Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1077811 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1065 on: October 06, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »
The cover for New Avengers #13.INH

The Inhumans get center stage in New Avengers and a new series. New Avengers #13.INH will also debut the roster of the New Illuminati. Will the Black Panther still be a primary player? It also seems that his promised fatal conclusion with Namor may be postponed. This is  an ideal time to launch an all new ongoing Black Panther series to coincide with the new Inhumans series. Think 1998's Marvel Knights. Now is a good time to revisit the Priest era.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:33:45 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 07, 2013, 03:40:39 am »
Hmmm any of the one word advertisements Marvel has been releasing could apply to Wakanda post-Infinity?  That could mean a series.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1067 on: October 08, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »
The cover for New Avengers #13.INH

The Inhumans get center stage in New Avengers and a new series. New Avengers #13.INH will also debut the roster of the New Illuminati. Will the Black Panther still be a primary player? It also seems that his promised fatal conclusion with Namor may be postponed. This is  an ideal time to launch an all new ongoing Black Panther series to coincide with the new Inhumans series. Think 1998's Marvel Knights. Now is a good time to revisit the Priest era.  ;)

Holy friggin crap.

Is Hickman writing The INH too?

I hope TChalla maintains his prominence in NA and I hope his fatal tango with Namor isn't indefinitely delayed...that would make him such a punk.

And who besides me thinks that DOOM, or THE HIGH EVOLUTIONARY, or maybe THE LEADER would be a sweet addition to THE ILLUMINATI? And who besides me thinks that THE BLACK SWAN could also be in that slot?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1068 on: October 08, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »
supreme illuminati I can co-sign with you on  DOOM, or THE HIGH EVOLUTIONARY but I don't see the LEADER fitting in. He like the WIZARD seems like a second tier intellectual. I can see BLACK SWAN joining for her on reasons.

Kip Lewis any links to the one word advertisements Marvel has been releasing?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1069 on: October 09, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »
supreme illuminati I can co-sign with you on  DOOM, or THE HIGH EVOLUTIONARY but I don't see the LEADER fitting in. He like the WIZARD seems like a second tier intellectual. I can see BLACK SWAN joining for her on reasons.

Kip Lewis any links to the one word advertisements Marvel has been releasing?

I had second thoughts about THE LEADER as well, but I think it depends on which iteration of THE LEADER shows up. But yeah, I feel you on that point.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1070 on: October 12, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »
While Hickman's New Avengers is an entertaining read, his new Black Panther still suffers The Sin and the Fear. The Sin is there yet remains consistency in the necessary signatures that define the Black Panther. The Fear is those signatures have to be centered in and around an Afrakan and his culturally independent nation.

For characters to be and remain impactful they require defining traits (origin, abilities, powers, weapons, ideologies, sigils, tools, responsibilities, supporting characters, base of operation, etc...) to establish and maintain their uniqueness and identity. These signatures are immutable but adaptive to the zeitgeist of the real world. In addition to signatures characters need epic tales that invoke their Raison d'Ítre.

Hickman is credited for introducing some new powers, abilities, tech and responsibilities to the Black Panther, yet their presence has not been seen or expanded on since Fantastic Four #s 607 & 608 and the first issue of New Avengers.

This is most evident in New Avenges #9 in which the battle between the Black Panther and the Black Dwarf occurs off panel. Comic books are about show and tell and that is predicated on consistency. This is how signatures remain permanent.

The Sin  first reared it's ugly head soon after the Black Panther's introduction in FF # 52.  Writers such as Roy Thomas, Larry Lieber, Gerry Conway, Don McGregor and even Jack Kirby himself ignored the defining traits inherent in the first appearance of the Black Panther.

This syndrome became  virulent again post Priest as it was Priest who properly inoculated  Tchalla during his run. Priest afforded the Black Panther a proper voice, mannerism, personal weaponry and equipment (based on a singularity inherent only to the character, that being vibranium), supporting characters and positioned Wakanda as a world power. In other words Priest endowed the Panther with all the signatures necessary.

Black Panther's next writer Hudlin ignored or only slightly touched on the signatures of Priest; instead choosing to focus on Afrakan (African American, so called black) political, historical and cultural indexes.

Hudlin also gave the Panther his most epic event, the marriage to Storm of the X Men. The first Sin committed by Hudlin was his having the Black Panther walk into an obvious trap and confront Dr.Doom without any offensive or defensive capabilities. The glaring contradiction is that Hudlin created some new signatures (i.e. the light armor first used against none other than Dr.Doom himself). Hudlin's second Sin was taking the mantle, the very title of  Black Panther and  the kingship of Wakanda away from Tchalla. The removal of these  most vital of signatures were to have long felt consequences.

While I have had very little to say that was positive about Maberry's tenure as writer of the Black Panther as he too ignored the signatures of Priest; Maberry is to be given points for creating  some interestingly potential signatures. Perhaps more contrivance for a single story than intended signatures the Nowhere Room, Shadow Physics, a new martial art that never uses the same move twice, the Caves of Basts, the  Midnight Angels and Shuri's armor had potential. The ignored possibilities of these signatures is truly tragic. The armor as a mainstay for  example would have helped distinguish Shuri physically and psychologically from Tchalla.

The Fear is first intoned in the very name Black Panther. For some it still conjures images of Afrakans (so called black) men and women who were intelligent, politically astute, organized and armed; engaged in warfare against the white world and its way of being.

The Fear is expressed in writing an Afrakan nation that is anything more than a primitively impoverished savage land, who's better days were under European colonial rule and enslavement. A cursory examination of Astonishing Tales: #s 6, 7  and Jungle Action #s 6 -18 clearly illustrates my point.

The Fear manifests as a belief that Afrakan people are nothing more than a minority incapable of managing their own affairs. The Fear also manifests as a deep rooted lack of appreciation for the inherent aesthetics and cultural nuances that earmark the Afrakan.

Ironically enough it was during the Priest era that the question Who Can Be The Black Panther? first came into being with his introduction of Casper Cole. The concept that the Black Panther could be someone other than Tchalla removes the most essential signature of all. The Fear was present in the fact that Casper Cole had to be bi-racial and be entrenched in an urban soap opera.

Priest is also responsible for creating the all so necessary prerequisite white characters (Nikki the white girlfriend,  Hunter the white brother and Ross the omniscient white narrator) to assuage the Fear that white readers won't be interested in a book sans any white characters. A consideration not afforded to so called blacks for decades. So called blacks have been fans of white superheroes decades before tokenism, civil rights or minority representation came into effect. One didn't need so called black characters for so called black people to identify with white characters.

The next Fear was addressed under the pen of of writer David Liss, who arguably did more with less than many other Black Panther writers. This Fear revolved around the concept that the Black Panther was somehow too powerful. So to allay this particular Fear Tchalla was written as no longer being connected to the Panther spirit, stripped of his title as king, could no longer use the name Black Panther, no longer had access to the vast resources of his country, Wakanda and finally...had very limited contact with his wife.

I've no patience for cowardice masquerading as doing something new or different with the character. I am tired of seeing signatures ignored or forfeited. I do not wish to witness Hickman's Black Panther going into battle the same as McGregor's, Kirby's or Thomas' did.  The concepts and ideas postulated by Hickman are pertinent enough to carry solo title, not to mention the art work by Epting and Deodato. Ever the optimist I remain grounded in the realization of the remoteness of a solo headed by such a creative team.

The Black Panther is over forty years old. The The Sin and the Fear curtails his ability to cross over  into merchandising, video games and movies. His contemporaries Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man and X-Men all have their signatures. The fact that Black Panther is sometimes seen as a Batman knock-off  speaks volumes. If the primary writers and editors of the Black Panther do not agree on the signatures what chance does the character have of true growth and expansion?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:41:28 pm by Ture »

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #1071 on: October 12, 2013, 05:50:11 pm »
WOW Ture... Like Dayum!

I am speechless after all of that!

Except... He does need a rogues gallery with a tad bit more consistency!

Most other characters have a regular villains to fall back on where as Black Panther still sort of hops around from one extreme to another facing other characters established foes!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1072 on: October 14, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »
Much appreciation Flex.I totally concur with the fact that the Black Panther's rogues gallery needs more consistency and updating.

N'Jadaka the Killmonger mayor of one of the most advance cities (named after him) in the Wakandas second only to Central Wakanda. This is the only Wakandan city that mirrors Western cities like New York or Paris. A genius level intellect and strategist, independently wealthy and the first to be exposed to those "hellish rays" emanating from Resurrection Altar; imbuing him with incredible strength, hard skin and increased healing. Think Luke Cage.   

M'Baku aka Silverback, high priest of the White Simian cult and leader of the Jabari community located in the Crystal Forrest region of Wakanda. The men and women of the Jabari grow larger than any other Wakandans (think Doc Samson and She Hulk). They choose not to use Wakanda's advanced technology and have developed and mastered alternative methods (think of them as the Amish of Wakanda). Through mystical means and by ingesting the flesh of the sacred white gorilla M'Baku has gained superhuman strength.

Klaw the master of sound, looks like ordinary human, no claw hand or costume (think RH version).  Emits vocal energy like Black Bolt or Black Canary and can vibrate like the Flash. He fly at the speed of sound, move very fast in combat and can hear anything. He can manipulate sound waves to create various effects.

President Zanda - elected president of the advanced Afrakan nation of Narobia. A gifted scientist and a genius financier, she is the founder of Zanda World Net a corporate entity that is redefining agribusiness in Afraka. She views Wakandan Design Group as her primary competition and will stop at nothing to destroy it.

Solomon Prey the Gargoyle a scientist who worked with Tchalla on creating Nu Ta ShuWakanda's first modern floating city. inspired by the research he conducted on the ancient floating citie of Wakanda and its winged citizenry, Solomon had himself surgically altered to become the modern day image of those ancient people. Solomon posses wings, steel hard talons and super human strength. When he attempted to force others to undergo similar transformation he and the Black Panther became enemies.

The Supremacist a group of Azanian male and female elite super soldiers that embody the ideology of apartheid governance for the whole of Afraka (think Black Panther versus Call of Duty). 

The Mutates Since there are no mutants in Wakanda (in my fiction Wakanda is the only place on Earth were mutants did not emerge. This is due in large part to their environmental laws and lack of exposure to varying types of radiation) Killmonger decided to make his own. Resurrection Alter boarders on disputed land between Central Wakanda and N'Jadaka city. Killmonger and his scientist engaged in human experimentation and found the "rays"have an individualizing effect similar to the Terrigen Mist. He found that most of those he exposed died, but he was able to salvage...

- Sombre - who can transform into a gaseous state that ranges from a unconscious   rendering vapor to a highly corrosive acidic mist.

- King Cadaver - who became endowed with telekinesis and telepathy

- Baron Macabre who became capable of reanimating the dead as zombies. He can also generate a bio-electric field and projectiles.

- Salamander K'Ruel - who gained mental control over all  reptiles. Her skin also bristles with thorn like needles. (I changed the gender of this rogue)

- Malice - gained superhuman mental faculties, superhuman strength, superhuman speed, and superhuman agility to further enhance her already well trained mind and body.

I could go on but I feel I contributed enough ideas to demonstrate how easy it would be to utilize and update the Black Panther's rogues gallery. To me it all points back to the Sin and the Fear

I would be remiss if I did not mention the following... Achebe the Joker, Madame Slay the Cat woman and Nakia as Talia. I couldn't resist.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1073 on: October 16, 2013, 10:15:29 am »
New Avengers #11 was good, very good in fact. As usual it was multifaceted but delivered on the primary purpose behind my reading the book, the Black Panther. This issue was a page turner for me. Hickman and Deodato are producing a well written and illustrated comic, no doubt. Hickman has been successful in giving characters like the Black Panther and Black Bolt along with their supporting cast an impacting  and long ranging presence in the pages of New Avengers and Infinity.

SPOILERS...

Thanos's armies attack Wakanda's the Golden City. I love the reference Golden City to what I assume is Central Wakanda. Shuri and the Hatut Zaraze go full on against Proxima Midnight and her battalion at the wall protecting the city. They loose. PET PEEVE: Shuri only having a spear is ridiculous as Proxima Midnight points out. I will stand firm on the fact that Shuri should be the "armored" Panther. Technically speaking she and Tchalla both should wear armor during major fights and especially during war. Despite this Shuri is well represented.

I really appreciate the Hatut Zaraze's new look. I like how the Hatut Zaraze are getting a voice and are distinguished from other Wakandan soldiers. PET PEEVE: I didn't find it necessary for them to have to motivate a fallen Wakandan trooper. Wakanda is a warrior society no less.  PET PEEVE: On the same note they don't have to be seen yelling "protect the queen!" With the exception of  Tchalla, Shuri should be the most capable warrior in Wakanda. PET PEEVE: Finally I don't think a captured Hatut Zaraze would divulge information to the enemy so easily (unless he was setting them up for trap). These scenes could have bee written differently.

PET PEEVE: No defenses for the Necrpolis? Thanos and his people just casually stroll in. Walk into the unprotected facility that houses all the antimatter bombs constructed by Tchalla and Reed. PET PEEVE: To add insult to injury while war wages in the Golden City and the Necropolis is invaded, Tchalla the Black Panther seems totally unaware of these occurrences. There should have been some communication between Tchalla and Shuri to say the least. Again maybe it's all part of some master strategy that will unfold in upcoming issues.

The space adventure with the Aleph was well done. Hickman has a good grasp of the pertinent aspects of sci-fi needed to infuse into a superhero comic. Coupled with Deodato's art I find myself wanting for more. More Wakanda city scapes, more Wakandan battleships, more Wakandan tech and more Black Panther story.

Correcting the Sin and the Fear, a few technical missteps and some pet peeves; I can see Hickman writing a solo Black Panther with ease. New Avengers #11 was essentially a Black Panther comic as was the premiere issue. I believe Hickman has a successful format for writing a BP ongoing. The Black Panther displaying his genius and martial expertise, lots of sci-fi, a touch of mysticism, Wakanda front and center, BP supporting cast playing a pivotal role in events unfolding and plenty of guest stars. Hickman demonstrates Tchalla's prowess during a cosmic level event thus eliminating the false premise that the Black Panther is only a "street level" superhero.

I am looking forward to: Tchalla the Black Panther confronting Thanos with something off the chain and actually killing Namor;  Wakanda's war machine in full effect (including warships , tanks, planes, etc...) successfully rallying and defeating of Thanos' invading armies and last but not least Shuri fighting and killing Proxima Midnight.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:17:32 am by Ture »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 16, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
By now Wakanda should have high-tech spears.  Proxima wasn't mocking  the spear,  because her weapon was a spear.   No she mocked that it was only metal.

I don't think we will see the end of this war.   Thanos has what he wants,  Wakanda doesn't mean anything to him.   He has no reason to continue.   Plus he is starting to like T'challa.

I am much more interest in Thanos' reaction to the Black Swan.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:02 am »
Black Swan has Thanos shook.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Namor's craven actions are uncovered.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »
New Avengers #11 was good, very good in fact. As usual it was multifaceted but delivered on the primary purpose behind my reading the book, the Black Panther. This issue was a page turner for me. Hickman and Deodato are producing a well written and illustrated comic, no doubt. Hickman has been successful in giving characters like the Black Panther and Black Bolt along with their supporting cast an impacting  and long ranging presence in the pages of New Avengers and Infinity.

SPOILERS...

Thanos's armies attack Wakanda's the Golden City. I love the reference Golden City to what I assume is Central Wakanda. Shuri and the Hatut Zaraze go full on against Proxima Midnight and her battalion at the wall protecting the city. They loose. PET PEEVE: Shuri only having a spear is ridiculous as Proxima Midnight points out. I will stand firm on the fact that Shuri should be the "armored" Panther. Technically speaking she and Tchalla both should wear armor during major fights and especially during war. Despite this Shuri is well represented.

I really appreciate the Hatut Zaraze's new look. I like how the Hatut Zaraze are getting a voice and are distinguished from other Wakandan soldiers. PET PEEVE: I didn't find it necessary for them to have to motivate a fallen Wakandan trooper. Wakanda is a warrior society no less.  PET PEEVE: On the same note they don't have to be seen yelling "protect the queen!" With the exception of  Tchalla, Shuri should be the most capable warrior in Wakanda. PET PEEVE: Finally I don't think a captured Hatut Zaraze would divulge information to the enemy so easily (unless he was setting them up for trap). These scenes could have bee written differently.

PET PEEVE: No defenses for the Necrpolis? Thanos and his people just casually stroll in. Walk into the unprotected facility that houses all the antimatter bombs constructed by Tchalla and Reed. PET PEEVE: To add insult to injury while war wages in the Golden City and the Necropolis is invaded, Tchalla the Black Panther seems totally unaware of these occurrences. There should have been some communication between Tchalla and Shuri to say the least. Again maybe it's all part of some master strategy that will unfold in upcoming issues.

The space adventure with the Aleph was well done. Hickman has a good grasp of the pertinent aspects of sci-fi needed to infuse into a superhero comic. Coupled with Deodato's art I find myself wanting for more. More Wakanda city scapes, more Wakandan battleships, more Wakandan tech and more Black Panther story.

Correcting the Sin and the Fear, a few technical missteps and some pet peeves; I can see Hickman writing a solo Black Panther with ease. New Avengers #11 was essentially a Black Panther comic as was the premiere issue. I believe Hickman has a successful format for writing a BP ongoing. The Black Panther displaying his genius and martial expertise, lots of sci-fi, a touch of mysticism, Wakanda front and center, BP supporting cast playing a pivotal role in events unfolding and plenty of guest stars. Hickman demonstrates Tchalla's prowess during a cosmic level event thus eliminating the false premise that the Black Panther is only a "street level" superhero.

I am looking forward to: Tchalla the Black Panther confronting Thanos with something off the chain and actually killing Namor;  Wakanda's war machine in full effect (including warships , tanks, planes, etc...) successfully rallying and defeating of Thanos' invading armies and last but not least Shuri fighting and killing Proxima Midnight.

Couldn't have said better myself.. The only thing ill add is I want to see super powered/empowered members of the othe cult do battle aswell & not just the panther cult..  Just sceen of Killmonger & his son (who ill call Pride) leading the Lion Cult  in to battle, QdJ & or Sliverback leading the WG/WS cult, Some one from the Croc Tribe maybe Nakia, the Hyena cult, lastly make up/add some tribes, Black Mamba, Hippo, Bear & etc..
Pull List

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2013, 08:34:00 pm »
By now Wakanda should have high-tech spears.  Proxima wasn't mocking  the spear,  because her weapon was a spear.   No she mocked that it was only metal.

At this point, Wakandan spears should be like the Chitauri's weapons in The Avengers.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1078 on: October 18, 2013, 02:14:29 am »
Au contraire mon ami Kip Lewis. Proxima Midnight was very much indeed mocking Shuri's weapon of choice. Did Thanos acquire the gem outside the pages of New Avengers? Because as far as NA goes he wasn't even seen leaving the Necropolis of Wakanda. I think he is starting to respect the Illuminati not necessarily Tchalla yet. While it was a boss scene between Thanos and Black Swan, I am way more interested in his reaction to the Black Panther.

I don't know if Black Swan had Thanos shook or not but he was definitely uninterested in freeing her. This begs the question that if Black Swan possesses enough power to either concern or threaten Thanos, then she must be a willing prisoner capable of freeing herself at will.

Point well taken 4sake. As wakanda is a nation it would be cool to see a unified front featuring the cultural diversity present in Wakanda.

This why the signatures of the Black Panther are so important JRCarter. Imagine exploring the militaristic limits of shadow physics. Having Wakandan battle ships traveling in or through shadow space. The potential of the Black Panther boggles the mind.

On another note, a cool shot that reminded me of the Dora Milaje who lost her arm.

If Tchalla was in Call of Duty...

The art and creativity invested in the Black Panther by his fans is so intense. The first picture is "The Teenage Terminator", by Jin Feng Li. Yes I am still going to do another volume of collected Black Panther art. Visit the link below to view the first volume.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:18:50 am by Ture »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 18, 2013, 02:33:35 am »
By why would she mock a spear when she uses one herself.   She even used that same spear in Mighty Avengers and nearly killed Spectrum with it.

As far as leaving,  two reasons.   One his minion told him the stone was not there in Wakanda.  That was the only reason he was there. Two.  His primary reason for being there is his son.   That is where the main fight is going to be.  Wakanda is a diversion.