Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710:THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1097068 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Avengers, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3600 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »
If a writer has to vigorously defend their story to fans.. they are doing it wrong

Disagree. Priest dealt with MUCHO HATE when he revamped TChalla into THE REAL BP that our own R to the H built on and made even iller. If you have to vigorously defend your story to the fans? Depends on WHY you have to do it. The fans could be morons. You could suck. Could be something in between, depending on the consistency in quality of the book.

In Priest case he wasn't defending vigorously against but moronic unfans who complained about what he was doing despite the fact that they didn't even bother o read the comics and were bitching just because of their own racial insecurities Priest even mentioned that was he case.

So again if a writer has to vigorously defend their work to the fans then they are doing something wrong.

Again, this is not quite accurate. These moronic guys WERE fans...OF THE SUCKTASTIC TCHALLA. THE WEAK DUDE. THE "WAKK PANTHER" INSTEAD OF THE "BLACK PANTHER". Feel me? And I had to edit my post because I accidentally deleted the other half of it. Check the whole thing out, and see if you feel where I'm coming from. Or not. It's all good either way, brutha.

Again that's not a true fan. If a "fan" says T'Challa should run around in spandex beating up bad guys with no tech or anything because that's how he is.. which isn't even the case because he whooped the FF with tech and his strategic mind. As for your fan fiction I have only read it a couple of times. And really the debate we had forever ago about T'Challa going o Against here and winning is very realistic given  his track record. But in Mayberrys case I an see the fan's side and because he Even said the story was to promote Doom. Despite originally trying to play it off that it was a bp event.

I agree that anyone who wants a  weak TChalla is NOT what I would call a TRUE FAN. I have even opined on the original HEF that such fans were so deeply racist, fearful and insecure that many of them are simply "lost causes".

But it's ALSO true that these fans...ARE fans. They are fans of the D-Lister TChalla. And they have been [ hopefully permanently ] muzzled by the shine that TChalla is so justly receiving. I don't won't and can't agree with 90% of  their take on TChalla. However. I can't dismiss them as not being "fans".

They are fans of the dominant weak D-Lister that Marvel has shown TChalla to be post his FF intro, pre Peter B. Gillis and of course pre-PRIEST, RH, LISS, EWING, ETC.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: June 12, 2016, 05:34:48 am »
If a writer has to vigorously defend their story to fans.. they are doing it wrong

Disagree. Priest dealt with MUCHO HATE when he revamped TChalla into THE REAL BP that our own R to the H built on and made even iller. If you have to vigorously defend your story to the fans? Depends on WHY you have to do it. The fans could be morons. You could suck. Could be something in between, depending on the consistency in quality of the book.

In Priest case he wasn't defending vigorously against but moronic unfans who complained about what he was doing despite the fact that they didn't even bother o read the comics and were bitching just because of their own racial insecurities Priest even mentioned that was he case.

So again if a writer has to vigorously defend their work to the fans then they are doing something wrong.

Again, this is not quite accurate. These moronic guys WERE fans...OF THE SUCKTASTIC TCHALLA. THE WEAK DUDE. THE "WAKK PANTHER" INSTEAD OF THE "BLACK PANTHER". Feel me? And I had to edit my post because I accidentally deleted the other half of it. Check the whole thing out, and see if you feel where I'm coming from. Or not. It's all good either way, brutha.

Again that's not a true fan. If a "fan" says T'Challa should run around in spandex beating up bad guys with no tech or anything because that's how he is.. which isn't even the case because he whooped the FF with tech and his strategic mind. As for your fan fiction I have only read it a couple of times. And really the debate we had forever ago about T'Challa going o Against here and winning is very realistic given  his track record. But in Mayberrys case I an see the fan's side and because he Even said the story was to promote Doom. Despite originally trying to play it off that it was a bp event.

I agree that anyone who wants a  weak TChalla is NOT what I would call a TRUE FAN. I have even opined on the original HEF that such fans were so deeply racist, fearful and insecure that many of them are simply "lost causes".

But it's ALSO true that these fans...ARE fans. They are fans of the D-Lister TChalla. And they have been [ hopefully permanently ] muzzled by the shine that TChalla is so justly receiving. I don't won't and can't agree with 90% of  their take on TChalla. However. I can't dismiss them as not being "fans".

They are fans of the dominant weak D-Lister that Marvel has shown TChalla to be post his FF intro, pre Peter B. Gillis and of course pre-PRIEST, RH, LISS, EWING, ETC.

I have ZERO problem referring to any reader who prefers a watered down T'Challa/Black Panther mythos as not being a fan of either concept.

I also have ZERO problem referring to any reader who engages in ridiculously hyperbolic fanwankery as being an equally problematic segment of readership.

I'm fair minded like that.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #3602 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:30 pm »

I have ZERO problem referring to any reader who prefers a watered down T'Challa/Black Panther mythos as not being a fan of either concept.

I also have ZERO problem referring to any reader who engages in ridiculously hyperbolic fanwankery as being an equally problematic segment of readership.

I'm fair minded like that.
I agree with this and Ezyo's position in this debate. Can't really say anything more that doesn't already make the point.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:05:27 pm by The Evasive 1 »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate, New Black Panther, New Black Power???
« Reply #3603 on: June 14, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »
What would qualify as hyperbolic fanwankery to you?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: June 16, 2016, 11:34:57 am »
What would qualify as hyperbolic fanwankery to you?

The blind and over enthusiastic stated belief that an untested writer is going to brilliant even before one gets to read the finished product.

Offline Rurouni KJS

• View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: June 16, 2016, 08:46:17 pm »
Hello, BP fans. I'm new here, though I've been lurking in this thread for a whole year after finding the HEF by accident while looking for Black Panther cosplay reference pics in research for my own outfit.

But I've wanted so badly to weigh in at times. It just took a very, very, very long time for my account to get approved.

I really thought maybe it had run its course, what with New Avengers and Secret Wars concluding and T'Challa consequently becoming a bigger star than ever at Marvel. But naw, y'all still arguing.  ;D

It's all good, though. It has been very fascinating to trace this discussion and reread that Hickman run with new eyes. Panther was the only reason I even picked up the title in the first place, and I liked enough of what I saw to stick around for the duration.

Like S.I., I saw what Hickman was doing, so I didn't mind that T'Challa wasn't succeeding all the time. But like Ture and a lot of the rest of you, I was waiting for that unqualified BP WIN moment. And I never ever got it in New Avengers, the only title I was collecting.

Seriously, eff that whole "In X Months, Time Runs Out!" thing. I skipped what looked like a normal-sized issue with a double-sized price and decided, "A $4.99 monthly comic is my absolute breaking point." And so I came to realize too late that I was lost, lost, lost in this story. And I missed T'Challa's moment when he took out Namor...in Avengers. Which I wasn't reading.

Anyway, I eventually got that win moment in Secret Wars, when T'Challa A) sets aside his beef with Namor, who's another character I like so I really don't want to see him pay the Wakandan penalty for his misdeeds and B) is one of those very few — No, the ONLY ONE! — in the Multiverse who can righteously wield the Infinity Gauntlet and take it to God Doom, who'd punked the other cosmic heavies with contemptuous ease. And, of course, the bookend moment at the close of the miniseries.

And now we're in this weird new place where a BP title sells out a 300,000 copy first printing. The hell were all these fans back in Priest's day on the book???? LOL

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:04:19 pm by Rurouni KJS »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:26 pm »
Wait, I lost track.  Who came up with "fanwankery?"  Awesome!

Welcome Rurouni KJS!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3607 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:49 pm »
None other than the Chaos Bringer.

Amandala Rurouni KJS! Looking forward to reading your insights on all things BP.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: June 16, 2016, 11:29:09 pm »
None other than the Chaos Bringer.

I should've known!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3609 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »
THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #10
GREG PAK (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
CIVIL WAR II TIE-INS!
TOTALLY AWESOME T’CHALLA!

BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY PHIL JIMENEZ

on sale 8-1-2016

and a BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY poster

on sale 8-10-2016

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: June 22, 2016, 10:50:29 pm »
THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #10
GREG PAK (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
CIVIL WAR II TIE-INS!
TOTALLY AWESOME T’CHALLA!

BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY PHIL JIMENEZ

on sale 8-1-2016

and a BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY poster

on sale 8-10-2016

OHHH MY GAWD!!

Black Panther, Storm, Pak AND...DODSON!! The Dodsons are one of the main reasons that I got into the rest of The Ultimate Universe [ which I thought overall was head and shoulders above the 616; except for TChalla in The Ultimate Universe ].

Gues I gotta get me my first THE TOTALLY AWESOM HULK book. And prolly keep buying it...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3611 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:16 pm »
Following previous images featuring Captain America, Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel, Marvel Comics has released a new Marvel NOW! teaser focusing on Black Panther and Prowler. The latest double-sided image from artist Mike Deodato, which was debuted on ComicBook.com, features the Panther and Prowler, both shattered and "divided" like the heroes in previous teasers.

This could indicate that Prowler, who has been assisting Peter Parker in the current "Amazing Spider-Man" series, is poised to take on a larger role in the post "Civil War II" Marvel U. The other teasers have also paired similarly well-known characters with lesser-known ones.

Marvel NOW! originated in fall 2012 as a relaunch to the publisher's lineup in the aftermath of "Avengers vs. X-Men" event. Though details are slim, it looks like this new Marvel NOW! -- spinning out of "Civil War II" -- will have a similar impact on the publishing line. The special Marvel NOW! "Previews" arrives on July 13 with more information about the initiative.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/black-panther-prowl-shattered-marvel-now-teaser

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3612 on: July 02, 2016, 04:54:11 pm »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3613 on: July 03, 2016, 12:24:21 pm »
Damn some of those are sick

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: July 03, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »

Those two are my favorites. How bad ass would it be if they actually did the TRO arc? Cleaning up some poor portrayals of Bp of course.