Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - BP Wakanda Forever Trailer (Tribute to Chadwick Boseman)  (Read 1641243 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
BIG CHANGES ARE AFOOT WITH MUTANTS!

The Hellfire Gala has not failed to impress. The Marvel Universe now has an Afrakan (so called Black) man who is emperor of an intergalactic empire and an Afrakan (so called Black) woman who is regent of the planet formerly known as Mars. Both the mutants and Wakandans are making incredibly significant strides in expansion and empowerment. One could only imagine what this could mean for the relationship between T'Challa and Ororo. I found it respectful that Storm in her introduction to Doom included her title Hadari Yao. I also appreciated the fact that the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda was included among the galactic representatives. This new metal the mutants created called mysterium sounds a lot like Isipho aka vibranium. Its a good thing vibranium is not on the open market or this could cause some tension between the Black Panther and the X Men. Well I guess we all know some kind of tension is on the way. Let the gala continue.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 11:48:48 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I want the Empire to be destroyed. Its just an advanced American pastiche. I fear that having Tchalla be emperor(when he said they needed to destroy it), is the equivalent to Barack Obama becoming President and people saying America has become post racism.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Probably a temporary upgrade, but still pretty cool.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Thank you CvilleWakandan, you called it from the start.

This is a significant upgrade to say the least.

I hope T'Challa gets some mega feats in his new ongoing series.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:15:23 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
While we wait for more news and pictures from the Hellfire Gala here is some art dedicated to our beloved King.

25 Black Panther Artworks to Remember Chadwick Boseman
Let us all remember the moments when Chadwick Boseman brought King T'Challa to life through these Black Panther artworks. Wakanda Forever!

For More Visit https://designrshub.com/2020/08/black-panther-artworks.html

This one of Chadwick Boseman Black Panther is by jumqwt74jagry7 on DeviantArt

Man I wish Black Panther comics would incorporate renderings like these.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - T'CHALLA VS. THE X-MEN OF MARS!
« Reply #5150 on: July 22, 2021, 11:28:51 pm »
Emperor T'Challa meets Regent Ororo or is it Black Panther vs the X Men?!?

Wow, this meeting happened quicker than I expected. Beautiful cover. The artwork is stunning. I want this this interaction to take place over some three or more issues and the cover of the final one having Storm and the X Men coming to T'Challa who is seated on his Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda throne. I want a full issue dedicated to discourse and political intrigue. I want T'Challa and Ororo debating what it means to rule on a cosmic scale and be responsible for the lives of your people while being enamored with one another.

I want a full issue of T'Challa the Black Panther taking on the best the X Men have to offer...Xavier, Magneto, Jean Gray; traveling across the Martian frontier in his own ship; and the big reveal to be that Wakanda colonized Mars decades ago. I want Storm and Black Panther to realize how powerful they are together. I want the repercussions of this meeting to bleed over into the X books and have far reaching consequences. I want a lot, yea, I know but I survived the Coatesverse and deserve all I'm asking for. Here's to hoping John Ridley gets it right.

BLACK PANTHER #3
JOHN RIDLEY (W) • JUANN CABAL (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
T'CHALLA VS. THE X-MEN OF MARS!
With assassins closing in and Wakanda's faith in him shaken, T'Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion, as T'Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda's secret agents, a revelation that will change everything…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:34:00 am by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This might be a misprint. The first book got delayed to November and this is from the October solicit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:49:37 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Release dates are definitely out of sync but what we should be discussing is the fact that this confrontation is happening. The look on Storm's face. The determination in Black Panther's stride. Magneto cowering in the background. Jean looking at T'Challa wishing she was Storm. Wolverine looking at Cyclops. Black Panther's mutant spies Gentle and Manifold at the ready, awaiting orders.

All this and the final realization that T'Challa and Ororo orchestrated all the events following their marriage to get to this point. They said what they were going to do from the very beginning.

Not just the world but the universe itself.

ALL HAIL EMPEROR T'CHALLA of the INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE of WAKANDA and ORORO - STORM of MARS, REGENT of SOL

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Lately I've discovered that comics are more enjoyable if I don't try to predict what happens. Just wait for the issue to come out and judge it after that.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
It’s hilarious that Storm fans loved to pop off when the marriage first happened that T’Challa was a leech and Marvel used her to prop him up for greatness but now after a hit movie and her never being worth a damn in her own franchise for over two decades now she just has to be in his movie sequel cause “reasons” and she now stays in his comics.

I know Ridley is a continuity nerd but I’d really would love for her and all her mutant bs would be gone from his comic mythos.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
It’s hilarious that Storm fans loved to pop off when the marriage first happened that T’Challa was a leech and Marvel used her to prop him up for greatness but now after a hit movie and her never being worth a damn in her own franchise for over two decades now she just has to be in his movie sequel cause “reasons” and she now stays in his comics.

I know Ridley is a continuity nerd but I’d really would love for her and all her mutant bs would be gone from his comic mythos.

Not surprised that the only other person Madder Coco than I am was the first to note this, lol. Well said, G.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
BLACK PANTHER

STORM

It all started with a head shot...

And thus began the X Men's infatuation with the flirtation of Black Panther and Storm.

Marvel Team-Up #100 (1980)

X-Men #60 1997

Uncanny Origins Featuring Storm #9 1997

The X-Men editorial staff and writers went so far as to team up the Black Panther with Cable in issue #54 of his book in 1993.

Black Panther even had a cameo in the season 4 episode entitled "Sanctuary" of their classic 90's cartoon.

The point being that it was not the Black Panther's writers and editors that started a relationship between T'Challa and Ororo. The X office did and they just figured they could treat the Black Panther like they did Luke Cage and particularly Bishop with regards to Storm. And like so many others that keep underestimating the Black Panther they too were proven wrong.

Both Cage and Bishop were shipped as non romantic and asexual when in the company of Storm, which made absolutely no sense. Unless you were keeping Storm as a sexual fetish reserved only for the pleasures of...

It even appears that Luke Cage was hip to it.

Forge was legit. He was the only lover of Ororo that had a true and meaningful relationship with her outside of T'Challa.

The Black Panther and Storm made sense. When Reginald Hudlin wrote the tales of Wakanda's king it was organic to him that the two of them having some shared history and attraction to one another would seek each other out. Priest, predating Hudlin, saw a viable romantic connection. Coates even saw the merit of their coupling.

Hudlin however went all in. He, and I have to mention Dwayne McDuffie, both saw fit to fully integrate that "black culture" into Storm. I think that was a legit turn off for some Storm fans but mostly for those enthusiasts who fetishized Ororo. Truth be told those cultural nuances Hudlin infused into Storm did alter the voice of the character we were so used to reading.

But there is no doubt that in doing such Reginald Hudlin stabilized the situation with regards to romance and sexual interest between the Black Panther and Storm and then he went so far as to legitimize their relationship. Reginald Hudlin was visionary enough to have them marry, have children and give them purpose beyond the romance. Ororo and T'Challa were the comic book power couple.

The acculturating of Storm to "black culture and the removal of her from the field of romantic play was too much and for those who felt such so began the campaign to destroy their union. And after all their efforts to embarrass and denigrate T'Challa, they still failed to disengage the bond between the Black Panther and Storm. That's how inherently strong their connection is.

So I don't see a problem with Ororo and T'Challa as much as I see the disdain and disapproval of two Afrakan, heterosexual, fully realized individuals both of whom are creatively unique and vastly empowered coming together to form a union and family.

I lack both the interest and the tolerance to read anything that fails to deliver a fully actualized Black Panther. If Storm is there in a meaningful way all the better if not keep it respectful.

The X office gets a little dap for initiating the relationship but much appreciation and gratitude goes to Reginald Hudlin for shepherding it through to its fullest potential. All that other nonsense can miss me.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:45:52 pm by Ture »

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile

Not surprised that the only other person Madder Coco than I am was the first to note this, lol. Well said, G.

It really would be nice if Marvel sopped acting like she’s the only black woman they have in comics

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

It really would be nice if Marvel sopped acting like she’s the only black woman they have in comics

I really don't know much about this. Expound?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile

I really don't know much about this. Expound?

Just the general observation that any time Marvel in the comics whenever it’s time to feature black women it’s usually just Storm, it’s like it’s the only time the X-Office doesn’t throw a fit. Despite in the X-Men comics she’s usually referenced as being a mutant first, second, third, fourth and fifth while being a black character is sixth unless it’s time for the usual “X-Men are a stand in for racial minorities” and Storm is the token( unless it’s Marauders cause that’s why Bishop is there ). Which has caused Storm fans to get in their feelings when characters like Monica start getting shine and Storm’s dominance is perceived as being in trouble, it’s bleed over to whenever a black woman is cast in a MCU project and everyone is like “cool it’s Storm” and then when it’s not they sh*t on said actress( see current casting news for BP2 ).