Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - 2 Year Anniversary!!!  (Read 1219170 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS 2020 - AVENGE THE FALLEN
« Reply #4890 on: March 30, 2020, 01:45:45 pm »
Coates hemorrhaging of Storm's upgrades seemed to have bled over into the X books. In an CBR article Paul Yang states that Storm and Black Panther have shared a complicated relationship over the years and that Storm feels an enormous connection to Wakanda. To proof such a very familiar scene appears when Jean Grey and Emma Frost enter Ororo's mind.

Yang's states the references to Wakanda do not end there. Emma and Jean are confronted by two large lions that demand to know the reason for their presence. Yang suggests these lions represent Storm's godhood and her relationship with Bast.

Yang concludes with connecting Ororo's mindscape to Wakanda opens big possibilities for the future as Storm becomes a more pivotal figure in Krakoa. Her mind may reveal divided loyalties: Should Wakanda and Krakoa ever come to conflict, Storm might choose to stand by her former nation, rather than the mutant island.

full article
https://www.cbr.com/storm-black-panther-marriage-wakanda-mindscape/

So umm...did Emma every suffer any direct consequences for being the cause of Wakanda's flood and its people's murder? Or at least show remorse?

No on both counts.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: March 30, 2020, 02:07:49 pm »
Coates hemorrhaging of Storm's upgrades seemed to have bled over into the X books. In an CBR article Paul Yang states that Storm and Black Panther have shared a complicated relationship over the years and that Storm feels an enormous connection to Wakanda. To proof such a very familiar scene appears when Jean Grey and Emma Frost enter Ororo's mind.

Yang's states the references to Wakanda do not end there. Emma and Jean are confronted by two large lions that demand to know the reason for their presence. Yang suggests these lions represent Storm's godhood and her relationship with Bast.

Yang concludes with connecting Ororo's mindscape to Wakanda opens big possibilities for the future as Storm becomes a more pivotal figure in Krakoa. Her mind may reveal divided loyalties: Should Wakanda and Krakoa ever come to conflict, Storm might choose to stand by her former nation, rather than the mutant island.

full article

So umm...did Emma every suffer any direct consequences for being the cause of Wakanda's flood and its people's murder? Or at least show remorse?

We the readers know what happend, but I dont think Namor told anyone that she was the one who instigated it.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4892 on: March 30, 2020, 03:02:32 pm »

full article

We the readers know what happend, but I dont think Namor told anyone that she was the one who instigated it.

In my fanfic? I already made it clear that the place almost everyone THINKS is Wakanda? IS NOT WAKANDA BUT INSTEAD A CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED FAUX WAKANDA COMPLETE WITH HYPER ADVANCED LMD'S, OCCASIONAL REAL WAKANDANS, AUTHENTIC HYPERTECH, FAUX VIBRANIUM, ETC. This was done in order to keep the oath that The Panthers made to Wakanda. Only Storm, Steve Rogers Captain America, Brother Voodoo, and a few others know where the legit Wakanda is. That DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ILLUMINATI, WHOM T'CHALLA NEVER TRUSTED.

But since in the 616, they have T'Challa NOT doing what he DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE DONE? Let's see a couple of ways that good writers would keep T'Challa in character and still handle this without loss of a single Wakandan life.

CJP BP..."the shrewdest man in comics"...would have figured this lame plot out almost immediately. And taxed that gluteus. No, CJP BP would have baited such a response, prevented any injury to Wakanda or Wakandans from happening and proved that he had everything wired from jump so that the moment Emma tried any of that foulness? She would have gotten the "wave algorithm"  forcefield treatment separating her from her powers that Magneto and Mephisto got [ spiked with Vibranium Power Inhibitor energies to stop her telepathic etc powers ] and then gotten gobsmacked, mollywhopped and jailed by the Dora Milaje. CJP BP would have known this because he "bugged" Namor himself via teraquark...a trillionth of a quark sized...particles of Ka-Tech Wakandan Mystic Vibranium in one of their several conflicts, and thus been informed  of all of Namor's plots by Namor himself. CJP BP would not have condescended to inform The X-Men about it because he knew that they know the ramifications of acts of war against his throne. "The Lord of the Wakandas shall not be affronted!"

RH BP would have had the jump on them all via his spy network, and had the DM kill Emma for her failed attempted transgression against Wakanda...then RH Ororo would talk RH BP out of having her killed; and RH Ororo would personally beat Emma down, and personally jail Emma for her transgressions. And inform the X-Men about it, plus warn them not to try anything doofus.

RH Shuri would have killed Emma in direct combat for the same reason. CJP WHITE WOLF would have done the same; causing CJP BP to come rescue her from certain death...and get put back in a Wakandan jail.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:23:02 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: March 30, 2020, 03:08:28 pm »
All Emma did was whisper it into Namors' ear. Its not as if it was multi-year highly orchestrated plot. It was literally spur of the moment. What should have happened is that due to the vision Bast gave Tchalla, he should have replaced the city's population with hard light constructs or LMDs. Then we find out that he evacuated the majority of the population to a different planet setting up some awesome future world building. Then reveal that Storm and he were working together to keep an eye on both sides.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: March 30, 2020, 03:29:04 pm »
All Emma did was whisper it into Namors' ear. Its not as if it was multi-year highly orchestrated plot. It was literally spur of the moment. What should have happened is that due to the vision Bast gave Tchalla, he should have replaced the city's population with hard light constructs or LMDs. Then we find out that he evacuated the majority of the population to a different planet setting up some awesome future world building. Then reveal that Storm and he were working together to keep an eye on both sides.

I especially like the bolded. I wrote that Storm was essentially Wakanda's "Queen in Exile" in my fanfic, and she still protected Wakanda and Wakandans even while working with The X-Men. All of the rest I agree with so wholeheartedly that I already featured it years before this post in my fanfic.

Except? I didn't know that Emma whispered such noise in Namor's ear. The sheer dooficity and suicidal nature of this idea should have prevented Emma from ever thinking it and triple prevented Namor from ever agreeing to it [ because if it was that easy? Namor would have done something similar long ago during one of his several conflicts with a couple of Panthers ], and neither would have been stupid enough to even consider such a thing without extraordinarily in depth planning and resources outstripping anything any single or combination of all of them before had ever tried in their lives. Nothing should have compelled them to even seriously consider such a thing in the privacy of their own minds, much less trying to suggest such a thing out loud to someone else. There's no way. NO. WAY. That a SPUR OF THE MOMENT PLAN can work AGAINST WAKANDA. And everyone knows that. Everyone. Wakanda is essentially impregnable, and DEFINITELY PERMANENTLY IMPREGNABLE TO SPUR OF THE MOMENT "PLANS". That? Is git bukkid nekkid while pissing off The Beyonders level of suicide.

But. That's X-Office Fear [ and Hate ] of A Black Planet for you
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:34:53 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: March 30, 2020, 04:04:45 pm »

I especially like the bolded. I wrote that Storm was essentially Wakanda's "Queen in Exile" in my fanfic, and she still protected Wakanda and Wakandans even while working with The X-Men. All of the rest I agree with so wholeheartedly that I already featured it years before this post in my fanfic.

Except? I didn't know that Emma whispered such noise in Namor's ear. The sheer dooficity and suicidal nature of this idea should have prevented Emma from ever thinking it and triple prevented Namor from ever agreeing to it [ because if it was that easy? Namor would have done something similar long ago during one of his several conflicts with a couple of Panthers ], and neither would have been stupid enough to even consider such a thing without extraordinarily in depth planning and resources outstripping anything any single or combination of all of them before had ever tried in their lives. Nothing should have compelled them to even seriously consider such a thing in the privacy of their own minds, much less trying to suggest such a thing out loud to someone else. There's no way. NO. WAY. That a SPUR OF THE MOMENT PLAN can work AGAINST WAKANDA. And everyone knows that. Everyone. Wakanda is essentially impregnable, and DEFINITELY PERMANENTLY IMPREGNABLE TO SPUR OF THE MOMENT "PLANS". That? Is git bukkid nekkid while pissing off The Beyonders level of suicide.

You have to add to it that the Phoenix Force is slowly driving them insane as they were never meant to contain it. And Namor cant control water the way he did with that power.

They were standing on a patio and Namor was upset about something and Emma said she could sense Hope and that she was in Wakanda. Namor went to get his forces because they were there for the fight after the flood, but it seemed to all happen pretty quickly.
Reggie Hudlin-

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: March 30, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »

You have to add to it that the Phoenix Force is slowly driving them insane as they were never meant to contain it. And Namor cant control water the way he did with that power.

They were standing on a patio and Namor was upset about something and Emma said she could sense Hope and that she was in Wakanda. Namor went to get his forces because they were there for the fight after the flood, but it seemed to all happen pretty quickly.

Idk that The Phoenix Force was slowly driving them insane...but I did know that that a spur of the moment plan to take on Wakanda is INSANE

As CJP BP already demonstrated, T'Challa would have looong been prepped for this. T'Challa would have hit The Phoenix Five with a reality schism drawn from the combined powers of Shadow Physics, his Vibranium wormhole control of the energies of the M'Krann Crystal's captive galaxies of black holes, a Ka-Tech anti-Psi Vibranium matrix and the power of The Fallen [ that insane Celestial that compelled the forming of The First Avengers in 1 million BC ]...which would separate The Phoenix Force from The Phoenix Five by occupying The Phoenix Force severely enough for T'Challa to temporarily shut down the X-Gene in each of the five mutants [ Namor is frequently referred to as Marvel's First Mutant ]. Hell, if Forge can create a weapon that repressed Storm's powers for so long? T'Challa and Wakanda have already done faaaarrrr more and faaaarrr BETTER.

Even Jason Aaron showed that T'Challa has studied every fighting style in the world, when he told Ororo that he "blocked" her "punch" during the very objectionable slice of AVX.

Having known of The Phoenix Force loooong before any other mutant ever did...more than a million years ago...Wakanda would have long figured out how to "block" a "punch" from EVERYONE IN THE FIRST AVENGERS. Hulk. The Phoenix Force. Odin. The Ghost Rider. Star Brand. Iron Fist.

And our very own R to the H made it clear in THIS issue that T'Challa had contingencies for ALL The Avengers,

which would extend to The Defenders and all of The X-Men [  R to the H showed T'Challa could handle The X-Men by his lonesome during his WILD KINGDOM arc ]

I mean, if T'Challa could drop the mighty Karnak WITH ONE BLOW, and put The Silver Surfer in a standing arm lock, plus deck Wolverine with a single shot? Nobody should be surprised that he...by himself...can take on The Avengers, The Defenders, etc.

Sooo all that to say? T'Challa and Wakanda would have put that Old Skool Pimp Smack on em.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4897 on: April 05, 2020, 12:12:36 am »
I see it as apples to oranges comparison. In terms of fighting capability, being able to fly and shoot energy is a plus, the armor may be more durable, but T'Challa is going for speed, range of motion with strong defense and a close range energy blast. Plus BP was more a super spy movie. And we are comparing IW Tony (3 solos plus CW, plus 2 other Avengers movies) to T'Challa who wore his habit in CW and then his solo. Lots of room to improve and again his stuff was more super spy.

As for the sequel sure I would love to see N'Yami motherships so long as the time and budget allow it. But we are talking about IW not his solo in terms of what to expect from the movies.

My point stands unabated. Shuri for what ever reason... in story or real world concerns, simply did not build a more advanced armor than Stark. From the comic book aficionado to the general movie going audience there should be a clear delineation between who is the more advanced between all those super heroes at play on the field, especially if most advanced is to be ones trademark.

I am most certainly comparing which of the two (Iron Man or Black Panther) has the most advanced uniform. Just a cursory examination of the leaps made by Iron Man and Black Panther from  Civil War to Infinity War tells the tale. The Black Panther doesn't need half a dozen movies to show his and Wakanda's superiority. What we should demand from the Black Panther in any movie is simply his best iteration.

Again, my argument is why would they need that when no one could even get in? If no one knows you exist, has no way of penetrating your defense without risk of exploding on impact, why would you have those things? N'Yami motherships protecting Wakanda from space wouldn't make sense because they are closed off.

And the Sonic spears did prove very effective against the outriders, killing them In one shot, but again, big action movie wants to see medieval style fighting instead of modern strategies and tactics used. Again it makes no sense for them to not just rain death from Above and letting small group of outriders in to be destroyed while they charge an open field, hell we saw border tribe throw up their energy shields even, Which makes sense if your going to protect your infantry.

As for the barrier, I think it's more so that the outrider ship hit the golden city barrier and each section probably had it's own. It wouldn't make sense to hide your entire nation but only protect the main city.

Therein lies the point. Someone did get in... Klaw and did damage. Someone did know they existed... Klaw and apparently Thanos too. Someone did penetrate their defenses... by tunneling under the force shield not to mention if one does't mind flaying themselves one can push through the force field and to add insult to injury simply run around to the back of it to the unprotected areas.

What do you mean N'Yami battle cruisers wouldn't make sense? Wakanda has spies in every nation, therefore their intelligence gathering would have informed them of the presence of extraterrestrial beings and hopefully the Tesseract;  Hydra's fleet of Insight Helicarriers; Stark's orbiting satellite; not to mention how useful they would be if a wormhole opens above Wakanda and an army of Chitauri  come ready for battle.

Those sonic spears did not appear effective. There was no wide spread blanketing wiping out hundreds of Outriders at a time as they ran through a choke point opened in the force field. No show of a group of Wakandan Boarder Tribesmen putting their spears together to generate a massive energy blast. In fact the Wakandan army abandoned using them as distance weapons and ran head on into a melee attack that they appeared to be loosing. Big action movies need to show big action. Those dragonfly fighters did about as much damage to  those Outrider troop carriers as a mosquito to an elephants ass. Better to show N'Yami battle cruisers destroying them in defense of Wakanda than a last minute save from Thor. As for you supposition regarding the barrier all they had to do was show such.

Your last two comments I think we are in somewhat of an agreement Brother Ezyo.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4898 on: April 05, 2020, 12:16:54 am »
Ramonda is the most logical choice and she being usurped by M'Baku makes the most sense. Remember Ramonda knelt before M'Baku thus setting the stage for part of the sequel's story line to be about an internal civil conflict. The stage is perfectly set. M'Baku has paid his debt to T'Challa... a life for a life. M'Baku will disagree with opening Wakanda's boarders to Starbuck's and the Olympics. The final straw was bringing the Avenger's war to Wakanda. Thus when T'Challa and Shuri have to deal with their five year absence there is a lot to work with.

Not only does this story line allow for a greater expansion of the Wakandan nation but also a much more detailed exploration of the cities, regions and exotic locales that comprise it. This allows for the movie to be Wakakndan centered and continue to feed the movie going audience something new and original.

As stated above M'Baku is the first antagonist, the others are the Supremacist, a multicultural, multinational coalition trying to take advantage of the king's absence. Their history dates back many centuries and of course they are responsible for some major historical events. Their many undertakings could be explained at the beginning of the film using the same sand effect as the first BP film did. Think of them as the MCU's Illuminati.

The Supremacist would play a role similar to the one Klaw and his allies did in Hudlin's animated Black Panther feature. Their powers and skill sets allow them to overcome the Shuri designed Black Panther habit and T'Challa goes back to his original uniform, makes some modifications and defeats them using superior battle tactics and advanced fighting prowess. At the conclusion Shuri shows up in a Black Panther armor and tells T'Challa she has built one for him. He tells her politely he doesn't need it.

Another part of my BP2 story has W'Kabi escaping imprisonment early in the film with the help of some sympathetic Boarder Tribesmen and does not show up again until the first end credits scene where he and the followers of an ancient religious cult are seen performing a ritual. The high priest is pouring the red vibranium sand and then its fades to black. The audience hears a loud gasp and the religious cult leader says breathe, breathe.

The second end credit scene is with Nakia in New York. She is inspecting the recently purchased Wakandan Outreach Center in Harlem. In the shadows she sees light reflecting of a slender object. From behind her she hears a man say "the dude in front of you likes swords but me, I'm more hands on. My name is Luke Cage and his is Blade. We wanted to welcome the Black Panther to Harlem."

I wouldn't want Shuri to show up on a BP habit. They need to keep the roles separate. Because all that will do is segue T'Challa out of his movie title with people pushing even harder for Shuri to take over the mantle. And while I understand T'Challa using his battle prowess on full display sans upgraded tech, I would much rather see him upgrade the habit himself early on and show that on screen that he did it. The other thing is that, unlike the comics, the movies established power tiers are pretty clear, and you need certain things to happen to fight above your tier. Think of Cap vs Loki in Avengers, dude was getting worked by Loki. But then in endgame he was able to... I wouldn't say square off, but he could fight with Thor and Tony due to the vibranium shield and mjolnir. If he didn't have the hammer he would of been dead weight.

I don't want T'Challa to get stuck in a lower tier because he doesn't have the tools to fight above it. Comics can pull out Fantastical tech or plans or upgrades way easier then the movies so I would personally find a way to keep the force push, as thst allow him to fight against Black dwarf level characters and above logically

This is why we have the HEF think tank and why Marvel Comics needs a well researched comic book editorial team on the Black Panther solo. This would extend to the MCU needing consultants well versed in the mythos of Black Panther.

I'm all for keeping the role of Black Panther for T'Challa only. In my imaginings Shuri just has a lot of admiration and respect for her brother and it manifests in her supporting him with all her scientific acumen. Her wearing a panther styled armor is simply a a reflection of such. Again in my imaginings it is one time, one off deal. The make male characters subordinate to female characters or the forced inclusion through making male characters female is short sighted and reactionary. Those pushing for Shuri to take the mantle of Black Panther will be met by those pushing for further exploration of T'Challa as the Black Panther.

The MCU has to be careful not to kowtow to the Me Two and LGBTQ agendas simply on face value. The true heir apparent and leader of the Avengers going forward post Iron Man and Captain America should have been Black Widow. She is totally legitimized and if not for the Corona pandemic would have demonstrated a very successful box office run without having to be sandwiched between two of the biggest interconnecting films in movie history.

I did not say anything about T'Challa using his battle prowess sans upgraded tech. In fact his upgraded tech design would be superior to Shuri's. The reason why I stated the Black Panther defeating the Supremacists using superior battle tactics and advanced fighting prowess is too clearly delineate what makes him so formidable and distinguishes him from all the other tech heroes and villains. Wakanda is stated as being the most advanced nation on earth in the MCU but hasn't really demonstrated such. Cloaked talon fighter cloaked helicarrier. Stark's nana tech suit out performs Shuri's. T'Challa get mauled along side Cap and Banner against the Outriders. A permeable force field that doesn't go underground nor cover the entire city. No defense satellites, no tanks, no drones, no robotics, no weapon totems, no N'Yami battle cruisers and no prowlers. Sans all that T'Challa invites a cosmic war to his doorsteps. We can do better.

Tech incorporated with prep, superior battle tactics and advanced fighting skills. Thus T'Challa would have prepared for the Avengers to join him on an Wakandan island far from his homeland. The force field is replaced with a demolecularization field so all those Outriders disintegrate upon contact. How about instead of jumping into Thanos' choke slam T'Challa talks to Thanos and they take a walk... right into the spiritual realm. Have T'Challa explain that vibranium itself is not unlike the infinity stones and posses properties that he is unaware of. Thus his snap will not affect Wakandans. Make the Black Panther the Black Panther.

Vibranium, the strongest substance in the universe should be the game equalizer for T'Challa. The Black Panther's suit to Cap shield; the vibranium claws to Thor's Mjolnir. Vibranium energy absorption and redirection to opponents with vast strength and energy weapons. T'Challa of course has limits but he should be able to hang long enough for his advanced preparations to kick in. The Black Panther is capable on functioning on multiple tiers.

Turning Shuri into "The Ancient Future" was one of the few standout things that Coates did [ and then of course he went and ruined it ]. The Djalia has incredible potential...as long as someone like Coates isn't actually WRITING the book.

Ture? Your comments above, your imagination, your grasp of The Black Panther is second to none. I applaud you and bow to you, brutha. I both absolutely concur with the description of Vibranium and simultaneously caution us all to not go overboard with Vibranium; the Wakandans themselves should be receiving more praise, delineated more as exceptional in their own right than should they be shown to be reliant upon Vibranium in order to deal with superpowered and cosmic beings.

Something like this slice from a passage of my fanic:

"..as ten thousand thousand limbs from the very gullet of fell legends flailed massive, life smashing blows in blindingly fast combinations. Fatally envenomed talons sprouted in row upon row upon soul poisoning row, covering each incalculably wide, incalculably long tentacle with the promise of the most horrific of deaths for creatures of the flesh. Not even Gods would survive its immortal doom. Ten thousand thousand limbs flailed, writhed, coiled, whipped, snapped, smashed, smote, swung, lashed and bludgeoned. And ten thousand thousand limbs failed to even touch the stygian shadow flashing, flitting, speeding, arrowing, gliding, glissading into transcendentally masterful, fluid, hyperfast technique of such eye bewildering intensity that the stygian shadow blurred into invisibility, and its many movements seemed to gell into just one manuever. Otherworldly darkness blanketed all. There was no sky. No ground. No oxygen. There was only Waskulltyr, woe begotten spawn of Nidhogg The Tearer of Corpses, Heyrvangr Of The Many Limbs and Fangs, and Helblindi. Waskulltyr, whose evil nature was mated to the untold might and malicious magicks of evil Gods. Waskulltyr, distant relative of Loki, cursed and fated to guard and haunt The Treacherous Pathways leading to the only entry to The Trickster's fortress fastness.

Waskulltyr, whose gigantic form...massive beyond all mortal ken and measurement...quaked and heaved from end to end with the throes of deadly combat. No quarter given, none asked. And the stygian shadow brought cunning unbridled and lethal war to Waskulltyr, and Waskulltyr...eternally foul tempered Waskulltyr, who delighted in the unending torment and torture of others, who fed on the infinite anguished screams of the creatures he devoured until the Days of Ragnarok...Waskulltyr knew dread. Waskulltyr knew pain. Waskulltyr knew fear. For the first and last time, Waskulltyr came into the knowledge that all foes of Panthers learned...

...a Panther is unstoppable. Shuri was unstoppable. On this day, all would fall before her power. On this day, all would see she is truly an unanswerable force. And the Midnight Angels surged upon her, striking and acting as one, their technique impeccable. Their will unbreakable. And they fell before her. And the LMD demons blazed the wrath of the netherworld at her. Demon fire gored the air and sought to sear her spirit. Fangs snapped. Claws cleft. Talons tore. And they fell before her by the score. She hammered and smashed them, she was fury unbridled, she was passion unfettered, and blow after blow after blow blitzkrieged into her foes in neverending succession...

...and he was coldly calculating. No wasted motion. A single, unanswerably perfect strike at the absolutely perfect time, carefully orchestrated, perfectly manipulated, guilefully executed,artfully performed by a intellect so massive, an inner equilibrium so cool and imperturbable, as to have virtually no equal or superior. One blow, infinitely more harmful than a thousand shattering strikes lacking the infinite cunning, the highly refined, massively cultivated, gargantuan ubergenius of the shadow as it stopped at exactly the perfect spot. The single spot that not even Loki knew. And without pause, it executed a ruthlessly sagacious, impossibly accurate, strike. And the Spear of Bashenga bit deep, deep into the unknowable place, the impossible place, Waskulltyr's most secret of secret places.

And Waskulltyr's gargantuan form convulsed and spasmed. Its life liquids bubbled forth in gouts of astral fluid, lit from within by lambent, horrible orange and maroon lights. And Waskulltyr's single eye--the Secret Eye, the size of a moon, the size of a planet, opened at last. And Waskulltyr saw the shadow make a single gorgeous movement, an enchanter's gesture, and speak not with its voice...which could not carry in the space of souls...but instead with its secret spirit. "Kale Roho za Ptah na Atum, " spoke the shadow, " Miungu kubwa iliyobeba roho ya Ptah; Yeye wa nguvu isiyo na mipaka! Sikia wimbo takatifu wa kichawi wa Ausar. Kama Ausette akiimba zaburi, Tunauliza Baraka Zake. Tunaomba hekima Yake, ulinzi Wake, mwongozo wake. Tunaomba atubariki kwa nguvu Yake kubwa ya kuokoa roho hizi kutoka kwa mauti mabaya yanayosababishwa na yule mwovu ambaye hula mioyo na roho ... Wallskulltyr. Baast Tunakutia moyo. Hakuna kiumbe anayeweza kujificha kutoka kwa macho yako, ambayo huboa vizuizi vyote. Vivuli vyote. Giza lote. Chui wako mweusi aliyechaguliwa, Mfalme wako wa wafu, mtawala wako wa siri, anakuombea Wewe upe uhuru wa roho hizi zisizo na hatia na nzuri. Chui wako mweusi aliyeteuliwa anawasilisha ombi lake kwako, nguvu ya Baast, na anakuuliza uwape watu hawa wasio na hatia uhuru wao na uwape nguvu ya kulipiza kisasi kwa mkandamizaji; roho mbaya na yenye kuchukiza inayoitwa Wallskultyr. " ...."

And the tens of thousands of souls that Waskulltyr feasted upon, tormented, raped and ruined and made most wretched, were rejuvenated. They were redeemed. And Waskulltyr's being quailed, as his power weakened immeasurably. And these souls were gifted again with their full power. And they visited their full wrath upon Waskulltyr, repaying him in full for the aeons and aeons of torment he inflicted upon them..."

I think that we should give Wakandans themselves props as being truly exceptional and without need of Vibranium. I would like to see whole issues in say a 3,4, or 6 issue arc that doesn't even mention Vibranium or specifically states that this particular challenge can be handled WITHOUT Vibranium. I think that it should be pretty obvious that Wakanda USUALLY DOESN'T USE VIBRANIUM, else Wakanda may have used up all or most of its stores of Vibranium over the million+ years of its existence.

I'm all for making Vibranium as multifaceted and formidable as possible. The truly exceptional Wakandans would be utter fools not to explore and exploit as many uses for Vibranium as they could imagine. They would be infinitely more foolish to overly rely or even half of the time rely upon Vibranium as the core ore of their civilization's existence; Vibranium is an open secret. Open secrets? Don't surprise or overwhelm the most intelligent, most doughty, most patient, most venerable of arch-nemeses...and Wakanda definitely has more than her fair share of arch-nemeses.

Thank you for the kind words supreme illuminati. Again your fanfic demonstrates an unwavering viewpoint of how well you support the Black Panther.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: April 05, 2020, 02:05:09 am »
Beautiful!  :)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: April 05, 2020, 05:06:19 pm »

My point stands unabated. Shuri for what ever reason... in story or real world concerns, simply did not build a more advanced armor than Stark. From the comic book aficionado to the general movie going audience there should be a clear delineation between who is the more advanced between all those super heroes at play on the field, especially if most advanced is to be ones trademark.

I am most certainly comparing which of the two (Iron Man or Black Panther) has the most advanced uniform. Just a cursory examination of the leaps made by Iron Man and Black Panther from  Civil War to Infinity War tells the tale. The Black Panther doesn't need half a dozen movies to show his and Wakanda's superiority. What we should demand from the Black Panther in any movie is simply his best iteration.

I'm comparing movies based on  RL time and what was available in that time as well as the expectation going into the movie. And Frankly marvel didn't know BP was going to blow up like it did and become a cultural movement, they also filmed The Avengers movies back to back and I'm pretty sure Chadwick said he pretty much went from filming BP to Avengers so they were both happening at pretty much the same time which caused a conflict in being able to make adjustments. But ultimately I don't find the habit to be that far behind IMs suit. Really we are comparing are Apple's to oranges, and the solo literally came out months before IW.. but it also comes down to, it doesn't matter how advanced something is if the people in charge don't usee it like they should, happens on the comics and to some extent in the MCU.

Therein lies the point. Someone did get in... Klaw and did damage. Someone did know they existed... Klaw and apparently Thanos too. Someone did penetrate their defenses... by tunneling under the force shield not to mention if one does't mind flaying themselves one can push through the force field and to add insult to injury simply run around to the back of it to the unprotected areas.

What do you mean N'Yami battle cruisers wouldn't make sense? Wakanda has spies in every nation, therefore their intelligence gathering would have informed them of the presence of extraterrestrial beings and hopefully the Tesseract;  Hydra's fleet of Insight Helicarriers; Stark's orbiting satellite; not to mention how useful they would be if a wormhole opens above Wakanda and an army of Chitauri  come ready for battle.

Those sonic spears did not appear effective. There was no wide spread blanketing wiping out hundreds of Outriders at a time as they ran through a choke point opened in the force field. No show of a group of Wakandan Boarder Tribesmen putting their spears together to generate a massive energy blast. In fact the Wakandan army abandoned using them as distance weapons and ran head on into a melee attack that they appeared to be loosing. Big action movies need to show big action. Those dragonfly fighters did about as much damage to  those Outrider troop carriers as a mosquito to an elephants ass. Better to show N'Yami battle cruisers destroying them in defense of Wakanda than a last minute save from Thor. As for you supposition regarding the barrier all they had to do was show such.

Your last two comments I think we are in somewhat of an agreement Brother Ezyo.

Klaw got in because of N'jobu and also learned about it from him. There's a difference between him getting in on his own, and getting in because someone allowed him to enter. In that regard the barrier did what it was supposed to do and he was given information. Thanos entire army was at Wakanda so it isn't out of the realm that he would be able to track them there. The tunneling under the barrier was Kinda dumb but they were trying to cause a sense of tension. I don't agree with it, it's a very lazy way to get around it but I guess they had to think of something since we literally saw the barrier tank a skyscraper sized shuttle from out of orbit with out any issue.

As for the outriders I don't think it's anything about simply running around the barrier to unprotected areas as thst literally makes zero sense for Wakanda to not have a barrier protecting it's entirety. It simply came down to the outriders had no problem killing themselves to get in so if the army split up (remember they had overwhelming numbers) they WOULD outflank them and some would get in, enough to cause damage. If they could simply run around it then the black order would of simply made the army flank the Barrier and T'Challa would have no choice but to follow.

As for the motherships, again they had no need to have them because again no one knew they were there and thus wouldn't bother them because it looked like a mountain range. Helecarriers, and Stark satellites can't find them or get in, and other then going underground (plot reasons) only cosmic level magic could get in. Not a reason to have giant motherships from the MCU side.  Plus given how the movie was focusing on the OG avengers, would you have really wanted to see some stupidity of the Black order taking down a N'Yami mothership?

As for the final point. The spears were extremely effective. They were essentially sniper rifles capable of one shotting the invading force. But again big action movies wanted some medieval style battle Which I have stated over and over I do not agree with it because it was incredibly stupid.

They created a choke point, forcing the flanking outriders to come back to the choke point, they had the advantage of dragon fliers and. Rhodey raining death, they had Wakandans blasting them from a distance, if any got to close they had the shield border tribes ready, they can easily dispose of them. But instead (the Russo's) they stop shooting and then charge, being vastly outnumbered and giving up all of their advantages all to create faux tension and ultimately Thor's big rescue.

I don't agree with that at all. It would of made more sense to give the feeling of stakes by having them abandon the strategy because they eventually had to due to the sheer numbers coming in, all the while showing why Wakanda was literally the best place to be and why the world (and the galaxy at large) should fear Wakanda. But that wasn't the focus, and Marvel didn't have time to make changes and they have lamented that as well

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4904 on: April 06, 2020, 12:48:17 am »
Beautiful!  :)

And you know this maaan! BP to the future.