Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Letitia Wright Speaks on Black Panther Sequel  (Read 1331139 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Forever King... Chadwick Boseman... RIP
« Reply #5010 on: September 06, 2020, 12:30:47 pm »
Chadwick Boseman's Wife, Costars Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o & More Attend Private Memorial
Chadwick Boseman died on Aug. 28 following a private years-long battle with colon cancer
By Maria Pasquini September 06, 2020 10:45 AM

Chadwick Boseman’s loved ones gathered together to pay their respects to the late actor.

A private memorial was held for the Black Panther star in Malibu, California, according to photographs obtained by The Sun. In addition to the late actor’s wife Taylor Simone Ledward, the memorial was also attended by a number of Boseman’s friends and costars, including Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o and Winston Duke.

Photographs show that the service included music from a hang drum, as well as an image of the late actor alongside a floral display.

The memorial was held a week after Boseman died on Aug. 28 following a private years-long battle with colon cancer.

RELATED: Chadwick Boseman's Mom Partly Inspired Him to Keep His Cancer Battle Private, Actor's Agent Says

Three days after news of Boseman’s death, Jordan reflected on how much he learned from his “big brother” over the many years they knew each other.

"One of the last times we spoke, you said we were forever linked, and now the truth of that means more to me than ever," Jordan, 33, wrote in a touching tribute. "Since nearly the beginning of my career, starting with All My Children when I was 16 years old you paved the way for me. You showed me how to be better, honor purpose, and create legacy. And whether you’ve known it or not…I’ve been watching, learning and constantly motivated by your greatness."

"You cared about me. You are my big brother, but I never fully got a chance to tell you, or to truly give you your flowers while you were here. I wish we had more time,” he added. “I’m dedicating the rest of my days to live the way you did. With grace, courage, and no regrets. ‘Is this your king!?’Yes . he . is! Rest In Power Brother."

Boseman’s and Jordan’s paths first crossed when the two actors played the same role in All My Children. Boseman, who was 26 at the time, was allegedly fired from the part after speaking to producers about his concerns that the character, a teen gang member, represented a negative racial stereotype.

In a joint interview with Jordan for the January issue of TheWrap’s Oscar magazine, Boseman claimed that while the producers did take “some” of his suggestions, they also replaced him with Jordan, who portrayed the character for nearly three years.

“I’m younger than Chad, and I was coming into All My Children fresh off The Wire — wide open, still learning. I was playing this role not knowing that a lot of the things I was going through were because of what he’d already done for me," Jordan said in the 2019 interview.

Boseman died of colon cancer four years after his first diagnosis in 2016.

"It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman," his family wrote in a statement. "⁣A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much.”

"⁣He died in his home, with his wife and family by his side," the statement continued. "The family thanks you for your love and prayers, and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time."

https://people.com/movies/chadwick-boseman-private-memorial-attended-by-michael-b-jordan-lupita-nyongo/
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5011 on: September 09, 2020, 11:55:00 am »

The same theatre where the late and great Chadwick Boseman was first revealed to be Black Panther six years ago paid tribute to the actor.
courtesy of CBR's Amadeus Arkham

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5012 on: September 13, 2020, 03:51:48 pm »
Black Panther

by Rodrigo Martins dos Santos

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Forever King - Chadwick Boseman - My STA Interview
« Reply #5013 on: September 18, 2020, 06:47:51 pm »

I recently did a interview on the podcast Speak to After. We discussed how Chadwick Boseman's life and untimely death impacted Black Panther. We delved into origins and possibilities and talked about BP's influence possible future.

Listen to STA-033: Bro. Ture- Remembering Chadwick Boseman and the Story of the Black Panther from Speak To After Podcast on Apple Podcasts.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/speak-to-after-podcast/id1485187900#episodeGuid=9955b26b-d957-4244-95d4-a99abd74ba4b

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5014 on: September 24, 2020, 05:18:01 pm »
‘Black Panther’ Mural With Chadwick Boseman Unveiled at Disneyland

By Janet W. Lee

Wakanda forever.

Disneyland unveiled a Chadwick Boseman mural in its Downtown Disney shopping district. The artwork from Nikkolas Smith shows the late Marvel star giving the Wakanda salute to a young fan wearing a “Black Panther” mask.

Smith shared photos of his work on Thursday via Instagram, in which he is giving the Wakanda salute in front of the mural.

“This one is special. My King Chad tribute is now on a wall on display at Downtown Disney,” he wrote. “It is a full circle moment for me: my final two projects as a Disney Imagineer last summer were working on the children’s hospital project and the Avengers Campus.”

The child in the mural is wearing a hospital gown, to honor the late “Black Panther” star who visited children with cancer at St. Jude campus, while waging a private battle with the disease. The installation is titled, “King Chad.”

“To millions of kids, T’Challa was a legend larger than life, and there was no one more worthy to fill those shoes than Chadwick Boseman,” Smith continued. “I’m so thankful to be able to honor Chadwick’s life and purpose in this way. I am grateful to the Disney family for being so supportive of my journey as an artist.”

Boseman was diagnosed in 2016 with stage 3 colon cancer, and over four years, it progressed to stage 4, his family later revealed. Although he never spoke publicly about his diagnosis, he worked through his treatment for much of his film career.

While Disneyland’s main park remains closed amid the coronavirus pandemic, Downtown Disney in California is currently open for visitors. Additional images from Smith’s work are available on the artist’s website.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disneyland-black-panther-mural-downtown-disney-1234782665/

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: September 28, 2020, 10:22:20 am »
That's just awesome.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - How to Empower the Black Panther
« Reply #5016 on: October 01, 2020, 09:33:21 pm »
While reading Avengers #36 was enjoyable for the obvious reasons, I started wondering about what level of power Moon Knight was operating from? From the fight scenes he and Black Panther looked liked two skilled martial artists engaged in combat and I'm OK with that. In fact I prefer it that way.

Unless Moon Knight was functioning at 100 ton level strength, with equivalent durability and healing, I think T'Challa was unnecessarily put into overkill mode. Even with Khonshu's enhancing his abilities (and the use of a few simple weapons) Moon Knight was all hand to hand combat... primarily the Fist of Khonshu and was summarily dismissed and utterly defeated by the Black Panther.

I write this to say that while the about to be mentioned implements were most certainly cool, T'Challa didn't need a self repairing panther habit, repulsor like energy blast, panther's web nor rhino horn energy daggers to engage Marc Specter. He didn't even require his throwable energy daggers or vibranium claws.

The Black Panther's face off with Khonshu was hot but the hammer thing is righteous only if it works when Thor is wielding it.

Aaron is definitely giving the Black Panther some very neat additions to his arsenal and I hope he has some next level Wakandan sourced, T'Challa invented tech for the Black Panther to use against the Phoenix possessed Moon Knight because I surely want T'Challa to stop using other heroes/ villains weapons and tools. Not to mention I don't want to see the Black Panther hobbled when fighting the "all powerful" Moon Knight.

There most certainly needs to be a consistent catalog of standard equipment; physical and mental prowess; spiritual and magical acumen concerning the Black Panther. A good writer can justify the Black Panther's non standard equipment simply by alluding to his being a prep master. For example... physically without the Heart Shaped Herb T'Challa is above peak human, with it superhuman.

Intellectually he is a genius level polymath; mental conditioning prevents telepaths from reading thoughts or others from taking control of his mind and body. The King of the Dead title is too nebulous. T'Challa like any Afrakan in general or Wakandan in particular can communicate with their ancestors. As the Black Panther is a spiritual leader T'Challa would be the Ancestral Lord (much better designation than King of the Dead)of all deceased Wakandans only and be required to ritually commune and travel to the land of the dead. His unique gift would enable him to tap into the memories and powers of all previous Black Panthers.

Avengers Black Panther's Quest delivered a fine example of how to utilize the Black Panther's skill set and equipment in diverse environs while giving all the aforementioned their unique Wakandan signature.

These are some of the foundations necessary to reconstruct the Black Panther new ongoing solo post his journey through the Coatesverse. This necessary reconstruction also points to the necessity of recasting the role of Black Panther to further explore the character. We need to see Wakanda through his eyes and see how he handles the consequences he and his father invoked by sharing some their nation's resources.

The Black Panther's story needs to be fleshed kind of like Avatar the Last Air Bender and the Legend of Kora. And before you think it we are not going to make an analogy with Kora and Shuri. This needs to be all T'Challa parts one and two and beyond. We need to explore Wakanda and visit its unique and exotic locales; we need to get to know the different tribes and all their diversity; we need to explore Wakandan lore and its history.

Again I must point back to Avengers Black Panther's Quest because it seemed to comprehend this. The creatives behind this extraordinary iteration of the Black Panther proofed the value, sustainability of an insular narrative with regards to Black Panther, his supporting characters and the homeland of Wakanda.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:36:52 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Mutant Propaganda Tells Wakandan History!
« Reply #5017 on: October 07, 2020, 09:15:19 am »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

Mutant Propaganda Tells Wakandan History!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:19:18 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Marauding Mutant Attempts To Steal Sacred Artifact
« Reply #5018 on: October 07, 2020, 09:17:16 am »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

Marauding Mutant Attempts To Steal Sacred Artifact!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 10:09:26 pm by Ture »

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: October 07, 2020, 10:07:09 am »
Not shocked at all. Typical X-nonsense. Create some bs about a sword that no one outside of this book has mentioned and how important it is...for Storm.

Have her throw shade around while she's at it.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: October 07, 2020, 11:24:02 am »
Probably shouldn't post entire issues. I don't believe any member would report it, but someone passing through might.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #5021 on: October 07, 2020, 03:02:19 pm »
Probably shouldn't post entire issues. I don't believe any member would report it, but someone passing through might.

I agree.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5022 on: October 07, 2020, 03:48:53 pm »

I agree.

I don't think that was the entire issue. I mean..that's not 28 pgs of artwork and whatnot, right?

I was thoroughly glad that this issue didn't chump T'Challa or Shuri out in order to make Storm better [ although I truly think that they snored on Shuri, who definitely wouldn't've showed up with only her arm bracer weaponry to face The Weather Witch ]. I was really REALLY pleased to see that Queen Ramonda is actually shown on panel as being vitally important to and not just some elderly decorative appendage. I also very much loved the notion of amplifying the arms and the legacy of the weaponry of both Wakanda AND The Black Panthers. In my fanfic from years ago, when T'Challa faced Hel [ long before Thor did so in the MCU ], T'Challa

However. I need to see T'Challa and Wakanda get some kind of substantive...if not DECISIVE...role to play in this battle. I don't see the world's longest lasting and most advanced human civilization sitting this kind of war out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:52:04 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: October 07, 2020, 03:53:42 pm »

I agree.

I don't think that was the entire issue. I mean..that's not 28 pgs of artwork and whatnot, right?

I was thoroughly glad that this issue didn't chump T'Challa or Shuri out in order to make Storm better [ although I truly think that they snored on Shuri, who definitely wouldn't've showed up with only her arm bracer weaponry to face The Weather Witch ]. I was really REALLY pleased to see that Queen Ramonda is actually shown on panel as being vitally important to and

The only thing missing are the three essay info pages.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: October 07, 2020, 04:21:41 pm »
Yeah, probably best to remove some of this, I can do it myself but I'll leave it up to you to decide what you want to keep up