quarters of the opponent. If not? What usually happens is that...even when dazed...the opponent covers up in order to prevent the success of further assaults. This is where trapping, standing grappling, etc can remove the protecting hands, and it's also where Afrakan warriors have famously applied lethal head butts. Clinching, trapping, checking the opponent into an exposed and undesired [ for him/her/them ] position, using the clinch to wrench the opponent off balance, Head butts, bites, gouges and elbows are terrific set ups to low and high attacks using the knee as a weapon.

But just going into a sliding knee without a set up is highly unusual. Oftentimes dangerous. But success in the use of this technique without any form of setup? Usually shows that the person who did this is truly ganxta with da skillz.

You know what else I liked? Your specific statement that T'Challa had his own tapetum lucidum. I haven't seen that phrase in DECADES. I actually froze for a moment, trying to remember what it was. Then I remembered it's that membrane that vertebrates use which drops in their eyes to redirect light back into their visual receptors so they can see better at night. I mentioned that I thought that this is what we saw in the vertical pupils of other and previous 616 versions of T'Challa. Especially that brief period in the Marvel Knights or whatever it was that showed T'Challa had GREEN where the "whites of his eyes" usually are. This tapetum lucidum is "kurudi kwa manga"..."return of light"...and is spoken of as an ability that can be spiritually achieved by the sufficiently disciplined and dedicated Afrikan warrior.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Glad to hear it Battle and I feel you on Namor going faux eco-terrorist.

My little synopsis wasn't intended for anyone to know what's behind the beached whales or why the sharks are targeting humans on private beaches.   

Hell, I don't even know!  ;D

I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Got u. I have always championed that Aquaman and Namor should be environmentalist for ocean conservancy. Just makes sense that if the surface dwellers continue their practice of wanton killing of sea life and polluting of the oceans someone with power has to stop them.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

I was definitely going to go into detail about my thoughts regarding the Montu Ra Kupambana...we don't say "martial arts", as that phrase literally means 'the arts of Mars" the War God of Rome; and Rome was an implacable enemy of Afrika so we of course would never be adherents of "the arts of Mars' but we DID study them in order to defeat them all the more easily [ which we did for centuries ]...as I found them to be both impressive and a little difficult to follow in one or two areas.

The claws piercing the membrane of Namor's inner ear...probably parallel to the "tempanic membrane"...was a dope and inspired move. The technique is a REAL TECHNIQUE. In various parts of Afrika, it's called Mkuki Mkono or Mkono Ya Mkuki...and translates roughly as "Spear/Javelin Hand".  I was surprised...pleasantly...that T'Challa didn't use Makucha Ya Chui...Claws of the Panther...for this attack. If he did? He would have reduced his chances of success, although the technique would have had the added benefit of gouging Namor's eyes.

After T'Challa kicked Namor in his noggin in your battle above, T'Challa used a movement that allowed him to disappear on Namor. That is a real life Principle in the Afrakan warrior arts of Montu Ra drawn from literally hundreds of thousands of variations on the theme of Harakati ya kutoonekana...."invisible movement"...that accesses Pembe Ya Udanganyifu..."Angle of Deception", all of which are prized concepts in my family's fighting system of Njia Uhuru Kipura... before the use of the "sliding knee" [ nice description ] to the chin.

I actually would have thought that T'Challa would have targeted the equivalent of the liver for such a shot [ it's closer and harder to defend when the attack comes from an angle that isn't seen until AFTER the attack connects ]. It also has the humongous advantage of causing excruciating pain and manipulating the height, width and depth of Namor [ and pretty much anyone else hit there ] in such a way that they are reliably vulnerable to a swift and vicious head butt. Head butts are very common in the Afrakan fighting arts and Afrakan warriors are EXTREMELY proficient with head butts. A single head butt by and Afrakan warrior has been known to kill their opponents...for millenia. This is where both the Asians [ who are Afrikans themselves in many instances ] and Europeans have copied their head butts from, but they don't use the angles, creative entries, full body commitment, and the psychological and physical setups that we do.

A sliding knee to the chin tends to be automatically defended against by the experienced warrior, especially once a kick to the noggin has landed first. If a high knee follows a high kick? It's usually because the opponent is dazed with their defenses momentarily down, and the attacker is within close quarters of the opponent. If not? What usually happens is that...even when dazed...the opponent covers up in order to prevent the success of further assaults. This is where trapping, standing grappling, etc can remove the protecting hands, and it's also where Afrakan warriors have famously applied lethal head butts. Clinching, trapping, checking the opponent into an exposed and undesired [ for him/her/them ] position, using the clinch to wrench the opponent off balance, Head butts, bites, gouges and elbows are terrific set ups to low and high attacks using the knee as a weapon.

But just going into a sliding knee without a set up is highly unusual. Oftentimes dangerous. But success in the use of this technique without any form of setup? Usually shows that the person who did this is truly ganxta with da skillz.

You know what else I liked? Your specific statement that T'Challa had his own tapetum lucidum. I haven't seen that phrase in DECADES. I actually froze for a moment, trying to remember what it was. Then I remembered it's that membrane that vertebrates use which drops in their eyes to redirect light back into their visual receptors so they can see better at night. I mentioned that I thought that this is what we saw in the vertical pupils of other and previous 616 versions of T'Challa. Especially that brief period in the Marvel Knights or whatever it was that showed T'Challa had GREEN where the "whites of his eyes" usually are. This tapetum lucidum is "kurudi kwa manga"..."return of light"...and is spoken of as an ability that can be spiritually achieved by the sufficiently disciplined and dedicated Afrikan warrior.

I feel you on that SI as we too use a very similar phrase Mentu Sa. Good breakdown of the tapetum lucidum. I envisioned the sliding knee being delivered by T'Challa skimming the surface of the water while Namor's head was bobbing in the waves. Your appraisal and exposition on the techniques used were good read.

I always favored the acquisition of special and unique abilities earned through disciplined training and and spiritual evolution to produce knowledge and mastery of body and mind. I would often compare the feats performed in Asian martial arts films with those of comic book characters. Now we have too many heroes and heroines that have gone the "Batman" route and learned all kinds of skills. I used to love comparing accidental, planned or genetic mutation acquired powers with those obtained through intense martial arts training.

Let see Spidey, Beast or Nightcrawler do this...

Watch out Ka El, cause flying is not out of the equation.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

I feel you on that SI as we too use a very similar phrase Mentu Sa. Good breakdown of the tapetum lucidum. I envisioned the sliding knee being delivered by T'Challa skimming the surface of the water while Namor's head was bobbing in the waves. Your appraisal and exposition on the techniques used were good read.

I always favored the acquisition of special and unique abilities earned through disciplined training and and spiritual evolution to produce knowledge and mastery of body and mind. I would often compare the feats performed in Asian martial arts films with those of comic book characters. Now we have too many heroes and heroines that have gone the "Batman" route and learned all kinds of skills. I used to love comparing accidental, planned or genetic mutation acquired powers with those obtained through intense martial arts training.

That^^^^is exactly why we love and respect you, Ndugu Ture.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

That^^^^is exactly why we love and respect you, Ndugu Ture.

Much appreciated Brother Supreme. I knew you'ld feel where I was comin' from.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
OVER 1 MILLION VIEWS
Much appreciation to my HEF fam for all the support over these many years.

CHAPTER 4 STORM WATCH

T'Challa begins to run and quickly vanishes from Namor's view. He leaps over a small sand dune to his hovering Talon Fighter. T'challa senses a change in the wind currents and looks up.

Ororo : "So now you walk on water and can summon objects with a thought. What's next  casting vibranium lightening from your fingers and manipulating tsunamis? Sure you're not a god or maybe Djaliafo?"

T'Challa : "Ororo, why are you here?"

Ororo : "I thought you might need some help."

T'Challa : "You did not."

Ororo : "Want a lift back to the Golden City?"

T'Challa : "I don't require a..."

Ororo : "Too late."

T'Challa signals his Talon Fighter to remotely pilot itself back to the Golden City. The Black Panther and Storm travel in silence save for the command T'Challa gives Kimoyo to permit them to enter safely through the defense shield.

Ororo : "Arms folded across your chest, standing so erect. You fly with such regal baring. What would happen if I turned you upside down."

In minutes they land on the observation deck of the Wakandan Royal Palace where Nakia and Okoye are waiting to receive their king. After saluting one another Okoye breaks the silence.

Okoye : "A most profound victory my sovereign. As always you do Wakanda and its people proud."

T'Challa : "Ashante sana Okoye, ashante."

Okoye : "Ashante na wewe. Shuri left the observation post after you took Namor to the desert. She said she knew how that part would end. She also requested you come to visit her in the lab after the storm... her words. With your permission my sovereign I will take my leave of you to finish a training regimen."

T'Challa : "By all means of course. Wakanda Forever."

Okoye : "Wakanda Forever."

T'Challa, Nakia and Ororo proceed through the maze of corridors that line the palace. T'Challa's armor nano techs into a formal tunic, pants and sandles.

Nakia : "I never tire of seeing that. Those outside Wakanda postulate that it is done using the unstable molecules that Dr Richards discovered before the accident. Some even suggest that Dr. Richards' intellect rivals your own my king."

T'Challa : "Rivals?"

Nakia : "Still others have even gone so far as to suggest that with the increase of mutations and meta humans in the west you may even rank at number eight with regards to who is the world's smartest genius."

T'Challa : "Eighth?" 

T'Challa smiles.

T'Challa : "Is it your intent to invoke my ire."

Nakia : "If you want to impress upon me your ferocity and indignation you should pull me close, press your body against mine. Speak your words slow and methodical. Make me feel your authority, passionately threatening.  Make it intimate. Who is to say what my response would be."

T'Challa : "Now that you have my attention..."

Nakia smiles.

Nakia : "I shall take my leave now, my sovereign. With your permission of course."

T'Challa : "Of course. Wakanda Forever."

Nakia : "Wakanda Forever."

Nakia salutes T'Challa and winks at Ororo.  As Nakia walks away her footfalls are not heard and just mere yards away she melts into the shadows.

Ororo : "You are so going to have problems with that one."

T'Challa and Ororo exit the palace and enter the grand expanse of the Cascading Promenade and visit its many shops.

Ororo : "It so amazing, no money, no credit or debits. You just take what you want."

T'Challa : "More accurately one is given what one needs."

For the next hour they walk , then the silence is broken when Ororo whispers "I don't think I'll ever want to live anywhere else." T'Challa smiles. They run up the spiraling staircase of the Amber Pagoda."   

T'Challa : "Are you tired?"

Ororo : "No, but then I didn't just fight an Atlantean warrior king."

T'Challa : "Atlantean 'roid rage in a Speedo. Let us walk."

Ororo : "No more flying?"

T'Challa : "No more flying. I like to walk. And I like the way you walk. And Birnin Zana is the city to walk in."

Ororo : "It's a beautiful city. The most beautiful city I've ever seen."

T'Challa : "It will take more than a week to see it all. Can you not stay longer?"

Ororo : "No, I have to go to school. I've been accepted at the Xavier institute."

T'Challa : "Accepted? The Xavier institute?"

Ororo : "Didn't you study abroad?"

T'Challa : "I wouldn't call what I did study in the traditional sense. I traveled the world and beyond to perfect techniques and stratagems to determine ways and measures to defeat any and all threats to the realm. The best knowledge based education is to be had here in Wakanda."

They stop along the bridge crossing Tranquility lake.

Ororo : "What's that?"

T'Challa : "The Birnin Zana Royal Conservatory."

Ororo : "You didn't even look.

T'Challa : "I didn't order it moved."

Ororo : "I guess you showed it to lots of women on this bridge."

T'Challa : "One or two."

Ororo : "Nakia and Monica I would wager."

T'Challa : "You'ld loose. Monica has yet to visit Wakanda. Ororo, I've read his work. Charles Xavier's views are extreme. He borders on being a mutant supremacist."

Ororo : "You have him confused with Dr Erik Lehnsherr."

T'Challa : "His theories on meta-humans born with abilities are all based in the ascendancy of genetic mutations. He will diagnose you as such in an attempt to get you to believe you are more than Afrakan while in reality he has lessened you as whole being... and equally important, as belonging to the Djalia."

Ororo : "Didn't you promise me some vegan Wat and Melktert? I hear Wakanda has the worlds best plant based cuisine."

T'Challa : "It won't fly away."

Ororo : "No, but I might."

T'Challa : "You might? Fly away from the garden spot of the Wakandan Interstellar Community."

Ororo : "I don't want to debate on an empty stomach."

T'Challa inhales deeply.

T'Challa : "I think I better get you that Wat and Melktert."

Ororo smiles.

Ororo : "I think you better.