Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN  (Read 1178278 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN
« Reply #4755 on: February 15, 2020, 08:17:09 pm »
If I were in charge of Black Panther, he'd only get involved in world ending threats. If HydraCap had stuck to America and not wanted the cube fragments, Tchalla wouldn't have cared. He'd still help the Avengers, but if Wakanda security wasn't at risk in the future, he'd pass on any mission. I liked Secret Empire and for now this story better than AvX or Hickmans attack because the enemy was coming for something they already had. Tchalla wasn't indirectly responsible for causing the attack.

I think I would alter it slightly. T'Challa may assist to some capacity for less then world ending threats. Like, with Hydra Cap he would personally help some, but the minute he branched out of America he would involve himself more, and when he started getting even bolder threatening other nations to submit, then he would warn him to back off or Wakanda (not just himself) would get involved.
T'Challa needs a bigger presence in the mu but it doesn't always require Wakanda

I'd only have them get involved if his projections threatened Wakanda in some way. I'd have him sign a non aggression pack as the first step.

Wakanda should be a mystery, a hidden civilization having very little in common socially, politically and economically with the rest of the world. A shinning example of the best of Afrakanity. A large civilization (so tired of Wakanda being referred to as small) with undefined boarders and territories throughout Afraka and many parts of the world and beyond. This is supposed to be about a super hero and science fiction. Lets apply some imagination.

I like it being small. I'd have them expanding to another planet before having territory anywhere else on Earth.

For Wakanda having been around so long unconquered, heavily populated with warriors and having brilliant strategists, I think it logical that they would have territories around the globe. I support Wakanda exploring deep space and running into the Shi'ar, Kree, Skrulls, Brood and all sorts of cosmic beings.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: February 15, 2020, 10:41:03 pm »
If I were in charge of Black Panther, he'd only get involved in world ending threats. If HydraCap had stuck to America and not wanted the cube fragments, Tchalla wouldn't have cared. He'd still help the Avengers, but if Wakanda security wasn't at risk in the future, he'd pass on any mission. I liked Secret Empire and for now this story better than AvX or Hickmans attack because the enemy was coming for something they already had. Tchalla wasn't indirectly responsible for causing the attack.

I think I would alter it slightly. T'Challa may assist to some capacity for less then world ending threats. Like, with Hydra Cap he would personally help some, but the minute he branched out of America he would involve himself more, and when he started getting even bolder threatening other nations to submit, then he would warn him to back off or Wakanda (not just himself) would get involved.
T'Challa needs a bigger presence in the mu but it doesn't always require Wakanda

The bigger presence needs to be defined. The Black Panther just showing up as window dressing or scapegoat does nothing as the past two decades have demonstrated. T'Challa needs to be clearly defined and re-branded by such. He doesn't need to be seen building armors or repeatedly bringing in others for assistance. T'Challa by his nature and spirituality should be a loner. Quiet, serious and lethal. Strategically prepared. A polymath who remains multiple moves ahead of everyone else. The Black Panther is capable of wielding great power whether through technology, spirituality, intellect or unbreakable will.

I agree that if T'Challa is involved, it means it's something big and serious enough to Garner his attention. He should be treated as Batman gets treated in DC.

T'Challa should always be looking at the end game, the big picture, looking at both sides. But getting T'Challa involved should be a big deal, getting T'Challa and the full might of Wakanda involved and you know your going to see results, but the issue has to be big enough to catch his attention.

T'Challa is a big gun. Not in the same sense as Thor or hulk, but the tactical, political, and military power he wields. If Wakanda starts moving the rest of the world has a mini panic attack wondering what is going on thats causing Wakanda to act. That's how it should be

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4757 on: February 16, 2020, 11:46:53 am »

The bigger presence needs to be defined. The Black Panther just showing up as window dressing or scapegoat does nothing as the past two decades have demonstrated. T'Challa needs to be clearly defined and re-branded by such. He doesn't need to be seen building armors or repeatedly bringing in others for assistance. T'Challa by his nature and spirituality should be a loner. Quiet, serious and lethal. Strategically prepared. A polymath who remains multiple moves ahead of everyone else. The Black Panther is capable of wielding great power whether through technology, spirituality, intellect or unbreakable will.

I agree that if T'Challa is involved, it means it's something big and serious enough to Garner his attention. He should be treated as Batman gets treated in DC.

T'Challa should always be looking at the end game, the big picture, looking at both sides. But getting T'Challa involved should be a big deal, getting T'Challa and the full might of Wakanda involved and you know your going to see results, but the issue has to be big enough to catch his attention.

T'Challa is a big gun. Not in the same sense as Thor or hulk, but the tactical, political, and military power he wields. If Wakanda starts moving the rest of the world has a mini panic attack wondering what is going on thats causing Wakanda to act. That's how it should be

T'Challa, the Black Panther is unique. From the very beginning when Lee and Kirby introduced him he was a big gun, a major player. He fought the Fantastic Four who were not only a major player but arguably the major player at that time. The first family engaged other major players like Doom, the Silver Surfer... Galactus so when the Black Panther came he had to come with credentials. These credentials were ignored for quite some time until Priest reestablished that tradition.

The comparisons to Batman are ofttimes misleading as is his categorization as a street level super hero. The Black Panther's unique skills, power-set and resources not to mention a narrative that is grounded science fiction and fantasy, afford him a potential limited only by the imagination of the writer.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4758 on: February 16, 2020, 12:00:59 pm »
Black Panther 2 May Film in Australia
 By Jeremy Conrad

The filming of Phase 4 of the MCU is taking on a very international form with major movies in the Phase being filmed all over the world. While the Disney+ series are mostly being filmed in Atlanta where many of the movies were done, movies such as Black Widow and The Eternals were based out of Pinewood Studios UK, while Shang-Chi and Thor: Love and Thunder are filming at Fox Studios in Australia.

Now another Marvel movie appears to be joining Shang-Chi and Thor down under. According to early production information being distributed; Black Panther 2 appears to be using the same studios next Spring between March and June. I should stress that early production info like this, more than a year in advance, is sometimes iffy on locations so it could change. But right now it seems like Black Panther 2 would move in right as Thor: Love and Thunder is finishing up.

Thatís not to say itíll film there exclusively, as HN Entertainment found last August that at least some of Black Panther 2 will also film in the US. Thatís similar to Shang-Chi, which is filming in Australia, but is slated to come to the US for some filming in San Francisco.

Australia does have some good location advantages for a movie set in Africa as there are a lot of places there that can easily double for the continent better than a park in Atlanta with a green screen. A coastal location like Australia could also support rumors that Namor would be the villain in the film.

So it would make a lot of sense if they end up filming there, but again this information is coming out more than a year before filming is supposed to begin; so it could change in the next twelve months.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/02/14/black-panther-2-may-film-in-australia/

This kind of reporting makes me think they are fishing for a reaction. The obvious response being the question of why not film in Afraka? I'm betting there will be location shoots on Wakandan home soil.

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: February 16, 2020, 03:51:26 pm »

T'Challa, the Black Panther is unique. From the very beginning when Lee and Kirby introduced him he was a big gun, a major player. He fought the Fantastic Four who were not only a major player but arguably the major player at that time. The first family engaged other major players like Doom, the Silver Surfer... Galactus so when the Black Panther came he had to come with credentials. These credentials were ignored for quite some time until Priest reestablished that tradition.

The comparisons to Batman are ofttimes misleading as is his categorization as a street level super hero. The Black Panther's unique skills, power-set and resources not to mention a narrative that is grounded science fiction and fantasy, afford him a potential limited only by the imagination of the writer.

The comparison to Batman is in treatment only, bats inni. The center of things and is known as the go to guy to get stuff done. That's how T'Challa should be treated, as he definitely has the credentials to support it and so much more than bats could dream of

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: February 16, 2020, 04:44:07 pm »

True.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4761 on: February 16, 2020, 09:33:19 pm »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

The X-Men Finally Challenge Black Panther's Wakanda - But Not How You Think
by Tim Adams Ė on Feb 16, 2020

WARNING: The following article contains spoilers for Marvel's Voices #1 by Vita Ayala, Bernard Chang and Marcelo Maiolo, on sale Wednesday, Feb. 19.

The X-Men have re-established themselves at the top of the Marvel pecking order with all the changes Jonathan Hickman has introduced into the franchise. Marvel's Merry Mutants transitioned from an underdog status where it really appeared mutants would become extinct, to declaring a new sovereign mutant island and joining the United Nations. It all happened so quickly, that it is no surprise that those major power plays would draw the attention of groups looking to oppose the X-Men.

Hickman sprinkled data pages inside his House of X and Powers of X miniseries, which revealed key details about the X-Men's new status quo. One of the more intriguing data pages came in House of X #5 after the United Nations passed a vote allowing the X-Men to establish Krakoa as a mutant sovereign nation. Part of Charles Xavier's declaration to the world involved selling mutant pharmaceutical drugs that can extend the human life cycle. More than 100 nations have agreed to a trade deal with Krakoa, though some have rejected Krakoan overtures. Readers were shown a list of countries that have rejected a trade treaty with Krakoa, with Black Panther's Wakanda standing out from the pack.

The House of X #5 data page highlighted the African nation of Wakanda in red, stating its reason for rejecting the X-Men as, "THEY DO NOT NEED MUTANT DRUGS." On the surface, this decision makes some sense for Wakanda. It is a highly-advanced, technological nation with no peer in the Marvel Universe. Wakanda has mined its natural resource, Vibranium, and turned it into weapons and medicine, so what use would mutant drugs be to Wakanda's citizens?

On the other hand, the defiant way Wakanda rejected Krakoa possibly teases a conflict between the two in the near future. But if you don't want to wait that long to see the two nations compete against one another, then have a look at a preview for Marvel's Voices #1.

Marvel's Voices is a new anthology that spins out of the popular Marvel podcast series of the same name. The preview picks up at the first annual International Science Race Expo, where drivers will navigate a course that takes them across the world. We then meet two of the race teams that are competing, which happen to come from Krakoa and Wakanda.

Forge and Prodigy are representing for the X-Men, with the former listed as the driver and the latter as co-designer/engineering support. Princess Shuri will pilot for Team Wakanda, with her brother, King T'Challa aka Black Panther, there as moral support. Black Panther tries to wish Shuri luck, but she quickly dismisses his kind words. After all, who needs luck when she clearly has the superior design? Of course, Forge hears this and they exchange some friendly trash talk before the race begins.

This may not be the first showdown fans envisioned when House of X set up an X-Men vs. Black Panther confrontation, but the race should still provide a good deal of entertainment. Forge and Shuri will want to win for their respective nations, meaning they will go all-out to secure victory. Plus, you never know if this race will be the catalyst that finally sparks a superhero war between Krakoa and Wakanda.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-krakoa-black-panther-wakanda-science-race-expo/

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:32:53 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4762 on: February 16, 2020, 09:52:53 pm »
Disney+ Welcomes Black Panther To The Streaming Family In New Trailer
In a new trailer, Disney+ reminds fan that the popular MCU film Black Panther will be available on the streaming service starting March 4.
BY REBECCA VANACKER
FEB 16, 2020

In a new trailer, streaming service Disney+ welcomes Black Panther home. Disney+ launched this past November as a one-stop shop for Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and National Geographic TV shows and movies. The streamer is home to various existing films and TV series, as well as originals like Star Wars show The Mandalorian. Though the world of streaming has become crowded in recent years, Disney+ still managed to make an impression. Earlier this month, Disney announced the streamer had gained 28.6 million subscribers since launch.

Disney+ has been especially exciting for MCU fans, particularly those craving new content. Marvel has several original TV series in the works featuring popular characters from the movies. These include The Falcon and the Winter Solider with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, as well as WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany's Vision. Both of those shows will debut this year, with The Falcon and the Winter Solider slated for August and WandaVision dropping sometime in December. Several other series are in the planning stages or already in production, such as Loki with Tom Hiddleston's character from the Thor movies.

Though several MCU films and TV shows are already available on Disney+, Black Panther is one that's still missing. Upon launch, Disney+ shared Black Panther's release date: March 4. Until then, the movie is available on Netflix. Disney+ shared the trailer reminding fans of Black Panther's release date on the streamer today, two years after the film hit theaters. Check out Disney+'s video below:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229125794905182210

Though it's nice to know that the first Black Panther will be available on Disney+ soon, many fans are already looking ahead to the film's sequel. Little is known about Black Panther 2 at this point, though it does already have a May 2022 release date. Over the summer, Martin Freeman, who appeared in the first film, said he thought the movie would begin filming in 2021. However, last fall, Disney CEO Bob Iger shared that returning director and writer Ryan Coogler was just starting the script. Namor is rumored to be the villain of the film, which could make for an impressive battle with Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa.

Disney+'s new trailer not only celebrates the upcoming addition of Black Panther to the streaming service, it also highlights the various movies Disney+ has to offer. It may seem odd to some fans that Black Panther and every MCU film are not already available. However, due to the complicated nature of streaming deals, it's rare for a service to have all the properties it would like to have available at one time. Luckily, with today's reminder, fans can begin counting down the days until Black Panther is available on Disney+.

https://screenrant.com/disney-plus-welcomes-black-panther-new-trailer/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4763 on: February 17, 2020, 12:25:05 pm »
They Really Droppin' Hints...

1) The X-Men Finally Challenge Black Panther's Wakanda

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-krakoa-black-panther-wakanda-science-race-expo/

2)Marvel Realm of Champions reveals Queen Shuri's 'Kingdom of Wakanda' House
A new breed of Black Panther

Wakanda has been plunged into a worrying state of political disarray following its abduction into The Battleworld by Maestro. King T'Challa challenged Maestro to ritualistic combat but was ultimately struck down. With the Black Panther now gone, Maestro brought forth an event known as 'THE BANISHMENT', which wiped out much of Wakanda.

With King T'Challa slain, the power of the Black Panther has been gifted to all of the Dora Milaje, many of whom have taken on the iconography of lost tribes to ensure their memory is carried on.

Queen Shuri, if you didn't know, is King T'Challa's sister. She boasts "beyond a genius level intellect", which has come in handy when turning Wakanda into the most technologically advanced nation on Earth.

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/082155/marvel-realm-of-champions-reveals-queen-shuris-kingdom-of-wakanda-house/

3)'Black Panther 2': Will 'Avengers 5' Be Chadwick Boseman's Last Appearance in the MCU?

According to We Got This Covered, sources close to Marvel say that the studio wants Letitia Wrightís character, Shuri, to take up Black Pantherís mantle in the MCU. If that happens, then Boseman would obviously be the odd man out.

Marvel has not confirmed the rumors, but the source believes that the transition will be complete following the events in Avengers 5, which is rumored to be a New Avengers project.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/black-panther-2-will-avengers-5-be-chadwick-bosemans-last-appearance-in-the-mcu.html/

Some of the wording itself is inflammatory and the worst part of all this is the fostering of an artificial T'Challa versus Shuri theme designed to implode in the Black Panther mythos.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4764 on: February 17, 2020, 10:21:42 pm »
CBR's Tien Long "Hey all. Just wanted to share this cool fight choreography concept video made by one of the stuntmen who portrayed Black Panther in the movies, Aaron Toney. Really well done. Love the claw slashes and the growl. Check it out!"

https://youtu.be/m51V4pfjtBw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: February 17, 2020, 11:45:13 pm »
Impressive stunt/fighting choreography.  :)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: February 18, 2020, 10:30:42 am »
This would make a.good article for the Trumpet in the future.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: February 18, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
Anyone here ever heard of "Atop the Fourth Wall"?

https://www.youtube.com/user/reuisu/featured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0hkcMyl-SQ

His next review is gonna be issues of 2005 Black Panther.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4768 on: February 19, 2020, 06:22:06 pm »
Impressive stunt/fighting choreography.  :)

This is a must for BP2. I was thinking of compiling MCU (and others) for a fight comparison.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4769 on: February 19, 2020, 06:25:06 pm »
This would make a.good article for the Trumpet in the future.

It would indeed CvilleWakandan it will indeed.