Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - BP Wakanda Forever Trailer (Tribute to Chadwick Boseman)  (Read 1641268 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla
« Reply #5130 on: April 15, 2021, 12:46:11 am »
This is the third thread with Recast in its title. And the other two are still visible on the first page. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Quote of the Week! Redjack@CBR
« Reply #5131 on: April 21, 2021, 07:26:45 pm »
"realism" is a crutch used by people who are new to writing super-hero fiction.

Some fans think they want more realism but, invariably, too much of the real world in super-hero comics makes for some sh*ttier super-hero comics. What they want is to feel the actions of these heroes ring TRUE which is not the same as being REAL.

The base concepts of these heroes and their worlds are just too thin to support too much true realism.

Wakanda is a scifi secret monarchy.

EVERYONE is Wakanda is an olympic level athlete and a near genius level thinker. The ritual of ascension via combat is part faith (Bast smiles on whoever wins and thus is fated by the goddess to rule), part test of combat skills and part contest of wills to see who has the necessary grit to rule. This is why ANYONE is allowed to compete. It's egalitarian without being democratic. The council exists to ADVISE the ruler, not tell him what to do or fight his decisions.

it's not a democracy. they aren't Americans.

nor do they age, speak any real language or stay dead when they're killed.

big 2 super hero comics are about what can be made to seem plausible inside their own universes, not what can be made to match reality more closely.

reality, like nostalgia, kills them.

Redjack

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: April 22, 2021, 04:09:59 am »
And that's brothers and sisters, is why Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack, needs to be on the BP solo ASAP. Marvel made a huge mistake not getting him on. His BP KiB title was just a taste.  Us fans are HUNGRY for the fill course

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5133 on: April 22, 2021, 10:08:22 am »
And that's brothers and sisters, is why Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjack, needs to be on the BP solo ASAP. Marvel made a huge mistake not getting him on. His BP KiB title was just a taste.  Us fans are HUNGRY for the fill course

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: May 02, 2021, 12:41:20 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg02yTx1kXA

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #5135 on: May 07, 2021, 09:25:29 am »
Quote from: Ezyo1000
The crap Coates has been spewing was so "groundbreaking" I dunno if it's possible to show T'Challa as powerful.

Quote from: Redjack

Oh. it's possible.

It's actual.

You'll see it.

Promise.

To me, Wakanda must be a near utopia or there's no point.

Quote from: Redjack
Folks, it's official. I will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.

FUTURE STATE's art is nice. I appreciate the artist for their attention to clarity and detail especially for close quarter fight scenes. That's John Stewart?!? OK, curiosity piqued.

Very much looking forward to Black Panther King In Black. I was waiting to read that Redjack would in fact be writing the new BP solo but if Marvel Comics thinks following the A.G.E.N.D.A. is going to work... rest assured they're going to be calling Mr. Thorne back three months after launch... especially if BP King In Black holds it down in story and sales.

The A.G.E.N.D.A. isn't about honest representation and true inclusion its about corrupting the so called status quo by subjugating what they perceive as white male fantasy. Marvel Comics has inclusion and honestly represented diversity with Black Panther, Brother Voodoo, Shang Chi, Amadeus Choi, White Tigers, North Star, Ms Marvel, Black Widow, X Men...

I could really go on but the point has been made. All Marvel has to do is bring in writers that want to sincerely enrich the wide variety of characters by staying in the lane which uniquely defines their chosen hero or heroine. Complaints about continuity notwithstanding most Marvel characters are highly developed thus all is required are comic book writers who know and respect comic book stories and history.

With all that...

I have only just now seen this post, as I was busy all of December last year...and the fact that Marvel had long decided NOT to give Redjack the reigns of the BP solo is pissing me off all over again. Redjack smoove ganxta smashed KiB. His KiB is literally the BEST KiB tie in and amongst the best in all of the KiB main storyline books. Redjack is the man. He is absolutely stompin all over everyone else who wrote BP in the modern era, Redjack has incredible range and reach of storytelling, he would write a utterly magnficient, jaw dropping BP who would imo be the only BP who is ACTUALLY BETTER THAN the seriously dope BP that Aaron is writing, Redjack's BP would be by far the best able to masterfully and authentically engage the socioecopolitical morass we see going on in our streets and politics nowadays and...

...that is probably exactly why those idiots in the 616 won't let Redjack write BP, now that I think of it. I guarantee you that Ridley won't go back and right the wrongs BP has suffered in past iterations which directly affect his current status. There were whole amazing arcs and plot threads of BP that have been entirely ignored but should not be. Zemo's foot on BP's back during STEEVIL's reign. The aneurism BP suffered vs Iron Fist. The Hand invaded Wakanda under Liss, but there was no on panel retribution. Storm snatched SKYBREAKER from Wakanda, and has yet to return it on panel. Storm also defeated Shuri in h2h, and there's no way that any Wakandan...most especially a Royal...is going to let that slide. Round 2 is coming. No. IS MANDATORY.

T'Challa vs Steve Cap sparring in The Avengers' Mountain with BP coming out on top is mandatory. Why? Because CAP was getting the better of BP in Aaron's PHOENIX saga, and no Panther would let that slide. Even if all we see is that BP said that he was allowing CAP to "win" at the beginning in order to better analyze the best means to defeat Steve, which he began with the last blow landed between the two: a BP kick that sent CA flying...we still need to see it

T'Challa vs Doom. We need that definitive BP on panel win. Three times it was written in comics, on panel, and in canon that DOOM got the edge over Wakanda in significant and dominant ways. He was seen defeating T'Challa physically by grabbing T'Challa by the throat and hurling him. He overran Wakanda in DOOM WAR. Long prior to that, Doom sat a puppet on the throne of Wakanda in 2099. And Doom defeated T'Challa on Battleworld. All of this literally screams and cries for redress, and would be the part of the multithread plots of current and future stories.

No Redjack? No full scope redressing and addressing of the full scope BP. Ridley? Is going to come in on some totally new ish and absolutely ignore all that has gone before insofar as fleshing them out and making them part of his new narratives. I could understand Ridley not doing so for the first year of his writing BP [ he wants to put his own unique stamp on BP, but I would think that a REAL WRITER would be able to put his own unique stamp on BP aaaaaand redress these wrongs AT THE SAME TIME said author is putting out utterly new, utterly fresh, utterly compelling stories built for 5 years from jump ], but Redjack is clearly the "write" man for the job. I mean...what else do RJ have to do to get the nod? He's merked every story he's ever written. I challenge anyone here to find a booboo story written by RJ. I read his DC stuff and it is DOPE. His Marvel stuff? DOPE. His KiB? GANXTA [as promised ]. The best KiB tie in that Marvel has. Period.

Ridley hasn't put out comic work on the level that RJ has, just as RJ hasn't put out movie scripts etc on the level that Ridley rocks. Give Redjack his own book, man. Dang. At least put Redjack in charge of a newly launched WAKANDA FOREVER book that would come out after the world smashing success of BP 2 is launched. Or give an important team book to Redjack until he gets to write Sam as the NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA after Anthony Mackie absolutely MERKS IT as Cap after Captain America 4 comes out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:01:27 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Quoted For Truth! Redjack@CBR
« Reply #5136 on: May 07, 2021, 02:11:29 pm »
While Other History of the DC Univers isnt a traditional comic, it's one of the best things currently running.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5137 on: May 10, 2021, 11:38:17 am »
FIRST THERE WAS THIS...

FOLLOWED BY THIS...

ALL TO LEAD TO THIS IN ISSUE #3...

PROPS TO CVILLE WAKANDAN FOR THE HEADS UP

Tchalla is alive in Avengers Mecha Strike. He got teleported some unknown place as the cliff hanger ending for the issue.

This however does not diminish T'Challa being written as foolish enough to leap into the blast radius of a known foe. Not to mention that the teleportation to wherever the Black Panther is was not of his own machinations. This book has some nice art work, I just wish they would apply some of it to detailing the Black Panther's habit.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Mechs and the Hellfire Gala
« Reply #5138 on: May 10, 2021, 11:46:22 am »

I'm glad that T'Challa the Black Panther did not arrive with the Avengers. As king of Wakanda he should arrive with his royal retinue of Dora Milaje, Hautue Zeraze and Shuri.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:57 pm »
FIRST THERE WAS THIS...

FOLLOWED BY THIS...

Tchalla is alive in Avengers Mecha Strike. He got teleported some unknown place as the cliff hanger ending for the issue.

This however does not diminish T'Challa being written as foolish enough to leap into the blast radius of a known foe. Not to mention that the teleportation to wherever the Black Panther is was not of his own machinations. This book has some nice art work, I just wish they would apply some of it to detailing the Black Panther's habit.

Every single Black Panther appearance in all media could be held to this standard. Something foolish has to happen in order for the story to progress
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: May 12, 2021, 02:29:57 pm »
FIRST THERE WAS THIS...

FOLLOWED BY THIS...

I think what annoys me the most, is that description on the page (there was also a animated short too) claiming Tony created the suits when it's very clearly stated on panel in issue 1 that T'Challa and Tony created them T'Challa says it on panel. Yet Tony is the only one credited with it

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Mechs and the Hellfire Gala
« Reply #5141 on: May 18, 2021, 10:06:25 pm »
CONFLICTING LOYALTIES...

CONTRASTING IDEOLOGIES...

WORLDS APART AND YET STILL CONNECTED.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW JOHN RIDLEY HANDLES THEIR RELATIONSHIP GOING FORWARD. I THINK IT MIGHT BE TIME TO GET BACK TO SOME ORIGINAL STORYTELLING FROM THE 710 UNIVERSE.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #5142 on: June 02, 2021, 10:10:58 pm »
Today in...

The Black Panther was seen rubbing elbows with the mutant nations finest at their Hellfire Gala.

Thus far this gala is proving to be way beneath the notice of the King of Wakanda.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Black Panther spotted at Hellfire Gala...
« Reply #5143 on: June 03, 2021, 02:08:28 pm »
Yeah... That's embarrassing lol T'Challa should just leave and say as much to Thor "It would appear that this Gala is beneath people of our stature, let's take our leave Thor"

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Black Panther spotted at Hellfire Gala...
« Reply #5144 on: June 22, 2021, 11:46:40 pm »
Things are happening at mutant event of the year.

Namor, Professor X and Magneto get down to business.

Namor should choose his words more carefully. The X Men know lay claim to 100% of a planet. Of course both the Sub Mariner and the Mutants holdings pale in comparison to Emperor T'Challa's five galaxies.

It appears that the King of Wakanda and Emperor of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda is making a bold preemptive strike right in the heart of the Hellfire Gala by reforming the Illuminati.

Speaking of preemptive is T'Challa secretly positioning Ororo as as Regent of the Solar System? Rumor has it they are still together, her true allegiance is with Wakanda and that she remain loyal to the Black Panther.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-storm-solar-system-regent/