Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla  (Read 1446075 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #5055 on: November 04, 2020, 06:02:36 pm »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5056 on: November 04, 2020, 07:46:24 pm »

https://www.cbr.com/king-in-black-black-panther-tchalla-wakandan-upgrade/

Great find CvilleWakandan. They must be enjoying this over at CBR.

Could we possibly be lucky enough to have Geoffrey as the writer. Isn't Geoffrey our own Redjack?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:09 am »
Redjack aka Geoffrey Thorne (wrote Avenger's Black Panthers quest) is doing the one shot for king in black. Let's all give him the support so that he can get the solo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: November 05, 2020, 05:19:14 pm »
Redjack aka Geoffrey Thorne (wrote Avenger's Black Panthers quest) is doing the one shot for king in black. Let's all give him the support so that he can get the solo

Buying THREE of em when it drops
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: November 07, 2020, 02:07:03 pm »
Supreme, I thought you would appreciate this, this is from Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack over at the CBR forums:

Quote from: Redjack
In my opinion.

Wakanda is the most advanced civilization humanity has produced.
Wakanda has a technology and resources UNIQUE to them, science and magic UNIQUE to them.
Wakanda, not Latveria, is the most dangerous nation on Earth, to anyone who is not Wakandan.
A baseline Wakandan soldier is equal to or superior to a baseline ninja from the Hand.
ANY random Dora Milajae is in Elektra or Iron Fist's fight class. Elite Dora are not to be attacked.
Nearly every Wakandan is in peak human physical condition. By normal standards nearly every Wakandan is close to olympic class fit.
The Wakandan spy network TERRIFIES those of the rest of the world good or evil. No one wants ANY of banging up against that.

Wakanda predates the concept of "Africa."
Everyone who is not Wakandan falls under the heading "Barbarian."

What they are not is gods or demigods. The WEAKEST Asgardian is stronger than the strongest Wakandan. The science of the the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can, at the least, give Wakanda a run for its money. The Phoenix beat Wakanda's ass.

Reed Richards is the smartest baseline human on Earth.
Lunella Lafayette is the smartest enhanced human on Earth.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank Pym, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and a few others are all in the same intellectual weight class but each has a wildly different focus. Of the lot, Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed Richards and Lunnella in approach. They are, by far, the most dangerous minds on Earth, not T'Challa.

These are some fo the things I think. But, if the company disagrees, any or all of them INSTANTLY become fanfic.

Because that's how it works when you don't OWN something.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: November 07, 2020, 02:18:09 pm »
Supreme, I thought you would appreciate this, this is from Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack over at the CBR forums:

In my opinion.

Wakanda has a technology and resources UNIQUE to them, science and magic UNIQUE to them.
Wakanda, not Latveria, is the most dangerous nation on Earth, to anyone who is not Wakandan.
A baseline Wakandan soldier is equal to or superior to a baseline ninja from the Hand.
ANY random Dora Milajae is in Elektra or Iron Fist's fight class. Elite Dora are not to be attacked.
Nearly every Wakandan is in peak human physical condition. By normal standards nearly every Wakandan is close to olympic class fit.
The Wakandan spy network TERRIFIES those of the rest of the world good or evil. No one wants ANY of banging up against that.

What they are not is gods or demigods. The WEAKEST Asgardian is stronger than the strongest Wakandan. The science of the the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can, at the least, give Wakanda a run for its money. The Phoenix beat Wakanda's ass.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank Pym, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and a few others are all in the same intellectual weight class but each has a wildly different focus. Of the lot, Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed Richards and Lunnella in approach. They are, by far, the most dangerous minds on Earth, not T'Challa.

These are some fo the things I think. But, if the company disagrees, any or all of them INSTANTLY become fanfic.

So after all's been done and said, Redjack is another writer who has ZERO problem watering down T'Challa's super genius intellectual prowess?

Please keep him away from the BP franchise.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: November 07, 2020, 02:59:45 pm »

In my opinion.

So after all's been done and said, Redjack is another writer who has ZERO problem watering down T'Challa's super genius intellectual prowess?

Please keep him away from the BP franchise.

That's the part that stood out to me too. Pretty sure Tchalla has a more dangerous mind than a tween.

If he can show the rest of it on panel, we should be mostly good.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: November 07, 2020, 03:17:43 pm »
@ Sal, he followed up with this

exactly.

He's the most dangerous man alive not the smartest man alive. EVERY hero needs a lane.

Even in the post I quoted above, he didn't water T'Challas Genius down he is just as smart as Doom, Tony, hank etc etc. But rather that he isn't the smartest person on earth. I thought it was pretty clear from the message he was more so given everyone kinda niche, and T'Challas isn't being the smartest person. And that's fine so long as he is the most dangerous man alive period because T'Challa isn't a scientist at heart like Coates claimed and it's his intellect, skills Martial arts, political prowess, prep, etc. That makes him so dangerous. Also I think he is talking about potential, like Reed is so smart he can create some hellish things as his niche is being the smartest and as such his mind can create dangerous things, and since Marvel pushed lunella as the smartest when Reed was gone then it's to fit a role. At the same time even though Reed is the smartest in no way has thst ever hinder Tony from being able to create some fantastical and dangerous stuff, same with doom. The same would be the case for T'Challa. It's just not his primary focus. T'Challa is a amalgamation of warrior, scientist, political giant, sly, super hero etc. And excells in all of those. Hence why over the years we have seen that he can fit with any super genius and keep up with them all seemlessly despite not having a specific specialized field like Tony, Reed, or Pym.

Batman isn't the smartest dc character but is arguably the most dangerous man alive at DC.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 03:28:19 pm by Ezyo »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: November 07, 2020, 03:24:09 pm »
I would say Tchalla, Doom, the Maker, Sinister, and maybe Evolutionary(I dont know too much about him) are the most "dangerous" minds.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:23 pm »
Again, I believe he was referring to dangerous in terms of intellectual capability in creating technology, not dangerous I terms of how their overall capability. Reed is the smartest man alive, but in terms of danger factor in a fight, T'Challa would spank him all day everyday because Reed is a scientist at heart and T'Challa is a warrior and prepares for the unknown. However put them in a lab and have a contest to create the most dangerous piece of tech? Reed would likely win due to his scientific nature, that's not to say T'Challa wouldn't create a equally impressive and dangerous tech, but Reed would/ should edge him out.

Hence how T'Challa can be the most dangerous man alive but not have the most dangerous Mind (in terms of raw scientific intellect) or be the smartest man alive, but it's his combined skills in every aspect that sets him above the rest

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: November 07, 2020, 08:04:40 pm »

In my opinion.

You're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, my brutha!! I do love it!

I find Redjack's interpretation of Wakanda and Wakandans to be similar to mine in several key areas, and of course we differ in several areas...but not jarringly so. I personally think that Wakanda would definitely handle Phoenix, having made direct contact with and interacted with Phoenix in The Original Avengers. Wakanda...since that time...had a million years or so to consider the requisite defenses, study The Phoenix Force, and develop appropriate countermeasures. I have absolute confidence that Wakanda would far outstrip the efforts of all previous civilizations or groups contending with The Phoenix Force and should have great success when confronting it. Recall that The Phoenix Force has been turned aside by numerous others; and these others did so with far less time to study, far less resources, and generally far less ability than what Wakanda has long had. Furthermore, Wakanda has had plenty of time to avail itself of the various ways that others...especially The X-Men...have been able to deal with The Phoenix, and have certainly crafted vastly superior responses outstripping all the achievements of those who've successfully defeated The Phoenix before Wakanda faced it.

It's canon that The Golden City was drowned by The Phoenix Five. This success by The Phoenix Five should be looked at very skeptically because this "drowning of Wakanda" came directly after RH Black Nationalist BP+Black Power Black Afrikan Queen Foxy Cleopatra BP Party of Self Defense Ororo

thoroughly traumatized those racist White guys in The X-Office, and the BP solo was removed from circulation. The absence of a ongoing BP solo? Opened the doors allowing BP to be mishandled by the X-Office who... long miffed by RH's Black Nationalist Black Panther, the shine that Ororo got with him, and the acclaim that both characters garnered as a result...leaped at the opportunity to denigrate yet another Afrakan male. This racist fear of Afrakan men is part of the DNA of Marvel's X-Office.   As soon as they could do so, they poured their wrath on BP and Storm, broke up their marriage, and defeated the previously invincible Wakanda. They weree so successful in their hatred, that they managed to run many of the former T'Choro faithful against the T'Choro union. Me? I am aligned with Malcolm X on this one. Remember when Malcolm said: "The more I hear that man scream, the more I know I did something right"? Well, the more the X- Office hates on T'Choro? The more proof there is that T'Choro is the way to go.

The racist, insecure, childish, hateful knee jerk lashing out at T'Choro by the X-Office was as predictable as the temper tantrums of the former toupee'd tyrant Trump. This whole hateful, racist reaction by The X-Office is worthy of a Michelle Obama Side Eye.

I completely agree with the average Wakandan being equivalent to an Olympic athlete in other countries, but I take it a bit further...I think the average Wakandan is equivalent to TOP 20 DECATHLETES OF THE REST OF THE WORLD. So of course the average Wakandan is a doughty foe but is not as physically powerful as an average Asgardian. I do, however, think that the average Wakandan is smarter, more agile, faster AND quicker than the average Asgardian, but not as durable, strong, or experienced. I do think that the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can give Wakanda a run for its money...but I think that Wakanda would win those battles pretty convincingly.

Of the three, I would think that the shape-shifting Skrulls would give Wakanda the stiffest test. Just my opinion.

Now on to the prickly question of intelligence and who's the smartest.

I think that the question of who's the smartest is a very loaded question because most of us don't really know how INTELLIGENCE works. I don't pretend to have the ultimate truth regarding "intelligence" in any or all of its manifestations, either. However, I note that when judging "intelligence" what we tend to do is blend our cultural prejudices into the process of determining whoever/whatever is more/less intelligent than whoever/whatever else.

European cultural bias tilts toward the logical/mathematical type. You know...the lab tech, the science head, the person with superior vocabulary. There may in fact be a person who's more brilliant at...say...growing food than Reed Richards is at crafting fantastic technology. But due to pervasive cultural prejudice, the farmer would get less respect, notoriety and admiration than Reed. Furthermore, Emotional Intelligence is entirely overlooked in these discussions and analysis. Emotional Intelligence is at least as important as and oftentimes more important than traditional I.Q. Emotion and Intelligence are heavily linked.

So. Reed Richards may be the smartest baseline human on Earth...on certain IQ matters. But not all IQ matters [ especially Kinesthetic Intelligence and Interpersonal Intelligence ]. Same with all the other megabrains. Lunella is the smartest ENHANCED human on Earth...in most but not all matters IQ and/or EI.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark etc are all i nteh same intellectual weight class with wildly different focus. Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed and Lunella, exactly as Redjack stated.

But what makes T'Challa so singular and incredibly unique in this area? Is that T'Challa is either ranked or tied for #1-#5...IN EVERY ASPECT OF IQ AND EI. Even more terrifying? T'Challa is able to marshal these disparate intelligences SIMULTANEOUSLY while assessing any issue or matter. T'Challa can dodge laser fire while sprinting at 70 mph while carrying a literal one ton vehicle overhead while simultaneously playing Reed Richards in Nth dimensional chess. Compound that with fighting off a psi attack from Moondragon with sheer willpower, astral projecting to commune with The Panther Spirits at The Panther Pavilion, internally guiding the accelerated healing of an injury he received while subduing The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, praying devoutly to Bast, pondering the deeper questions of Maat philosophy, reading memorizing and applying interstellar scientific data being accrued second by second from some of Wakanda's deep space exploration space craft using Dimension Drive to beam to Wakanda hyper accelerated data from multiple points in multiple realities, while assessing the true motives of a half dozen friends and foes [ spread across the world in different locations ]...all at the same time.

No other human being can make such a claim.

This is an incredibly jaw dropping ability...this conglomeration of pinnacle human intelligences... is so staggeringly puissant that it's practically an unanswerable superpower in and of itself. I also think that the proper leveraging of the combination of these abilities...all peak human...makes a very good argument for T'Challa to remain Peak Human and NOT superhuman, because having all of the preceding abilities AND superhuman powers runs the danger of making T'Challa into a low grade Gary Stu.

Anywho. I love Redjack's take on things. I would LOVE for him to write the BP ongoing.

AND. Let's make NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS. The most real and most important part of Redjack's post above? Is this absolutely inescapable and number one fact here:

"Because that's how it works when you don't OWN something."

That's why? I believe that we should be focused on making MILESTONE as large as or larger than Marvel AND DC. We should be talking about THE BIG THREE, not just The Big Two. Imagine what a character like T'Challa or Ororo could do WITHOUT the hate acting as a check of sorts emanating from a company office like The X-Office. Imagine what Kasper Cole or Drake or Shuri could do with the proper support and marketing. Imagine what a modern comic book version of Queen Amina...the real life dazzling Hausa warrior of Nigeria from centuries ago commanding at least 20,000 warriors who is the source of and inspiration for the popular syndicated show XENA THE WARRIOR PRINCESS...could do. Imagine what an Orlando Jones flavored Mr. Nansi could do, with the proper support and marketing behind him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOH-3vcWro&t=22s
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:03:51 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: November 08, 2020, 12:18:15 pm »
More interesting talk at the CBR regarding the most dangerous person alive is, here's RJs response

for sheer providential for destruction i think you have to give it to doom because he's the most reckless. he's an entirely ego-driven villain and doesn't care about anything but himself and his own vain goals. sort of like if Trump was actually a genius at something.

T'Challa's the most lethal man because against any foe or team of enemies, he is going to be the most ruthless decisive victor.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: November 08, 2020, 12:50:51 pm »
Ultimately I think we're going to have to wait until February to see if what's said is what's reflected on the panels in the one shot. Im not counting Panthers Quest or the Lexus as because those had to tempered by the corporate types. But he can get away with more I a main universe setting.
Reggie Hudlin-

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: November 08, 2020, 03:52:20 pm »
Ultimately I think we're going to have to wait until February to see if what's said is what's reflected on the panels in the one shot. Im not counting Panthers Quest or the Lexus as because those had to tempered by the corporate types. But he can get away with more I a main universe setting.

Redjack delivers better and more often than UPS, The Post Office, FedEx, Santa on Xmas AND the IRS doin bruthas durrty on taxes.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: November 08, 2020, 03:58:15 pm »

Redjack delivers better and more often than UPS, The Post Office, FedEx, Santa on Xmas AND the IRS doin bruthas durrty on taxes.

Only comic I know him for is Mosaic, which was good, but also came with a family dynamic that is the polar opposite to someone like Saladins' Miles solo which I enjoy. So I'm still on the wait and see side.
Reggie Hudlin-