Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1100613 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1095 on: October 25, 2013, 04:44:18 am »
My problem with a question like that is it assumes both Wakandan people are monolithic.   It is like asking do Americans like the French?   The answer would never be that cut and dry.  Their culture is not monolithic.  They even have different religions and people's groups.

Add into that that Wakanda has not been consistantly portrayed.   While there are some common threads between Kirby,  Priest's, Reggie's, Hickman's, etc., Wakanda, they are also different too. I don't see Reggie's version tolerating Ross.

I just don't think writers should make a blanket statement, if they want to create a realistic nation. Nations are composed of people and people are rarely monolithic.

My answer is some respect,  some don't,  some love,  some despise,  and some don't care about them.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:47:06 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1096 on: October 26, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »
New Avengers #11 was good, very good in fact. As usual it was multifaceted but delivered on the primary purpose behind my reading the book, the Black Panther. This issue was a page turner for me. Hickman and Deodato are producing a well written and illustrated comic, no doubt. Hickman has been successful in giving characters like the Black Panther and Black Bolt along with their supporting cast an impacting  and long ranging presence in the pages of New Avengers and Infinity.

SPOILERS...

Thanos's armies attack Wakanda's the Golden City. I love the reference Golden City to what I assume is Central Wakanda. Shuri and the Hatut Zaraze go full on against Proxima Midnight and her battalion at the wall protecting the city. They loose. PET PEEVE: Shuri only having a spear is ridiculous as Proxima Midnight points out. I will stand firm on the fact that Shuri should be the "armored" Panther. Technically speaking she and Tchalla both should wear armor during major fights and especially during war. Despite this Shuri is well represented.

I really appreciate the Hatut Zaraze's new look. I like how the Hatut Zaraze are getting a voice and are distinguished from other Wakandan soldiers. PET PEEVE: I didn't find it necessary for them to have to motivate a fallen Wakandan trooper. Wakanda is a warrior society no less.  PET PEEVE: On the same note they don't have to be seen yelling "protect the queen!" With the exception of  Tchalla, Shuri should be the most capable warrior in Wakanda. PET PEEVE: Finally I don't think a captured Hatut Zaraze would divulge information to the enemy so easily (unless he was setting them up for trap). These scenes could have bee written differently.

PET PEEVE: No defenses for the Necrpolis? Thanos and his people just casually stroll in. Walk into the unprotected facility that houses all the antimatter bombs constructed by Tchalla and Reed. PET PEEVE: To add insult to injury while war wages in the Golden City and the Necropolis is invaded, Tchalla the Black Panther seems totally unaware of these occurrences. There should have been some communication between Tchalla and Shuri to say the least. Again maybe it's all part of some master strategy that will unfold in upcoming issues.

The space adventure with the Aleph was well done. Hickman has a good grasp of the pertinent aspects of sci-fi needed to infuse into a superhero comic. Coupled with Deodato's art I find myself wanting for more. More Wakanda city scapes, more Wakandan battleships, more Wakandan tech and more Black Panther story.

Correcting the Sin and the Fear, a few technical missteps and some pet peeves; I can see Hickman writing a solo Black Panther with ease. New Avengers #11 was essentially a Black Panther comic as was the premiere issue. I believe Hickman has a successful format for writing a BP ongoing. The Black Panther displaying his genius and martial expertise, lots of sci-fi, a touch of mysticism, Wakanda front and center, BP supporting cast playing a pivotal role in events unfolding and plenty of guest stars. Hickman demonstrates Tchalla's prowess during a cosmic level event thus eliminating the false premise that the Black Panther is only a "street level" superhero.

I am looking forward to: Tchalla the Black Panther confronting Thanos with something off the chain and actually killing Namor;  Wakanda's war machine in full effect (including warships , tanks, planes, etc...) successfully rallying and defeating of Thanos' invading armies and last but not least Shuri fighting and killing Proxima Midnight.

Couldn't have said better myself.. The only thing ill add is I want to see super powered/empowered members of the othe cult do battle aswell & not just the panther cult..  Just sceen of Killmonger & his son (who ill call Pride) leading the Lion Cult  in to battle, QdJ & or Sliverback leading the WG/WS cult, Some one from the Croc Tribe maybe Nakia, the Hyena cult, lastly make up/add some tribes, Black Mamba, Hippo, Bear & etc..

Hey, does anybody know how to say in Wakandan: "I cosign 90% of this and that original art is sooooo doooope! And I can't believe that a super space and tech guy like Hickman didn't jump all over the idea of Armored Tech Shuri [ she's Armored Tech  with a Dose of Magic Shuri in my fanfic, whereas TChalla is Magic Armor with a Dose of Tech Panther ], as that scenario would both make Shuri a much more formidable warrior and Proxima's victory would make her appear the more menacing and threatening!"

Okay, I finally bought and read this book. And I agree with most of what my brothers and sisters have said already in their own reviews. My primary differences are:

1. Proxima causing Shuri to retreat--SHURI who NEVER retreats mind you--and Shuri NOT using the Dora Milaje and the Midnight Angels nor her P.R.I.D.E., Shuri using merely what appears to be a spear vs Proxima in battle, TChalla seemingly blissfully unaware of the goings on in Wakanda, the pointed and pronounced absence of THE TPG when a Thanos casually, callously strolls into her City, the anti-matter bombs just hanging out there for anyone like Thanos to snag at their leisure, etc. is  either a case of Hickman slipping somewhat due to his prolific writing duties or an obvious set-up and trap that TChalla and Shuri worked out that could/should/would operate on the gargantuan arrogance of Thanos and his generals, borne from their overwhelming power, experience, and dominance in all other areas.

Remember, Black Bolt cut loose on Thanos with his voice in New Avengers#10, and Thanos doesn't seem to have suffered a scratch. And we don't know what happened to Black Bolt nor his current whereabouts. Thanos could very well feel that he has absolutely nothing to be concerned about regarding Earth or her populace if he so easily overwhelmed one of her most formidable defenders in Black Bolt. And TChalla could be operating on that arrogance.

Wakanda WAS NOT defeated. They RETREATED and regrouped as they lost only THE WALL to the The Golden City, neither The Golden City itself nor the whole of Wakanda was lost to Thanos.

And Thanos' people so easily wringing information from a Hatut Zeraze...the same Hatut Zeraze who would rather die than let harm befall Shuri? Yeah...add those factors together: Shuri uses a metal pointy stick vs Proxima. No Tech Armor, no Shadow Physics, no Wakandan Panther Paw Photon Torpedos and no Quantum Pimp Slap Whomp-A-Hater Weapons. No Midnight Angels, no Dora Milaje. No Hunter. No TChalla. No Infinity Gem. They leave behind a really talkative Hatut Zeraze. Wakandans. Who NEVER leave anybody behind... left a crack soldier behind, who very helpfully steers Thanos to The Necropolis. Antimatter Weapons, Black Swan, absent TPG, Teraxe, and all. Yeah...I hope really hope that this is a setup for some slick Wakandan trap, because it has all the hallmarks of a trap, or proof of a inexcusable screwup by Hickman.

Another thing I must point out, that my brothers have already pointed out on this forum: I dislike Hickman NOT showing the FULL BATTLES in his New Avengers books. He very clearly prizes plot dialogue and characterization above bombastic displays of badazz action, but we need those bombastic displays to truly redeem and revitalize lesser used characters like both Panthers, Beast, Strange, and Namor.

The art remains magnificent. Battles of massive scope would give the artists the challenges they need to bring out even more visual yummy goodness. That's another reason that Hickman needs to let his artists run amok in all of his books.

I also appreciate how Hickman handled the aftermath of Strange's possession by the still-missing Ebony Maw...and I think that TChalla's absence from Wakanda was very very well explained by the events surrounding yet another Incursion and the unique beings that The New Avengers discuss a particularly dreadful but very likely a uniquely workable solution to the end of all Incursions...forever.

So yeah. Those are my thoughts, my sisters and brothers. I await your responses...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 26, 2013, 12:56:17 pm »
Why. TPG didn't show up?   2 reasons I could think of.   The Wakandans would be insulted by being rescued.   Two.   She knows Thanos.  Odin couldn't beat Thanos.  And this version might be more powerful.   War between those two might mean vaporizing Wakanda.  Especially if he activated those bombs.

Where was the DJ, P.R.I.D.E., her high tech, etc.?  Your comment about Hickman' s annoying habit of only showing a scene or two rather than the whole battle could be the reason.   She could be holding them back for the second wave or they were already expended and all she had left was a mere spear.   Also explains why she missed.  She was exhausted.  You don't think she was aiming for the shoulder.   If that went though PM's neck,  it would have decapitated her.

They might have been beaten,  but they were not conquered.  The lost a fight. 

Hard to fight a powerful army of suicide bombers.  They actually like being killed.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 26, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »
Tchalla, Shuri and Wakanda all need to display advanced weaponry and equipment that matches their prominence on the world stage.  Visualize M"Baku entering  the fray with a battalion of these. Makes one want to re-think M'Baku's eschewing technology.

"Gorilla Bots", by Quentin Marmier
One should also note that the spear did more damage to her than any thing else.   If Shuri hit her head,  PM probably would have died.   If the spear worked like PM's, she would have been taken out by poison.

Gorilla-Bots is soo darn sweep bruh.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 26, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »
Why. TPG didn't show up?   2 reasons I could think of.   The Wakandans would be insulted by being rescued.   Two.   She knows Thanos.  Odin couldn't beat Thanos.  And this version might be more powerful.   War between those two might mean vaporizing Wakanda.  Especially if he activated those bombs.

Where was the DJ, P.R.I.D.E., her high tech, etc.?  Your comment about Hickman' s annoying habit of only showing a scene or two rather than the whole battle could be the reason.   She could be holding them back for the second wave or they were already expended and all she had left was a mere spear.   Also explains why she missed.  She was exhausted.  You don't think she was aiming for the shoulder.   If that went though PM's neck,  it would have decapitated her.

They might have been beaten,  but they were not conquered.  The lost a fight. 

Hard to fight a powerful army of suicide bombers.  They actually like being killed.

EXCELLENT ANSWERS BRUH...but I think it may be more than a tad hopeful, too.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 26, 2013, 07:34:18 pm »
My problem with a question like that is it assumes both Wakandan people are monolithic.   It is like asking do Americans like the French?   The answer would never be that cut and dry.  Their culture is not monolithic.  They even have different religions and people's groups.

Add into that that Wakanda has not been consistantly portrayed.   While there are some common threads between Kirby,  Priest's, Reggie's, Hickman's, etc., Wakanda, they are also different too. I don't see Reggie's version tolerating Ross.

I just don't think writers should make a blanket statement, if they want to create a realistic nation. Nations are composed of people and people are rarely monolithic.

My answer is some respect,  some don't,  some love,  some despise,  and some don't care about them.

Very good answer here. I cosign most of this without reserve.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 26, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »
Au contraire mon ami Kip Lewis. Proxima Midnight was very much indeed mocking Shuri's weapon of choice. Did Thanos acquire the gem outside the pages of New Avengers? Because as far as NA goes he wasn't even seen leaving the Necropolis of Wakanda. I think he is starting to respect the Illuminati not necessarily Tchalla yet. While it was a boss scene between Thanos and Black Swan, I am way more interested in his reaction to the Black Panther.

I don't know if Black Swan had Thanos shook or not but he was definitely uninterested in freeing her. This begs the question that if Black Swan possesses enough power to either concern or threaten Thanos, then she must be a willing prisoner capable of freeing herself at will.

Point well taken 4sake. As wakanda is a nation it would be cool to see a unified front featuring the cultural diversity present in Wakanda.

This why the signatures of the Black Panther are so important JRCarter. Imagine exploring the militaristic limits of shadow physics. Having Wakandan battle ships traveling in or through shadow space. The potential of the Black Panther boggles the mind.

On another note, a cool shot that reminded me of the Dora Milaje who lost her arm.

If Tchalla was in Call of Duty...

The art and creativity invested in the Black Panther by his fans is so intense. The first picture is "The Teenage Terminator", by Jin Feng Li. Yes I am still going to do another volume of collected Black Panther art. Visit the link below to view the first volume.

That art is insanely good...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 26, 2013, 08:29:43 pm »
The spear is man's most ancient & deadliest weapon.  Without the spear, he couldn't fight, defend or eat.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »
Appreciate that Kimoyo.  I got the page from CBR's The Infinite War Report with Brevoort.

The "What do Wakandans think of US African Americans? " discussions continues over at CBR. Here in part is an update.

Whirlwind Dinamo had this to say

Well you need to put things in context, what I mean is politically, socially and cultural. I have friends who consider the term "African American" to be almost offensive, they seem themselves as American or Black Americans, they find the African thing a little disparaging, they are Americans not African first. You see everyone came from Africa, EVERYONE, Carthaginians, Egyptians, Moses which lead to the Christians, the Arabs, even the whiteman before they moved to regions in present day France, Armenian, Georgia, Britain, they were all African at one point in time...everyone has ancestry in Africa, EVERYONE. Through science today you can check people's family history DNA, most 'African-Americans' were thought to come only from a West African region where slaves were taken from what is now Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone but DNA tests are proving in ancestral bloods were mixed, "African-Americans" also have DNA markers showing roots as Europe, East Asia, West Africa, Native American (Indeigenours America)....so even as Slaves people were mixing with American Indian or Whites or people who had Chinese blood, this mixed root is almost in every black American's DNA, its almost impossible to find someone who is pure African unless they have just recently come to America from Congo or Nigeria or some place. I have a friend in NYC, he's not from Africa, he's from the United States of America but I'm sure there are people who for some reason want to label him, he has mixed Latino and African heritage, what should he be calling himself "Caribbean-American" maybe? Why not just American? what should Americans call French blacks who study in America? Why not just French?

In addition Whirlwind Dinamo added this.

let us not forget how Wakanda is historically wrote during the slaving years, they could have done something to prevent a horrible event in human history, instead they chose to live in an Island bubble away from international events, Wakanda could gloat smugly about how enlightened they all are, while people were dying and being slaved, Wakanda put on their oxygen masks, more or less lived in their cyrstal city on the Moon or Mars and protected their own. Vibranium and this idea of 'elite' and 'enlightened' has corrupted the Wakanda mind over time, maybe not as corrupt as Anthony Johnson but the corruption is there. Wakanda was playing a role here not directly but by closing their gates and blocking their ears.

Brandon McKinnis had this to say in reference to my post (reply #1091).

I think this is conflating two issues. They probably would appreciate the collective contributions of black Americans to the world, but I think they would take a seperate view of singular black Americans. I'm basing that opinion on the distrust shown for Monica Lynne, Kasper Cole, and Storm. I don't see them as having any great animosity towards black Americans in general, but the individual person is still going to be viewed as not Wakandan and therefore suspect.

My responses were as follows.

Whirlwind Dinamo, I have friends who also consider the term African American near insulting. They prefer the term Afrakan in America or just plain Afrakan. They view themselves as Afrakan first who have American citizenship by virtue of being born here.

While it is true that Afrakanity is responsible for the peopling of the Earth, those Afrakans that migrated out had to adapt to different environs and situations thus necessitating spiritual, genetic and cultural adaptations. These adaptations over thousands of years were effective enough to distinguish those who left from those who stayed.

The propaganda used to divide and supress Afrakans was not exclusive to only so called blacks. Germans and Jews, the Roma, so called Native Americans, Poles, Cambodians, many other Asians groups, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and other Hispanic and Latino groups have all been subject to some form of Willie Lynch.

I quote you.
most 'African-Americans' were thought to come only from a West African region where slaves were taken from what is now Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone

This very statement is problematic and edemic of the fact as it illustrates a fundamental propaganda technique. Slaves were not taken from Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, the Akan, the Ashanti, the Igbo, the Fulani, the Yoruba,the Temne, the Mende... Afrakans were taken form these places.

Why is race mixing so often seen as one sided. So some Afrakans have some mixed DNA. The same holds true for some American Indians, Whites, Chinese etc... They have Afrakan blood in them. I quote you again
its almost impossible to find someone who is pure African
In that case shouldn't it be equally as impossible to find Europeans of pure blood?

Why not be who we are? American Afrakan, Canadian Afrakan, British Afrakan, Jamaican Afrakan, Nigerian Afrakan, Angolan Afrakan or just plain Afrakan.

http://youtu.be/Hxm1cU5Ewbw

Wakandans did in fact help their fellow Afrakans to resist. Wakandans were shown fighting the slave trade. Wakandans attacked slave ships. They freed captive Afrakans and even took some of them back to  Wakanda. Instead of indicting Wakanda put the responsibilty were it belongs.The Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, and the Americans.

Brandon McKinnis I think the conflating of the issue goes without saying as it applies almost universally. During the European Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, Wakandans freed captive Afrakans and even took some of them back to  Wakanda.

Everett K. Ross (who actually became regent), Achebe (who became de facto leader). No outrage or uproar from the Wakandan populance on these two foreigners and there should have been. Captain America, Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos were treated well and they were invading the country. The Fantastic Four and their Future Foundation were very well received. The large contingent of non-Wakandan wedding guests didn't run into a problem. I don't even want to mention some Wakandans attitude towards Dr. Doom. In truth Brandon McKinnis, it all comes down to the perspective of the writer.

The end for now of my CBR update, however a question still lingers. Post his introduction, which series writer best captured the quintessential  Black Panther? McGregor, Kirby, Priest, Hudlin, Mayberry, Liss, Hickman, other? I don't mean aspects, but the consummate, the terminal Black Panther. Maximizing  the Panther to his logical conclusion.

Absolutely beautiful responses, my brother.

As for the writer capturing the best of TChalla? Let's not forget McDuffie, and I will say without hesitation that thus far the best Panther is a mix of Priest Hudlin and D-Mac, no doubt. As for who did the best single Panther? Even that is up to debate, because some may draw upon aspects of Panther in a single arc...like Aaron's deadly dazzlingly brilliant Panther in SEE WAKANDA AND DIE, or McDuffie's uberbrilliant Panther in his F4 arc.

Hickman's Panther is still under development, so we can't cast accurate judgement yet. Liss never got the chance that he deserved...as he was tearing it up, given the ridiculous constrictions he had to work with. Mayberry actually wrote a much overlooked SHURI, whose moves were dead on dope and truly steeped in actually legit martial arts skills. Mayberry's Panther is the first writing of Super Panther and has made a mild comeback under Hickman...but again? Never got a chance to get off the ground. There was Marvel Editorial hanging all over DOOMWAR and then Panther was cancelled.

Kirby and Macgregor's Panther were punks. And wholly unrelatable to Black people. And they were STRAIGHT. SUCKAS. Horrible from a heroic feats perspective, unless you give them the dreadful recognition of having their hero beaten up and humiliated more than any other writer ever.

So. It comes down to Priest vs Hudlin in this comparison. But I don't quite see a Priest vs Hudlin thing, because Hudlin built upon the house that Priest created and crafted. Bottom line? Priest made Panther and Falcon truly Black and truly cool. Priest...going away, not even close...wrote the best Falcon there ever was. Period. He elevated Panther to the status of insanely cool. He is the founder, the originator, and the first writer to truly write a series featuring a TChalla I liked.

Gillis and Cowyn killed it with their 4 arc miniseries, but there was glaring lapses in there that stuck in my craw. TChalla used a rock to defeat the tech armored Supremacist Azanian? While I liked it on the one hand cuz it was so MacGyver cool with fisticuffs thrown in for good measure, it just...made it look like TChalla fatally lacked genuine tech that he personally used for his own purposes, as well.

Hudlin made Panther AND WAKANDA virtually invincible and truly A-List. I mean, he made Panther BLACK Panther and fearlessly made divine hamburger out of many a sacred cow. I mean...it was Hudlin who unapologetically had TChaka beating Cap down then carrying him off like a sack of potatoes. On Issue One, no less. That's just so...ganxta. It felt SO RIGHT, too.

Priest did what he could given the severe restraints he worked under. He clearly showed TChalla as being the coolest, shrewdest and most ruthless King and hero in the MU.

Hudlin's Panther and Hudlin's Wakanda completely mollywhopped everyone and made the whole MU bow down. He actually upgraded TChalla to genuine A-List level because he had the Editorial backing to get TChalla written into most of the main Marvel Events and numerous other books and looked upon with very deep respect from all corners. Priest Panther was still segregated from the rest of the MU. That's Marvel politics. Who knows what Priest could have done with such company wide lattitude.

Out of everything? The biggest thing that just sticks in my craw about Priest's plans is that he was going to have TChalla marry Storm...and then have the marriage fail. After many position changes and whatnot, after seeing that basically TChalla is also a tragic-heroic-uber noble-ruthless loner in Priest's hands [ something that in and of itself is sooo dooope but also sad and compelling ]...I'm just going to have to go with the architect of THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY.

Bottom line? We need that Black love boldly, unapologetically, positively shown and unbroken in comics. And People Of Color love, period. Where my Rican lovers at? Why couldn't Shang Chi finally love and marry Wu or whatever that deadly beautiful Chinese MI-6 or whatever agent's name is? You know, ole girl  [ Wu, right? ] or whatshername who married the British dude instead of Shang?

And I'm going to say it again: Hudlin wrote THEE BEST LUKE CAGE. Period. End of story.

So. For personal royalty dopeness coolness superplan superflyness humor etc? Priest.

Everything else? Hudlin.

Who built on what Priest did.

So it's more fair to say that the definitive Panther pre-Hickman is...Priest-Hudlin BP. That's still my dude today. I'm not liking Hickman's penchant for NOT showing TChalla whoop up on dudes on panel.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »
The spear is man's most ancient & deadliest weapon.  Without the spear, he couldn't fight, defend or eat.

The rock, the stick, and the staff are man's most ancient "mechanical" weapons, I would say. The spear is probably more deadly than all of them, so for ancient AND deadly? Yeah. Spear. But he could fight, defend and eat without it. He just did it alot better WITH the spear.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 30, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »
We see more of an update on Wakanda in Infinity 5 and BP must make a hard choice. ....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:09:26 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:02 pm »
Random thought,  the way things are going in this series,  the Avengers are going to rescue Wakanda, epecially now that we realize Thanos hasn't even sent 1 percent of his forces against Wakanda.  His armada surrounds the earth.

But this series seems to be establishing the Avengers as the most powerful, unconquorable force; not just in Earth but the universe.   Thanos' forces fear the Avengers.  The Avengers win where galactic empires fail.

The point of this story, this an Avengers' World. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:11:57 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1107 on: October 30, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »
I don't know about that Kip. I think its safe to say the American attitude towards socialism is not one of appreciation. Does that mean 100% of Americans think negatively about socialism? no, of course not. There is something to be said for a national opinion or a nation's collective response to an event. Remember 911.

As far as realistic nations go Kip, if Wakanda was taken to its logical conclusion it would be unlike any nation in reality as we know it today. Reread Black to the Future and imagine if Wakanda had decided early on during the captivity of their fellow Afrakans to take over the world in a different matter.

Much appreciation supreme illuminati. Those pictures were indeed hot. I can definitely concur with your sentiments on your Priest/Hudlin combo for best BP writer. I had Mcduffy in my notes but forgot to include him in the post. Glad you did.

Check out the happenings from today's issue of Infinity #5.

*Spoilers*

If only we could witness more. God is in the details Mr. Hickman. Props for Tchalla's teleporting technology.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 31, 2013, 02:53:02 am »
That's Lockjaw's teleporting powers, not BP's tech.  See the dog's horns are glowing; signaling his power.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »
I don't know about that Kip. I think its safe to say the American attitude towards socialism is not one of appreciation. Does that mean 100% of Americans think negatively about socialism? no, of course not. There is something to be said for a national opinion or a nation's collective response to an event. Remember 911.

As far as realistic nations go Kip, if Wakanda was taken to its logical conclusion it would be unlike any nation in reality as we know it today. Reread Black to the Future and imagine if Wakanda had decided early on during the captivity of their fellow Afrakans to take over the world in a different matter.

Much appreciation supreme illuminati. Those pictures were indeed hot. I can definitely concur with your sentiments on your Priest/Hudlin combo for best BP writer. I had Mcduffy in my notes but forgot to include him in the post. Glad you did.

Check out the happenings from today's issue of Infinity #5.

*Spoilers*

If only we could witness more. God is in the details Mr. Hickman. Props for Tchalla's teleporting technology.

Before I respond to this post? I must purchase Infinity#5. I absolutely love the parts of the scan that I can read.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: