Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Letitia Wright Speaks on Black Panther Sequel  (Read 1331136 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN
« Reply #4740 on: February 15, 2020, 11:15:10 am »
Empyre is already starting off on the wrong foot. Stressing the so called Agents of Wakanda; T'Challa too busy with Avenger's business to defend his nation, come on. It all in the wording and marketing as to how this cross over event sees the Black Panther as just an adjunct character with an expendable nation full of redshirts. This is why I was ofttimes unenthusiastic of the Black Panther's inclusion of late in these mega cross over events.

It almost as if they are setting up this new Skrull/Kree alliance for victory not to mention ignoring current events in BP's solo. The Galactic Empire of Wakanda spans five galaxies all of which they gained through conquest and this doesn't even get mentioned in the promo. I guess Storm and her fellow guest stars will wind up crushing the empire and freeing the slaves thus bringing order to the galaxies. Prove me wrong Empyre.

I think he's is Wakanda, but he's in the Empyre main book. Written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott.

I hope you're right CvilleWakandan.

T'Challa (the canonical reigning Black Panther) must aid the Avengers and the Fantastic Four in the main Empyre series, so his attention will be divided.

With T’Challa off fighting alongside the Avengers, General Okoye is in charge

The way these quotes are worded have my Panther sense growling.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4741 on: February 15, 2020, 11:44:52 am »
Black Panther the Musical, a new, original show, to debut in Willingboro NJ

The new show, officially titled The Power Within: Black Panther the Musical, was inspired by the Marvel movie but was created by and stars Willingboro and Burlington County actors.

WILLINGBORO — When some of the township’s most talented actors and singers take the stage later this month, they will not only be costumed and named after characters from Marvel’s “Black Panther,” but will channel the positive energy and enthusiasm that made the movie beloved by millions of African-American youth.

“The Power Within: Black Panther the Musical” will debut Feb. 28 and run through March 1. The new, original musical is presented by Faith in Action Ministries and Willingboro High School’s Making Visions Possible program.

The show’s director and co-writer, Amy Dean, said the idea for the musical began with a question: What was it about the “Black Panther” movie that inspired such love in young people?

“I began to ask around and many of the African-American youth said, ‘I got to see people who looked like me on the screen, and we weren’t shown as drug dealers ... it felt good being a superhero,’” recalled Dean, executive director of Faith in Action. “It made me think about how young people are superheroes but many don’t know it.”

“Black Panther” the movie tells the story of T’Challa/Black Panther, prince of the mysterious Wakanda nation, who has to return home following the death of his father. To protect Wakanda and secure his place as king, T’Challa must defeat an old enemy.

The film is the ninth-highest grossing of all time and received a 97% positive rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

Reflecting on the movie’s success, Dean wondered how the community could harness the power of the movie to help give kids the confidence to understand their potential — the futures they could have as doctors, lawyers and presidents.

The Power Within: Black Panther the Musical cast
Ayo: Aaniyah Bell

Baba and Klaue: Jahleel Johnson

Killmonger: Arrington Crawford

Mama: Janice Brown

Nakia: Diana Tachie-Mensah

N’Jobu: Marsha Wilson

N’Jobu’s son: Elijah Tucker

M’Baku: Myles Clement

Okoye: Rachel Lawrence

Ramonda: Micah Addison

Shuri: Alana Dean

T’Challa/Black Panther: Emmanuel Tucker

“That’s what sparked the play,” Dean said. “I wanted to take what’s on the big screen and give young people music that embraces (those) themes.”

“Each of us can be superheros in our own communities,” she added. “We just have to take responsibility and be consistent in helping to make positive and necessary changes within.”

Dean and her brother, David Dean, let those themes guide them as together they wrote the script and songs for “Black Panther.”

The result was a musical that tries to truthfully acknowledge the challenges that kids face — including feelings of loneliness, loss and the fear of not being accepted — but emphasizes the power to overcome.

That power is on full display in the musical’s YouTube trailer, which showcases the song “Hiding in the Shadows.”

“There’s a light that’s in me that’s shining,” cast members sing in the trailer. “But the darkness ... gets a hold. Hiding in my shadow.”

Casting for the show began in August, leaving Dean and her 30-person cast only six months to perfect the show. In addition to the singing, the cast had to learn complex dance choreography.

“We were very ambitious to take on so much in such a short period of time. I think we might be crazy,” Dean said, laughing. “But the young people and adults are phenomenal and they’ve been willing to immerse themselves” in the work.

The cast has been supported by many people both inside and outside the Willingboro community.

Costumes were created by the Hunt and Dean families; dance choreography by Shavonne Munir and QueenBosa Bosa; step choreography by Arrington Crawford; voice coaching by Dean and Deitra McRae; stage combat by Quinton Alexander; and fundraising by Chris Johnson, Michelle Goode, Christina Jackson and Belinda Jackson, according to Dean.

“The Power Within: Black Panther the Musical” will debut Feb. 28 at 7 p.m. with additional shows on Feb. 29 at 7 p.m. and March 1 at 5 p.m. at the Willingboro High School Theater. Tickets are available online.

https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/news/20200215/black-panther-musical-new-original-show-to-debut-in-willingboro

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4742 on: February 15, 2020, 11:55:03 am »
Marvel's BLACK PANTHER 2 (2020) - TEASER TRAILER CONCEPT | CHADWICK BOSEMAN | MARVEL MOVIE | PHASE 5

https://youtu.be/SfEJruPT5Zw

You gotta love BP fans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4743 on: February 15, 2020, 12:01:37 pm »
Remember this fan made Black Panther film!

THE BLACK PANTHER UNLEASHED - STORMS OF CARNAGE

D. A. Jackson and his team WORKHORSE PICTURES short film series The Black Panther Unleashed: Storms of Carnage is a reminder of just how good fan made film can be when done by those who fully embrace the mythos underlining ethos of the Black Panther. And to think all this for about $2500.

WATCH https://youtu.be/g_t3f1J_MjY

WATCH https://youtu.be/BnpPeHu6bKE

WATCH https://youtu.be/Ual7kyHKJN8

WATCH https://youtu.be/UVVBSYuAu5c

Marvel should hire D. A. Jackson just out of pure respect for what he has done in homage to the Black Panther.  D. A. Jackson would be an excellent fight choreographer. He could even play a different era Black Panther. Oh,,, here's the teaser and trailer.

The BLACK PANTHER UNLEASHED  (Teaser)
https://youtu.be/C1NqLpCUP9o

Black Panther Unleashed TRAILER (EPIC 4-PART Fanfilm SERIES)
https://youtu.be/nWqUbGRYorU

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: February 15, 2020, 12:06:02 pm »
Empyre is already starting off on the wrong foot. Stressing the so called Agents of Wakanda; T'Challa too busy with Avenger's business to defend his nation, come on. It all in the wording and marketing as to how this cross over event sees the Black Panther as just an adjunct character with an expendable nation full of redshirts. This is why I was ofttimes unenthusiastic of the Black Panther's inclusion of late in these mega cross over events.

It almost as if they are setting up this new Skrull/Kree alliance for victory not to mention ignoring current events in BP's solo. The Galactic Empire of Wakanda spans five galaxies all of which they gained through conquest and this doesn't even get mentioned in the promo. I guess Storm and her fellow guest stars will wind up crushing the empire and freeing the slaves thus bringing order to the galaxies. Prove me wrong Empyre.

I think he's is Wakanda, but he's in the Empyre main book. Written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott.

T'Challa (the canonical reigning Black Panther) must aid the Avengers and the Fantastic Four in the main Empyre series, so his attention will be divided.

This is the solicit  for #3

The tag-team action comes home! Wakanda is the battleground – as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a Vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty – but will that be enough to turn the tide? And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance...and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!

Sounds like he'll be in Wakanda at some point.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4745 on: February 15, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »

This is the solicit  for #3

The tag-team action comes home! Wakanda is the battleground – as the Avengers and the FF unite to prevent a Vibranium-powered threat to all life as we know it! A long-lost Avenger returns to active duty – but will that be enough to turn the tide? And in space, interstellar intrigue threatens the fragile Kree/Skrull alliance...and the repercussions might just doom planet Earth!

Sounds like he'll be in Wakanda at some point.

Does my soul good. Black Panther - Homecoming.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: February 15, 2020, 12:38:02 pm »
Remember the isht they pulled with Faustus and HydraCap against Wakanda in Secret Empire. Until I see it with my own eyes, I don't trust current Marvel writers not to job Wakanda.

They don't have any respect for Wakanda or her abilities. It's just another country they can frak with.

I also found that to be a problem with both Spencer and Coates. It should of been addressed in the solo, and in the event, Wakanda should of been leading the rest of the world powers who were resisting and lead a big battle with the heroes facing evil Cap.  Because the whole deal with Faustus was clearly a poorly thought out, poorly explained power boost that was a literal one and done because Spencer couldn't figure out how, or didn't bother to figure out how to get the shard from Wakanda in a cohesive manner

Spencer, like most, doesn't know what to do with Wakanda so its best just to leave well enough alone. More times than not these so called world threats should be beneath Wakanda's need to respond. You're right marvell2100 not to trust anything going forward with Wakanda especially following the weak portrayal Coates has presented. BP and Wakanda need a new visionary writer whom will write both to their potential and scale.

I wouldn't even say that it's beneath Wakanda to respond, but more so, of your going to involve Wakanda, then you need to let it be known that it is a serious and monumental task to take on. Steve should of essentially been trying everything in his power to not face Wakanda because even IF (big IF) they won, the cost and losses sustained would be a pyrrhic victory at best. Hence why Wakanda should of acted at the end of the series with them leading the World against Steve when he is going to ultimately lose.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4747 on: February 15, 2020, 01:24:00 pm »
Remember the isht they pulled with Faustus and HydraCap against Wakanda in Secret Empire. Until I see it with my own eyes, I don't trust current Marvel writers not to job Wakanda.

They don't have any respect for Wakanda or her abilities. It's just another country they can frak with.

I also found that to be a problem with both Spencer and Coates. It should of been addressed in the solo, and in the event, Wakanda should of been leading the rest of the world powers who were resisting and lead a big battle with the heroes facing evil Cap.  Because the whole deal with Faustus was clearly a poorly thought out, poorly explained power boost that was a literal one and done because Spencer couldn't figure out how, or didn't bother to figure out how to get the shard from Wakanda in a cohesive manner

Spencer, like most, doesn't know what to do with Wakanda so its best just to leave well enough alone. More times than not these so called world threats should be beneath Wakanda's need to respond. You're right marvell2100 not to trust anything going forward with Wakanda especially following the weak portrayal Coates has presented. BP and Wakanda need a new visionary writer whom will write both to their potential and scale.

I wouldn't even say that it's beneath Wakanda to respond, but more so, of your going to involve Wakanda, then you need to let it be known that it is a serious and monumental task to take on. Steve should of essentially been trying everything in his power to not face Wakanda because even IF (big IF) they won, the cost and losses sustained would be a pyrrhic victory at best. Hence why Wakanda should of acted at the end of the series with them leading the World against Steve when he is going to ultimately lose.

We're in the same ballpark. Most of these "world shaking" events would be something T'Challa, the Black Panther, king and protector of Wakanda, can handle by himself. He is after all The Most Dangerous Man Alive. T'Challa may use a specific and surgical strike teams on occasions but bringing in Wakanda just isn't necessary. Kind of like Doom never needing to bring in Latveria or the full might of the USA military never really being put on full display. The Black Panther's personal armory (not necessarily his suit) and command of technology should be enough to deal with most if not all challenges thus presented. Cosmic level events and galactic conquerors are when Wakanda gets called to duty. Going in the opposite direction just gives an excuse to trash Wakanda.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: February 15, 2020, 02:58:20 pm »
If I were in charge of Black Panther, he'd only get involved in world ending threats. If HydraCap had stuck to America and not wanted the cube fragments, Tchalla wouldn't have cared. He'd still help the Avengers, but if Wakanda security wasn't at risk in the future, he'd pass on any mission. I liked Secret Empire and for now this story better than AvX or Hickmans attack because the enemy was coming for something they already had. Tchalla wasn't indirectly responsible for causing the attack.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4749 on: February 15, 2020, 03:42:43 pm »
I would think that Hydra combined with A.I.M. would pose a very mild threat to Wakanda itself. The challenge after Hudlin reconned Wakanda being unconquered for ten thousand years was to continually show why you don't mess with them. Like Superman being supposedly too powerful the thinking was to come up with an unnecessary weakness in kryptonite rather having Ka El not deal with the likes of Lex Luthor and  the Toyman.

Wakanda should be dealing with multiple advanced nations, secret societies, mystical realms and space faring empires. Instead we get small black ops teams, the reoccurring coup d'etat or Wakanda handling a flood the same way any other nation of today would. Cap on his best SSS day would not be a strategic nor tactical match for BP.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: February 15, 2020, 04:19:43 pm »
If I were in charge of Black Panther, he'd only get involved in world ending threats. If HydraCap had stuck to America and not wanted the cube fragments, Tchalla wouldn't have cared. He'd still help the Avengers, but if Wakanda security wasn't at risk in the future, he'd pass on any mission. I liked Secret Empire and for now this story better than AvX or Hickmans attack because the enemy was coming for something they already had. Tchalla wasn't indirectly responsible for causing the attack.

I think I would alter it slightly. T'Challa may assist to some capacity for less then world ending threats. Like, with Hydra Cap he would personally help some, but the minute he branched out of America he would involve himself more, and when he started getting even bolder threatening other nations to submit, then he would warn him to back off or Wakanda (not just himself) would get involved.
T'Challa needs a bigger presence in the mu but it doesn't always require Wakanda

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: February 15, 2020, 04:24:23 pm »

I think I would alter it slightly. T'Challa may assist to some capacity for less then world ending threats. Like, with Hydra Cap he would personally help some, but the minute he branched out of America he would involve himself more, and when he started getting even bolder threatening other nations to submit, then he would warn him to back off or Wakanda (not just himself) would get involved.
T'Challa needs a bigger presence in the mu but it doesn't always require Wakanda

I'd only have them get involved if his projections threatened Wakanda in some way. I'd have him sign a non aggression pack as the first step.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4752 on: February 15, 2020, 05:17:50 pm »

The bigger presence needs to be defined. The Black Panther just showing up as window dressing or scapegoat does nothing as the past two decades have demonstrated. T'Challa needs to be clearly defined and re-branded by such. He doesn't need to be seen building armors or repeatedly bringing in others for assistance. T'Challa by his nature and spirituality should be a loner. Quiet, serious and lethal. Strategically prepared. A polymath who remains multiple moves ahead of everyone else. The Black Panther is capable of wielding great power whether through technology, spirituality, intellect or unbreakable will.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4753 on: February 15, 2020, 05:39:11 pm »

I'd only have them get involved if his projections threatened Wakanda in some way. I'd have him sign a non aggression pack as the first step.

Wakanda should be a mystery, a hidden civilization having very little in common socially, politically and economically with the rest of the world. A shinning example of the best of Afrakanity. A large civilization (so tired of Wakanda being referred to as small) with undefined boarders and territories throughout Afraka and many parts of the world and beyond. This is supposed to be about a super hero and science fiction. Lets apply some imagination.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: February 15, 2020, 06:20:59 pm »

Wakanda should be a mystery, a hidden civilization having very little in common socially, politically and economically with the rest of the world. A shinning example of the best of Afrakanity. A large civilization (so tired of Wakanda being referred to as small) with undefined boarders and territories throughout Afraka and many parts of the world and beyond. This is supposed to be about a super hero and science fiction. Lets apply some imagination.

I like it being small. I'd have them expanding to another planet before having territory anywhere else on Earth.
Reggie Hudlin-