Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1076965 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - PANTHER X
« Reply #4635 on: October 11, 2019, 05:04:33 am »
I know very little about Manga.

But does it have "single issues" in Japan or whatever? Or is it always in volumes (aka trades lol) that you see at bookstores?

Ive only glanced at Manga and find the art kinda boring and much prefer anime if I need a japanese fix lol

The direct market is simply terrible

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 11, 2019, 05:34:09 am »
I know very little about Manga.

But does it have "single issues" in Japan or whatever? Or is it always in volumes (aka trades lol) that you see at bookstores?

Ive only glanced at Manga and find the art kinda boring and much prefer anime if I need a japanese fix lol

The direct market is simply terrible

In Japan new manga mostly starts as one chapter per week in a large anthology magazine with other titles. So a new chapter of Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Naruto would come out in the same book. Then they get turned into trades like we do.

Another way they do manga is through light novels. Stories with added illustrations.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4637 on: October 11, 2019, 09:10:27 am »
How much does that cost?

So basically, instead of havine 15 separate issues each week that happen each month... they have one large "issue" of multiple comics that come out weekly?

That sounds...so much better but impossible to churn out in the american comic art style.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 11, 2019, 10:02:49 am »
How much does that cost?

So basically, instead of havine 15 separate issues each week that happen each month... they have one large "issue" of multiple comics that come out weekly?

That sounds...so much better but impossible to churn out in the american comic art style.

Looks like it cost $2.50 in 2013.

But Viz, the American distributor gives new chapters away for free digitally. With a subscription service to have access to everything.

2018 circulation was 1.7 million copies.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:05:12 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 12, 2019, 07:27:31 pm »
Infind it interesting they say superhero comic's are dying when two of the big, hot mangas right now are superhero mangas ( my Hero academia, and one punch man)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4640 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:22 am »
How much does that cost?

Looks like it cost $2.50 in 2013.

But Viz, the American distributor gives new chapters away for free digitally. With a subscription service to have access to everything.

2018 circulation was 1.7 million copies.

the direct market is stopping the digital subscription service from being the thing

there is no reason it shouldn't. Digitial weekly issues with trades being at bookstores

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 15, 2019, 09:30:27 am »
That's probably what's coming in the next decade or so. Once there aren't enough comic stores to justify printing floppies. The surviving stores might turn in bookstores/manga cafes.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4642 on: October 15, 2019, 11:34:04 am »
That or comic books stores will become high end specialty stores servicing a niche market of collectors who will shell out $20.00 dollars an issue for the latest release. I see them being themed cafes complete exotic menus and cosplay servers; escape and game rooms with all the bells, whistles necessary to maintain their clientele.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 15, 2019, 12:15:16 pm »
In the right location, there should be a business in unlimited reading of trades and manga for a fee per hour. Just have to have a better inventory than Barnes and Nobles. lol. The ones in Japan have snacks and free drinks with private cubicles. Probably only work in towns close to college campuses in the U.S.

I spend at least $20 a week at my LCS. If I could get that for 3-4 hours of reading at a café, I'd be good.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:17:12 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4644 on: October 16, 2019, 05:55:35 pm »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

The Mutants known as the X Men continue their provocation against the Black Panther and Wakanda in their monthly periodical. While propaganda stills show Cyclops' opti-blast impotent against the realms greatest natural resource they go on to show Magneto (under great strain) ripping a thin sheet of vibranium. The question begging the asking is how did Orchis acquire our precious metal?

The Mutant's exploitation of Storm, former Wakandan queen and current love interest of our beloved King T'Challa continues unabated. Ororo's friendship with them has caused repeated strain on their relationship. The day may soon be approaching when she will have to choose either the Black Panther or the X Men.

EXCLUSIVE!

A Vibranium Trumpet source has just confirmed that sometime next month a group of X Men will be on the moon at the same time as the Black Panther and his Agents of Wakanda. Here are the pictures she sent us.

Mere coincidence? We think not. Why are the X Men there and what does that mean for the Black Panther? Is a confrontation inevitable? Tune in to November's issue of the Vibranium Trumpet to read the latest on these events as they occur.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 07:44:14 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4645 on: October 19, 2019, 05:08:47 am »
Marvel's House of X Subtly Teases An Avengers vs X-Men Sequel
by Tim Adams

OR

Black Panther v X Men - The Wakandan Krakdown!

The franchise-changing themes being established in Jonathan Hickman's House of X and Powers of X will have repercussions for not only the X-Men, but the entire Marvel Universe. As humans try to adjust to the new mutant status quo, superheroes will have to do the same, but with varying results.

We receive a glimpse of this in House of X #1, when Cyclops is confronted by the Fantastic Four. The tense standoff appears to foreshadow an eventual clash between the X-Men and Marvel's First Family, but another war is teased in House of X #5. This time, fans may expect the major revelation will lead to a sequel to the blockbuster 2012 crossover, Avengers vs. X-Men.

After the United Nations pass a vote to allow the X-Men to establish a mutant sovereign nation, a data page highlights the countries that have rejected a trade treaty with Krakoa. The treaty is based on human nations and mutants reaching an agreement on the pharmaceutical drugs produced on Krakoa. While more than 100 nations have accepted a Krakoan trade deal, a small number decides mutant drugs aren't for them. In response, the X-Men categorize those countries as adversarial; the nation that stands out most is Wakanda, home of the Black Panther.

Wakanda is a proud nation, and also one of the most advanced in the entire Marvel Universe, thanks to its Vibranium natural resource. "They do not need mutant drugs" is the notation on the Mutant Diplomacy infographic, which could simply mean Wakanda has no need for outside drugs when the nation is capable of taking care of its own citizens. However, it's the bright red highlight over the "Reason for Rejection" that makes us take pause.

House of X and Powers of X have used the red highlight as a sign of importance to alert readers. For example, all of the major revelations -- the Moira MacTaggert mutant retcon in House of X #2 and the mutant resurrections in House of X #5 -- were highlighted in red for the checklist found in each issue. Marvel clearly has plans to revisit Wakanda's stance, but what makes this a potential Avengers vs. X-Men II is Black Panther's current role as Avengers chairman.

This new iteration of the Avengers brought back the Big 3 of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, with Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), She-Hulk and Doctor Strange filling out the roster, although the Sorcerer Supreme left following the team's battle with the Celestials. Instead of assigning Iron Man or Captain America the leader of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the members selected Black Panther as chairman. So if the X-Men should decide to take aggressive action against Wakanda, you can be sure Black Panther will bring the Avengers along as backup.

read rest of article here.
https://www.cbr.com/house-of-x-avengers-vs-x-men-sequel/
[/color]

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 21, 2019, 08:59:35 am »
Finally figured out a way to post this so it's a month old lol.

Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 21, 2019, 08:31:08 pm »
This is great. This defines the HEF perfectly

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4648 on: October 21, 2019, 10:11:32 pm »
Cool layout Cville. When I created the Vibranium Trumpet it was designed to update the Black Panther enthusiasts,fans and casuals with some of the major occurrences happening in the franchise. The news delivered was sometimes satirical; often took creative license; certainly provocative, yet accurate; a way of giving a wink at the reader. 

That being said remember all submissions must go through the WOPP (Wakandan Office of Protocol and Propaganda)and be approved by the Vibranium Trumpet's Editor in Chief to ensure the proper pro Wakandan and Black Panther slant.

REMEMBER

WHO WE WRITE

FOR!

Wakanda Forever.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4649 on: October 24, 2019, 01:38:16 pm »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***
EXCLUSIVE!

A Vibranium Trumpet source has just confirmed that sometime next month a group of X Men will be on the moon at the same time as the Black Panther and his Agents of Wakanda. Here are the pictures she sent us.

Mere coincidence? We think not. Why are the X Men there and what does that mean for the Black Panther? Is a confrontation inevitable? Tune in to November's issue of the Vibranium Trumpet to read the latest on these events as they occur.

Apparently all T'Challa's allies are space bound.