Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla #RecastTChalla  (Read 1447110 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #1515 on: July 20, 2014, 11:46:26 am »
Say somebody didn't know very much about the Black Panther and were curious to learn more about him and Wakanda. Which run on his solo title would give a new reader of the character a comprehensive understanding of who he is, what he's all about, what he can do and the kind of place Wakanda is along with all the major players in that country?

IMO, Christopher Priest's run was groundbreaking yet definitive combining innovation and cannon.  The run included a reissue of Panther's introduction as told by Lee and Kirby in Fantastic Four.

Hudlin's run, however evolves both Panther and Wakanda beyond Stan and Jack's vision and is essential for understanding the Panther and Wakanda today.

Peace,

Mont

Kimoyo is right.

I'd check out PANTHER'S RAGE by Don McGregor.

I agree with reading CJP's entire run. THAT'S BLACK PANTHER RIGHT THERE.

Don McGregor? Couldn't really feel him. TChalla gets beat up, talks too much, and bleeds too much while he's running from this place to that place.

You should read PETER G. WILLIS and DENYS COWAN'S 4 issue limited series 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=85941

Don McGregor is a good guy who cares for TChalla, and you definitely want to read him if you want to see why there has been DECADES of dissing TChalla. But if you want to see TChalla do amazing things and be a hero? Don is not the guy. TChalla talks too much, gets beat up too much in his own comic, and basically is a sucka.

If you want to read a GOOD TChalla?

Peter G. Willis and Denys Cowan

CHRISTOPHER PRIEST [ the definitive base for the REAL TChalla coming thru ]

Roy Thomas' TChalla in THE AVENGERS

REGINALD HUDLIN...where thee BLACK Panther and more work expounding upon Wakanda, and bringing together more than 2 Black superheros WITHOUT White heroes around happened for the first time in MU, and sooo much more. The base that launched TChalla into the A-List and comprehensive inclusiveness in all MU major events and plots comes from Reginald Hudlin.

Hickman? Not yet. TChalla doesn't have enough definitive victories under Hickman's pen to qualify him yet.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 20, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

Don McGregor? Couldn't really feel him. TChalla gets beat up, talks too much, and bleeds too much while he's running from this place to that place.

Don McGregor is a good guy who cares for TChalla, and you definitely want to read him if you want to see why there has been DECADES of dissing TChalla. But if you want to see TChalla do amazing things and be a hero? Don is not the guy. TChalla talks too much, gets beat up too much in his own comic, and basically is a sucka.

After a very brief period of reflection, I don't see much of anything about Supreme's assessment of McGregor to disagree with, especially in light of PANTHER'S QUEST (Ramonda captured, unlawfully restrained for decades, raped and the pictures of those rape sessions being sent to her husband T'Chaka by their tormentor, Anton Pretorious...whom T'Challa was denied the priviledge of killing). And then there was PANTHER'S (the rest of the title's name escapes me). A story which introduced drug abuse into Wakanda.

Aside from the map of what was then Wakanda in PANTHER'S RAGE, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Rutog disregarded my previous suggestion that he should check out the story.

Roy Thomas' TChalla in THE AVENGERS

I was once a bigger advocate of the Roy Thomas version than I am now.

T'Challa's alter ego Luke Charles as a teacher in Harlem, his budding relationship with Monica Lynne, his insistence that the Avengers stand down and allow him to fight the Sons Of The Serpent because they were killing his people....not Wakandan people....but so-called Black people in the 616 Marvel Comics' USA, not to mention other aspects which recommend it not the least of which is the spectacular artwork by my all-time favorite comic book artist: Big John Buscema.

One of the drawbacks of this version for me is Thomas' writing T'Challa and the Wakandans speaking as if they were all actors in a Shakespeare play.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 20, 2014, 01:56:22 pm »

T'Challa's alter ego Luke Charles as a teacher in Harlem, his budding relationship with Monica Lynne, his insistence that the Avengers stand down and allow him to fight the Sons Of The Serpent because they were killing his people....not Wakandan people....but so-called Black people in the 616 Marvel Comics' USA, not to mention other aspects which recommend it not the least of which is the spectacular artwork by my all-time favorite comic book artist: Big John Buscema.

One of the drawbacks of this version for me is Thomas' writing T'Challa and the Wakandans speaking as if they were all actors in a Shakespeare play.

I'm still reading Roy's run. I missed it ENTIRELY when it first ran. I had to resort to freakin Amazon.

I was instantly displeased with the whole Luke Charles thing. The stupidity of it was massive, imo. I had to drum up a good reason for it in my fanfic. I know that this was an attempt to make TChalla moe relatable to the American audience but...this was extra wakk, my brutha.

I instantly am displeased with Wakandans gettin their Shakespeare on.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 20, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »

I'm still reading Roy's run. I missed it ENTIRELY when it first ran. I had to resort to freakin Amazon.

I was instantly displeased with the whole Luke Charles thing. The stupidity of it was massive, imo. I had to drum up a good reason for it in my fanfic. I know that this was an attempt to make TChalla moe relatable to the American audience but...this was extra wakk, my brutha.

It's been quite a long while, but I think what appealed to me about the T'Challa/Luke Charles thing was that not only did it seem to be an attempt to attract the interest of the so-called black American comicbook purchasing audience but it did something the X-writers certainly didn't want to do with Storm. Roy Thomas' T'Challa assumed an "American" identity and established a residence and teaching profession in one of Black America's most hallowed residential enclaves; Harlem, NY. It showed T'Challa as not only being open to associating with so-called black people but actively creating the means to facilitate those associations. The X-writers seemed to want to stress that Ororo was mutant first and foremost, her so-called blackness was secondary and often disputed.

Where the X-writers wrote stories of Ororo being menaced by so-called black pimps in Harlem, returning to her family's Harlem home to find it a haven for drug heads, showing a well-dressed Ororo being dropped off in "lowly Harlem" by Logan driving a big, fine shiny X-Men limo and promising to himself mayhem against any "buck" living in that area if any harm should befall Ororo...where the X-writers wrote of despair for Ororo in Harlem, Thomas wrote about the Panther wanting to make a positive impact in Harlem by reaching the youth through education and example.

Roy Thomas' Luke Charles aka the Black Panther spoke of pride and hope in Harlem. This Black Panther who doubled as a Harlem school teacher named Luke Charles was the same Black Panther who was determined to take down the white racist viper's nest known as the Sons of the Serpent. Only recently has Ororo shown an interest in helping so-called black people anywhere, at anytime.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:43:42 pm by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 20, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

It's been quite a long while, but I think what appealed to me about the T'Challa/Luke Charles thing was that not only did it seem to be an attempt to attract the interest of the so-called black American comicbook purchasing audience but it did something the X-writers certainly didn't want to do with Storm. Roy Thomas' T'Challa assumed an "American" identity and established a residence and teaching profession in one of Black America's most hallowed residential enclaves; Harlem, NY. It showed T'Challa as not only being open to associating with so-called black people but actively creating the means to facilitate those associations. The X-writers seemed to want to stress that Ororo was mutant first and foremost, her so-called blackness was secondary and often disputed.

Where the X-writers wrote stories of Ororo being menaced by so-called black pimps in Harlem, returning to her family's Harlem home to find it a haven for drug heads, showing a well-dressed Ororo being dropped off in "lowly Harlem" by Logan driving a big, fine shiny X-Men limo and promising to himself mayhem against any "buck" living in that area if any harm should befall Ororo...where the X-writers wrote of despair for Ororo in Harlem, Thomas wrote about the Panther wanting to make a positive impact in Harlem by reaching the youth through education and example.

Roy Thomas' Luke Charles aka the Black Panther spoke of pride and hope in Harlem. This Black Panther who doubled as a Harlem school teacher named Luke Charles was the same Black Panther who was determined to take down the white racist viper's nest known as the Sons of the Serpent. Only recently has Ororo shown an interest in helping so-called black people anywhere, at anytime.

Yeah but...didn't Roy have TChalla getting ready to be killed by The Death Tiger, only to be saved by a student named Delroy, while TChalla worked as a teacher in Harlem? That was...anus. Please tell me that wasn't Roy.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 21, 2014, 02:23:13 am »

Yeah but...didn't Roy have TChalla getting ready to be killed by The Death Tiger, only to be saved by a student named Delroy, while TChalla worked as a teacher in Harlem? That was...anus. Please tell me that wasn't Roy.

Yes Sir, Brother Supreme. As Big John Buscema likely didn't illustrate that story as well as the fact I didn't like the Death Tiger or the story, I didn't pay much attention to it. I think the Death Tiger was yet another traitorous Wakandan in what has become a long, long line of such: Eric Killmonger, Man-Ape, White Wolf, Malice...that thing with the dragon wings in Don McGregor's second installation of his Panther's ____ fill in the blank, series. The list goes on. I for one have always been sick of Wakandans wanting to drag T'Challa down and out whenever his back is turned and sometimes, full in his face.

Thomas also wrote a story about a Wakandan citizen who had joined A.I.M. and was up to some espionage in Wakanda (after the Vibranium again). The citizen eventually had a change of heart, realized he was loyal to his King, fought against A.I.M. and died in the line of service. I think that's how the story went. Thomas wrote a story about Wakandans protesting outside of Avengers Mansion, the Lion God appearing, T'Challa being rendered helpless and bowing in humility before this deity, a deity who wanted to kill him, of course. The Avengers had to rescue him.

Add to that story one written by Thomas shortly after the Avengers and Dr Strange defeated the Asgardian Fire and Ice gods decided to visit Wakanda before returning to Avengers Mansion. Upon landing in Wakanda, they are immediately attacked and soon discover that the Man-Ape has usurped power in Wakanda. T'Challa was once again...for the umpteenth time (too many damned times in my always humble opinion), was forced to fight for the right to rule his nation. T'Challa was on the verge of victory before sucuumbing to another trick and found himself in need of another Avengers' rescue.

Death Tiger made me sick. Killmonger made/makes me sick. Achebe, White Wolf, White Tiger (Kasper Cole), makes me sick. I never liked Everett Ross, nor Queen Divine Justice. I despise Kraven...both of them. I hate the way the Priest-written kitchen fight scene between T'Challa and Kraven went down and then, when T'Challa was beating the shiznit out of Kraven - something he richly deserved - it was T'Challa who was rebuked by the Avengers for losing his cool. What also added to my disgust of that whole episode was that while T'Challa was pummeling Kraven, Kraven was egging T'Challa on, begging for him to kick his insane behind. That Kraven seemed to acquiesce to his own ass kicking diminished in my view, T'Challa's physical revenge against him.

I'm sick of the Desturi and other Wakandan NEGROES who want to betray their King everytime the wind blows in a different direction. One of the things about doomwar that I actually enjoyed was Shuri snapping the neck of the Desturi leader and the violent deaths of his fellow traitors. I wouldn't mind seeing a merciless T'Challa roam the pages for awhile. A T'Challa who takes nonsense from nobody. I want to see a T'Challa who would make his so-called sophisticated, murderous half brother White Wolf piss his pants in fear. I would love to see a T'Challa who instead of telling Wolverine that he was infected by a certain silliness where Storm was involved, instead hasten Logan's death along by eviscerating him and kicking him, Ororo and their party out of Wakanda.

I don't necessarily need to see Black Panther, the Avenger. I would love to see a Vengeful T'Challa wreaking havoc on his enemies and putting the fear of the Black Panther in friend, foe, and that stupid, Dr Doom butt-kissing Panther god(dess), Bast as well. True Black Panther Black Power.

....but that's just me  ;)

While there are many things about Thomas' and Priest's runs on the Panther I don't like, I can appreciate their efforts. It's not easy to write a so-called black superhero for a still-racist white audience...an audience who would rather see a black homosexual man married to a white male homosexual superhero than to see an African King's MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY survive with his African Queen. There are things about Hudlin's run on the Panther that irritated me. But I'd rather take the greater good with the bad than take the bad with the worst.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 21, 2014, 01:03:18 pm »

Yes Sir, Brother Supreme. As Big John Buscema likely didn't illustrate that story as well as the fact I didn't like the Death Tiger or the story, I didn't pay much attention to it. I think the Death Tiger was yet another traitorous Wakandan in what has become a long, long line of such: Eric Killmonger, Man-Ape, White Wolf, Malice...that thing with the dragon wings in Don McGregor's second installation of his Panther's ____ fill in the blank, series. The list goes on. I for one have always been sick of Wakandans wanting to drag T'Challa down and out whenever his back is turned and sometimes, full in his face.

Thomas also wrote a story about a Wakandan citizen who had joined A.I.M. and was up to some espionage in Wakanda (after the Vibranium again). The citizen eventually had a change of heart, realized he was loyal to his King, fought against A.I.M. and died in the line of service. I think that's how the story went. Thomas wrote a story about Wakandans protesting outside of Avengers Mansion, the Lion God appearing, T'Challa being rendered helpless and bowing in humility before this deity, a deity who wanted to kill him, of course. The Avengers had to rescue him.

Add to that story one written by Thomas shortly after the Avengers and Dr Strange defeated the Asgardian Fire and Ice gods decided to visit Wakanda before returning to Avengers Mansion. Upon landing in Wakanda, they are immediately attacked and soon discover that the Man-Ape has usurped power in Wakanda. T'Challa was once again...for the umpteenth time (too many damned times in my always humble opinion), was forced to fight for the right to rule his nation. T'Challa was on the verge of victory before sucuumbing to another trick and found himself in need of another Avengers' rescue.

Death Tiger made me sick. Killmonger made/makes me sick. Achebe, White Wolf, White Tiger (Kasper Cole), makes me sick. I never liked Everett Ross, nor Queen Divine Justice. I despise Kraven...both of them. I hate the way the Priest-written kitchen fight scene between T'Challa and Kraven went down and then, when T'Challa was beating the shiznit out of Kraven - something he richly deserved - it was T'Challa who was rebuked by the Avengers for losing his cool. What also added to my disgust of that whole episode was that while T'Challa was pummeling Kraven, Kraven was egging T'Challa on, begging for him to kick his insane behind. That Kraven seemed to acquiesce to his own ass kicking diminished in my view, T'Challa's physical revenge against him.

I'm sick of the Desturi and other Wakandan NEGROES who want to betray their King everytime the wind blows in a different direction. One of the things about doomwar that I actually enjoyed was Shuri snapping the neck of the Desturi leader and the violent deaths of his fellow traitors. I wouldn't mind seeing a merciless T'Challa roam the pages for awhile. A T'Challa who takes nonsense from nobody. I want to see a T'Challa who would make his so-called sophisticated, murderous half brother White Wolf piss his pants in fear. I would love to see a T'Challa who instead of telling Wolverine that he was infected by a certain silliness where Storm was involved, instead hasten Logan's death along by eviscerating him and kicking him, Ororo and their party out of Wakanda.

I don't necessarily need to see Black Panther, the Avenger. I would love to see a Vengeful T'Challa wreaking havoc on his enemies and putting the fear of the Black Panther in friend, foe, and that stupid, Dr Doom butt-kissing Panther god(dess), Bast as well. True Black Panther Black Power.

While there are many things about Thomas' and Priest's runs on the Panther I don't like, I can appreciate their efforts. It's not easy to write a so-called black superhero for a still-racist white audience...an audience who would rather see a black homosexual man married to a white male homosexual superhero than to see an African King's MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY survive with his African Queen. There are things about Hudlin's run on the Panther that irritated me. But I'd rather take the greater good with the bad than take the bad with the worst.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 21, 2014, 03:24:33 pm »

This...right...here!

Thank You, Brother Salustrade.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 23, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »

There is absolutely nothing to add, once a magnificent post like this has been dropped...except...*INFINITE APPLAUSE, ETERNAL STANDING OVATION*
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 23, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »

This...right...here!

Thank You, Brother Salustrade.

Don't mention it Brotha Sinjection1  8)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 24, 2014, 04:48:20 pm »
When is the next NA coming out?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
When is the next NA coming out?

July 30th 2014.

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:43 am »
With current state of these incursions, now would be a great opportunity to play around with the idea of him meeting such a T'Challa and let the previous Black Panthers co-mingle. They could fight or even team up. Have a Doomesque T'Challa or worse. There is so much that could be done. How would T'Challa react to having to kill himself. One that was still King of Wakanda and not King of the Dead. One that had as much if not more conviction in his heart and one that was truly 3 steps ahead of his friends. What would they tell themselves? And who would win.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 25, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »
With current state of these incursions, now would be a great opportunity to play around with the idea of him meeting such a T'Challa and let the previous Black Panthers co-mingle. They could fight or even team up. Have a Doomesque T'Challa or worse. There is so much that could be done. How would T'Challa react to having to kill himself. One that was still King of Wakanda and not King of the Dead. One that had as much if not more conviction in his heart and one that was truly 3 steps ahead of his friends. What would they tell themselves? And who would win.

That would be insane. I love it.

I proposed a scenario dealing with similar powerful emotions ideas and concepts when...years ago...I suggested that T'Chaka return from the dead, and reassume his role as King of Wakanda. How would T'Challa react to being CROWN PRINCE once again? Especially when it becomes clear that T'Chaka does a whole bunch of things that TChalla wouldn't...but has excellent reasons for doing what he does.

TChaka would immediately and uncompromisingly move on Doom. The world wouldn't move to halt him because hell...everybody hates Doom.

TChaka could move on the various X-Men involved in invading Wakanda as Enemies of the State. That would instantly involve The Uncanny Avengers and the other Avengers teams. All of them. Because each group of Avengers are friends with every other group of Avengers. This could possibly be the opening shots in what was alluded to in The Ultimate Universe...World War Wakanda or The Wakanda Wars. Wakanda could rally its allies...and count Asgard, Deviant Lemuria, and other non-American countries as allies and deterrents to the initiation of a full fledged open war vs Wakanda.

TChaka could punish the U.S. or the Chinese or both countries for their spy operations seeking to uncover Wakandan State Secrets.

TChaka would exterminate the European doctors who've infamously inoculated Africans with lethal diseases for decades...with impunity.

Okay, I confess that I'm already writing this fanfic.

Juss sayin that I love the idea of TChalla vs TChaka or TChalla vs Alternate Dimension TChalla-Doom.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 27, 2014, 04:18:20 am »

That would be insane. I love it.

I proposed a scenario dealing with similar powerful emotions ideas and concepts when...years ago...I suggested that T'Chaka return from the dead, and reassume his role as King of Wakanda. How would T'Challa react to being CROWN PRINCE once again? Especially when it becomes clear that T'Chaka does a whole bunch of things that TChalla wouldn't...but has excellent reasons for doing what he does.

TChaka would immediately and uncompromisingly move on Doom. The world wouldn't move to halt him because hell...everybody hates Doom.

TChaka could move on the various X-Men involved in invading Wakanda as Enemies of the State. That would instantly involve The Uncanny Avengers and the other Avengers teams. All of them. Because each group of Avengers are friends with every other group of Avengers. This could possibly be the opening shots in what was alluded to in The Ultimate Universe...World War Wakanda or The Wakanda Wars. Wakanda could rally its allies...and count Asgard, Deviant Lemuria, and other non-American countries as allies and deterrents to the initiation of a full fledged open war vs Wakanda.

TChaka could punish the U.S. or the Chinese or both countries for their spy operations seeking to uncover Wakandan State Secrets.

TChaka would exterminate the European doctors who've infamously inoculated Africans with lethal diseases for decades...with impunity.

Okay, I confess that I'm already writing this fanfic.

Juss sayin that I love the idea of TChalla vs TChaka or TChalla vs Alternate Dimension TChalla-Doom.

I can't wait to read it.