Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN  (Read 1178286 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN
« Reply #4800 on: February 26, 2020, 04:41:59 pm »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:50:40 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 26, 2020, 05:49:55 pm »
Linkara's review of Reggie's first six issues of BP. It's...not favorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSM7Ns00bc

Thank you for the reminder JRCarter.

The simplistic and outdated appraisal of Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther by Atop the Fourth Wall doesn't even warrant a proper reply.

Yeah, Linkara does kinda gloss over a bit.

And once again, someone gets triggered by "the cure for cancer".

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4802 on: February 26, 2020, 06:09:53 pm »

The simplistic and outdated appraisal of Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther by Atop the Fourth Wall doesn't even warrant a proper reply.

That why Hudlin's Black Panther hit home for so many BP enthusiasts and fans. Despite some mild mischaracterizations or logistic errors the power and unapologetic nature of the Black Panther and his country were on full display. That's what we wanted to see then and that's what we want to see now.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4803 on: February 26, 2020, 06:12:46 pm »
What We Want Now! The Black Panther Ten-Point Program

Art by Jae Lee

1. We want Coates off the main Black Panther ongoing series and replaced by a writer with proven mastery and appreciation of the character and his mythos.

2. We want The Black Panther ongoing series to be representative of Afrakan centered futurism in both narrative and art .

3. We want an end to all the senseless guest appearances of the Black Panther.

4) We want a decent and consistent portrayal of Wakanda complete with long standing landmarks and iconography.

5. We want true and authentic Afrakan continental and diasporac histories of autonomy, rebellion, self liberation and sovereignty interwoven through the narrative.

6. We want a supporting cast that is complex and multi dimensional; rich in context and purpose and as supporting characters do support the main character.

7. We want the Black Panther, his country and supporting characters to be exempt from crossovers and major event until such time that his natal personality and corrected mythos have been thoroughly inculcated back into the Black Panther.

8. We want an immediate retconning of Coates brutality and murder of the Black Panther's history and mythos.

9. We want all of the Black Panther's genius, martial arts skills and mastery of strategy and tactics returned to him in both comic books and movies.

10. We don't want the MCU Black Panther to be a platform for the LGBTQ, SJWs and inappropriately placed feminism.

Finally we request the return of the No Prize for finding inconsistencies and errors within the Black Panther' comic books.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:25:08 am by Ture »

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: February 26, 2020, 06:31:32 pm »

My profile signature is a quote from Mr. Hudlin. Would you say it sums up the review?
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: February 26, 2020, 06:42:41 pm »
Excellent list Ture, to your #8 request I posted how i would fix his take without just ignoring it or completely retconning it as an else world (as I feel it still gives rise to people referring it as canon) and instead turn it into a story that actually addresses the last 10+ years of deconstruction

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4806 on: February 27, 2020, 07:13:08 am »

My profile signature is a quote from Mr. Hudlin. Would you say it sums up the review?

I do indeed.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4807 on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:39 am »
This was posted on the CBR but I will post it here to see what you guys would do:

Quote from: Doombot
If you were given control of a Black Panther book tomorrow, what would be the five most important changes you would make? They don't even have to be changes, but what would be the first five things you would do to bring the book in line with how you see the Panther and his world?

If I were given creative control over the next Black Panther solo, the five things I would do would be....

1. Reverse all of the changes to the BP mythos, Coates has initiated especially in regards to government and the deification of Storm at Wakandas cultural/religious expense.

2. Bast would be restored as the personal deity T'Challa and his family, owe allegiance to whilst recognising and respecting other deities worshipped by the other tribes that make up Wakanda.

The Orishas as lazily envisioned by Coates would have no place in a book written by me.

3. T'Challa would he written as a benevolent though mysterious ruler whose compassion for his Wakandans would be rivalled by the strategically ruthless steps he would take in defenses of his people and Wakandan interests in general.

There's no point in being called the most "Dangerous man alive" if there's no evidence that you're anything of the sort.

4. T'Challa's interactions with the MU would he predicated upon Wakandas wellbeing above all else and as such, my take on Wakanda, would not have T'Challa ever turning Wakanda into a halfway house for the Avengers or any other super group willy nilly as was the case during AvX.

5. T'Challa's actual genius level intellect and tactical awareness would be on full display at all times especially as regards the signature scientific achievements Jonathan Maberry gave him via Shadow Physics and the esoteric armaments that were derived from this discovery.

Shadow Physics and the particle edged weapons were not dependent upon Wakandan Vibranium and as such, were a unique addition to T'Challa's arsenal and evidence of his genius level intellectual abilities.

and

Get this man a job writing Black Panther!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4808 on: February 27, 2020, 08:35:49 am »
Excellent list Ture, to your #8 request I posted how i would fix his take without just ignoring it or completely retconning it as an else world (as I feel it still gives rise to people referring it as canon) and instead turn it into a story that actually addresses the last 10+ years of deconstruction

What We Want Now! The Black Panther Ten-Point Program

Art by Jae Lee

1. We want Coates off the main Black Panther ongoing series and replaced by a writer with proven mastery and appreciation of the character and his mythos.

2. We want The Black Panther ongoing series to be representative of Afrakan centered futurism in both narrative and art .

3. We want an end to all the senseless guest appearances of the Black Panther.

4) We want a decent and consistent portrayal of Wakanda complete with long standing landmarks and iconography.

5. We want true and authentic Afrakan continental and diasporac histories of autonomy, rebellion, self liberation and sovereignty interwoven through the narrative.

6. We want a supporting cast that is complex and multi dimensional; rich in context and purpose and as supporting characters do support the main character.

7. We want the Black Panther, his country and supporting characters to be exempt from crossovers and major event until such time that his natal personality and corrected mythos have been thoroughly inculcated back into the Black Panther.

8. We want an immediate retconning of Coates brutality and murder of the Black Panther's history and mythos.

9. We want all of the Black Panther's genius, martial arts skills and mastery of strategy and tactics returned to him in both comic books and movies.

10. We don't want the MCU Black Panther to be a platform for the LGBTQ, SJWs and inappropriately placed feminism.

Finally we request the return of the No Prize for finding inconsistencies and errors within the Black Panther' comic books.

I will post what I posted as well:

I would address the issues in a 6 part story. Each is broken down per issue of how my course correction would go

1. All of Coates story was a lie. The Djalia is a plane of existence that mother resides. Mother is a villain. Her power was oozing into Wakanda and distorting everyone's memory and behavior. No one man, Wakanda being Columbus analogue tchalla acting like an idiot etc. All a lie fabricated by Mother. She is an ancient evil that was sealed away by Bashenga the first Black panther.

2. T'Challa is the first to figure it out and breaks the hold, realizing shes the cause of Wakanda in apparent chaos, and why he was acting like a damn fool. He starts to act, while pretending to still be under her power he starts investigating. He learns that this change started to happen after he restored the 616 and that his behavior and that of everyone else has been altered. The effects being the strongest while in Wakanda. He learns that his "truths" about himself and his doubt are not his own thoughts.

6. After the battle mother, using the battle as a distraction and thinking she has won, breaks out of the djahlia and attacks T'Challa, exactly what he wanted her to do, he leads her into the techno jungle hits her with a modified HSH injection that starts infecting her as soon as she enters, and it sends her to bast where she is judged and devoured. Bast, being pleased that T'Challa was able to do what the other BPs were not, hails him as the GOAT Black panther.

Thank you Ezyo. Your solution is an excellent fix and fit.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: February 28, 2020, 06:41:24 pm »
The anime "Future Avengers" is on Disney+. I just watched the BP episode. Not too bad, seemed liked they pulled some of the Earths Mightiest hero characterization for the dub. Had some traditional guest character fight beats though.

Had some good art though. I'd take a 12 episode solo series with that team
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4812 on: February 29, 2020, 04:54:16 pm »
I had to do it right...

COATES' BLACK PANTHER Run Ends in June!

Writer Ta-Nehisi Coates will conclude his four year Black Panther run with June's Black Panther #25, as announced during Marvel's 'Next Big Thing' panel at C2E2 2020 .

Coates began writing Black Panther in 2016, launching a new volume of the series alongside artist Brian Stelfreeze. That volume ran for 16 issues before reverting to the original Black Panther title numbering for a four issue arc. It relaunched with a new #1 in 2018.

Here's the solicitation for June's Black Panther #25, Coates' final issue on the title:

Black Panther #25
Written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Art by Daniel Acuna
THE FINAL ISSUE OF TA-NEHISI COATES’ LANDMARK RUN!
It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history!
On sale June 2020

By George Marston, Newsarama Contributor
February 29, 2020 02:00pm ET

BIG SHOUT OUT TO HEF'S OWN CvilleWakandan FOR DROPPING THIS BOMB!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: February 29, 2020, 05:56:32 pm »
The nightmare ends soon. The only thing that would make this even better would be an announcement that Redjack would be taking over. But thank Bast it's finally going to be over so we can move past this era of deconstruction and chumping of T'Challa in favor of out of franchise Characters and supporting cast, as well as this constant need to put Black women against Black men and have them cannibalize each other rather than propping up both together and showcasing a fully realized Black panther and unconquered Wakanda who is the beacon of light for the rest of the world

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4814 on: February 29, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »
The nightmare ends soon. The only thing that would make this even better would be an announcement that Redjack would be taking over. But thank Bast it's finally going to be over so we can move past this era of deconstruction and chumping of T'Challa in favor of out of franchise Characters and supporting cast, as well as this constant need to put Black women against Black men and have them cannibalize each other rather than propping up both together and showcasing a fully realized Black panther and unconquered Wakanda who is the beacon of light for the rest of the world

This right here!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw