Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1019333 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2595 on: June 30, 2015, 06:18:53 pm »
Thank you brutha Battle! I would leap at the chance. And I think that I would write an outstanding BP solo. And being a real life space science and physics geek, lifelong Montu practitioner [ Master rank in the Afrakan hybrid fighting system of my family ]  among other things? I think I can write some really sweet space sci fi dimension jumping fist swinging kick slinging bone breaking hi tech adventure, if I had a shot at a MARVEL TEAM.   Not that I'm biased er nuthin...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Why don't you draft a treatment tonight and pitch to MARVEL first thing tomorrow morning?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2596 on: June 30, 2015, 08:58:15 pm »
Thank you brutha Battle! I would leap at the chance. And I think that I would write an outstanding BP solo. And being a real life space science and physics geek, lifelong Montu practitioner [ Master rank in the Afrakan hybrid fighting system of my family ]  among other things? I think I can write some really sweet space sci fi dimension jumping fist swinging kick slinging bone breaking hi tech adventure, if I had a shot at a MARVEL TEAM.   Not that I'm biased er nuthin...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Why don't you draft a treatment tonight and pitch to MARVEL first thing tomorrow morning?

Cuz those guys are insular and not forthcoming with the whole "look for pitches from some fool without comic book experience or hookups when he's dumb enough to write us a pitch that won't even get close enough to us for us to ignore it" approach.

Maybe I should Google how Marvel ignores...I mean sets up a procedure...for reviewing submissions from newbie wannabe talent.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:00:39 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 01, 2015, 04:47:35 am »

Cuz those guys are insular and not forthcoming with the whole "look for pitches from some fool without comic book experience or hookups when he's dumb enough to write us a pitch that won't even get close enough to us for us to ignore it" approach.

Maybe I should Google how Marvel ignores...I mean sets up a procedure...for reviewing submissions from newbie wannabe talent.

It isn't being insular,  they're lawyers probably won't let then listen to ideas.   Professional writers get accused and sued for stealing ideas way to often for them to take the risk.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #2598 on: July 01, 2015, 07:19:43 am »

We could also design new product for the forthcoming Milestone Media platform(s).
#ijs

As for the Ultimates ... T'Challa leading *that* team?!?  I might mortgage my RE investments to finance the movie.

(then, take the windfall in promote Milestone products.)
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 01, 2015, 08:08:29 am »

Have you ever written a Comic series before? Indy, Small company, Self Published, Web series etc.?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 01, 2015, 08:41:25 am »

Have you ever written a Comic series before? Indy, Small company, Self Published, Web series etc.?

Nahhhh. I have never written a single comic book EVER. But. I know I can because the main key is adjusting to the comic scripting format. I know how to do that.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 01, 2015, 08:51:41 am »

It isn't being insular,  they're lawyers probably won't let then listen to ideas.   Professional writers get accused and sued for stealing ideas way to often for them to take the risk.

Very good point. Thanks for reminding us.

Nope never wrote any of that. But the key...as I said before...is becoming proficient in the comic scripting format. That can be picked up with a Google search, I'm thinking.

We could also design new product for the forthcoming Milestone Media platform(s).
#ijs

As for the Ultimates ... T'Challa leading *that* team?!?  I might mortgage my RE investments to finance the movie.

(then, take the windfall in promote Milestone products.)

I seriously doubt that TChalla would lead that team. Although he easily could do so. I am quite interested in this book. And. Let me rub it in. Didn't your very own S. to the I. predict that TChalla would be on a premier team and possess a prominent place in the MU post Battleworld? Contrary to various naysayings? I'm juss sayin.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 01, 2015, 11:20:39 am »
Another point to Supreme.  There's a series of panels that a lot of people aren't noticing in Secret Wars #4.

Dr. Strange, before the last part of the issue, provides a knowledge transfer magic to T'Challa before the survivors are sent away. Not Reed, not all the survivors, but just T'Challa.

I have a feeling that T'Challa may be the only guy in the story that actually knows the secrets to Battleworld.

Besides God Emperor Doom of crouse.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
Another point to Supreme.  There's a series of panels that a lot of people aren't noticing in Secret Wars #4.

Alternatively, readers like myself well familiar with the effects of Maberry'ism don't give a frak about a few panels when juxtaposed against a backdrop of character negation and non-stop deconstruction.

Dr. Strange, before the last part of the issue, provides a knowledge transfer magic to T'Challa before the survivors are sent away. Not Reed, not all the survivors, but just T'Challa.

So what?

Does any of what you've stated here change the fact that Hickman wrote T'Challa as a tactical ignoramus and all round failure?

I have a feeling that T'Challa may be the only guy in the story that actually knows the secrets to Battleworld.

Besides God Emperor Doom of course.

Pity T'Challa forgot the secret of Wakandan resilience and ingenuity in the face of sustained aggression.

My position remains unchanged as regards the way in which the Black Panther Mythos have been mismanaged post Hudlin so while others seek to crow about supposed predictions coming true whilst rubbing Hickman's semen into their faces on some gleeful fanboy sh*te, I'll wait until the finished product actually drops later on this year to make up my own mind as to whether T'Challa's place in the MU is vastly improved.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 01, 2015, 06:31:19 pm »

I heard about these panels, man. I'm gonna buy SW4 tomorrow, God willing. Lol. And read the whole book myself. I hinted in issue 2 that I think I see a tiny part of where Hickman is going here. But I'll keep my yap shut until issue 7.

Alternatively, readers like myself well familiar with the effects of Maberry'ism don't give a frak about a few panels when juxtaposed against a backdrop of character negation and non-stop deconstruction.

So what?

Does any of what you've stated here change the fact that Hickman wrote T'Challa as a tactical ignoramus and all round failure?

Pity T'Challa forgot the secret of Wakandan resilience and ingenuity in the face of sustained aggression.

My position remains unchanged as regards the way in which the Black Panther Mythos have been mismanaged post Hudlin so while others seek to crow about supposed predictions coming true whilst rubbing Hickman's semen into their faces on some gleeful fanboy sh*te, I'll wait until the finished product actually drops later on this year to make up my own mind as to whether T'Challa's place in the MU is vastly improved.

Skipping the whole Hickman semen thing...I congratulate you that you are now at least willing to wait until the finished product actually drops later this to make up your mind. Which has been my repeated refrain, and which is the ultimate beginning determinant of what's poppin for TChalla anyway. Realistically? Looking at how books are written now, and as they shift to that TV seasonal model? It'll take about 6 issues of UTLIMATE AVENGERS to see whwere TChalla is visavis the team, and we'd have to wait a like number of issuesa after CA CW propels TChalla's solo book in summer or fall of 2016 [ fingers crossed that Marvel launches the book next year ].
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:45 am »

I heard about these panels, man. I'm gonna buy SW4 tomorrow, God willing. Lol. And read the whole book myself. I hinted in issue 2 that I think I see a tiny part of where Hickman is going here. But I'll keep my yap shut until issue 7.

So what?

Skipping the whole Hickman semen thing...I congratulate you that you are now at least willing to wait until the finished product actually drops later this to make up your mind. Which has been my repeated refrain, and which is the ultimate beginning determinant of what's poppin for TChalla anyway. Realistically? Looking at how books are written now, and as they shift to that TV seasonal model? It'll take about 6 issues of UTLIMATE AVENGERS to see whwere TChalla is visavis the team, and we'd have to wait a like number of issuesa after CA CW propels TChalla's solo book in summer or fall of 2016 [ fingers crossed that Marvel launches the book next year ].

Plus, everything T'Challa has ever done in the past pales in comparison to what he's done when he's been a "failure".

He's one of only two people to make a solution to escape the death of the multiverse.  Only Doom through outright killing gods and usurping their power matches up.  Despite Val and Reed having a hand in the plan, T'Challa's the one who engineered the Life Raft. It worked so well The Cabal had to COPY it to survive. And this is a group with a guy more intelligent than anyone in Marvel Earth, Thanos.

That is a huge feat.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 02, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

Save the congratulations.

Waiting to see what Al Ewing brings to the creative table via the Ultimates book later on this year is logical.

Giving Hiickman props and congratulatory backslaps for the three year long dump he took on T'Challa and Wakanda was never a logical stance for anyone otther than a awe struck fanboy.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 02, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »

So what?

Plus, everything T'Challa has ever done in the past pales in comparison to what he's done when he's been a "failure".

He's one of only two people to make a solution to escape the death of the multiverse.  Only Doom through outright killing gods and usurping their power matches up.  Despite Val and Reed having a hand in the plan, T'Challa's the one who engineered the Life Raft. It worked so well The Cabal had to COPY it to survive. And this is a group with a guy more intelligent than anyone in Marvel Earth, Thanos.

That is a huge feat.

So what?

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 03, 2015, 10:17:41 am »
Hey Kid, I agree with the statement that creating the Life Raft is a "huge feat," but Sal is right, contextually, Hickman's T'Challa is a failure.  His foremost responsibility as a member of the royal family of Wakanda is to Wakanda.  The royal family and Black Panthers were supremely responsible for the safety and security of Wakanda and Wakandans; more so, I would argue, than Doom would be responsible for Latverians.  (This is why I feel this story would've made more sense with T'Challa in Doom's role - though not as a self-proclaimed god).  In the face of the end of everything, T'Challa, especially with the ability to commune with all previous Black Panthers, should have been focused on saving as much of Wakanda as possible.  It is not in character for him to act in any other way. 

Strange has confirmed that very little of Wakanda survived and that much was saved by Doom!  Hickman's T'Challa/Black Panther is a failure at what it means to be the Black Panther and a member of the royal family of Wakanda.  Any remaining Wakandans would rightly see him as a sell out.  (Interestingly Marvel intends now to pair him with Blue Marvel?)  I don't see how this fundamental fact - his failure as BP - changes regardless of what "cool" thing has Hickman him do next?

My two cents. 

Peace,

Mont

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: July 05, 2015, 11:06:45 am »
Hey Kid, I agree with the statement that creating the Life Raft is a "huge feat," but Sal is right, contextually, Hickman's T'Challa is a failure.  His foremost responsibility as a member of the royal family of Wakanda is to Wakanda.  The royal family and Black Panthers were supremely responsible for the safety and security of Wakanda and Wakandans; more so, I would argue, than Doom would be responsible for Latverians.  (This is why I feel this story would've made more sense with T'Challa in Doom's role - though not as a self-proclaimed god).  In the face of the end of everything, T'Challa, especially with the ability to commune with all previous Black Panthers, should have been focused on saving as much of Wakanda as possible.  It is not in character for him to act in any other way. 

Strange has confirmed that very little of Wakanda survived and that much was saved by Doom!  Hickman's T'Challa/Black Panther is a failure at what it means to be the Black Panther and a member of the royal family of Wakanda.  Any remaining Wakandans would rightly see him as a sell out.  (Interestingly Marvel intends now to pair him with Blue Marvel?)  I don't see how this fundamental fact - his failure as BP - changes regardless of what "cool" thing has Hickman him do next?

My two cents. 

Peace,

Mont

They ain't hearing you though. :smh:

Hickman sure does write a "heroic" T'Challa doesn't he.....