Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla  (Read 1447144 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1500 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »
Thank you very much for these panels, brethren!

Who is handling the art on this? Definite turn in distinctiveness. Previously the art had that megaquality movie look. Now it has a somehow gritty but clean and compelling look. I like both of them...and I think the megaquality look is better for the massive star spanning story line. But this right here up close slangemup with The Great Society? I like this art, too.

I, too, like TGS and hope they don't die...

Guess I'm the malcontent SI but I didn't see that as much of a fight.  If that had been in the last ish and lead up to a couple of blows actually landed by BP in this ish that would have been nice, but I was really annoyed with the "You fight well...possibly better than I..." bull in between the panther-esque leaps that pass for action! How many times have we heard this recycled crap dialogue from T'Challa?  Remember the exchange with Shuri after the fight with the Black Dwarf?  The fight itself was nice but the comment, "I think he would have beaten me" was out of character and not something the best hope of Wakanda has the luxury to admit aloud.  There's another recent example that escapes me but contrast this with the excerpt from CJP's Sturm und Drang!  After such a dry spell this was not nearly enough to quench my thirst.

Peace,

Mont

You are most certainly not the only malcontent my friend. Here is some of that Panther you know and love.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:13:37 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 03, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »
Thank you Ture!  I took another look at NA #20 to see if there was something I missed and there was...T'CHALLA in the background taking it on the chin from his opponent while Strange is prepping to take control.  It was so small, I missed it the first time.  It looks like Strange actually rescues him.

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:35 am »
Looked over those pages again and realized,  BP couldn't beat "Batman" even though he had a trident just thrown into his shoulder.    The trident hit hard enough to break armor and draw blood.

Maybe this "Batman" had a serious healing factor.

I thinking may be dealing with gold age versions of the JSA/JLA when Superman could blow out stars with his super breath.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:55:00 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1503 on: July 04, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »
Looked over those pages again and realized,  BP couldn't beat "Batman" even though he had a trident just thrown into his shoulder.    The trident hit hard enough to break armor and draw blood.

Maybe this "Batman" had a serious healing factor.

I thinking may be dealing with gold age versions of the JSA/JLA when Superman could blow out stars with his super breath.

I made a similar comment a few days ago.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1504 on: July 14, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »
The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

Majestic and Flex Team-Up !!!

In an attempt to counter the new wave of misinformation being disseminated over at CBR concerning a story being told in the pages of Captain Marvel; the Chaos Bringer and the Point Man find common ground to launch a devastating counter move. Mr Majestic brings to light the purposeful mining and deletion of the Black Panther mythos as a planet possibly made of vibranium has been discovered. The concern being that such a monumental discovery should have occurred in the pages of a Black Panther ongoing series. Flex Hectic’s argument about the Black Panther needing a point man in the offices of Marvel never resonated so loud and clear. The indomitable Majestic has gone straight to the source in seeking an explanation from the very writer herself. We will keep you updated as more news comes in.

Mama’s baby, Wolvie’s Maybe???

Despite the abominable handling of the marriage (by the X books) and its deplorable resolution (by the X books); both of which had the intent to separate the Black Panther and Storm; there still persists an almost antagonistic, one might even say sadistic, penchant (by the X books) to somehow keep the two of them yoked; their latest attempt Kymera;

the supposed daughter of an alternate reality Tchalla and Ororo, born somewhen in a dystopian future. Tchallas all over the multiverse however are still awaiting the results of the paternity test. One never knows with the X books. Our fashion editors however loved her hair style.

However here at the offices of the Vibranium Trumpet we like to look at things from both perspectives. Let’s try to see this from the point of view of the X people, shall we? They’re probably saying, what is the problem? All we did was put Storm back where she belongs. Now she’s up in the big league, getting her turn at bat, tellin’ her story in her own ongoing and aint nothin’ wrong with that. Much to our chagrin your negro alpha male got to tap Storm repeatedly. You even got your black power fantasy marriage… that lasted for years. So why are you guys so irritated? Remember Doomwar happened on your watch.

So what if Namor got in there too during their marriage! So what if Namor flooded Wakanda! So what if we chose to wipe that colored minority’s stench from our beloved fetish by rechristening her in the bedchambers of Wolverine! So the f@#k what! We were good sports about it; after all we did let you keep Storm even when the Black Panther was absent his kingship and working in Hell’s Kitchen.

Hell we even gave you the Wolverine to trounce… sans his healing factor… but still. Finally as another parting gift to display our infinite platitudes, we of the X books, who do so appreciate haranguing the Black Panther, bestowed a love child, albeit from another timeline, in remembrance of Tchalla and Ororo’s time together. So cheer up we got plenty of great ideas for the Black Panther and a guest appearance in Storm’s new ongoing is guaranteed.

The Incredible, Invincible Storm the Almighty!!!

Thief. Goddess. Headmistress. Queen. The X-Man called STORM has always defied a single title. And her desire to better the world has never been limited to only her own kind. On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard the mutant race's continued existence in her own way, Storm will travel the globe, confronting man and mutant, god and monster and everything inbetween. She will overthrow tyrants, quell tsunamis and strive to see her dream for the world realized. She is STORM, a hero like no other....and the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake.

So states the promo for the new Storm ongoing. This series seems to be removing Ororo from the X-Men enough such that she will have her own base of operations and supporting cast. This is the same thing that could have been done while she was married to Tchalla. In fact a lot of the ground work for such was laid by Hudlin. She had her Kenyan and American families to explore; she could have had the children of the late Black Goliath to nurture and train; not to mention a Dora Milaje or Hatut Zeraze to choose from.

Admittedly while under Hudlin’s pen Storm’s powers were underwhelming as he chose to focus more on the romantic, political and cultural aspects of Ororo and Tchalla’s relationship. As such he colored Storm more in a BETesque, contemporary so called black women’s light. McDuffy too did the same miss step in regards to creative uses for Ororo’s abilities. McDuffy however over compensated with Storm by having her house the consciousness of Eternity; par for the course he did a similar move with the Silver Surfer being arm barred by the Black Panther.

The hype machine behind Storm (Thief. Goddess. Headmistress. Queen.) reminds me of the strategy used in promoting Hudlin’s Black Panther series. Reed’s brain, Tony’s money, Cap’s brawn. Hype is good but understanding and demonstrating the nuances that identify the character’s uniqueness is often where the failing arises.

“And I’m sure I would kick myself and my readers would kick me if I didn’t ask a quick thing about Storm. Which is, maybe not for the entire Marvel Universe yet, but, at least among the X-Men, Storm is kind of their Superman. She’s this leader figure who doesn’t have the baggage of Cyclops or Wolverine. She’s immensely powerful and kind. What do you think are the differences of switching from this kind of metaphorical sun god to this very literal weather goddess and do you think that Storm has any of the issues that Superman has had with being kind of pinned down into these roles?”    Pak

Storm is as much Superman as the Black Panther is the Man Without Fear. All this unnecessary pre-hype as the X books attempt to remain consistent with the ill conceived notion that Ororo was too powerful to be with Tchalla nonsense. Superman and Batman hung around each other for decades. No rap about Storm’s supposed omega level powers being a source of conflict when she was involved with Wolverine, Namor or Forge; well at least the latter got to spend time with a depowered Ororo.

The editors created a distraction (she’s too powerful to be with him) to run interference as they slowly deconstructed Tchalla. We don’t know why the Daily Bugle or the ‘Planet continue to print this nonsense but the Vibranium Trumpet sounds the alarm of truth.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:28:11 pm by Ture »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:54 pm »
^^^^Brother Ture, can I get a subscription to the Vibranium Trumpet?  8)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 15, 2014, 10:49:24 am »
^^^^Brother Ture, can I get a subscription to the Vibranium Trumpet?  8)

Two subscriptions, if you please...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 15, 2014, 03:19:06 pm »
I want print and digital if you so kind....

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1508 on: July 17, 2014, 02:07:30 pm »
Subscriptions are free and available to all HEF members in good standing. Credential approval subject to verification by our own Maxine Shaw. The Vibranium Trumpet is available in both print and digital formats.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 18, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »
Soooo...Hickman is wrapping up his New Avengers in 22-23?

Who's taking over for him?

What does this mean for TChalla and where is Hickman going from there?

I know he gets co-writing cred with Avengers World even though the other guys is doing the heaviest lifting there...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 19, 2014, 02:11:28 am »
Say somebody didn't know very much about the Black Panther and were curious to learn more about him and Wakanda. Which run on his solo title would give a new reader of the character a comprehensive understanding of who he is, what he's all about, what he can do and the kind of place Wakanda is along with all the major players in that country?
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 19, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »
Say somebody didn't know very much about the Black Panther and were curious to learn more about him and Wakanda. Which run on his solo title would give a new reader of the character a comprehensive understanding of who he is, what he's all about, what he can do and the kind of place Wakanda is along with all the major players in that country?

IMO, Christopher Priest's run was groundbreaking yet definitive combining innovation and cannon.  The run included a reissue of Panther's introduction as told by Lee and Kirby in Fantastic Four.

Hudlin's run, however evolves both Panther and Wakanda beyond Stan and Jack's vision and is essential for understanding the Panther and Wakanda today.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 19, 2014, 05:28:33 pm »

IMO, Christopher Priest's run was groundbreaking yet definitive combining innovation and cannon.  The run included a reissue of Panther's introduction as told by Lee and Kirby in Fantastic Four.

Hudlin's run, however evolves both Panther and Wakanda beyond Stan and Jack's vision and is essential for understanding the Panther and Wakanda today.

Peace,

Mont

Thanks!
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 19, 2014, 07:13:55 pm »
Rut you would enjoy the late great McDuffie's FF run with BP and Storm.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 20, 2014, 09:52:51 am »

Peace,

Mont

Kimoyo is right.

I'd check out PANTHER'S RAGE by Don McGregor.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.