Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1091899 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #2790 on: September 06, 2015, 08:59:24 pm »
There have been some positive signs of life after Hickman for the Black Panther. The announcements of ongoing team and a solo series bring to mind something Priest mentioned in his interview.
I’ve actually had a recent discussion with Marvel about the possibility of returning to Panther in some fashion. Actually, now that I think about it, Denys worked on Panther, Reginald Hudlin worked on Panther, and I worked on Panther. Marvel should create a Milestone Black Panther book. I’m quite sure, if it wouldn’t blow up Milestone’s deal with DC, we’d all be eager to see what could be done with the character in a creatively uncompromised environment. We all dearly love this character. I would eagerly participate in a Milestone-branded Black Panther.

Your Thoughts are the same as mine, there is potential to elevate Bp to new heights and that is through Milestone. As i mentioned in an earlier post

I think this is the direction that the Black Panther solo should be headed. A team consisting of Priest, Hudlin and Cowan having editorial and creative control over a BP book that is connected to the Marvel Universe, The Milestone Universe with legitimate pathways to the DC Universe would be unprecedented. Their's is a proven combination having set historical markers while consistently fleshing out the defining traits of the Black Panther.

Insular BP tales, crossovers with Marvel and Milestone characters and an event crossover with DC that allows the Black Panther to show what he can do in the company of the Dark Knight, the Man Of Steel, the Emerald Knight and the Amazon Queen.

The marketing ideas alone sell themselves. More new readers, bringing back old ones, satisfying the readers that went through all the BS. Its a win win on all fronts. All this and a team book by Ewing. This is Black Panther Phase 1

All of these were great things, Its a shame they weren't able to be expanded on. You want to extend your readership to the African demographic? Make an all black super hero all-star team that focuses on the great and underused A-listers and have them overcome obstacles WITHOUT THE HELP OF WHITE HEROES. Sure they can have features in arcs, but mainly have it the all black team doing cool stuff (and not just street level, there are plenty of heroes of color available that could allow them to take on bigger threats and A-lists Villains) and showing they are just as capable as any of their white hero allies. Ezyo

A quote from earlier i made. I think this should definitely happen, its a good way to introduce a characters that African-Americans can relate to and shows that these black heroes can hold their own just as well as any white hero, and do so without their aid as well. Plus it allows access to more cultural significance for those heroes ( BP especially) and it also does something no other company has done, and thats bring A list black characters into a super group.

There are endless possibilities that could be done and it would be amazing if Milestone would be able to have BP there without DC going up in arms.

For the Marvel Cinematic Universe depiction of the Black Panther in his film trilogy (yes I'm being very optimistic here) the director should be Reginald Hudlin.

A seasoned veteran who comprehends the sensibilities of the BP mythos and has delivered for all practical purposes a film treatment via his Black Panther the Animated Series. Hudlin possess much that is needed to ensure a successful if not blockbuster film.

The Black Panther film trilogy should tread new waters. Do not do an origin film, don't focus on Klaw and the theft of Vibranium. Make that ancillary. The first film should be epic in depiction its scope spanning the MCU in a unique way. For example Tchalla is ambushed by a team highly trained blue skinned assassins; who believe that  the Black Panther through his Wakandan Design Group and its CEO Shuri were responsible for their failed attempt to raise their city from the depths of the oceans and join the world of nations.

After killing the would be assassins the Black Panther declares their actions an act of war. Their leader Namor goes on the offensive and tries to flood Wakanda, unsuccessfully. This presents the opportunity to show off Wakandan tech and the Black Panther's skills in hand to hand combat against Namor. Beautiful rainforest interspliced with exotic architecture contrasted by elaborate underwater scenes. Namor and Tchalla discover the events were initiated by the Illuminati  a consortium of the world's most powerful men and women who wish to weaken both nations so to better exploit their vast resources.

The sequel would have Tchalla discover Stark is a member of the Illuminati and they go at it. This brings in the Avengers all of them (Hulk and Thor) and Namor comes to assist Tchalla. All to end up finding out Loki was behind the entire plot under his agreement with Thanos. The final part of the trilogy finds the Black Panther fighting an battalion of intergalactic shape shifting mercenaries called the Skrulls who were sent to wipe out Wakanda by Thanos. Here is where you can introduce Captain Marvel. Just something off the top of the head but it plays well into establishing the Black Panther, introducing new characters and working within the established MCU's core players. This is Black Panther Phase 2

That sounds amazing. I dont doubt that they will put Klaw into the the BP movies and it kinda gets old because he has been over used aot. They need to expand on the baddies. I think Killmonger would be a good character to put into one of the movies, the battles between Killmonger and T'Challa have always been solid and powerful. But i really think if they did See Wakanda and Die on the big screen, that would be epic.

I would be remiss if I neglected to mention Black Panther Unleashed - The Storms of Carnage.

Director and star D.A. Jackson and team should be given a working budget comparable to Dare Devil, access to a fair assortment of untapped Mrvel characters since they may not be able to use the XMen and produce a Black Panther Netflix series that airs between MCU BP releases. This is Black Panther Phase 3
[/u]

Yes! Yes! YES!! That should happen, they did a great job on such a small budget, proving that you don't need Millions of dollars to make good quality work. The things they could do with a Netflix like budget would be amazing and bring in a ton of new fans to BP and they could really do alot of cool stuff in the series in between movies, infact they could use the series as prequels/sequels to each movie coming out. So much potential, They should push for it. BP is the Best character for this task

Every bit of this...from the art to the Milestone suggestions to the movie plot ideas...is sooo magnificently good and so overflooded with common sense that there is no way that Marvel will let it happen.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2791 on: September 07, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »
Glad to see we are on the same accord Ezyo.

Every bit of this...from the art to the Milestone suggestions to the movie plot ideas...is sooo magnificently good and so overflooded with common sense that there is no way that Marvel will let it happen.    supreme illuminati

Therein lies the conundrum Marvel now finds itself Brother Supreme with Captain America - Civil War. The same super friends fighting each other for a third time may be jumping the shark. We've already witnessed Black Widow and Hawkeye fight. Falcon and Ant Man got it in.  The fan favorite and arguably best translated of the Avengers, Iron Man has done it all and did it well. The Golden Avenger has gone mono y mono with War Machine, battled Thor to a draw and he fought and knocked out the Hulk. Physically fighting Captain America may be more than anticlimactic for the armored Avenger. DC doesn't have this challenge yet. All their heroes battling will be a first for the silver screen. The Guardians of the Galaxy are insular enough not to fall prey.

Avengers 2 seemed too much like busy work for the team. The Age of Ultron should have been Iron Man's fourth solo film. They could have still introduced Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision without the other Avengers. The party scene with every one trying to lift Thor's hammer would have been enough, (in fact leaving the audience begging for more). They depart just in time for us to witness Stark and Rhodes confronting Ultron. Iron Man 4 The Age of Ultron could have given Don Chealdle more to work with and given a nod to Ant Man by having Hank Pym appear and crediting him with Ultron's creation . A single near indestructible Ultron teamed with  Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision would have presented an excellent opportunity to showcase the genius of Stark and the versatility of the Iron Man and War Machine armors. The entire situation with Klaw would stay and still be very effective.

In this lineup it appears the victory goes to Team Iron Man hands down. I mean literally Tony by himself should be able to take on Cap's whole squad. I would have team Iron Man consist of Tony, Rhodey, Vision, Natasha (double agent) and S.H.I.E.L.D. (reped by Fury and Colson). Thor is absent of course. Team Cap would be Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ant-Man (who becomes Giant Man), Sharon Carter and a conflicted green goliath. Banner is team Stark and the Hulk is team Cap (imagine the fun you can have with that). Spidey's part amounts to "can't we all just get along?" but winds up leaning towards Cap's side.

Now you know I didn't forget the Black Panther!!!

To be continued next post. Same Black time, same Black channel.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:49:49 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2792 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »
Glad to see we are on the same accord Ezyo.

Every bit of this...from the art to the Milestone suggestions to the movie plot ideas...is sooo magnificently good and so overflooded with common sense that there is no way that Marvel will let it happen.    supreme illuminati

Therein lies the conundrum Marvel now finds itself Brother Supreme with Captain America - Civil War. The same super friends fighting each other for a third time may be jumping the shark. We've already witnessed Black Widow and Hawkeye fight. Falcon and Ant Man got it in.  The fan favorite and arguably best translated of the Avengers, Iron Man has done it all and did it well. The Golden Avenger has gone mono y mono with War Machine, battled Thor to a draw and he fought and knocked out the Hulk. Physically fighting Captain America may be more than anticlimactic for the armored Avenger. DC doesn't have this challenge yet. All their heroes battling will be a first for the silver screen. The Guardians of the Galaxy are insular enough not to fall prey.

Avengers 2 seemed too much like busy work for the team. The Age of Ultron should have been Iron Man's fourth solo film. They could have still introduced Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision without the other Avengers. The party scene with every one trying to lift Thor's hammer would have been enough, (in fact leaving the audience begging for more). They depart just in time for us to witness Stark and Rhodes confronting Ultron. Iron Man 4 The Age of Ultron could have given Don Chealdle more to work with and given a nod to Ant Man by having Hank Pym appear and crediting him with Ultron's creation . A single near indestructible Ultron teamed with  Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision would have presented an excellent opportunity to showcase the genius of Stark and the versatility of the Iron Man and War Machine armors. The entire situation with Klaw would stay and still be very effective.

In this lineup it appears the victory goes to Team Iron Man hands down. I mean literally Tony by himself should be able to take on Cap's whole squad. I would have team Iron Man consist of Tony, Rhodey, Vision, Natasha (double agent) and S.H.I.E.L.D. (reped by Fury and Colson). Thor is absent of course. Team Cap would be Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ant-Man (who becomes Giant Man), Sharon Carter and a conflicted green goliath. Banner is team Stark and the Hulk is team Cap (imagine the fun you can have with that). Spidey's part amounts to "can't we all just get along?" but winds up leaning towards Cap's side.

Now you know I didn't forget the Black Panther!!!

To be continued next post. Same Black time, same Black channel.

These are magnificent suggestions and keen eyed commentary.

However, I do think there is a way to work the "heroes vs heroes" thing pretty good with the intro of TChalla...and who doesn't get a sense of "heroes permanently rally and lock and load ALL NEW MARVEL STYLE" with the forthcoming INFINITY WARS movies?

I also have a feeling that IRON FIST and maybe LUKE CAGE will be terrific hits on Netflix.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: September 10, 2015, 09:22:49 am »
I agree With Ture that how the Marvel Cinema has set it up, Ironman himself is more then capable of taking out everyone on Cap's Team. They haven't shown anyone really having any major feats that show they can go toe to toe with him (I mean the best was saw was Cap trying to handle ultron but as you could see, was barely hanging in there.) While Ironman on the other hand, has tangle with Rhodey (who could also take out Caps team alone) Thor, Hulk, and Ultron as well.

Most of the people on Caps team aren't really anything Super in terms of strength or durability or anything, making the civil war seem very one sided. We also don't know how T'Challa will stand just yet, but in order to stay consistent with the comics he has to switch sides, so it would be interesting to see if they incorporate his advance tech into the movie, Showcasing a little more of Priests version of Panther, who was more tricked out then Mr. Hudlin's, But still show the Hardcore Panther of Rh.

I also have a feeling that IRON FIST and maybe LUKE CAGE will be terrific hits on Netflix. S.I.

Fingers Crossed for D.A. Jackson and Workhouse Pictures getting some Huge Props for their independent film on BP and hope that they see lots of success and maybe even some additional support to get something like a BP series going on *cough* Netflix *cough*. And hopefully their work will also draw in more potential fans and get people even more hyped for BP on the big screen as well as push people to take a look at comics.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2794 on: September 18, 2015, 09:59:45 pm »
These are magnificent suggestions and keen eyed commentary. However, I do think there is a way to work the "heroes vs heroes" thing pretty good with the intro of TChalla...and who doesn't get a sense of "heroes permanently rally and lock and load ALL NEW MARVEL STYLE" with the forthcoming INFINITY WARS movies? I also have a feeling that IRON FIST and maybe LUKE CAGE will be terrific hits on Netflix.

Gratitude Brother Supreme, for the kind words. If Daredevil is any indication then I agree that IRON FIST and LUKE CAGE are gonna hit hard. Once again you help illustrate my point on yet another conundrum Marvel is placing itself in.

A cursory examination of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. yields the typical formula of not building on an already well defined precedence, in this case the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The ABC and Netflix series should inter-splice the motion pictures. Star Trek fell victim to this when they neglected to take DS9 to the big screen. Instead of witnessing Sisko and Picard engaged in a Star Wars level conflict in the Dominion War we got Insurrection. Apparently DC is going the same route in keeping its TV series and films separate. Pity, Stephen Amell's Arrow would do well in Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad. We now return to the Black Panther.

The Black Panther enters Captain America's Civil War on the prowl for the Winter Soldier (who is not responsible for T'Chaka's death) regarding the theft of a shipment of vibranium.  Unbeknownst to Tchalla, the Winter Soldier delivered the stolen ore to Klaw. The super hero team throw down begins after BP and WS go at it with BP in the superior position having captured WS. This brings Tchalla in direct conflict with Team Cap who have been tracking WS.  BP takes on and defeats Falcon, Hawkeye and Black Widow while Cap frees WS. Just as Cap prepares to attack BP, Bucky stops him. As explanations are about to be exchanged Team Tony attacks. With the battle lines drawn Cap notices the Winter Soldier and the Black Panther are gone.

Cap's team takes a brutal beating. Bucky convinces Tchalla that he will tell him who he gave the vibranium to only if they go back and aid Cap. Bucky helps the fallen heroes while Tchalla takes on War Machine and Cap battles Iron Man. To everyone's surprise, Scott Lang goes giant, grabs an I beam from a conveniently located construction site and bats War Machine and Iron Man across the city, giving Team Cap time to regroup and escape. At their safe house an angry Cap confronts Tchalla. A short fisticuffs ensues and the Black Panther is surrounded by Team Cap. Tchalla says "Stand down."  Hawkeye says "Are you crazy?" Tchalla repeats "Stand down."  Hawkeye says "We got you out maned and out gunned or out arrowed as the case may be." Tchalla says "I wasn't speaking to your team." The Winter Soldier gives Tchalla the coordinates to the location where he delivered the vibranium. The Black Panther exits... stage left.

Team Cap and Team Shellhead go at it again with Spider-man and Scarlet Witch added for good measure. The Superhero Registration Act is passed, Team Cap goes underground and form a covert, secret Avengers. The new Avengers consisting of  of Team Tony adds Thor and Scarlet Witch to the roster. Spidey joins Cap's team as does Nick Fury. Bruce Banner joins Team Tony while the Hulk is on Team Cap, courtesy of an absent ballot. Colson and Hill run S.H.I.E.L.D. and passively link the two teams while keeping an eye on both. Together the Avengers, secret and new unite to battle the evil machinations of Baron Zemo and Hydra. The end credits show Tchalla finding an abandoned research facility with traces of vibranium and human DNA.  Analysis leads Tchalla to conclude that it was Klaw who was behind the theft of the vibranium. A voice is heard asking "What do we do now Prince Tchalla?" as several Hatut Zeraze materialize. Tchalla says " The Vibra-Sapien lives. We go home."

Speaking of Klaw, in an attempt to attach a vibranium arm to himself, the process accidentally infuses Klaw's entire body, his cells, his very DNA with encoded vibranium. This was due to residual nanites consisting of Ultron's artificial DNA being left on Klaw when the former severed his arm. Why Ultron left these nanites, we can only speculate. At this point you can CGI and motion capture Andy Serkis and give Klaw a makeover reminiscent of but not aesthetically resembling Terminator's T1000. More to the point, Klaw's energy forms approximates Ultron somewhat.

Klaw is not only an arms dealer but a arms manufacturer. He conceived of making cyborg mercenary army for rent to the highest bidder for whatever job required. Having become aware of vibranium, Klaw wanted to manufacture bionic limbs constructed of it. This is why Klaw was in Wakanda. He approached King T'Chaka with the idea to improve Wakandan soldiers. When the king refused, Klaw was summarily dismissed. However an interested party was able to give a small amount of the precious metal to Klaw but he got caught trying to smuggle it out of Wakanda and literally branded a thief.

With a sufficient energy charge, not only can Klaw make stabbing weapons but he can absorb and dispense energy (dispensing energy weakens him of course). Klaw can shape shift and even make a limited amount of energy duplicates of himself. With his energy spent Klaw reverts back to his human form. Now this version of Klaw is a threat to the Black Panther. Keep in mind if the Black Panther is a legacy character, how T'Chaka dies is perhaps one of the most important parts of the story.

The Black Panther - Ascension

This threat manifests itself at the Pan-African Congress on the Treatment of Superhumans, which is the opening scene of the Black Panther's first solo film. Such luminaries voicing their concern are; special guest speaker Tony Stark (every Marvel movie needs a Stark appearance) presenting a proposal on registration from the US government and S.H.I.E.L.D. Moses Magnum via holographic communication, head of the nation of Cannan and Afraka's first Inhuman speaking on the use of the Terrigen mists to build an all Afrakn peace keeping force.

The beautiful and seducing Princess Zanda (who is enamored with Tchalla) ruler of the Wakandan allied nation of Narobia (known as one of the world's greatest centers for hospitality and espionage) host country for the PACTS conference. M'Butu the Prime Minister of Niganda, a country believed to have Afraka's largest standing army. The Science Consortium of Azania who have been conducting a secret eugenicist project designed to surpass the super soldier formula and create their own team of Supremacists and Ambassador Ronald Pershing of the Republic of Rudyarda, the country that is home to a secret HYDRA military base.

Also in attendance are Wakandan dissidents M'Baku leader of the Jabari state and T'Kan front man for the minority Wakandan political party known as the Desturi who have allied themselves with the Jabari state's push for secession. The Desturi are actually the pawns of N'Jadaka, who wants to gain control of Resurrection Altar for its mutagenic effects on humans. The altar lies in Jabari territories but is under heavy guard by Wakandan security forces. Wakandan leaders King T'Chaka, Queen Ramonda and their son Prince Tchalla are present as well.  After closing remarks Stark immediately leaves the conference having received a priority one distress call.

Soon after, the conference hall of the royal palace shudders as the entire building is enveloped by an energy sphere. Moses Magnum's hologram states that this is just a demonstration of his power as Cannan soldiers enter the conference hall from underground pathways. Many of the conference attendees begin to panic. Outside the energy field Nigandan forces attack the Narobian National Guard. Magnum offers Narobia and Wakanda one last chance to join his PACT (Pan-African Congress of Transhumans). When Princess Zanda refuses, she is shot dead by Magnum. Tchalla goes to her side.

T'Kan states that Wakanda is ready to join but it is T"Chaka who forbids such. T'Kan states that the only transhumans on Wakandan soil descend from the Bashanga clan and to maintain their grip on the wealth and power of Wakanda they forbid others from developing powers. M'Baku sits quietly almost meditative. T'Chaka states that the vast majority of Wakandans have no desire to mutate themselves, or ambitions that lead to world conquest.

"We are a warrior nation, ten thousand years in the making." T'Chaka and Ramonda disrobe revealing their battle armor (Hudlin style), the Dora Milaje stand defensively. "We refuse your invitation. We are the unconquered, the unsullied. T'Chaka unholsters two high tech side arms. Did you really think you would catch me unprepared?" "Not unprepared your highness just lacking that home field advantage." says Moses Magnum.

What was believed to be a hostage situations quickly reveals itself to be a multinational assassination attempt on King T'Chaka.

King T'Chaka, Queen Ramonda and the Dora Milaje  engaged the Security Forces of Cannan. They are interrupted by two giant white gorillas who came up through the floor and begin attacking the Cannan troops . M'Baku has revealed his true power, the ability to enter the minds of animals, his favorite, the Wakandan white gorilla.  As Tchalla prepares to join the fray he is grabbed by Princess Zanda. She kisses him intensely and says "Does a woman have to die in order to get a kiss from you?" Tchalla smiles and says "I'm glad to see you still have your healing factor in place."

T'Chaka tell Tchalla to find a way to deactivate the energy field. Tchalla and Princess Zanda descend into the underground pathways the Cannan soldiers used.  They find a large amphitheater where Moses Magnum is hooked to a machine monitored by HYDRA agents that amplifies his power and range. Tchalla quickly defeats the HYDRA guards and disrupts the apparatus attached to Magnum. Dazed by the sudden power drop, Magnum watches Princess Zanda leave to rally her troops. 

Magnum creates a large fissure beneath Tchalla and he falls in. Magnum then flies up crashing through the ceiling and begins attacking T'Chaka using his magnum force to break through parts of T'Chaka's armor. Tchalla climbs up from the crevice and ascends the walk way to witness his father battling Magnum, his mother along side M'Baku, his gorillas and the Dora Milaje holding their own against the Cannan soldiers..

Suddenly everyone in the conference hall is hit by an ear piercing sound. Only Magnum hears the words "Finish this!"  Magnum raises his hands and says "Since I'm to be responsible for the death of a king, the least I can do is provide you a proper burial. A family plot no less." At that moment Magnum is shot through the eye and collapses to the floor. "You talk too much and act too slow." utters T'Chaka. H e then says "Crush them all!" The Cannan soldiers are all shot down. The Hatut Zeraze decloak. Princess Zanda walks in with a captured M'Butu who orders his troops to stand down. King T'Chaka and Queen Ramonda embrace and Princess Zanda and Prince Tchalla kiss. (Happy ending. Remember this is a Disney film.)

"Never send a boy to do a man's job." says Ambassador Ronald Pershing as he changes into Klaw. "You do remember me your excellency?" He then converts into his energy self. "Although I have changed. Supremacists! Attend to me!" Five Azanian super soldiers join Klaw. "To complete my trifecta...Hail HYDRA!" A battalion of HYDRA troops make their presence known. T'Chaka looks at Tchalla and says "Now might be a good time to show me those upgrades you've been bragging about." Tchalla goes completely dark and morphs into his new Black Panther habit (ala Priest).

The final war ensues. Ramonda  and M'Baku witness the white gorillas fighting the HYDRA troops fall under a hail of bullets, going down King Kong style. M'Baku summons their dying essences and hulks out cutting a swath through the troops. M'Butu breaks free of Princess Zanda and orders his army to reengage the Narobian National Guard. Tchalla the Black Panther battles the Supremacists and T'Chaka fights Klaw for the final time.

T'Chaka fires at Klaw's eyes only to witness his particle weapons' discharge absorbed by Klaw. Holstering his weapons T'Chaka unleashes a brilliant martial arts display against his nemesis. While doing so T'Chaka berates Klaw, calling him a primitive savage, a death merchant, a petty liar and a poor excuse for a thief. Outraged Klaw begins firing shots that T'Chaka easily dodges. Klaw then reconfigures himself to fire at multiple targets at once.

Tchalla leads the Supremacists away from the convention hall and down into the catacombs beneath the royal palace. These he became familiar with during his father's many diplomatic visits; as Princess Zanda always tried to find a private place for them away from guards and attendants. Tchalla manipulated the Supremacists into separating in their search for him. the first one he encountered was a genetically enhanced tracker.

The second one he defeated wore a high tech battle suit that was grafted to him. The third was a pyrokinetic, a walking human torch while the fourth one was a failed attempt at a Hulk. The fifth proved the most challenging as he was their version of a Captain America. He was good but Tchalla had fought the best. The best. After defeating and securing them all Tchalla went looking for his father.

T'Chaka takes refuge behind pieces of debris and rumble as he tries to close the distance between he and Klaw.  He notices Klaw flickering between his human and energy states. T'Chaka says " You weren't much of a man before but now you are even less. I mean you actually let a piece of AI literally disarm you. Pathetic. " Klaw screams out "I will burn your Wakandan ass to dust."  Klaw fires concentric bursts of energy. "Die you Wakandan dog! Die!!" Klaws energy waves cause the floor beneath them to give way. They fall into the large amphitheater.

Klaw contiues firing. Each wave flaying layers armor, yet T'Chaka continues to press forward. Klaw power begins to wane but it is still enough to burns skin. Face to face, eye to eye, flesh to flesh they meet. Klaw transform his arm into a sword. T'Chaka grabs Klaw by the head. "You see, I have a better arm now." Klaw says as he stabs T'Chaka. "You are still less than a man." T'Chaka utters as he snaps Klaw's neck. The two men slump to the ground but only one rises. T'Chaka.

A special cadre of Cannan Inhumans come to the aid of their fallen leader Moses Magnum. Still alive they remove him from the field of battle. Outside the conference hall Magnum utters "You forgot about the boy." Using his magnum force Magnum activates the self destruct mechanism of the device he was connected to. The strain of which causes him to loose consciousness. The Cannan Inhumans depart.

T'Chaka sees the count down commence. He radios Tchalla and tells him to evacuate everyone. Shuri rushes in flanked by two Hatut Zeraze. Tchalla orders her to have everyone board the N'Yami battle cruiser she came in. "Where are you going Shuri asks?" "To get father." he replies. Tchalla finds his father draped over the control panel of the device. T'Chaka says "I told you to get everyone out." Tchalla replies "I have. Everyone includes you." There isn't  enough time for even you to escape. My son you are sacrificing your life and the future of our nation for a dying man. I thought I taught you better." 

"I had no intention of leaving father." Three, two, one. A loud noise, a bright light, a large crater. A spherical vibranium generated  force field. "I had no intention of us dying either father." Tchalla quips. "Perhaps not but the Panther Spirit has its own plans for us. I go to our ancestors proud my son. Long live the king." Tchalla repeats "Long live the king." The film concludes with the funeral of T'Chaka and the coronation of Tchalla.

Post credit 1
A secret meeting aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. hellicarrier. "You mean to tell me you knew about the plot to assassinate the King of Wakanda!" yells Tony Stark. "Only after realizing we both have been given false priority one distress calls. And by then it was too late to do anything." says Nick Fury. "First S.H.I.E.L.D. , then the Superhero Registration Act and now the plot against Wakanda. Something really big is at work here." says Colson. "Fortunate for all of you I was here to witness your discussion. If I had heard otherwise I would have killed all of you." says a decloaking Black Pather.

"Someone big is after that giant rock that fell into your backyard King Tchalla." states Nick Fury. " Am I the only one concerned with the fact that he just threatened all of us and got aboard a flying fortress undetected?" says Stark. Hill says "I think this is his way of asking S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers for help. "We would have to trust him first." says Stark. "Your trust is irrelevant to me and I am not asking you for a damn thing."

"Factions of your government are complicit in the murder of a king. This constitutes an act of war." states Tchalla.
"Now wait a minute Tchalla!" yells Fury. Tchalla says."I will find all those responsible and make them pay with their lives."  "Beam me up W'Kabi" is uttered in Wakandan and the Black Panther disappears. "Well that could have gone much worst." says Stark. Fury walks to the window. His good eye widens. A fleet of N'Yami battle cruisers decloak for just a moment. Fury says 'He's letting us know it still can."

Post credit 2
"Our earth operatives failed to secure the last remaining piece of the destroyed planetoid your lordship." "Humans, so undependable. Send in the Skrulls." commands Thanos.

Post credit 3
A piercing sound is heard as beam of energy shoots up from the crater that was once the royal palace of Narobia.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:16:52 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2795 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »
How u like him now, Mastermynd? Not bad, huh.

Hip Hop cover variant of the first issue, also drawn by Brian Stelfreeze, inspired by Jay Z's "The Black Album."

The renewed focus on Black Panther is no surprise. Created in 1966, he is the first black superhero and hails from Wakanda, a fictional African country.

He has the baddest costume in comics and is a dude who is smarter and better than everyone,” said Axel Alonso, the editor in chief of Marvel. The character not only adds to the diversity of Marvel’s comics; he will do it for their films too: Black Panther is set to make his big-screen debut next year in “Captain America: Civil War,” followed by a solo feature in 2018.

“It’s going to be a story that repositions the Black Panther in the minds of readers,” Mr. Alonso said. “It really moves him forward.”

And for any who missed it...

New Black Panther, New Black Power New, Black Writer.

A new "Black Panther" series is official at Marvel, with the creative team announced by the New York Times. The book is set to debut this spring, to be written by acclaimed author Ta-Nehisi Coates -- making his comic book debut -- and illustrated by veteran comics artist Brian Stelfreeze.

The initial "Black Panther" arc is described as a "yearlong story line," and is titled "A Nation Under Our Feet," a deliberate reference to the 2003 Steven Hahn book of the same name. The Marvel story is said to "find the hero dealing with a violent uprising in his country set off by a superhuman terrorist group called the People."

This statement has me a little concerned.

Coates cites current Marvel event "Secret Wars" and its writer Jonathan Hickman as an inspiration for his comics work.

None the less I'm excited to see what Coates delivers.

Full article here.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/coates-stelfreeze-launch-marvels-new-black-panther-series
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:29:19 pm by Ture »

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:35 pm »
Wait....WHAT???

Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing the new Black Panther? Are you serious??

That is....that just made my damn day! No...MY MONTH!! No....there's even some spillover into December.

Hell...FRIGGIN...YES!!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2797 on: September 22, 2015, 01:22:52 pm »
I stand corrected.

New Black Panther, New Black Power New, Black Writer...New Black Artist.

Ta-Nehisi Coates

Brian Stelfreeze

Anther positive sign is a year long story that appears to be Wakandan centered, though admittedly I'm tired of the revolutions that keep occurring in Wakanda. The state of Wakanda should be far too stable for these constant eruptions. Killmonger, Achebe, the Desturi, I'd prefer to see Wakanda and the Black Panther consolidated as one against various villains, nations, aliens and galactic empires.

Wait....WHAT???

Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing the new Black Panther? Are you serious??

That is....that just made my damn day! No...MY MONTH!! No....there's even some spillover into December.

Hell...FRIGGIN...YES!!

LMAO!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:26:02 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2798 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:37 pm »

From the Huffington Post

“How often do you find a literary voice as singular and powerful as Ta-Nehisi Coates, who also happens to be a hardcore fan of the Marvel mythology?” Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso told The Huffington Post about the announcement. “Through comic books’ first and greatest black super hero, and the fictional kingdom over which he presides, Ta-Nehisi will shed unique insight into the world in which we live."

"In the crucible of a bloody revolution, T’Challa must take a good hard look at who he is and what he stands for, and determine if that is, in fact, enough to save the day," Alonso said of the storyline.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: September 22, 2015, 11:30:21 pm »
Oh, and seriously. Why do you people who post on CBR even take Xpac seriously with his facade as a Black Panther fan. The f*cking moron has successfully nestled himself in the "BP thread", and has fooled you all for YEARS in to thinking that he's an actual fan. Because all he ever does is "cleverly" try to diminish damn near every single thing T'challa does. He constantly roots for the villains who are against BP, takes the opposing stance of good developments/ideas (to build up the character) that the fanbase (no matter how stupid the opposing idea is), and he pins faults on BP's actions that he doesn't pin on other characters who do the same. And worse, he passive-aggressively takes the blame off of Namor, frequently (like 99% of the time) attempts to soften the blow of what should rightfully paint Namor as a complete scumbag and non-hero, and pins the vast majority of blame on every bad thing that's happened to BP ON BP. Which is complete crap.

He's even down played him fighting Black Dwarf and takes damn near every single opportunity to sap whatever momentum BP does, by trying to be "objective", when his shade throwing shows that he's anything "but" objective. Often condemning him for any sort of revenge and playing this dishonest "he needs to be the bigger man" bullsh*t. And that he always needs to turn the other cheek as some pitiful pacifist. All the while constantly pointing out BP's mistakes, but damn near none of the things that he's done right.

It's infuriating watching him over these past few years make you all who post there (and T'challa) look like complete neutered suckers.

And "no" I'm not saying that the thread needs to be/should be a circle jerk, but it's just getting pathetic at how predictable his pedantry bullsh*t is. It's amazing that he's still same exact passive-aggressive hater, as when I was there, and no one's picked up on this yet. His entire schtick is to be as big a "Wet Blanket" as he can possibly be when it comes to BP. Especially when it comes to him taking the offensive over bad things done to him, like 99% of other heroes are able to do without anyone batting an eye.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:10:57 am by Booshman »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: September 23, 2015, 05:37:59 am »
Wow I'm surprised some even tolerate that racist cesspool at all (CBR).

Not me at all. I wasn't interested once the place was "reopened". f*ck that place
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:16:28 am by BmoreAkuma »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 23, 2015, 01:56:37 pm »
Wow I have missed alot of stuff. Good to see who the Author is gonna be. Unfortunately I too have not read any of his wok myself but he sounds solid none the less. Also might i add

To this:

And this:

In regards to all of this. That BP Variant cover is badass and i really Like how BP looks in that other cover. I usually prefer the standard look that we have seen in regards to the mask but him looking more panther like in this cover for some reason just feels awesome to me. Maybe its the shading down on the mask that makes it look so good. (though i would say if i were to add anything to it i would make the shading on his jaw come up a little like canines and so it would give the look of a panther baring his fangs).

The ball is set in motion, and though im not entirely thrilled that he was inspired by Hickman (for obvious reasons) I dont doubt that Ta-Nehisi Coates will try his best to portray T'Challa in the right light of just how awesome he really is, I think while its good they are wanting to add more black writers to the creative team, at this Stage i would much rather prefer a veteran  black writer to come in and pull out all the stops on BP, not because i think this guy wil do a bad job, but because he is just dipping his feet into comics and may not know all the ins and outs just yet It would still be amazing if Priest or RH was able to take another crack at writing BP (though they probably wont unfortunately) will full Marvel support. And i also need to ask WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE A WRITER MAKE GOOD USE OF SHADOW PHYSICS AND REVERT ALL THE PROCESSED VIBRANIUM BACK INTO ACTION???.

Seriously Vibranium is what makes T'Challa so unique from other heroes. SV by itself is cool, but the Tech he has gotten from it is very standard issue. The Gauntlets, the Shield, the Cloaking, the teleportation etc. multiple  heroes have that tech already and vibranium was unique with T'Challa. They can even take Shadow Physics a step further if they revert the vibranium by creating a new form of it called - SPV (Shadow Particle Vibranium)- where when the Vibranium is active again, he notices a small percentage of it ( 5-10%) has reverse qualities.

Instead of it absorbing Vibrations, energy, etc etc. It instead Repels it, and since Shadow Physics is mixed with the vibranium, it can disrupt energy and vibration, and momentum. Giving him more cool gadgets to work with (Like his energy dampening boots now mixed with SPV to enhance his speed, jumping power, fall heights, allowing him to also "jump" midair, or having SPV gauntlets that increase his striking/ piercing power, while also giving him a little more resistance to having his habit slashed along the grain) and more unique qualities available to The Black Panther.

All in all, with the Ewings book coming out, news of the BP series coming this spring, and all the other hype, its really exciting. The only way this could get better is if the Hard work of Workhouse Pictures gets some support budget wise to make a BP series, as we all saw what they can do with a 500 dollar budget, and can only image what they could do with a Netflix size budget...

Also Shout Out to You Friend Ture, your description of how CA:CW and the BP solo could play out was so good and descriptive I had to remind myself that it was just an idea, and not the actual plot (though it was a damn good plot i must say) it would be great if some of that stuff made it onto the big screen. I salute you
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:08:11 pm by Ezyo »

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #2802 on: September 23, 2015, 01:59:55 pm »
Oh, and seriously. Why do you people who post on CBR even take Xpac seriously with his facade as a Black Panther fan. The f*cking moron has successfully nestled himself in the "BP thread", and has fooled you all for YEARS in to thinking that he's an actual fan. Because all he ever does is "cleverly" try to diminish damn near every single thing T'challa does. He constantly roots for the villains who are against BP, takes the opposing stance of good developments/ideas (to build up the character) that the fanbase (no matter how stupid the opposing idea is), and he pins faults on BP's actions that he doesn't pin on other characters who do the same. And worse, he passive-aggressively takes the blame off of Namor, frequently (like 99% of the time) attempts to soften the blow of what should rightfully paint Namor as a complete scumbag and non-hero, and pins the vast majority of blame on every bad thing that's happened to BP ON BP. Which is complete crap.

He's even down played him fighting Black Dwarf and takes damn near every single opportunity to sap whatever momentum BP does, by trying to be "objective", when his shade throwing shows that he's anything "but" objective. Often condemning him for any sort of revenge and playing this dishonest "he needs to be the bigger man" bullsh*t. And that he always needs to turn the other cheek as some pitiful pacifist. All the while constantly pointing out BP's mistakes, but damn near none of the things that he's done right.

It's infuriating watching him over these past few years make you all who post there (and T'challa) look like complete neutered suckers.

And "no" I'm not saying that the thread needs to be/should be a circle jerk, but it's just getting pathetic at how predictable his pedantry bullsh*t is. It's amazing that he's still same exact passive-aggressive hater, as when I was there, and no one's picked up on this yet. His entire schtick is to be as big a "Wet Blanket" as he can possibly be when it comes to BP. Especially when it comes to him taking the offensive over bad things done to him, like 99% of other heroes are able to do without anyone batting an eye.
I don't frequent CBR anymore due to all that rascist claptrap over there. I have no idea who Xpac is and based on the responses from those form the HEF that used to post over there (before some got banned. Sometimes for calling out racist b.s.) I'm not exactly sure who you are talking to over here. Most of us here would be clownin' this Xpac if he were here on this forum.

As for T. Coates writing BP, as I said in another thread, I am not holding my breathe. Coates, a New York Times writer who has no dramatic fictional storytelling experience, writes a book about his personal experiences and growing up in the city and the plight of blacks and suddenly is chosen by John Stewart and other liberals as the the "spokeperson" for blacks. He doesn't mention Hudlin or Priest in the article introducing his appointment at Marvel, but plugs Hickman???? Uh,oh!

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:07:37 pm by The Evasive 1 »

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 23, 2015, 02:36:37 pm »

I don't frequent CBR anymore due to all that rascist claptrap over there. I have no idea who Xpac is and based on the responses from those form the HEF that used to post over there (before some got banned. Sometimes for calling out racist b.s.) I'm not exactly sure who you are talking to over here. Most of us here would be clownin' this Xpac if he were here on this forum.

As for T. Coates writing BP, as I said in another thread, I am not holding my breathe. Coates, a New York Times writer who has no dramatic fictional storytelling experience, writes a book about his personal experiences and growing up in the city and the plight of blacks and suddenly is chosen by John Stewart and other liberals as the the "spokeperson" for blacks. He doesn't mention Hudlin or Priest in the article introducing his appointment at Marvel, but plugs Hickman???? Uh,oh!

Oh, I'm mainly talking to the people who post on both CBR and here. They know who they are.

As for Coates, he's been a serious comic book fan since he was a kid. So while I don't like that he didn't mention Hudlin or CP (and mentions Hickman, who he based his BP on), I'm not worried that he'd be a pedestrian outsider like Dickey.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 23, 2015, 02:48:16 pm »

I Myself am not a Fan either of the guy giving a shout out to Hickman ( though i can see S.I Possibly liking this guy because of that) and not the true architects that brought BP into the limelight of being an awesome Character CJP and RH, hopefully his inspiration is in terms of good story telling and not the further deconstruction of our favorite Character, yes Hickman writes a good story, but his treatment of T'Challa has been underwhelming at best, and has basically turned this event into a "Reed Richards and the fantastic friends" with T'Challa always playing side kick to reed, as if he cant do things without him, and also turning the climax into a Reed Vs Doom to decide the fate of the MU. Not saying it needs to be all about BP but he also needs to be treated as an equal and not a sidekick.

So in the end time will tell how this will all play out and im hoping we get to see some cool stuff out of the series, and if it doesn't look like he is able to deliver, maybe marvel would have another writer take his place if need be