Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1099618 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3585 on: June 06, 2016, 03:30:15 pm »
Wassup Chaos Bringer! I was about to pm you to entice you to drop by the ole HEF

Wassup Ture! It's always a pleasure spending time in the HEF. I just wish there was more traffic as I really feel this is the best environment in which to discuss all things Wakandan.  8)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3586 on: June 06, 2016, 03:45:20 pm »
True dat. I think I'll try posting a Tweet on Coates' Twitter site, invite him to join the festivities.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: June 06, 2016, 04:46:45 pm »
True dat. I think I'll try posting a Tweet on Coates' Twitter site, invite him to join the festivities.

That may very well be the only way to get him to see sense. :smh:

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #3588 on: June 07, 2016, 01:53:25 pm »

You would hope. But, didn't Hickman (or was it Mayberry) stop by in here way back during "Doom War"?  I recall him not taking the criticism too well and then later he made that little quip in an interview about giving BP and Namor fans something to stop whining about it in Secret Wars...which he never really did. and the whole killing Namor off without BP exacting his revenge? smh.   Hopefully, if Coates stops by and listens to some of the hardcore BP fans in here will open him to some positive suggestions moving forward with his book.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:56:30 pm by The Evasive 1 »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 07, 2016, 08:16:59 pm »
Maberry stopped by the HEF vigorously defending his vision and to a lesser degree Marvel's direction.  Hickman is the one who labeled HEF's hardcore BP fans as 'whiners'.  It's entirely possible he was talking about Ture, Salustrade or myself!   ;) 8) ::)

Peace,

Mont

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 08, 2016, 09:02:54 am »
Maberry stopped by the HEF vigorously defending his vision and to a lesser degree Marvel's direction.  Hickman is the one who labeled HEF's hardcore BP fans as 'whiners'.  It's entirely possible he was talking about Ture, Salustrade or myself!   ;) 8) ::)

Peace,

Mont

'Passionate' would be a better adjective.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 08, 2016, 03:36:54 pm »
One could assume he was passionate.  I would tend to agree with that one and you brother.  However, I believe, "vigorously" would be the more objective characterization of Maberry's responses. 

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: June 08, 2016, 06:14:58 pm »
If a writer has to vigorously defend their story to fans.. they are doing it wrong

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 09, 2016, 09:30:57 am »
If a writer has to vigorously defend their story to fans.. they are doing it wrong

Good point!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3594 on: June 10, 2016, 06:06:38 pm »

Disagree. Priest dealt with MUCHO HATE when he revamped TChalla into THE REAL BP that our own R to the H built on and made even iller.

I'm wellll below small potatoes insofar as "internet notoriety" for writing BP, but even I had to deal with a notable number of posts from people saying that I'm "not writing him [ TChalla] right..." because I sensibly explained away all of TChalla's losses [ using canon, no less ], had him avenge himself on Doom and Namor, plausibly go toe to toe with Hercules AND WIN [ again, I'm really really surprised that the HEFfas here didn't instantly see the solution that I saw. Especially my formerly pretty darn numerous fellow self defense experts, here. I mean...the solution IS RIGHT THERE, guys and gals ], plus a whole bunch of other things.

Another one? They swore there is no way that TChalla could beat Karnak, and RH should have never written that.

Then I uncovered the history of the name "Karnak". None of them knew that stuff. And from that, I wove a common sense, immediately understood way that TChalla could not only beat the pants off Karnak [ and I'm talking the new and old Karnak, here ] but made 3 of the naysayers actually publicly say that they really liked how I revealed all this stuff by using real world history and my deep knowledge of tactics, strategy, warfare and hand to hand combat to forge a very plausible explanation for TChalla's feats.

If you have to vigorously defend your story to the fans? Depends on WHY you have to do it. The fans could be morons. You could suck. Could be something in between, depending on the consistency in quality of the book.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:14:18 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 10, 2016, 06:13:58 pm »

Disagree. Priest dealt with MUCHO HATE when he revamped TChalla into THE REAL BP that our own R to the H built on and made even iller. If you have to vigorously defend your story to the fans? Depends on WHY you have to do it. The fans could be morons. You could suck. Could be something in between, depending on the consistency in quality of the book.

In Priest case he wasn't defending vigorously against but moronic unfans who complained about what he was doing despite the fact that they didn't even bother o read the comics and were bitching just because of their own racial insecurities Priest even mentioned that was he case.

So again if a writer has to vigorously defend their work to the fans then they are doing something wrong.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 10, 2016, 06:16:30 pm »

Disagree. Priest dealt with MUCHO HATE when he revamped TChalla into THE REAL BP that our own R to the H built on and made even iller. If you have to vigorously defend your story to the fans? Depends on WHY you have to do it. The fans could be morons. You could suck. Could be something in between, depending on the consistency in quality of the book.

In Priest case he wasn't defending vigorously against but moronic unfans who complained about what he was doing despite the fact that they didn't even bother o read the comics and were bitching just because of their own racial insecurities Priest even mentioned that was he case.

So again if a writer has to vigorously defend their work to the fans then they are doing something wrong.

Again, this is not quite accurate. These moronic guys WERE fans...OF THE SUCKTASTIC TCHALLA. THE WEAK DUDE. THE "WAKK PANTHER" INSTEAD OF THE "BLACK PANTHER". Feel me? And I had to edit my post because I accidentally deleted the other half of it. Check the whole thing out, and see if you feel where I'm coming from. Or not. It's all good either way, brutha.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: June 10, 2016, 06:20:28 pm »

You would hope. But, didn't Hickman (or was it Mayberry) stop by in here way back during "Doom War"?  I recall him not taking the criticism too well and then later he made that little quip in an interview about giving BP and Namor fans something to stop whining about it in Secret Wars...which he never really did. and the whole killing Namor off without BP exacting his revenge? smh.   Hopefully, if Coates stops by and listens to some of the hardcore BP fans in here will open him to some positive suggestions moving forward with his book.

When the boldened actually happened? I almost left Marvel.

I still have definitely laid waaayyy back in my purchases of Marvel stuff.

All that stuff happens to BP because of Namor...and some Squadron Supreme heads put Namor in the grave? Hell no.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: June 10, 2016, 06:44:01 pm »

When the boldened actually happened? I almost left Marvel.

I still have definitely laid waaayyy back in my purchases of Marvel stuff.

All that stuff happens to BP because of Namor...and some Squadron Supreme heads put Namor in the grave? Hell no.

From what I hear it isn't even the whole story.  Spoilers for what is coming

Robinson wasn't allowed to kill Namor, without a plan to bring him back and he is returning soon or already happened..  So, Namor ain't "really" dead.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: June 10, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »

Again, this is not quite accurate. These moronic guys WERE fans...OF THE SUCKTASTIC TCHALLA. THE WEAK DUDE. THE "WAKK PANTHER" INSTEAD OF THE "BLACK PANTHER". Feel me? And I had to edit my post because I accidentally deleted the other half of it. Check the whole thing out, and see if you feel where I'm coming from. Or not. It's all good either way, brutha.

Again that's not a true fan. If a "fan" says T'Challa should run around in spandex beating up bad guys with no tech or anything because that's how he is.. which isn't even the case because he whooped the FF with tech and his strategic mind. As for your fan fiction I have only read it a couple of times. And really the debate we had forever ago about T'Challa going o Against here and winning is very realistic given  his track record. But in Mayberrys case I an see the fan's side and because he Even said the story was to promote Doom. Despite originally trying to play it off that it was a bp event.